• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If I'm not mistaken, Giygas is considered a universal threat? Maybe an OC can have a character that's kind of based on him.

Master Hand took elements from Wham Bam Rock and I wouldn't be surprised if Tabuu took elements from another character.

Giygas would be the perfect villain for a crossover event, so I say either him or a character based on him would be just right for the next Smash Bros game.
I think Tabuu is loosely based on Marx from Kirby.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Mewtwo is so bizarre in Ultimate because he feels very regressive. Smash for did a really great job at breathing life into the character by improving his mobility and offensive presence, but he's so much defensively worse in Ultimate that he feels exactly back where he was in Melee. Dude needs some major buffs, including getting rid of the tail hitbox.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For new SSB names, I like ones that fangames have used or names similar to fangames:
SSB Rumble
SSB Clash
SSB Collision

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I hope Nintendo aren’t total cheapskates with the English voice acting next time around. Not holding my breath but it’d be nice if Cloud and Sephiroth had their current English voice actors.

it would also be nice if characters like Sonic didn’t have to use archived clips from other games, but that’s slightly less egregious.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You’re only selling me more on the idea.
Well good. Cause I fully support the idea of Giygus as Smash's big bad.

Or at the very least, he should be the unstoppable malevolent force that the other villains are trying to control. The same way Porky did.

Giygas is threatening all of reality. In order to defeat him, Kirby is forced to eat him.

Behold, the TRUE Final Boss of Smash Bros...Kirbygas.

1711293973577.png

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Speaking of voice acting, I am incredibly curious how they are going to handle Mario, Luigi, Wario and Peach

Will they use the same Charles Martinet Voice lines for the Plumbers or will Kevin Afghani record new lines?

Will Peach use the same voice lines or will they rerecord with the voice direction from Showtime?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Speaking of voice acting, I am incredibly curious how they are going to handle Mario, Luigi, Wario and Peach

Will they use the same Charles Martinet Voice lines for the Plumbers or will Kevin Afghani record new lines?

Will Peach use the same voice lines or will they rerecord with the voice direction from Showtime?
I'm pretty sure they'll used the new voice actors for the Mario cast. New Mario games will not used Charles Martinet unless it's a remaster like Mario vs DK and Luigi mansion 2 hd so Smash should change too.

Bayonetta should also change voice actors in the next Smash for Jennifer Hale.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure they'll used the new voice actors for the Mario cast. New Mario games will not used Charles Martinet unless it's a remaster like Mario vs DK and Luigi mansion 2 hd so Smash should change too.

Bayonetta should also change voice actors in the next Smash for Jennifer Hale.
I am pretty sure that will be the case but Smash Bros. is a bit weird when it comes to new lines, Such as Captain Falcon not having any new lines until the Min Min trailer.

100% agree about Bayonetta though.

Last edited:

ScrubReborn

Smash Cadet
Better question is why would they not replace Charles with Kevin? Kevin is Mario now, and Nintendo's not gonna let Smash use a outdated voice for their mascot. Even if it means hearing that "AW YEAH MAWIO TIME" when he wins.

What I really wonder though is if we'll hear the debut of his Waluigi voice in Smash 6. 👀

As for Peach, the only condition is when they drafted the concept for Smash 6 and if Showtime was developed close enough to it. If Showtime was too late for the Project Plan, she might miss out on her new voice.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Only if the old voices are options!
In general Voice overs should be more flexible!
For example if a character has japanese and english as languages you can chose which one you wanna have on a character by character basis!
Same applys to pokemon and sonic just with all other languages too!
Its stupid how your forced to listen to english dubbing if you wanna have german text?!
In general smash 6 should have tons of fun unlocks like:
A stage Mirror, Stage skins (for example Diffrent weather or ganons temple)
Unlockable Character and mii costumes and unlockable voices like the classic mario cast!

Also maybe have the intro song be translated into more languages? Beacuse understanding lyrics can be hard!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that the next game will replace Charles Martinet and Hellena Taylor with Kevin Afghani and Jennifer Hale respectively to match with their newest games. Smash has done this before, with the frequent recastings of the Star Fox cast to match the newest games and Pit and Sonic both getting their new voice actors in Smash 4.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
In general I just hope Nintendo doesn't cut any corners with the voice acting in the next game. As time as gone on it's easy to see which characters are updated and properly voiced to the ones that are outdated and barely capture the character. Sonic had full voice lines in Brawl, but since they didn't want to bring in Roger he only has clips from the Sonic games strung together, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff are still dragging along old clips from 64, and Mewtwo and the FF7 cast have no dubbed lines period. It also doesn't help that some of these characters talk to each other, but since some were added later you get cases like Chrom talking to Lucina, but the latter doesn't talk back. Speaking of Lucina, some characters would appreciate another take in general as with her due to the voice direction she can come off as a different person from her mainline counterpart (ex. she's much more respectful than her victory lines implies). It makes things feel inconsistent and hurts the overall quality of how the characters are presented, and for a crossover game that puts major focus on its cast that's not a good way to handle all of these beloved characters.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I am pretty sure that will be the case but Smash Bros. is a bit weird when it comes to new lines, Such as Captain Falcon not having any new lines until the Min Min trailer.

100% agree about Bayonetta though.
My guess is that Falcon is not changing because Ryo Horikawa is actually the original Falcon voice. Prior to Smash 64 Falcon had no voice, so despite the fact that GX had a different voice, they kept the Smash original voice actor.

Usually I think they would change the voice actor if there is a change in the original franchise, such as Fox being voiced by Jim Walker in Brawl because he was Fox voice in Assault, and then Smash 4 and Ultimate have Mike West voicing Fox because he took the role back for Star fox Zero.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
They redid Mario and Luigi's voice for the SM64 DS microgame in WarioWare: Move it, so my guess is that the plumbers will get new voice clips by Kevin Afghani in the next Smash game.

People also seem to forget that Daisy was one of the few characters that were recast in SMB Wonder, with Giselle Fernandez replacing Deanna Mustard as her voice actor. I do hope she gets new voice clips in the next Smash game.

As for Princess Peach, people keep talking about her "new voice direction" but I honestly don't hear it. Her different forms get different voice directions, but that's because she's playing different characters in a theater play. The default Peach has the same voice she's always had, if a slight bit more mature/low.

And there's always hope that Bowser will get his normal voice.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I am going to do some preemptive precaution speculation, but how would some of you feel about this specific scenario?
The Sable Prince now playable instead of an Assist Trophy.

And not only that, but for whatever reasoning, alongside the Sable Prince, we get Prince Richard as an Echo Fighter of the Sable Prince.
View attachment 386901
Knowing that some people will no doubt go, "Look Zelda fans. Your series finally got a new character!", how would some of you, as a Zelda fan, be feeling about this? Now obviously, since this is along the reveal of the game, there are more characters yet to be revealed after those 2 alongside whatever characters are also shown with them, but this is just preemptive speculation on what would your thoughts be on the people who try to do the "funny series crossover joke" regarding Prince Richard and him being in Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening if this kind of scenario were to happen.
tenor.gif

Love me some retro characters

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
You know something I'm curious about is who's the big first party character the next Smash will initially show off with. The various initial reveal trailers have often opened with some major/semi-notable Nintendo character (or even franchise) not yet in the series. Meta Knight, & Wario for Brawl, Villager for 4, Inklings for Ultimate, it's something the series has typically gone for. At this juncture I wonder if that pattern continues (ie not starting with a third party fighter) who they might go for.

Many of the remaining notable character gaps (ie types like BWD, Dixie, Impa, Toad) tend to be supporting characters which would excite the hardcore fanbase but potentially not be as significant to the general audience. Another Pokémon would be big, albeit fairly expected given the likely recent gen selection. Xenoblade or Fire Emblem sequel characters would be notable though again they're not what immediately comes to mind as the opening showcase fighters. Ring Fit Trainer would fit the status as the new successful IP, albeit one Nintendo may or may not go back to. Waluigi's the semi-memetic crowd pleaser, though that's assuming Nintendo and/or Sakurai finally decide to go for him.

Of course, there could be some brand-new franchise or first party character in the next two years that becomes huge and gets the nod, but it's an interesting question given the varying status of Smash inclusions at this point.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
You know something I'm curious about is who's the big first party character the next Smash will initially show off with. The various initial reveal trailers have often opened with some major/semi-notable Nintendo character (or even franchise) not yet in the series. Meta Knight, & Wario for Brawl, Villager for 4, Inklings for Ultimate, it's something the series has typically gone for. At this juncture I wonder if that pattern continues (ie not starting with a third party fighter) who they might go for.

Many of the remaining notable character gaps (ie types like BWD, Dixie, Impa, Toad) tend to be supporting characters which would excite the hardcore fanbase but potentially not be as significant to the general audience. Another Pokémon would be big, albeit fairly expected given the likely recent gen selection. Xenoblade or Fire Emblem sequel characters would be notable though again they're not what immediately comes to mind as the opening showcase fighters. Ring Fit Trainer would fit the status as the new successful IP, albeit one Nintendo may or may not go back to. Waluigi's the semi-memetic crowd pleaser, though that's assuming Nintendo and/or Sakurai finally decide to go for him.

Of course, there could be some brand-new franchise or first party character in the next two years that becomes huge and gets the nod, but it's an interesting question given the varying status of Smash inclusions at this point.
I think they could announce both a first party and a third party at reveal, kind of like Smash 4 who had Villager + Mega Man (and also Wii fit trainer a bit later). Something like Waluigi or Bandana Dee + a Resident evil rep for example would create a lot of hype I think.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Here's a question that's rarely discussed in Smash speculation; what are your ideas for the next game's title? Will they go back to the synonym for fight they used with Melee and Brawl, be boring and just name it after the console like for 3DS/Wii U, do a generic buzzword that kinda fits the game like Ultimate/Special, just do the number 6, or something else?
Super Smash Bros Supreme

-Supreme is a Common word that's used in Japan apparently, which is important, as Sakurai said the reason Smash Ultimate is called Super Smash Bros Special in Japan is because Special is a common word used there

-I'm on the idea that this Next Smash can Surpass Ultimate, and the Word Supreme means to be the Best among all. in this Case, to be the Best Smash game than the ones before

-It turns the title into an Alliteration, (or in this case, a Consonance) with Super Smash Bros Supreme, with the Bros being the Break to make the Supreme pop out more

I looked into this for Common Japanese words for reference

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Actually, my biggest request in terms of voice actors for the next Smash is hopefully getting Hynden Walch back as Viridi for the Palutena's guidances.

The new actress did a great job but I just love Walch's performance as Viridi so much. It probably has to do with my affinity for Adventure Time lmao.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros Supreme

-Supreme is a Common word that's used in Japan apparently, which is important, as Sakurai said the reason Smash Ultimate is called Super Smash Bros Special in Japan is because Special is a common word used there

-I'm on the idea that this Next Smash can Surpass Ultimate, and the Word Supreme means to be the Best among all. in this Case, to be the Best Smash game than the ones before

-It turns the title into an Alliteration, (or in this case, a Consonance) with Super Smash Bros Supreme, with the Bros being the Break to make the Supreme pop out more

Went from Ultimatrix to Definitive Omnitrix :4pacman:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Actually, my biggest request in terms of voice actors for the next Smash is hopefully getting Hynden Walch back as Viridi for the Palutena's guidances.

The new actress did a great job but I just love Walch's performance as Viridi so much. It probably has to do with my affinity for Adventure Time lmao.
the new viridi voice was the downgrade of the century, I really don't like it

Stratos

Smash Ace
I used to say that I wanted a Super Smash Bros. game that was a Tactical role-playing game and was like Project X Zone. But now I'm not sure I'd like something like that, I mean I like it as a thought and I think I'd like it if it came out, but I'm still hoping for a good story mode in Super Smash Bros. 6.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros Supreme

So if they want to make it the best, will the roster be all from Ultimate including DLC? Like have 100 fighters at launch?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The hilarious part about Diddy and DK is they used animalistic sounds originally. Bowser at least makes sense otherwise as he was designed as a very feral character. But now he's changed it up to being a bit more "human-like", so the voice being less feral would make sense. It does work well for Giga Bowser, though.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
You know the traditional thing in Japanese crossover games is too do what Subspace Emmisary did and have a group of villains from different series doing their thing then reveal that an OC villain was pulling the strings the whole time.
Kingdom Hearts
Xenoverse
Dissida
Marvel vs Capcom
Playstation All-Stars
Soul Caliber.

Huh, how about that?

The story doesnt have to be great or anything
Then why bother, why waste resource just for something to be medicore?

Something as basic as "Heroes come together, they talk to each other and compare each others settings and worlds they fight bad guys and win" is good enough to entertain people.
Then your imagination, CPUs and Versus mode would be enough, no?

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
How does Soulcalibur apply? It's not a crossover game.
Also the first Kingdom hearts game does this very thing. Where most of the plot has Sora fighting all the Disney villains who made their own legion of doom only Ansem to be standing just slightly to the left the whole time.

Kingdom Hearts
Xenoverse
Dissida
Marvel vs Capcom
Playstation All-Stars
Soul Caliber.

Huh, how about that?

Then why bother, why waste resource just for something to be medicore?

Then your imagination, CPUs and Versus mode would be enough, no?
Gotta be honest man the only crossover games i can think that go deeper than that are Kingdom hearts and SRW

Most developers are just happy seeing their characters in the same room it's rare for them to go higher than that.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
do you guys think a character thats as big as iron giant in multiversus would work in official smash game?
It would be difficult to make work but I think something like that would be awesome if they could figure it out. If they managed to find a way to balance the character, I think Noah and Mio’s Ouroboros form from Xenoblade 3 would be a really fun option. I’d also love to see Bowser, K. Rool, and Ridley sized up if huge characters were on the table.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
do you guys think a character thats as big as iron giant in multiversus would work in official smash game?
We spent fifteen years arguing over if this could happen with Ridley. What do you think? :ridleyhat:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Then you’ve answered your question. :cheersleo: Probably not.
I agree that it’s unlikely but it’s possible they’ve figured out how to make a huge character work in Smash between Ultimate and now. I’m not really expecting anything but I never say never.

Top Bottom