• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Gaming Presents: SUPER SMASH ROYALE III, April 28, 2007 in San Bernardino, CA-

Status
Not open for further replies.

araknophobik

Smash Master
theoretically speaking, if i came down(maybe some other ppl(doubtful)) But if i came down for this is there perhaps a place that i could crash.
will you be leaving sunday morning?
im willing to house but i have work sunday afternoon so you'd have to leave early sunday
not to be pushy just letting you know whatsup =)

Zoap

Smash Master
yea i would arrive friday and leave sunday maybe even sat night. i dont know if anyone else from norcal wants to go wit me ill post a thread, its kinda short notice but eh. If people do want to go how many could you house.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i work friday night as well until around 10 or 11 so if you show up friday night then its all good
i could house 3, maybe 4 if my roomate doesn't have work in the morning
i'd have to ask him, and he's in class right now

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I guess we could team...
Wait. No!
I'm not going to enter teams. :/ I can't stay for a long time.
So I'm only entering low-tier and doing a few few MMs.
:0

Jo$h

Smash Cadet
For those of you who wanna get rocked in some bball, there will be mm before the tourney around 9ish. So if you wanna get smoked then you know where we be...

XYIENCE

dr. d00m

Smash Cadet
Yeah what Kid KasKade said. Team Xyience rox. So come get some MMs.

Just letting all u guys know....$10+ MMs still apply....

I'm yet to see any challengers since my post...do i smell pollo?

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
yea i would arrive friday and leave sunday maybe even sat night. i dont know if anyone else from norcal wants to go wit me ill post a thread, its kinda short notice but eh. If people do want to go how many could you house.
That'd be awesome if you guys could come. We'd be proud to have you at our tournament. We'd even volunteer housing, but Stop and I have a LOT of stuff to get ready before the tournament (you'd be suprised how many little things we've gotta make/prepare etc.), and we don't have the room. :( Otherwise, we'd totally be down to house some people. :)

Hope to see Nor Cal make a showing, next time we'll invite people ahead of time from AZ//Nor Cal and other areas.

This is our first HUGE tournament. Our others had 50ish show, i'm pretty confident that we'll break 100. We have 84 people REGISTERED through our site, and know of many more who are coming who aren't. Plus there's those who were just too lazy to sign the registration form. :psycho:

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
is there a limit to how many people come? and how long til the next nexus?
Definitely not, and we'll probably have the next tourney (for smash at least) sometime during the summer. Our goal is to have one tourney for our bigger games every season.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I read on the Nexus web site that crews will be 4 or 5 man. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but are alternates allowed? Say, we have 6 or 7 people, would be be able to send in 5 people out of the 6-7 per crew battle? Or is it only 4-5 people, no exceptions?

I will be bringing a cube! My car is too small to fit a TV :-(

Thank you for your time :]

$ick

Smash Lord
My vote is still have a 20 stock crew battle, that way getting into a crew isn't too hard, can have 4 or 5, or probably any random number as long as you do the stocks right. And crews won't take forever.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
I read on the Nexus web site that crews will be 4 or 5 man. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but are alternates allowed? Say, we have 6 or 7 people, would be be able to send in 5 people out of the 6-7 per crew battle? Or is it only 4-5 people, no exceptions?

I will be bringing a cube! My car is too small to fit a TV :-(

Thank you for your time :]
Not too sure I understand your question... but the crews in crew battles are always 4-5 people. Those numbers divide easily into 20, if you did say 6 or 7 people, some people in your crew would have more stocks in the battle than others (most likely the better people). When the other team loses, the whining will begin.

It just makes things simpler and more fair.

Now, if you mean you wanna, say at the start of the crew battle, have 7 POTENTIAL people in your crew, and when the battle starts you only put in five, I don't think that would be very fair either, because if the other team is strategizing the order they're gonna put people in, they should be able to at least know WHO they're going up against before the battle starts.

Thanks for the cube, we're gonna need every one we can get. :)

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
I would like to practice for this, and I haven't anyone to play. I am at the University of Redlands living on campus and I am willing to drive to people in the SB/Riverside area as long as I can get some good games. Send me a PM before the 28th and I'll give you my cell phone or you give me yours and let's play. Thanks! (I main Samus and play DK low tier)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Come play at UCR tomorrow night, I need Samus training :(

JMW

Smash Apprentice
Luigi...we'll be there tomorrow since we havent gone in two weeks...contact a lot of people. Stop(Mr. X) you should come to ucr.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'll go with Jonathan if you actually get diff people... otherwise I am too broke for UCR, and Nathan gave me good training =)

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
I'm down to Show up Thursday @ UCR, but what time and where exactly? if i could get PM'd some phone numbers and names i'm definitely willing to make the trip.

and I think I met you at Sam's (darchon) the one smashfest I attended JTB. My name is Chris, might be hard to remember. Anyhow I'd be glad to go.

Zenith

Smash Ace
7am is good. We'll hit you up if we happen to change our minds. ^_^
7 d***.
Aye can I come early to help set everything up?
I like putting electronics together and setting stuff up.

P.S. I cannot provide a VCR no money.

infilade

Smash Apprentice
UCR tomorrow = too good. i need some pre-nexus practice with reallll people, the comps aren't cutting it =\

i would let you guys use my cube, but it has this problem where it sometimes freezes mid game, out of nowhere. so i doubt you would want to use it.

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Holy Crap...

We just put together a list of stuff that we just need to bring Sat. Morning.

- [ ] SUPER SMASH ROYALE III - CHECK LIST

- [ ] ELECTRONICS
- [ ] 6 T.V's
- [ ] 1 Gamecube + 3 Controllers + 2 AV Cords + 2 RF Cables +
Memory Card
- [ ] Justin's Laptop
- [ ] Extension Cords
- [ ] Label Maker
- [ ] Projector
- [ ] Adam's Monitor
- [ ] VCR + Tapes
- [ ] Calculator

- [ ] Paper Stuff
- [ ] Tournament Flyer
- [ ] Tournament Signs (left, right, middle)
- [ ] T.V. Labels (Smash Number, Friendlies)
- [ ] Tournament Rules
- [ ] Low-Tier Flyers
- [ ] Register List
- [ ] Pools Chart
- [ ] Item Ledger
- [ ] Check-In List for People Who Didn't Register Online
- [ ] T.V. Manners Sign
- [ ] Food Price Sign
- [ ] Merchandise Price Sign
- [ ] Directions from Home to Venue
- [ ] Directions to Little Caesars from venue + phone number

- [ ] Miscellaneous
- [ ] Concession Stand (Chips, Cookies, Napkins, Plates)
- [ ] Cooler + Drinks
- [ ] Ice (Buy Sat. Morning)
- [ ] Raffle Tickets
- [ ] Gamecrazy Gift Card ($60)
- [ ] Trophies/Medals
- [ ] Projector Stand + Black Tablecloth
- [ ] Red Tablecloth
- [ ] Pens
- [ ] Business Cards
- [ ] T-Shirts
- [ ] 2 Business Card Holders
- [ ] Duct Tape
- [ ] Scotch Tape
- [ ] Raffle Ticket Jar
- [ ] Remote Control for T.V's
- [ ] Camera + Batteries
- [ ] AV Cables for VCR-Projector
- [ ] Speakers

Yeah... you guys better feel special... lol. :lick:

araknophobik

Smash Master
blitz and I are going tomorow to ucr forsure
maybe brian
and i was talking to pbody about it too
he said he might go with jay
something about yoogi bear and boo boo?

edit: to those who are interested of the ucr weekly, it usually starts after 10pm and lastes until like 2 or 3

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
starts earlier than that... like 7-8. gotta get there before 8 so you get the greatest chicken strips in the world.

ModusOperandi

Smash Cadet
Any word on this UCR smashfest practice session going down tonight? if someone would send me a contact PM it would be greatly appreciated and I also wanted to ask if I got some more people to come if it would be okay? I don't wish to intrude but I def could get some more people if it was wanted.

thanks~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Any word on this UCR smashfest practice session going down tonight? if someone would send me a contact PM it would be greatly appreciated and I also wanted to ask if I got some more people to come if it would be okay? I don't wish to intrude but I def could get some more people if it was wanted.

thanks~
Contact me on AIM, or call my cell at 909-262-9980. As long as you dont call between 5-6, or 7:30-8:30, I'll probably answer it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom