• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Presents: SUPER SMASH ROYALE III, April 28, 2007 in San Bernardino, CA-

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This be Luigi

5 man sounds good to me. SB + Riverside = too good

..............................wait, now that I think about it

=[

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ryan again

Id say the list for top 5 looks something like this

1. Knivez
2. Evilnemesis
3. JTB
4. Fabians
5. Keith???

if its top 5 that leaves only 1 free spot. So I dont know

araknophobik

Smash Master
maybe we should do the crews instead of low tier? o.O there might not be enough time
being that we're doing pools
then again, i haven't been to a nexus before and i dont know how many tv's there will be so o.Oi think SF valley gonna win it though, that team will consist of super friends. and with deepsocal split up amongst sd/la/ect then it seems like they'll be taking the gold

Yo is azeem la or riverside? o.O

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
OK We've Decided...

We're keeping Luigi and Link in the Low-Tier tourney, at least this time. We both looked over every response and carefully weighed the arguments. Truth be told, Thomas defended his position the best (not that it's a debate class), but we feel that it's too late to be changing the rules this drastically on everybody. I'd feel kinda messed up if we denied people like UltraLuigi the chance to play their character at the last second.

This doesn't mean that we won't change our position on this for future tournaments, but for this one, we're keeping Luigi and Link in. I hear you though Thomas about those who would choose Luigi and Link just to win matches and how it ruins the point and the spirit of holding a low-tier competition. I just hope that this is the minority and that most people will see this as an opportunity to give the lesser-known characters a chance to shine (instead of being shined... right off the stage :psycho: ). Hopefully, the top 3 people who win our trophies don't' ALL make it with Link/Luigi... that'd be pretty lame.

Anywyas, we're really excited about this tournament, lots of hard work is going into it, I hope you all have a great time. We have 79 people signed up so far, looks like San Diego decided to make an appearance at the last minute :) .

Charoo

Smash Champion
We're keeping Luigi and Link in the Low-Tier tourney, at least this time. We both looked over every response and carefully weighed the arguments. Truth be told, Thomas defended his position the best (not that it's a debate class), but we feel that it's too late to be changing the rules this drastically on everybody. I'd feel kinda messed up if we denied people like UltraLuigi the chance to play their character at the last second.

This doesn't mean that we won't change our position on this for future tournaments, but for this one, we're keeping Luigi and Link in. I hear you though Thomas about those who would choose Luigi and Link just to win matches and how it ruins the point and the spirit of holding a low-tier competition. I just hope that this is the minority and that most people will see this as an opportunity to give the lesser-known characters a chance to shine (instead of being shined... right off the stage :psycho: ). Hopefully, the top 3 people who win our trophies don't' ALL make it with Link/Luigi... that'd be pretty lame.

Anywyas, we're really excited about this tournament, lots of hard work is going into it, I hope you all have a great time. We have 79 people signed up so far, looks like San Diego decided to make an appearance at the last minute :) .
coming from a smasher who pick link because he wish that he it was his main because he loves link so much, thanks.

$ick

Smash Lord
Okay, now that I'm done crying about low-tier, I'll see what I can do to help you set up a regional crew battle. If we want to divide it by regions, here are some possibilies:

Counties:

Victorville + Hesperia = High Desert
Lol I think this is the first time this area has been mentioned whats so ever on the boards. It would be cool to do regions, but does it have to be 5 man? 4 with 1 stock extra each would be a much better situation for us... :)

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I haven’t heard if anyone from Santa Barbara is going to this, I doubt it since it’s quite a distance away. If that’s the case then Ventura + SB will not have enough people. Unless Plan 9 and I get half of the stock. :cool:

Hey Palmdale, do you guys know if Rel is going to this? He is 805 since he goes to UCSB. It would be great if we had Rel, Master Sword, Stu, Zander, or Wu, just to complete the crew.

Edit: Woohoo I can't wait for Low Tier!

nublet06

Smash Lord
I haven’t heard if anyone from Santa Barbara is going to this, I doubt it since it’s quite a distance away. If that’s the case then Ventura + SB will not have enough people. Unless Plan 9 and I get half of the stock. :cool:

Hey Palmdale, do you guys know if Rel is going to this? He is 805 since he goes to UCSB. It would be great if we had Rel, Master Sword, Stu, Zander, or Wu, just to complete the crew.

Edit: Woohoo I can't wait for Low Tier!
im not sure i havent talked to him since UCLA. Ill see if we can get him to go. im sure hed gladly rep 805 with you guys. there are too many palmdale people anyway. we could have two crews if everyone came XD.

