• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ivander

Smash Legend
Holy crap on a cracker, Galeem left NO stone unturned, didn't he?!🤣

You know, people always talk about Smash Bros. lore, but we never discuss exactly how far Galeem's "Thanos-ing" of the gaming multiverse spread!🥴
Just wait until one of those new Spirits is Jonesy, which would imply Galeem "Thanos'd" the entire Fortnite-verse and every verse connected to Fortnite, which would unironically include Thanos himself.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just wait until one of those new Spirits is Jonesy, which would imply Galeem "Thanos'd" the entire Fortnite-verse and every verse connected to Fortnite, which would unironically include Thanos himself.
I still have that one 'interconnected web of IPs' that someone here on SmashBoards made regarding Galeem's attack and how far it could have conceivably spread throughout the multiverse.

If someone could please tell me WHO exactly made this, I'd appreciate that, as I'd like to properly credit them for this.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I did not say forget now, did I?
...what other interpretation is there for the phrase "if AI becomes not available, and no real talent exists anymore after a while because of overuse and over-dependence of AI, what is humanity going to do then?" Does the talent no longer exist because gremlins stole it?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There is now a future where Zagreus is a tiny bit likelier to be playable in the next Smash and that makes me happy

He will be an Assist Trophy and Sakurai will laugh at my tears, just like Bomberman

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hades is dope but what gets me excited is that eBaseball is there. Weird I know, but I was kind of worried Konami might back out of next Smash and we’d lose Snake and the Belmonts but it looks like, if nothing else, they are likely going to be still involved.

Honestly though; new spirits, Switch 2 possibly on the horizon, new 3rd party Spirits? They’re preparing for something. I think that’s obvious.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...what other interpretation is there for the phrase "if AI becomes not available, and no real talent exists anymore after a while because of overuse and over-dependence of AI, what is humanity going to do then?" Does the talent no longer exist because gremlins stole it?
Well, it can happen. You just seem to be denying it. Having those things as a passion can only do so much. Perhaps I do mean in the job department, but I am sure that free time and passion are not going to keep these things alive.

Either way, you seem to be stretching my words a little, and you surely are not understanding them well. Besides, what is the point of having those thing as a passion if you can't use them in a job to exercise your passion? The horse example you gave is still pretty much a bad one.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I still have that one 'interconnected web of IPs' that someone here on SmashBoards made regarding Galeem's attack and how far it could have conceivably spread throughout the multiverse.
galeem got to the grinch
lmao

oh what i'd give to have a full version of WoL's intro showing every character on Ultimate's roster reacting to the apocalypse. that intro was something special, man

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hades is dope but what gets me excited is that eBaseball is there. Weird I know, but I was kind of worried Konami might back out of next Smash and we’d lose Snake and the Belmonts but it looks like, if nothing else, they are likely going to be still involved.

Honestly though; new spirits, Switch 2 possibly on the horizon, new 3rd party Spirits? They’re preparing for something. I think that’s obvious.
Oh, thank GOODNESS. I was wondering if I was the only one whose eyes were more drawn to Konami's eBaseball (of all things) showing up as Spirits. Hey, maybe Pop'n Music can get a Mimi and Nyami duo Spirit after all!

Side note, but I can say for sure that my brother is definitely going to feel... SOMETHING over Hades getting Smash Bros. representation. Probably a combo of slight hype and slight disappointed irritation that it's been relegated to mere Spirit content.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
This is a really surprising Spirit Event. I thought these new events would focus instead on newer Nintendo games only, so eBaseball, Hades and 13 Sentinels getting Spirits is surprising, but very, very cool. 13 Sentinels in particular is a game I know Sakurai really likes, so it's nice to see it and Vanillaware get some representation in Smash.

On another note, I think we'll be getting these Spirit Events every two weeks. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm expecting a tournament next week.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Holy crap on a cracker, Galeem left NO stone unturned, didn't he?!🤣

You know, people always talk about Smash Bros. lore, but we never discuss exactly how far Galeem's "Thanos-ing" of the gaming multiverse spread!🥴
I only know eBaseball from MLB Power Pros. Thus Galeem has the power to destroy IRL sporting leagues.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Spirit fighters predictions for the 3
WBSC eBASEBALL Players: White Ness, Blue and Pink Diddy Kong
13 Sentinels: 13 Giant ROBs or Mega Mans
Zagreus: Red Dark Pit

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Check this out, everyone! New spirit event is coming!
Well then.

I never thought i'd see the day that Power pro and 13 sentinels would get into Smash bros.

I mean, Street fighter is part of the fortnite verse. So he likely already got 'em lol

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace

any idea why the spirit events are happening so fast ?
i mean there is hardly much time between them right now.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
For the record, I think the Cap Throw should only be used as a mobility tool (and mayyybe projectile) to compliment Mario's kit and make him a more expressive character when it comes to movement.
I need this in Smash:

In respect to Daisy changes, I always thought Toad could be replaced with an enemy type.
It should be Toadsworth.

Or, less cruelly, just use her parasol.

I have this dumb idea since whatever, but i really think the game will be localized in Japan as "Mario Tactics"
You mean...Mario+Rabbids?

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The Spirit event is cool, especially seeing Hades get a nod, but what does this meeeean? Is the ghost of the SSBU development team just having some fun? Was this always planned as a way to celebrate the fifth anniversary? Or are they actually ramping up to something? Maybe not FP3 but something.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Spirit event is cool, especially seeing Hades get a nod, but what does this meeeean? Is the ghost of the SSBU development team just having some fun? Was this always planned as a way to celebrate the fifth anniversary? Or are they actually ramping up to something? Maybe not FP3 but something.
It means they got a team together for the next Smash game on the new console. And while they’re at it they got a few people to whip up some Spirit Events just for fun :nifty:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Im kinda stuck on Power Pro being in.

Never been an actual fan of the games or anything but its neat, the series always felt extremely niche in the west.
I thought I saw somewhere it was pretty popular in Japan. Could be remembering wrong, though.

Also, didn't they say we were only getting four new Spirit Ecents? Because if so, we're already halfway through that.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, it can happen. You just seem to be denying it.
I mean, yeah. You mention things that people forgot how to do, but most of that is because...they were from before people documented everything in existence. Academics and enthusiasts aren't going to let that happen to...art.

FFS, people still recreate ancient Greek pottery.

Besides, what is the point of having those thing as a passion if you can't use them in a job to exercise your passion?
That's a completely different argument.

Arguing that AI is going to cause artists to lose their jobs is completely valid.

Arguing that AI is going to make humanity lose the ability to do art is nonsense. And is the argument I take issue with.

There's enough valid reasons to be against AI without having to make up nonsense ones.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've been expecting Power Pros. content for a long time, surprised it took this long. It's a long running series, and it was the biggest Konami series without representation. We have Metal Gear, Castlevania, Bomberman, and Goemon. Power Pro was the next most obvious.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
lmao

oh what I'd give to have a full version of WoL's intro showing every character on Ultimate's roster reacting to the apocalypse. that intro was something special, man
You and me both! With how WoL's opening cinematic depicted BOTH 'default' Inklings as helping out in the war against Galeem, I'd like to imagine that the Smashers generally agreed that they needed ALL hands-on-deck for this situation, resulting in folks like Alph, Leaf, the Koopalings, Pikachu Libre, Spiky-eared Pichu, the 'default' Villagers, WFTs, Robins, and Corrins all being summoned to help deal with Galeem and his army of Master Hand clones.

All of this being said, I'm sure the Smash dev team also probably didn't have the budget to depict various 'verses reacting to Galeem's light vaporizing them, but I'd also give anything to see citizens of places like Diamond City, Rhythm Heaven, Dream Land, Inkopolis, Onett, etc. reacting to such a thing.

Im kinda stuck on Power Pro being in.

Never been an actual fan of the games or anything but its neat, the series always felt extremely niche in the west.
Honestly, I feel the exact same way in terms of Power Pros. Honestly, I've sort of been of the mind that this might open the door for other niche Konami IPs like Pop'n Music, Tokimeki Memorial, Twinbee, etc. to get Spirits as well. Same goes for other companies with niche IPs, like SEGA, Capcom, Namco, and SNK.

If anything, I'm not too well-versed in 13 Sentinels, but I don't mind it being there. More the merrier, I always say.

Also, for the most part... I'm only hung up on Hades because my brother owns the game and he's such a huge fan of it. As I thought, he was taken for a bit of a loop when I told him that it would be getting Smash Bros. representation this week.

Last edited:

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Sentinels, Gods, and Baseball

The Spirit Event is up on the Smash Bros website. I've checked the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter account and they have some more information on the Spirits. The 13 Sentinels Pilots and the eBaseball players are ACE Spirits. The Twitter Account hasn't posted the information for the Zagreus Spirit, but I think he might be a LEGEND Spirit.
Edit: Zagreus is an ACE Spirit, too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hades getting in is shocked me to my core.

But... Help an ignorant soul.

What the heck is 13 Sentinels?
It's a game by Vanillaware, who's responsible for titles like Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. It's a mixture of an adventure game where 13 high school students investigate a time travel mystery amid an alien invasion while also fighting against them in mechas during real-time strategy segments.

It's notable that while the sales started low, big video game directors like Yoko Taro and Sakurai praising the game and overall gaining a positive reputation for its story helped it exceed the sales expectations.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hades getting in is shocked me to my core.

But... Help an ignorant soul.

What the heck is 13 Sentinels?
13 Sentinals: Aegis Rim is a game made by Vanillaware, the makers of Dragon's Crown, Odin's Sphere, Muramasa The Demon Blade and it's upcoming game, Unicorn Overlord. But basically, IIRC, it is a RTS/Side-scrolling Visual Novel-like game that focuses around a bunch of characters from different times fighting Kaiju-like monsters with mecha. During these battles, you are supposed to unlock "Event scenes" and Info on the characters that you need to piece together to find out the whole story.

Now, from a normal point of view, this might sound like a random game to mix up with Power Pro and Hades, but this is a game that got attention when it received critical praise from both Yoko Taro and Sakurai himself. From an article translating a Famitsu Column written by Sakurai and in an interview with Yoko Taro:
Masahiro Sakurai ended the column by stating playing 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim showed him the infinite possibilities of games, and how it's an one-of-a-kind, impossible to imitate game. Sakurai said there are no other games like 13 Sentinels, and probably never will, so you should definitely play it as soon as possible.
Can you tell us about any expectations for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Yoko Taro: “I truly believe that games made by Vanillaware are treasure of the gaming industry, and I hope they forever continue releasing games. I know it’s early, but I already want to see a sequel! Yes, I want to ask them to make a sequel before it even comes out! I know there are some folks from Atlus over there, so yeah, I would certainly like to ask for a sequel. I’m expecting a sequel! I’m expecting a sequel!!!”

Can you share a message to the fans that are looking forward to the release of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Yoko Taro: “I think you must buy this game! The reason for that is—in order to keep the existence of this Japanese national treasure of a company known as Vanillaware, they must sell as many copies possible. I don’t care whether games of other companies sell, and I really wouldn’t care at all if Atlus were to go under! However, Vanillaware games are the one thing we can’t lose in Japan, so let’s all buy 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim!”
Now, 13 Sentinels did get a Switch port in 2022 and it was received very well, so that probably made it easier to get 13 Sentinels for a Spirit Event for promotions sake, but considering how much Sakurai praised the game, I wouldn't be surprised if 13 Sentinels getting a Spirit Event was something Sakurai personally asked for.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The only reason i even kinda know what 13 sentinels is is because it's name showed up in an SRW fan poll asking about what series they think would be cool to see crossover in the future.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
Bruh WTF, a 3 star spirit against 13 characters?
I've managed to beat every rematch without using a spirit team but this might be where I finally give up D':

Top Bottom