• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I know this is a pretty tired discussion, but heck with it. If they were to do a Smash Ultimate Deluxe and they had 11 newcomers to reach 100 fighters, who would you guys pick? Keep in mind, I’m counting Fighters #1-#82 plus the seven Echo Fighters, totalling up to about 89 fighters. As for my 11 newcomers:
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #85. Bandana Waddle Dee
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
If I could choose simply based on my own pure bias and not factoring in likeliness or how much they may or may not deserve to get in, I think I’d go with something like this:

1) Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2) Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
3) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
4) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
5) Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
6) Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
7) Zero (Mega Man X)
8) Alphen and Shionne (Tales of Arise)
9) Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
10) Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
11) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

It’s actually really hard for me to narrow down to just 11 characters. I had to leave out a lot of favorites but this is what I’m thinking right now. I’d also love to see others like Gengar, Xemnas, Jinx, Nightmare, Impa, Medusa, Jena Anderson, Etna, Raziel, Death, a Goomba, Bugzzy, Dixie Kong, Nia, Raven Beak, the Black Knight and a ton of others

Last edited:

Amornal1

Smash Apprentice
I know this is a pretty tired discussion, but heck with it. If they were to do a Smash Ultimate Deluxe and they had 11 newcomers to reach 100 fighters, who would you guys pick? Keep in mind, I’m counting Fighters #1-#82 plus the seven Echo Fighters, totalling up to about 89 fighters. As for my 11 newcomers:
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
In my case are:
83. Captan Toad.
84. Officer Howard.
85. Noah.
86. Gen 10 Pokémon.
87. Bandana Dee.
88. Impa.
89. Layton.
90. Rayman.
2ε. Funky Kong.
40ε. Alph.
64ε. Octoling.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
1. Tails (Sonic echo, with some changes like Ken or Chrom - a different up special and some different basic attacks)
2. Octoling (Inkling echo)
3. Jeanne (Bayonetta echo - her Bayo 2 design would be ideal, with her Bayo 1 design as an alt, because her Bayo 3 design is a bit of a mess in my eyes)
4. Geno
5. Dante
6. Doomguy
7. Impa (ideally the Age of Calamity version)
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. 2B
10. Bandanna Waddle Dee (torn between him and Dixie Kong, but Kirby hasn't gotten a new character since Brawl)
11. Kunio-Kun (torn between him and Sol Badguy, but I find it weird that we don't have a beat-em-up character in Smash yet; Riki could be an alternate costume)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m curious if I’m the only one here that would rather see Impa’s Hyrule Warriors incarnation in Smash rather than her Age of Calamity version. Most comments I see tend to prefer her AoC version. I’m not sure if that’s mostly because she was most recent or if people generally prefer her in AoC compared to the original HW beyond just being more recent. I think I just have a different taste in the types of characters I prefer compared to the majority of Smash fans, which is fine.

Last edited:

BirkBoy

Smash Rookie
I’m curious if I’m the only one here that would rather see Impa’s Hyrule Warriors incarnation in Smash rather than her Age of Calamity version. Most comments I see tend to prefer her AoC version. I’m not sure if that’s mostly because she was most recent or if people generally prefer her in AoC compared to the original HW beyond just being more recent. I think I just have a different taste in the types of characters I prefer compared to the majority of Smash fans, which is fine.
Personally I think I’d prefer the AoC version, but that could just be because I’ve played and enjoyed that game while I have never played the orginalen Hyrule Warriors. Think both designs are cool though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind HW Impa, since that version was based on the Skyward Sword version which I thought was a cool design. With AoC Impa, while I do think recency bias plays a deal, especially with Breath of the Wild being a huge deal, I believe there are some who like her design and/or moveset from AoC and there are others who like her having a goofy and ditzy side to her character. Maybe there are other reasons why they want her, like maybe the possibility of her bringing in Purah and Robbie for her Final Smash, taunts, etc, or maybe the possibility of her having Paya, who is a decently popular character on her own, as an alternate character costume.

Recency bias may play a deal when it comes to her and her game being recently released, much like some other characters like Noah/Mio, Alear, Raven Beak, Pokemon in general, etc, recency bias doesn't take away the fact that they have fans who legitimately want them for their design, moveset, character, for being cool to them, etc, just like you and HW Impa.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind HW Impa, since that version was based on the Skyward Sword version which I thought was a cool design. With AoC Impa, while I do think recency bias plays a deal, especially with Breath of the Wild being a huge deal, I believe there are some who like her design and/or moveset from AoC and there are others who like her having a goofy and ditzy side to her character. Maybe there are other reasons why they want her, like maybe the possibility of her bringing in Purah and Robbie for her Final Smash, taunts, etc, or maybe the possibility of her having Paya, who is a decently popular character on her own, as an alternate character costume.

Recency bias may play a deal when it comes to her and her game being recently released, much like some other characters like Noah/Mio, Alear, Raven Beak, Pokemon in general, etc, recency bias doesn't take away the fact that they have fans who legitimately want them for their design, moveset, character, for being cool to them, etc, just like you and HW Impa.
Yeah, I wasn’t trying to suggest that there’s anything wrong with preferring her AoC character. She does have a fun moveset as well and is generally likeable. I’m sure there are tons of people that legitimately prefer her AoC character to HW and I agree she’s probably the most likely version if she got into Smash. I just barely ever see anyone other than myself state a preference for her HW incarnation. It’s all just a matter of opinion and there’s no right or wrong answer. I just generally prefer characters more similar to her HW design. Sorry if I gave off the impression that I thought people only like her because she’s newer. That’s not how I feel at all. What I meant to say is that I’m curious if the lack of interest in her HW incarnation is that she’s older and less relevant these days.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah, I wasn’t trying to suggest that there’s anything wrong with preferring her AoC character. She does have a fun moveset as well and is generally likeable. I’m sure there are tons of people that legitimately prefer her AoC character to HW and I agree she’s probably the most likely version if she got into Smash. I just barely ever see anyone other than myself state a preference for her HW incarnation. It’s all just a matter of opinion and there’s no right or wrong answer. I just generally prefer characters more similar to her HW design. Sorry if I gave off the impression that I thought people only like her because she’s newer. That’s not how I feel at all. What I meant to say is that I’m curious if the lack of interest in her HW incarnation is that she’s older and less relevant these days.
Wow what a coincedence i made a thread based of of this concepot but how cool would a Koei Tecmo Zelda Arena Fighter be?
Especially cause that would make a bigger roster easier!
Here is a roster i came up with:
1684338592649.png

And yes the lack of TOTK is Semi Intentional as i 1. dont seriously wanna spoil anyone (Other than the amiibo costume which doesnt seem tzo bother anyone anyways) so please if you quote me dont metion TOTK Please other than that you can talk about other Zelda GAmes
How do you find the roster?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
What I would want
  • #83. Demon King Ganondorf
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #85. Meowscarada
  • #86/87 Noah/Mio
  • #88. Officer Howard
  • #90. Crash Bandicoot
  • #91. Dante
  • e Shadow the Hedgehog
  • e Dixie Kong
  • e Octoling
-------------------------

Ill also probably post a prediction roster later today for what I would personally guess with explanations.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
  • 83: Bandana Dee
  • 84: Dr. Eggman
  • 85: Waluigi
  • 86: Raven Beak
  • 87: Gen 9 Pokémon
  • 88: Excitebiker (Retro rep)
  • 89: New Zelda rep
  • 90: Crash Bandicoot
  • 39e: King D-Mind
  • 54e: Medusa
  • 14e: Midbus

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
My choices are these.
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Dixie Kong
  • #85. Dr. Eggman
  • #86. Rayman
  • #87. Crash Bandicoot
  • #88. Spyro
  • #89. Bomberman
  • #90. Captain Syrup
  • #91. Wart
  • #93. Bandana Waddle Dee
  • #11ε. Black Shadow

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
#83: Toad
#84: Dixie Kong
#85: Bandana Dee
#86: Tom Nook
#87: Magolor
#88: Lip
#89: King Boo
#90: Tails
#91: Bomberman
#83e: Toadette
#67e: Lord Fredrik

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
  • #83. Waluigi
  • #84. Raven Beak
  • #86. Noah
  • #87. Mio
  • #88. Ring Fit Trainee
  • #89. Dr. Eggman
  • #90. 2B
  • #36ε. Dixie Kong
  • #40ε. Alph
  • #64ε. Octoling
The list should include characters only from video games, or it can have Fourth-Party ones?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Why do we still use the term, fourth-party despite it not being real as I have seen others say?
I think it’s just because it’s a lot shorter to say than “a character that originated from something other than video games”. Fourth party isn’t technically correct but it’s an easy way to express the idea and most people know what you’re talking about.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If they go through with a deluxe what are some things people would like to see aside from Roster additions?

I'd like a better online and Steve to be better balanced lol
  • Smash Run
  • Mode Editor (where you can create Classsic Mode routes and Target Tests)
  • DLC characters and DX edition newcomers integrated into Classic Mode and Spirits as they are (even if you ya e to change a few characters’ routes and Spirit Battles)
  • 1 special costumes for each character
  • Giving a Spirit Battle to the Spirits who don’t have any Spirit Battles
  • All-Star Smash replaced by an All-Star Mode where you fight characters by game
  • Boss Battles
  • Most of the missing stages from previous games

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I know this is a pretty tired discussion, but heck with it. If they were to do a Smash Ultimate Deluxe and they had 11 newcomers to reach 100 fighters, who would you guys pick? Keep in mind, I’m counting Fighters #1-#82 plus the seven Echo Fighters, totalling up to about 89 fighters.
I deny your numbering system. Echo fighters don't count, that's why they don't have their own numbers.

To get us to the REAL Fighter #100:

83. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
84. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
85. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
86. Kunio/Riki [River City]
87. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
88. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
89. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
90. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
91. Nightmare [Soulcalibur]
92. Kazuma Kiryu [Yakuza]
93. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
94. Dante [Devil May Cry]
95. Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
96. Zero [Mega Man X]
97. Alucard [Castlevania]
98. Raiden [Metal Gear]
99. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
100. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]

If they go through with a deluxe what are some things people would like to see aside from Roster additions?
Character Changes
-Give Ganondorf a completely unique moveset based on Hyrule Warriors Trident Ganondorf.
-Make Black Shadow the Echo of Captain Falcon and give him Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Give Chrom a new unique moveset. Make Lucina his Echo. Make Roy Marth's Echo.
-Give Falco the Sniper Rifle and Wolf the Machine Gun from StarFox Assault.
-Replace Mario's FLUDD with Cappy.
-Give Young Link and Toon Link different subweapons so they aren't just using the same Bow/Bomb/Boomerang combo as Adult Link.
-Make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon a separate Fighter, give every Pokemon except Mewtwo a trainer.
-Expand the definition of Echo to include Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Gameplay Features
-Rollback netcode.
-Make Hazardless versions of stages selectable from stage select the same way Omega and Battlefield versions are.
-Remember my last color selection for each character. Smash 3DS did this. No idea why Wii U and Ultimate don't.
-Actually balance FS Meter FSes so that people will actually use them in competitive play.
-Kirby style Boss Rush mode.
-Bring back the Smash Run map as a Battle Royal. (64 players teleport in. Players run around killing creeps and collecting upgrades. Map shrinks over time. Last 4 surviving players have a Smash match.)
-Bring back any missing Stages and Assist Trophies that didn't already return.

Last edited:

BirkBoy

Smash Rookie
  • Smash Run
  • Mode Editor (where you can create Classsic Mode routes and Target Tests)
  • DLC characters and DX edition newcomers integrated into Classic Mode and Spirits as they are (even if you ya e to change a few characters’ routes and Spirit Battles)
  • 1 special costumes for each character
  • Giving a Spirit Battle to the Spirits who don’t have any Spirit Battles
I just want target test back to be honest, but a return of board the platforms would be cool too.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Since we are talking and writing about "fourth-party" characters I have a question, the R.O.B. it's from Nintendo as it is known, but it's also known it's NOT from a video game, it's just a robot figure that served as a toy robot accessory for the two old Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) games Gyromite and Stack-Up. But he earned a spot in the Super Smash Bros. series as a playable character starting with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, although that's because as I wrote it's from Nintendo. But somehow it can't be considered a "fourth-party" character since he doesn't come from a video game? Although this question I'm writing I know is NOT a "question".

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Since the R.O.B. it's not from a video game but it's nintendo, shouldn't the others that are not from video games but related to nintendo come as newcomers too? Who am I referring to some will ask and here are the characters I am referring to:

Daitoyou (Nintendo Hanafuda cards) him though I would like him on the other hand because he represents Napoleon who was a real human I pass.
Tengu (Nintendo Hanafuda Cards)
Mini Kangaroo (Nintendo Mini Game Series)
Nester (Nintendo Power Magazine)
Kevin Keene (Captain N: The Game Master)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Since the R.O.B. it's not from a video game but it's nintendo, shouldn't the others that are not from video games but related to nintendo come as newcomers too? Who am I referring to some will ask and here are the characters I am referring to:

Daitoyou (Nintendo Hanafuda cards) him though I would like him on the other hand because he represents Napoleon who was a real man I pass.
Tengu (Nintendo Hanafuda Cards)
Mini Kangaroo (Nintendo Mini Game Series)
Nester (Nintendo Power Magazine)
Kevin Keene (Captain N: The Game Master)
Boy, if you ask me, Kevin Keene and Nester in the same Smash Bros. game would be awesome and insane in a good way!

Ivander

Smash Legend

• Some of the missing stages are back, like Planet Zebes, Rainbow Road 3DS and Pac-Maze, as well as some new stages in general.
  • Smash Run with most enemies back from 3DS and with new enemies too. Now also has a Options mode to allow for changing the time limit, which Final Round mode is chosen at the end of the run, etc. Also has new events where some Assist Trophies and some Bosses, including Metal Face and Yellow Devil, can appear and fight the player as a tough enemy.
  • More Space for Stage Creator, not to mention some more backgrounds. Foreground and Background objects that don't move take less space.
  • A Special 9th costume for each character, as well as DLC Costumes for when DLC characters come. A Color editor would be great too, but that one I'm not putting high hopes in compared to the former thing I want to see.
  • More Spirits.
  • More music tracks for each series.
  • New items, Assist Trophies and Pokemon.
  • World of Light adds some unique Platforming stages featuring enemies from Smash Run. These stages can be replayed after beating them.
  • A couple new Bosses and the return of Rayquaza, Porky and Tabuu with some changes. World of Light adds a couple new areas where new Spirits and these bosses can be fought, including a Post-Endgame/Post-Galeem+Dharkon dungeon map based on Subspace Emissary/The Great Maze.
  • Bosses can be fought from the Spirit Menu, as well as a proper Boss Run Mode.
  • Some Spirit Battles are changed. Some Spirits have their character changed to a newer one from Smash Ultimate's DLC line-up or a new launch character. Some get their previous music track changed to a newer one. If a Character Color Editor is put in, the Spirit's chosen character is given an edited character color similar to the Spirit's colors.
    Some now have you fight against enemies from Smash Run, like a few Spirits have you fight against a bunch of enemies before a character appears, some Spirits have the enemies appear alongside the character, similarly to Assist Trophies appearing automatically during some Spirit Battles, etc.
  • An Option for Smash Mode where Spirits attached to Characters only have whatever main power-ups they give and no Battle Power. This allows lower BP Spirits to fight equally with high BP Spirits, with no ATK & DEF Power increases against lower BP Spirits, no launch power increase against lower BP Spirits, etc. So this can allow you and all other characters in the match to use any Spirits you want to fight with and against.
  • Some Classic Modes are changed to accommodate for newer characters, bosses, music and stages. And Roy's Final Battle is against Ganon instead of Master/Crazy Hand.
  • On the Music selection/chance page for Stages, you can choose up to 5 songs from other series unrelated to the stage to have a chance of playing on that stage. Like say, choosing Mad Monster Mansion for the Luigi's Mansion stage and whatnot.
  • Obviously, better online+rollback and new balance changes for older characters.

Last edited:

BirkBoy

Smash Rookie
  • Some of the missing stages are back, like Planet Zebes, Rainbow Road 3DS and Pac-Maze, as well as some new stages in general.
  • Smash Run with most enemies back from 3DS and with new enemies too. Now also has a Options mode to allow for changing the time limit, which Final Round mode is chosen at the end of the run, etc. Also has new events where some Assist Trophies and some Bosses, including Metal Face and Yellow Devil, can appear and fight the player as a tough enemy.
  • More Space for Stage Creator, not to mention some more backgrounds. Foreground and Background objects that don't move take less space.
  • A Special 9th costume for each character, as well as DLC Costumes for when DLC characters come. A Color editor would be great too, but that one I'm not putting high hopes in compared to the former thing I want to see.
  • More Spirits.
  • More music tracks for each series.
  • New items, Assist Trophies and Pokemon.
  • World of Light adds some unique Platforming stages featuring enemies from Smash Run. These stages can be replayed after beating them.
  • A couple new Bosses and the return of Rayquaza, Porky and Tabuu with some changes. World of Light adds a couple new areas where new Spirits and these bosses can be fought, including a Post-Endgame/Post-Galeem+Dharkon dungeon map based on Subspace Emissary/The Great Maze.
  • Bosses can be fought from the Spirit Menu, as well as a proper Boss Run Mode.
  • Some Spirit Battles are changed. Some Spirits have their character changed to a newer one from Smash Ultimate's DLC line-up or a new launch character. Some get their previous music track changed to a newer one. If a Character Color Editor is put in, the Spirit's chosen character is given an edited character color similar to the Spirit's colors.
    Some now have you fight against enemies from Smash Run, like a few Spirits have you fight against a bunch of enemies before a character appears, some Spirits have the enemies appear alongside the character, similarly to Assist Trophies appearing automatically during some Spirit Battles, etc.
  • An Option for Smash Mode where Spirits attached to Characters only have whatever main power-ups they give and no Battle Power. This allows lower BP Spirits to fight equally with high BP Spirits, with no ATK & DEF Power increases against lower BP Spirits, no launch power increase against lower BP Spirits, etc. So this can allow you and all other characters in the match to use any Spirits you want to fight with and against.
  • Some Classic Modes are changed to accommodate for newer characters, bosses, music and stages. And Roy's Final Battle is against Ganon instead of Master/Crazy Hand.
  • On the Music selection/chance page for Stages, you can choose up to 5 songs from other series unrelated to the stage to have a chance of playing on that stage. Like say, choosing Mad Monster Mansion for the Luigi's Mansion stage and whatnot.
  • Obviously, better online+rollback and new balance changes for older characters.
Nintendo, hire this man.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

• I think out of the missing stages, getting a few back would be sweet. The main ones I would like are Meta Crystal, Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, and Pac Maze.
  • Every character gets an individualized Break the Targets stage, similar to Melee.
  • Race to the Finish gets a bit of an overhaul, adding more routes to it and customizing the speed of the incoming darkness based on each character's physics.
  • All Star Mode returns, similar to its iteration in past Smash games. It takes a Melee structure with having randomized matches and a rest area.
  • Existing Classic modes are tweaked. They now include each character's Break the Targets and the final bosses are diversified. Now only 65% of the roster has Master and Crazy Hand as their final bosses.
  • Boss Rush is added as a mode, borrows the All Star Mode rest area. A few of the stage bosses are appropriated for this mode as well, on top of a few new ones.
  • World of Light 2 is added. This has Galeem and Dharkon return, and more boss fights to experience and more spirits to collect. Dark Emperor, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil are used now as full boss fights. Rayquaza, Petey Piranha, and Porky return as boss fights. New boss fights include The Reaper from Persona, Darkside from Kingdom Hearts, and DJ Octavio.
  • Online gets a revamp. Rollback is introduced and the netcode is better.
  • Speaking of online, the cue system has gotten a revamp. Now Nintendo will have rotating competitive stagelists, meaning you no longer are stuck with Final Destination, Battlefield, and Small Battlefield only.
  • Every stage now has a Small Battlefield form.
  • Patch Notes are much more in depth, explain the specific changes made rather than vague clues.
  • Theater mode is revamped. Now it is updated every time a reveal trailer is shown off.
  • Stage Hazard toggle gets a revamp. Now for individual rulesets you have the option to turn specific hazards on or off for each stage. For example, you can choose to have the platforms on Wily Castle but not the Yellow Devil. You can choose which starting layout to use for Castle Siege or Arena Ferox. This lets you run a mixed hazards ruleset much easier.
  • Stage Builder gets a few QoL changes. The stage will give the option to smooth out some inconsistencies, such as ledges on platforms or the stage ledges not being able to be tethered to. You also can set up to 8 music tracks to appear on your custom stages. There are now 10 background types to choose from.
  • More Assist Trophies and Pokeballs
  • 30% more new music.
  • Minor balance adjustments, more focused on buffs than nerfs.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well in terms of additions to an ultimate port I guess there’s quite a few things I’d like to see added. Many of them from tears of the kingdom

new stages is probably something we can all agree on. I particularly like to see them for veteran franchises that missed out in ultimate
I’m also in the camp of bringing back smash run, I loved fighting through hoards of enemies from different series and more of that with some octarians, salmonids and heartless would be great
I’d like to be able to turn off certain assist trophies and Pokémon, some just get in the way and others just take over
I’d also like a playlist option for my music, so the stage will play the next song in a list than a random one

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Hoping that the Assist Trophy deparment turns wild and decides to add +5000 ATs that would put Card Sagas Wars in shame. (and yes, THE Goku from Dragon Ball is one of them)
Let's see how people gets dissappointed by that. :4pacman:

jamesster445

Smash Lord

SINGLE.PLAYER.CONTENT
Ultimate has a fantastic roster but theres so little to do with them. The fact that WoL had boss fights but theres no real boss rush mode says it all.

Heres a pitch for a new type of Adventure Mode.
A proper platforming adventure mode with a bit of a rougelite element or rather crazy orders.

Basically you pick your char, from there you're given the option between 3 worlds. You pick a world for the first stage. You're either challenged with a fight against characters from that series, a boss of that world, or a platforming level. The next stage introduces three more worlds. Repeat for about 7 stages where you have to fight the final boss or if the player is ballsy, go for all available universes for max score.

I'm banking on the idea that the randomness wont make this too repetitive when you have to do this with 80+ characters. This is a problem with Melee's Adventure mode that I hope to avoid.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geez, being harsh much? I was just asking.
Just ignore it. It's a bad fanterm and always will be. It's not a good shorthand and deliberates misunderstands how actual licensing works. There is zero tangible differences between a character from a game or not when it comes to licensing. They're 100% 3rd parties in both cases and to put it simply, Daisy's differences from Peach is more notable. That's the best analogy to give in how poorly it's used. It helps that Daisy's differences(the hurtboxes) has some basis in reality, and it obviously is not something that will ever matter. The bad fanterm is just plain worse than that, which is a perfect way to describe its merits. It sounds harsh, but it's the most accurate way to describe it, really.

We have a shorthand term that's 100% accurate called "non-game 3rd party". Easy. It takes little time to type, and is not confusing at all. A lot don't actually know what it means in reality(because there is no such thing. It's not even that common of a term outside of a tiny Smash circle. Even 2nd party has more merit as it's used a bit more often by actual sites due to referring to how weird licensing can be in genera. It doesn't really exist, but it's based upon something). Another good thing to note about the problem with the bad fanterm is that it does not have a straight definition whatsoever, as there's multiple ways it's described, which is where part of the confusion comes from. And that's within the tiny circle too.

To be clear, no, I am not debating this. It was never more than, if anything, two separate memes that use the same word. I will not reply to anything trying to defend it. Actually, calling it a meme is pretty apt at this point. That's how little use it gets, just a silly thing that means two contradictory statements and isn't used consistently among the same fanbase who created it. Honestly, that makes it even worse. That there's no legitimate consensus.

-----------------

As for Deluxe;

• As much as I'd love every costume from the start, you know 3rd party ones will be DLC only. But the rest should have updated Spirit Battles, and it would be good to just have extra Spirit Battles you can do for 3rd party ones instead of having none at all. Just increase the amount to give more to do thanks to each bought costume. It's a better incentive than just having a cool one. To clarify, I just mean what is basically two Spirit Battles for a 3rd Party Spirit due to the Costume being bought later. Since Mii Fighters play differently than the normal character chosen for a 3rd Party character, it would still play out differently.
    • A song per DLC costume would be nice, imo.
  • More Echoes at bare minimum(Dixie, Octolings, Tom Nook(this one could work either way, but he has to be based upon Isabelle to some degree due to the more proper bodyshape), Shadow for some examples).
    • For some non-ones, it depends what games are out, but I'd like some who were considered to be in, or are clearly highly popular picks, like Decidueye, Spring Man, Waluigi, Toad, and that's not even counting lots of new game characters who are great timing to be given a chance. I don't really pay attention to a lot of new IP's, though, so I can't name them off the top of my head. But them too~
  • Target Test of some kind. Hell, just let us make our own via the Stage Creator. I'd gladly take the Angry Birds version, if that means we can get fast cash and Spirits and other useful items. Like, why not? It's actually pretty fun and silly. Just don't attach a "need to beat it with every character' for anything more than 100% and maybe just a good amount of cash only.
    • Related, if you get a Spirit thanks to some very difficult task, make them at least plausible to randomly get among the normal RNG pool. This way you don't have to redo a tough Spirit Fight if you want more than one. Incidentally, I'm not sure if any need rebalancing, but they should have a separate Toad Spirit for the actual character, instead of just the common race(only an unknown member of the race becomes the Captain Toad, not the actual core member, as they're entirely different people, after all).
  • A Sonic Stage that isn't a Green Hill style, please.
    • Also, more songs from other stuff, like Shadow's music. Those were freaking awesome.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Just ignore it. It's a bad fanterm and always will be. It's not a good shorthand and deliberates misunderstands how actual licensing works. There is zero tangible differences between a character from a game or not when it comes to licensing. They're 100% 3rd parties in both cases and to put it simply, Daisy's differences from Peach is more notable. That's the best analogy to give in how poorly it's used. It helps that Daisy's differences(the hurtboxes) has some basis in reality, and it obviously is not something that will ever matter. The bad fanterm is just plain worse than that, which is a perfect way to describe its merits. It sounds harsh, but it's the most accurate way to describe it, really.
Bad/non-ideal/least worst; its going to keep getting used regardless.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, how many Echo Fighters do you foresee the next game having?

I think after how successful the concept was received be the greater populous, we will at least see the same number of Echo Fighters that we saw in Smash Ultimate. That would mean at least 5 echo fighters. I could see us go either with the same amount or a bit higher. I doubt the number would double, but I can easily see them do 6-8 easy to make echo fighters for the next game. I would not be shocked as well if they look at either the DLC cast of this game or the newcomers for the next game for viable echo fighters, considering they did last time with Ken and Richter. I also think that the echo fighters will have at least a majority first party slant. So if we got 7 echo fighters, we would see at most 3 third party echo fighters.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Some speculate that the next gen 10 Pokémon releases will be either 2025 or 2026, although I think they might be as early as 2024. But if it's actually 2026 (which I don't think) other than gen 10 , the Pokémon franchise will also be celebrating its 30th anniversary, although that can be done I'd say with the 11th generation releases as well.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Some speculate that the next gen 10 Pokémon releases will be either 2025 or 2026, although I think they might be as early as 2024. But if it's actually 2026 (which I don't think) other than gen 10 , the Pokémon franchise will also be celebrating its 30th anniversary, although that can be done I'd say with the 11th generation releases as well.
I would lean on Gen X coming in 2026. I doubt we are going to make the jump right away to the Switch's successor, Game Freak is gunshy about new system launches. I expect something like Gen V remakes or something cute like that to be a stopgap in between. It also makes sense for them to delay Gen X for the 30th anniversary, given they have the easy turnaround of just doing Gen V remakes in its stead. Whether we get Deep Black and Vast White and Legends Kyurem or a re imagining of the Gen V style in the Gen IX engine, I think Unova will be revisited before we hop over to Gen X.

Top Bottom