West Palmdale
aesis
ROFL
emerican
rel
manny

East Palmdale
BoA
Teba
Lee Puff
Petoo
****/creepy fingers

wow thats ****. it would never happen tho. it ALMOST happend at best of 06....but rel and manny went to the bi weekly like noobs.

araknophobik

Smash Master
coming from a smasher who pick link because he wish that he it was his main because he loves link so much, thanks.
lol man champ, i can't decipher what you were trying to say but im sure its something funny.

region / crews is boring, i'll just randomly join one on the day of the tourny
looks like someone's disapointed that they can't make a regional crew =(

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
looks like someone's disapointed that they can't make a regional crew =(
In the year I've been playing smash, I've never cared to join a crew or be in one or anything of the sort. Again, your flaw is in thinking everyone cares about smash as much as you. If everyone in the community was like you, I'd definitely quit. Luckily, you're the only one. So seriously, stop trying to start ****, stop being an insecure little girl, and grow up.

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmfao you say i take it too seriously
but then you get all angry about a post i made
i was clearly joking around
was i supposed to use a =) instead of a =( at the end?
just because your argueing with me on the other thread doesn't mean it carry's on to this one
if you dont enjoy crews or teams, then so be it
its not like im forcing you to do anything, like you said on aim "**** i hit when ****** try to make me do **** i dont want to do" haha just caalllmm down

im sorry i started a flame war in the other thread, just dont bring it into this one ok?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wow Fabian, you're superb at reading emotion through the internets!

Everyone loves to make posts under the guise of "playing around." I called you out on it. Case closed. My words still stand.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
lmfao you say i take it too seriously
but then you get all angry about a post i made
i was clearly joking around
was i supposed to use a =) instead of a =( at the end?
just because your argueing with me on the other thread doesn't mean it carry's on to this one
if you dont enjoy crews or teams, then so be it
its not like im forcing you to do anything, like you said on aim "**** i hit when ****** try to make me do **** i dont want to do" haha just caalllmm down

im sorry i started a flame war in the other thread, just dont bring it into this one ok?
lol the second i got the email about the new post in this thread and saw that fabian was arguing with someone i automatically assumed P. man you two constantly argue over nothing. and fabian is right if you two are going to argue it shouldnt cross overe into over threads. stick with AIM (angry immature men) for arguements like everyone else says kthanksbye?. you two should MM for each arguement you have and the victor will obviously be the one that is right.

oh and crews are great when you have a crew good enough to win. also they are good entertainment like the one from best of '06. plus crews are all about pride they are obviously the gangs of gaming, i dont know how many times i've seen hugs walk in and say "Superfriends in the house!!!" and how about Knivez and all his deepthroat talk oh i mean deep socal no offense to the other members that is directed towards knivez only.

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
can someone find out or tell me around what time the low tier tourney will begin? thanks people

araknophobik

Smash Master
Luigi's mom once told me he faked diarrhea to get out of school, and instead of playing off the role by going to the bathroom frequently he played Maple story all day
=)

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
can someone find out or tell me around what time the low tier tourney will begin? thanks people
I think we already said this, but just in case we didn't, we're planning on starting the low-tier tourney first thing at 11:00-11:30 A.M (depending on how many people show up late). We're going to be doing low-tier and starting to run doubles at the same time, and as people show up they'll be added into the brackets.

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
I think we already said this, but just in case we didn't, we're planning on starting the low-tier tourney first thing at 11:00-11:30 A.M (depending on how many people show up late). We're going to be doing low-tier and starting to run doubles at the same time, and as people show up they'll be added into the brackets.

thank u! that sounds great. it looks like imma be gettin my cake (smash) and eating it too (girl) hehe no pun intended... well, maybe a lil bit

ps, all u luigis are goin down :chuckle:

emerican

Smash Ace
you think 7 would take too long?... well, idk.

should be 5 man per crew plus alternates.. unless crews want to agree on 6v6 or 8v8 or 100 v 100... whatever.

Zenith

Smash Ace
stick wit 5.
otherwise it'll start taking a long time to finish.

the 10 on 10 took 4ever didn't it, half would be equally as good.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
I'd team with you, double fox could go all the way until we play double peach or marth lol.

Zoap

Smash Master
theoretically speaking, if i came down(maybe some other ppl(doubtful)) But if i came down for this is there perhaps a place that i could crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom