• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Mario and Sonic in a game during THAT time?

Can you imagine people's reaction to that?
It wouldve been unironically epic, in an era where theres NO social media to leak **** or spoil people, pretty much everyone would unlock and find out about Sonic in Smash 64 naturally. Hell it ALMOST couldve actually happpened had Sega contacted Sakurai earlier for Melee. goddamn that wouldve been nuts for me to see as a kid who was super into Sonic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Depends on when the game existed.
Since Shadow's from 2001.
Though so is the BFD incarnation of Conker.
Derp, I forgot Adventure 2 released way later. Yeah, Conker wouldn’t work either that well.

Metal Sonic could, at least. But who could replace Conker by using another as a base(akin to a Ness situation, so not really a clone of any sort).

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Derp, I forgot Adventure 2 released way later. Yeah, Conker wouldn’t work either that well.

Metal Sonic could, at least. But who could replace Conker by using another as a base(akin to a Ness situation, so not really a clone of any sort).
I mean to be fair, Conker could still work.
He'd just....be based on Pocket Tales and the original concept of the N64 game before it was revamped into BFD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean to be fair, Conker could still work.
He'd just....be based on Pocket Tales and the original concept of the N64 game before it was revamped into BFD.
Eh, that'd be much less interesting. But fair.

Still, what are your thoughts on another Model Swap Fighter(that isn't a clone) that could even work as an option at this point? XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know what isn't necessary, but would be really cool? Another Flat Zone track. Both of the tracks are original but I'd love for more. Plus it would help with the musical variety for Flat Zone X.
Every Flat Zone track is a banger. It’s the same thing as YouTubers who make remixes out of sound effects.

The composer takes random bleeps and bloops and makes fire

1710732574627.gif

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Not necessarily, I think I came off as being way more harsh about it than it meant to be (Poe's law and all that) but every time I see a Wario moveset online 9 times out of 10 it is just adding a bunch of Wario Land references in place of any sort of design.
I think that's fair, mirroring what Golden said, even though I'm a bigger Land than Ware fan, I actually really enjoy current Smash Wario and really don't like when the temp transformations get shoehorned into being all his moves. The shoulder bash was the big glaring oddity (Brawl)/omission (Smash 4) and I'm okay with its implementation as dash attack now. I guess for me, I just think it'd be nice if he had a few more nods like chucking opponents across the screen as a forward throw or even something as simple as an uppercut for his up throw to reference his more "brash tough guy(?)" side of things, I guess. {Plus, the latter doubles as a Mario 64 DS mini game reference.} I enjoy how goofy Wario is, after all that's a part of who he is, but I do think his move set could stand to be a little more balanced on his overall characterization. I don't want a complete overhaul, just a couple little things.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Fun question does toon link even count as a newcomer?
I mean hes literally just a new version of young link? And up to ultimate it seemed they were content with just never having yung again!

What do you guys think it'll take to finally get a Zelda newcomer?
Well we shouldve gotten Like Link, Toon link, zelda, ganon(dorf) and 4 others!

But in this age of nintendo characters being "Wasted Slots" Only pokemon, mario and for some reason fire emblem get any character love!

Stratos

Smash Ace
The games I'm considering for the next Nintendo console are the following:

New Super Mario games (a 3D Super Mario game and a 2D Super Mario Bros. game)

Luigi's Mansion 4

New Yoshi game

New Donkey Kong Country

New The Legend of Zelda game

Pokémon 10th Gen

New Metroid games (Metroid Prime 4 and a 2D Metroid game)

Xenoblade Chronicles 4

Pikmin 5

New Kirby game

Splatoon 4

Super Smash Bros. 6
I forgot to add something about the Mario games and that is that I also want a new Paper Mario game.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Every Flat Zone track is a banger. It’s the same thing as YouTubers who make remixes out of sound effects.

The composer takes random bleeps and bloops and makes fire

View attachment 386628
While I do love the retro music tracks made entirely of sound effects, I really wish the G&W stages could take music from the Game & Watch Gallery games.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
You know what isn't necessary, but would be really cool? Another Flat Zone track. Both of the tracks are original but I'd love for more. Plus it would help with the musical variety for Flat Zone X.
I'd like a new Flat zone stage too, not that the one that we have is bad, but I feel like there's a lot of untouched potential with the concept. You could have a new version with games like Parachute, Turtle bridge, Greenhouse and Octopus for example.

But yeah on the topic of music, the way Ultimate handles music, while overall I'd say it's positive, but it also leads to a few problems. Flat zone have not enough music, some of the Others music fits on none of the Others stages, and I think the worst part is the fact that they decided to put Mario and Mario kart as two separate franchise so the Rainbow road medley can't even be on the Mario galaxy stage.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and I think the worst part is the fact that they decided to put Mario and Mario kart as two separate franchise so the Rainbow road medley can't even be on the Mario galaxy stage.
It's always been like that, it's just easier to notice when despite the game having the premise of being able to play any Mario/Zelda/Pokemon etc. song on any of their stages, Mario Kart stages are restricted to MK songs.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
But yeah on the topic of music, the way Ultimate handles music, while overall I'd say it's positive, but it also leads to a few problems. Flat zone have not enough music, some of the Others music fits on none of the Others stages, and I think the worst part is the fact that they decided to put Mario and Mario kart as two separate franchise so the Rainbow road medley can't even be on the Mario galaxy stage.
I really don't like how they made it so that any song can play on BF or FD. 75% of the songs in this game don't fit FD and make the setting feel like a complete joke, I wish they kept just Smash-original music playing on those stages. Whenever I watch a VoD of a competitive match and hear Animal Crossing music playing on those stages I'm mentally like "ugggghhhhhhhhh......"

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I really don't like how they made it so that any song can play on BF or FD. 75% of the songs in this game don't fit FD and make the setting feel like a complete joke, I wish they kept just Smash-original music playing on those stages. Whenever I watch a VoD of a competitive match and hear Animal Crossing music playing on those stages I'm mentally like "ugggghhhhhhhhh......"
They really should just make another super basic layout as an actual selectable training stage (or something also generic but not "grandiose" like BF/FD I guess?) and give that one the "any/all" music role.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
You can literally toggle it so it just uses what you have set for My Music on those particular stages rather than all stages.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You can literally toggle it so it just uses what you have set for My Music on those particular stages rather than all stages.
But the TOs don't which is what Gorgonzales was getting at. I can't imagine they'd ever actually bother to do that though so I don't think there's much that can be done for tournaments. :drshrug:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I guess I'm alone in wishing that you could freely play any song on any stage? Aw...
While I don't think that will happen, I'd at least like an option to have 1 or a couple of tracks be freely chosen from a stage unto another stage. Just because there are some songs from a stage that would certainly fit better on another stage than on the stage it's on, like Mad Monster Mansion from Banjo-Kazooie on Luigi's Mansion or to allow some stages to have a bit more music in general, like the Boxing Ring, which could certainly benefit from a couple Street Fighter or King of Fighters songs being an option.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
The music customization options in Ultimate took some good steps forward but also a step back, imo. Allowing songs from a franchise to be played on all of that franchises stages is solid, and of course being able to play EVERY song on BF and FD is very, very cool. However, removing the ability to play miscellaneous category songs on main franchise stages has taken away the cool theming and even references that some misc. songs had when paired with certain stages. Stuff like:

"Tunnel Scene - X" on Lylat Cruise (some of the X devs would go on to make StarFox, also just cool space themeing)
"The valedictory elegy" on Gaur Plain (Monolith Soft connection)
"Tomorrow's Passion" on Boxing Ring (which I'm almost certain is one of the only reasons the song was included in the first place)

And so on. Kinda lame, honestly.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
The music customization options in Ultimate took some good steps forward but also a step back, imo. Allowing songs from a franchise to be played on all of that franchises stages is solid, and of course being able to play EVERY song on BF and FD is very, very cool. However, removing the ability to play miscellaneous category songs on main franchise stages has taken away the cool theming and even references that some misc. songs had when paired with certain stages. Stuff like:

"Tunnel Scene - X" on Lylat Cruise (some of the X devs would go on to make StarFox, also just cool space themeing)
"The valedictory elegy" on Gaur Plain (Monolith Soft connection)
"Tomorrow's Passion" on Boxing Ring (which I'm almost certain is one of the only reasons the song was included in the first place)

And so on. Kinda lame, honestly.
Agreed.

It also led to my biggest pet peeve in Ultimate – the fact that the Super Mario World tracks cannot be played on Yoshi's Island (Melee) because they're from the Mario universe whereas the stage is from the Yoshi universe.

Top Bottom