• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Also. Top 5 Stages you'll like to see in the next Smash anyone?
Ill limit myself to one per Franchise (only those in smash except the extra one)
Unorderd!

1. Masked Dededes Ring
2. Ganons castle Roof flooded
3. Snowdin/ Castle town
4. Tazmilly Village
5. Bowsers castle

6. Final Cheat or Game City havent decided yet! (Videospiel-Man) :p

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Has anyone here played any of Square-Enix’s HD2D games like Octopath Traveller or Triangle Strategy? I’ve been having a lot of fun recently with Octopath 2 and Triangle Strategy. The games have really good music and simple but enjoyable stories. Sometimes JRPG stories can get a bit convoluted so it’s refreshing to get something on the simpler side now and then. The graphics would also be a really interesting fit for a Smash stage. Ideally, I’d love a playable character like H’aanit, Throne, or Frederica but I think even just a stage alone would be awesome. It would really be a unique look in Smash and give us a ton of great tracks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, one, that is a fan take, not official stuff.
He sourced the Super Metroid reading instead of the Metroid Prime reading to argue against it, what do you mean “fan take”?

It’s as much as a fan take as yours. :sakbanjo:

Secondly, you can't use science to try to solve things in fiction, as the physics of fiction and reality and reality's science are different.

In other words, might as well just go with it.
Then why did you bring up the factoid from Prime like it mattered? Either reading comes out the same— Samus is strong.

Last edited:

Truth the Ceomasterz33

Smash Journeyman
Hello, my fellow members! We trying and making posts about statements.

I'm back and sorry for hiatus and languages. I before reveal as character nickname on past posts or fighters of Asia-Pacific countries. I have clarify as absent or hiatus. I'll also clarifies to my languages and living at my countries.

I'll acknowledged as absent or hiatus from October 2021. It's still online, since haven't posts until 2024. But few posts before 2024, this conisidered to absence but has online. Since ending of Newcomers/DLC Speculation sub forum or forums or Sora's release date or reveals.
I despite being returning to 2024, stil posts and onlines on 2022 or 2023.

Despite being to profiles location in Hawaii.
I still an Indonesian, has an my native language and poor or average English but easy learning or speaking of English! I trying typing or posts in this threads or some what? Where is Southeast Asian members of Smashboards?

I please join me?

Tell my fellow members to remember use on mention or says as Truth the Ceomasterz33 Truth the Ceomasterz33 , please mention me and calling Richard or Truth or other names!

We hoping to Next Smash Bros!

We're thoughts on my posts?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Top 5 Stages? let's go:
1. Atari Flashback
2. Area Zero (Pokémon Scarlet and Violet)
3. Eylos (Fire Emblem Engage)
4. Flying Battery Zone (Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles)
5. Sparkle Theater (Princess Peach Showtime)
I love the music for Area Zero. The overworld and battle themes are great but I especially love the song that plays during the final battle. The depths of Area Zero in the DLC had some really cool looking areas that could make for a great stage.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Whats your opinion of a deltarune character joining Smash?!
For me the choice depends on factors!
If frisk is not in than either The full fun gang or just Kris!
However if we already have frisk you could make a case for Susie or even Ralsei!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He sourced the Super Metroid reading instead of the Metroid Prime reading to argue against it, what do you mean “fan take”?

It’s as much as a fan take as yours. :sakbanjo:

Then why did you bring up the factoid from Prime like it mattered? Either reading comes out the same— Samus is strong.
I meant it is not official, plus, like I said, the Metroid world is fictional, so it is bound to work differently from the real world. This is a guy trying to use science to determine something in fiction, something that is not really meant to be debunked. The guy was trying to debunk this when it is fiction. All that is a fan take here. Plus, the guy is most likely not from Nintendo, and Nintendo has the say here, even if it makes no sense.

Plus, when did I use Prime here? I did not say Super Metroid or Prime when saying anything.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Wesker is definitely more important but my reasoning is as simple as that I think a playable zombie would be fun and I really like Nemesis’ design. I just like the idea of a zombie representing a series about zombies.
I know it’s old but zombies only really define resident evil 1-3.

after that in terms of numbered games they don’t appear except for 6.

So it would be much like FF, if they are representing zombies it’s gotta be raccoon city and all the ps1 stuff.

someone like Chris or Leon , Bassicaly omnipresent thought the series with modern relevance would make sense then something just really in the early games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plus, when did I use Prime here? I did not say Super Metroid or Prime when saying anything.
Right here.

If I may add, that power suit does look heavy, but if I recall; Samus did all her training on a planet that has over 900 times that of Earth's gravity.
I’d assume that if you spitballed the number off the top of your head you’d have known the game it came from too. That’s the only reason he even responded to you. :p

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Just curious but why Traveler's tales of all studios? They don't strike me as a studio that can really help a lot for a fighting games. Someone like Capcom, Sega or ArcSystems just feels like a more natural fit.
I bet, if Brawl and Subspace Emissary were done by SEGA, they'd probably give each franchise their own interconnected storyline.

Kinda like Sonic Adventure 1&2.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I know it’s old but zombies only really define resident evil 1-3.

after that in terms of numbered games they don’t appear except for 6.

So it would be much like FF, if they are representing zombies it’s gotta be raccoon city and all the ps1 stuff.

someone like Chris or Leon , Bassicaly omnipresent thought the series with modern relevance would make sense then something just really in the early games.
Fair enough. I’ve personally never played anything past the first three games but we did own RE4 and I watched my brother beat it. I haven’t really kept up much with the series since then so I still associate Resident Evil with zombies. Apologies for making assumptions about the rest of the series.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
M
I don't really do dreams much and even if they were, it wouldn't about Smash of all things. Weird i say

Also. Top 5 Stages you'll like to see in the next Smash anyone?
Lab discovera (Kirby)
The nether (Minecraft)
Vr mission (metal gear)
Ruined city (nier automata)
Wistful wild (pikmin)

Thinking of metal gear

Raiden is such an obvious character for a 3rd party franchise

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Right here.

I’d assume that if you spitballed the number off the top of your head you’d have known the game it came from too. That’s the only reason he even responded to you. :p
Well, even if it is from only Prime, fiction still uses different rules from real life. You can’t exactly use the odd of a person not working at Nintendo as it is not official. That said, wherever Prime is I the Metroid timeline, it does take place after Super Metroid as I have read.

Besides, if we were to get technical, maybe Zebes is a dense planet, like how a Neutron star is, but not as dense. Still, there is the composition and all. Either way, it is not just mass here.

Truth the Ceomasterz33

Smash Journeyman
I actual nickname as Tuna. It's called as Kiana Kaslana! She who's from FlyMe2theMoon and Honkai series. Her conisidered to Smash?

Yes, actual Kiana is really mascot of miHoYo/Hoyoverse and FlyMe2theMoon is first of Hoyoverse. Her originated from FlyMe2theMoon but her movesets from Honkai series (specifically as Honkai Impact 3rd but some movesets from GGZ and Zombiegal Kawaii and few moveset from FlyMe2theMoon). I since playing as MLBB, Jetpack Joyride, Free Fire and my Koreans games. I am Asia-Pacific reps! When ending of Ultimate DLCs and last of spirits events. My hope to fighters of APAC countries for next Smash games. I talked as Asia-Pacific or Pacific countries, we're as such Australia, China, South Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan and other Pacific countries.

This you reminds to share name with Claude, Ryoma and Raiden. Claude from MLBB and Claude is Fire Emblem, Ryoma are Arena of Valor and Ryoma is from Fire Emblem, too many of names Raidens are Raiden Mei, Raiden Shogun, Lord Raiden, Raiden Jack and other Raiden from games. I also doubles share name is Raiden Ryoma!

I seriously sweating or hardly in typing posts on This threads.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, even if it is from only Prime, fiction still uses different rules from real life. You can’t exactly use the odd of a person not working at Nintendo as it is not official. That said, wherever Prime is I the Metroid timeline, it does take place after Super Metroid as I have read.

Besides, if we were to get technical, maybe Zebes is a dense planet, like how a Neutron star is, but not as dense. Still, there is the composition and all. Either way, it is not just mass here.
Eh, it don’t matter at the end of the day. We all understand it enough and there isn’t a point on divulging how specifically strong she is, or getting into what’s canon or not (Prime has its own issues). I just think your posting ethic is wack, and I will not elaborate further. :251:

I seriously sweating or hardly in typing posts on This threads.
Smash speculation is a scene of all bark and no bite.

Also your translator isn’t very good. All I understand is that you think Hoyoverse has a chance to get in Smash, which is probably true.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh, it don’t matter at the end of the day. We all understand it enough and there isn’t a point on divulging how specifically strong she is, or getting into what’s canon or not (Prime h. I just think your posting ethic is wack, and I will not elaborate further. :251:
Well, I wasn’t the one who started the discussion about how strong Samus is. You could have started with the one who did start it.

Truth the Ceomasterz33

Smash Journeyman
Also your translator isn’t very good. All I understand is that you think Hoyoverse has a chance to get in Smash, which is probably true.
Thank you. But I meaning your translator isn't good to my native languages and poor or average English but taken from Singaporean or Aussie or Kiwi accents. I hope more Hoyoverse characters get chance to future Smash games!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
3rd party characters are cool but at the same time, I don't want them to overshadow the series.
Same...

I like 3rd Parties as much as the next fan, but look at some of the Nintendo series we haven't gotten a playable character for yet.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(Others)

Sure, they aren't anywhere near as popular, but asides having the advantage of being easier to add in, look at the amount of variety that Nintendo has. JRPG Protagonists, Scrimblos, Cheerleaders, Mechas and Robots, Magic Dinosaurs, Stand users, War veterans, you name it. And that's part of the beauty of Smash Bros. Seeing these bizarre characters interacting with each other like it's a normal thing.
And THIS is why I'm always excited when Smash ends up adding one of their retro/obscure/niche characters as playable.

In addition to what you listed earlier, Nintendo's got pilots (some in-training and some in the actual Air Force), private eyes, tap dancers, fashionistas, gods and goddesses, superheroes (active, former, or played one on TV), sumo wrestlers, secret agents, chefs, musicians, scientists and athletes of all kinds out the wazoo.

Clearly, Nintendo certainly doesn't have any shortage of characters and archetypes to pull from.

Ngl, this is part of why I hope Smash looks into another story mode at some point, because there's legit something just magical about seeing all these folks meeting up.

You know Doshin the Giant? It would be funny if we had Doshin and one of the characters from Rampage put into a Smash Bros. game, made to be around the same size, and fight each other in such a Smash Bros. game.
It's funny, Jashin the Giant might even fit the 'rampage' motif better, given the whole 'Hate Giant' schtick it's got going on.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I wasn’t the one who started the discussion about how strong Samus is. You could have started with the one who did start it.
Why? She didn’t do anything wrong. Superprincess nor Verde mentioned the gravity of Zebes, the only thing we were discussing about.

Thank you. But I meaning your translator isn't good to my native languages and poor or average English but taken from Singaporean or Aussie or Kiwi accents. I hope more Hoyoverse characters get chance to future Smash games!
I’ve never played Genshin or Honkai, but they’ve got a wide audience. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t as well-liked here versus other series.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Same...

And THIS is why I'm always excited when Smash ends up adding one of their retro/obscure/niche characters as playable.

In addition to what you listed earlier, Nintendo's got pilots (some in-training and some in the actual Air Force), private eyes, tap dancers, fashionistas, gods and goddesses, superheroes (active, former, or played one on TV), sumo wrestlers, secret agents, chefs, musicians, scientists and athletes of all kinds out the wazoo.

Clearly, Nintendo certainly doesn't have any shortage of characters and archetypes to pull from.

Ngl, this is part of why I hope Smash looks into another story mode at some point, because there's legit something just magical about seeing all these folks meeting up.

It's funny, Jashin the Giant might even fit the 'rampage' motif better, given the whole 'Hate Giant' schtick it's got going on.
I can definitely understand people wanting to keep the focus primarily on Nintendo’s own properties rather than going too heavily towards third party. The series started out as a massive Nintendo crossover and keeping that focus gives us a chance to see many of their smaller franchises people may not be familiar with and introduce them to a new audience.

I personally lean towards third party for my own wishlists because I have a bias towards characters and games I have a connection to, which I don’t really have with a lot of the more niche first party titles. That said, it is always fun to get a few surprise characters I didn’t know much about beforehand. It was actually Smash that got me into Fire Emblem, for example. Smash is very good at building interest in various titles and it’s a great way to revitalize some dormant IP like Brawl did for Kid Icarus.

I’d love to at least see some more of the third party selections put more emphasis to their importance to Nintendo’s own history. The Nintendo connection is one of the major reasons I strongly support RARE getting more characters. During the SNES and N64 days, they were essentially a part of Nintendo. Though they are no longer connected with Nintendo, I’ve still always viewed their characters as honorary Nintendo characters since those are the consoles I played all their games on and they had a very close relationship at the time.

Last edited:

Truth the Ceomasterz33

Smash Journeyman
I’ve never played Genshin or Honkai, but they’ve got a wide audience. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t as well-liked here versus other series.
Why? I have played as Smash and other fighting games is either as average or hard and they aren't as well-liked here versus other series is mean't or meaning? I had playing MLBB and is got my Mythic ranks. I explain Honkai and Genshin to well-liked other versus other series?
I since Genshin and Honkai fans.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I don't have much interest in it. They aren't high on my list of SE franchises.
That’s fair. I’d rather see a Chrono Trigger character first as well but I do think their modern HD2D games have been pretty underrated and are actually very good. It’s sad that I’ve been having a lot more fun with them than I did Final Fantasy XII, XIII, XV, and Kingdom Hearts III. Final Fantasy VII Remake was great but I haven’t played Rebirth or XVI due to not having a PS5.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That’s fair. I’d rather see a Chrono Trigger character first as well but I do think their modern HD2D games have been pretty underrated and are actually very good. It’s sad that I’ve been having a lot more fun with them than I did Final Fantasy XII, XIII, XV, and Kingdom Hearts III. Final Fantasy VII Remake was great but I haven’t played Rebirth or XVI due to not having a PS5.
I’d like to see a Chrono Trigger character character in Smash Bros. as well. I don’t think it is likely, though.

So, how are the HD2D games, anyway?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d like to see a Chrono Trigger character character in Smash Bros. as well. I don’t think it is likely, though.

So, how are the HD2D games, anyway?
Well I guess it depends who you ask lol. I really enjoy them personally. My only real complaint with Octopath is that there isn’t much interaction between your party members. They all have their own focused stories and the rest of your party at the time doesn’t favor much into anyone’s individual stories. Octopath 2 did a lot to fix this with crossed path sections and the final segment of the game but it’s still pretty different from a typical JRPG. Triangle Strategy is great. Your choices actually drastically affect the story and you fight on completely different maps and recruit different party members based on your decisions in the story. The maps are a lot of fun to battle on as well. The music for both series is great but Octopath is particularly amazing. Some of the best I’ve heard in any game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well I guess it depends who you ask lol. I really enjoy them personally. My only real complaint with Octopath is that there isn’t much interaction between your party members. They all have their own focused stories and the rest of your party at the time doesn’t favor much into anyone’s individual stories. Octopath 2 did a lot to fix this with crossed path sections and the final segment of the game but it’s still pretty different from a typical JRPG. Triangle Strategy is great. Your choices actually drastically affect the story and you fight on completely different maps and recruit different party members based on your decisions in the story. The maps are a lot of fun to battle on as well.
Ahhhh…

Perhaps I should try Octopath and Triangle Strategy sometime! They sound good!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ahhhh…

Perhaps I should try Octopath and Triangle Strategy sometime! They sound good!
I suppose I should mention that Triangle Strategy can be pretty grindy on Normal difficulty or higher. I played the first 5 maps on Normal and was able to win but had to grind a lot in between story battles. I put it on easy afterwards and the it was pretty comparable to Three Houses’ difficulty on Normal. There’s also quite a bit of story in between battles. I enjoy the story so I don’t mind but I can see it being a bit much for some. Thankfully those story segments are skippable if you’re only looking for the battles.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I suppose I should mention that Triangle Strategy can be pretty grindy on Normal difficulty or higher. I played the first 5 maps on Normal and was able to win but had to grind a lot in between story battles. I put it on easy afterwards and the it was pretty comparable to Three Houses’ difficulty on Normal. There’s also quite a bit of story in between battles. I enjoy the story so I don’t mind but I can see it being a bit much for some. Thankfully those story segments are skippable if you’re only looking for the battles.
Okay, thanks for mentioning that.

On that note, anyone want a non-RPG rep from Square Enix intl Smash? If they are from the company they own, I vote Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
God, Crono for Smash would be an absolute dream...

Just let me hear some music from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.
Magus is my personal number one most wanted Smash character. I know Crono is more likely but I’ve always loved Magus as a character and there is at least a case to be made why he might get chosen (namely being the only character originally planned to play a major role in every game before it was dropped due to time constraints in CC and replaced with Guile).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Speaking of Square Enix reps that aren't from RPGs, why haven't we gotten Space Invaders in Smash yet?
The only opportunity for this to have happened so far would have been on Ultimate's base roster, since Square Enix joined during Smash 4 DLC and Ultimate DLC did not offer non-playable content in a vacuum. So it makes sense, seeing how Square Enix's offerings on Ultimate's base roster were already less than generous. They haven't had much of a chance to show themselves.

I hope Taito may be a different story from the typical SE fare and not be that difficult to work out next time, because as we've discussed a few times in the past there are some really neat opportunities there for fun ATs or bosses at the very least. I don't think Space Invaders would make for a very good playable character, but I've been progressively excited about the prospect of them as an AT or mob boss character. Or if they brought Smash Run back, they'd be a perfect enemy type. Being one of the most prestigious and oldest major titles absent from Smash I feel like its presence is a strong possibility.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
A bit of a sad question but do you think Toriyama’s passing will negatively affect the chances of seeing one of his characters either returning to or joining Smash? I’d understand if they didn’t want to include anything out of respect but it could potentially be seen as another way to honor his legacy. I don’t mean any disrespect it’s just something I’m curious about.

Top Bottom