• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The big difference there is that, Mega Man is famous for having a ton of really recognizable songs.

RCR has, like, 4 songs. And one of them is the Double Dragon theme. :p
I still need to get around to trying the River City games but River City Girls 2 has some pretty cool music from what I’ve heard so far.

The singer for RCR2 actually did a really great cover of Banjo’s Mad Monster Mansion with Richaadeb.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Ooh, are we talking about girl characters we want for Smash Bros? Okay, here are some of mine:

Toadette
Pauline
Impa
Dixie Kong
Tiki (FE:A design preferably)
Celica
Lyn
Medusa
Mona
Captain Syrup
Elma
Lip
Tap Trial Girl (possibly named Ms. Rhythm)
Savvy Stylist
Chun-Li
Arle Nadja

...just off the top of my head

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Smash sisters:

Dixie Kong
Impa
Lyn
Mio
Alear (counts as half)
Urbosa
Pauline

There's probably more but adding those wpild feel forced probably

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I noticed how the subjects always tend to find itself coming back to Pokemon somehow. lol
For my part I'm on the 3rd season of the anime / movies (has to dig for some banned episode or two lol) and my wife is playing SV and BDSP lol yeah Pokemon has eclipsed everything else haha

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
:troll:
Hmm...I was thinking Blanc...for obvious reasons.

For my part I'm on the 3rd season of the anime / movies (has to dig for some banned episode or two lol) and my wife is playing SV and BDSP lol yeah Pokemon has eclipsed everything else haha
The 3rd season of the anime? I think that happened to be when I stopped watching the series.

I still need to get around to trying the River City games but River City Girls 2 has some pretty cool music from what I’ve heard so far.
River City/Kunio-kun always had some pretty cool music, every since the first game. I especially like their music on the NES games (including Renegade and Super Dodgeball better than their arcade versions).

The big difference there is that, Mega Man is famous for having a ton of really recognizable songs.

RCR has, like, 4 songs. And one of them is the Double Dragon theme. :p
Isn't River City known to have some recognizable songs too? I like the music from the NES/Famicom games, which got some cool remixes in later games. I also find River City Girls Zero's soundtrack to be memorable too (especially the Battle with Ken).

Unless you mean in their original NES versions, in which yeah, the main River City Ransom theme and the Double Dragon themes are the only two I can picture getting in Smash in their original NES versions. Though, still I wouldn't rule out the possibility of songs getting that way due how to much retro the series display.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
( Ahri & Jinx ) = swappable character
Elysium = from Soul Calibur
Giovanna = from Guilty Gear
Lara Croft
Impa
Mio & Noah

KatKit

Smash Lord
Gals we'd like to see in the game is always a fun topic, so I'll post a couple of my most wanteds:

2B
A Style Savvy rep (this is still my most wanted!)
Carmen Sandiego (my biggest pipe dream)
Ring Fit Trainer (I 100% see her getting in and it'll still be hype)
Lili De Rochefort or Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken)
Blaze Fielding (Streets of Rage)
Shez (Fire Emblem 3 Hopes)
Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
Aigis (Persona)
Sakura Kasugano or Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Eunie (XB3)
Elma (despite the above, yo' girl is still on that Elma Gang train as well)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Twintelle or Doctor Coyle (ARMS)
Akira (AKA Kaede/Misaki/Miki) Howard (Astral Chain)
Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky [this would be SOOOOO HYPE])
Viola or Jeanne (Bayonetta)
Chell (Portal)
Ayumi Tachibana (I can finally see this happening!)
Mach Rider
Shanao (Castlevania)
Miriam (Bloodstained)
Cooking Mama (we need a redemption arc)
Jill Valentine (or, hear me out... Lady Dimitrescu)
Cassandra Alexandra (w/ a Sophitia Echo or vice versa)
Anna (Fire Emblem [she'll always be my most wanted FE character in general, ahaha])
Pauline (Mario)
Ammy (Okami)
Kasumi Yoshizawa (Persona 5 [very surprised we didn't get an echo or something in Ultimate, all things considered)
Ayane (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)
Mym (Dragalia Lost)
Tifa Lockhart (or Yuna or Lightning or literally any awesome gal from Final Fantasy)
Katalina (Grandblue Fantasy)
Sakura Shinguji (or preferably Gemini Sunrise)
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
(K)achi (Sin and Punishment)
Sami (Advance Wars)
Tracer, D. Va, or Mercy (Overwatch)
Literally any gal from League of Legends, but my personal fav is Taliyah
Impa
Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)
Miku Hatsune
Ningguang or Beidou (Genshin Impact)
Millia Rage, I-no, or Baiken (Guilty Gear)
Monster Hunter
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
The Guardian Legend
Shepard (Mass Effect)
Arle Nadja
KOS-MOS
Lara Croft
Katrielle Layton
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Mona Pizza
Tap Trial Dancer/Rhythm Girl

I also have a separate list for Indie characters!

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
My response to that is...

Sorry. But "recognizable" and "never released outside Japan" are mutually exclusive.
River City Super Sports Challenge, which was basically a remake of that game, was released outside of Japan and it has just about every theme from that game too. Some of those themes would go on to be used in other games like River City Tokyo Rumble, which also has a remix from Super Dodgeball (another Kunio-kun game that was released outside of Japan and another one of my favorite games).

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Don’t think we’ve discussed items in a wee while, any ideas?
Back in Late 2017-Early 2018, i was thinking on the Mega Stone. But instead of turning into a Mega Evolved form, it would be the definitive form, the apex for the respective characters. Think like Mega Man turns into Mega Man x (even if they are different characters like in this case).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Back in Late 2017-Early 2018, i was thinking on the Mega Stone. But instead of turning into a Mega Evolved form, it would be the definitive form, the apex for the respective characters. Think like Mega Man turns into Mega Man x (even if they are different characters like in this case).
Well I’m gonna spend some time thinking what’s be for most of the roster

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I was thinking more invincibility items but only one of them can be used in a match. They each work differently based on the series they're from.

Super Star (Mario); the player has to catch the star as it bounces around in order become invincible (of course).
Invincible Candy (Kirby); the player has to pick up the candy in order to become invincible.
Invincibility Box (Sonic); requires the player to hit the box in order to become invincible.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Energy Tank (Mega Man): Fully heals whoever picks it up, but just like the Special Flag, they're stuck holding it up. If the user is attacked, they drop it and it disappears.

Prayer Ring (Fire Emblem): Slowly heals the user. If the user is over 100%, they will take reduced damage (0.7x).

Ultra-Bitter Spray (Pikmin): Sprays a horribly bitter solution that damages victims and turns them to stone.

Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy): Hovers above whoever picks it up. If someone is KO'd while in possession of a Phoenix Down they will not lose a stock/have a point deducted/lose any coins. After 7 seconds, it will disappear and heal the user for 50%.

NES Zapper: The one-hit KO power of a Home-Run Bat, now in the form of a shooting item! ...You only get three shots, so make them count! Whoever uses this will have a lengthy start-up animation where they dramatically pump the gun.

Macho Brace (Pokémon): Boosts the holder's attack power, but lowers speed.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy): Hovers above whoever picks it up. If someone is KO'd while in possession of a Phoenix Down they will not lose a stock/have a point deducted/lose any coins. After 7 seconds, it will disappear and heal the user for 50%.

Ooh these are good.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Emblem Rings.

Pick one up and wear it and it'll summon a copy of a smash FE character to fight by your side like a Ditto.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
River City Super Sports Challenge, which was basically a remake of that game, was released outside of Japan and it has just about every theme from that game too. Some of those themes would go on to be used in other games like River City Tokyo Rumble, which also has a remix from Super Dodgeball (another Kunio-kun game that was released outside of Japan and another one of my favorite games).
Sure but, even those remakes are pretty obscure. Only come out on handheld systems and not to much fanfare. Don't get me wrong, I liked Tokyo Rumble and loved Rivals Showdown, but most people still aren't aware of them.

River City Ransom and, now, to a lesser extent maybe, River City Girls, are kinda the only games in the franchise with any kind of widespread recognition.

The fact that these songs reappeared in games that are almost as obscure as the original game they came from, doesn't really help on the recognizability front.

Super Crown - Turns you into a character-specific alt of Peach.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Breidablik from Fire Emblem Heroes has been my pipe dream item basically since FEH released

Having a Fire Emblem pokeball could be neat.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Energy Tank (Mega Man): Fully heals whoever picks it up, but just like the Special Flag, they're stuck holding it up. If the user is attacked, they drop it and it disappears.

Prayer Ring (Fire Emblem): Slowly heals the user. If the user is over 100%, they will take reduced damage (0.7x).

Ultra-Bitter Spray (Pikmin): Sprays a horribly bitter solution that damages victims and turns them to stone.

NES Zapper: The one-hit KO power of a Home-Run Bat, now in the form of a shooting item! ...You only get three shots, so make them count! Whoever uses this will have a lengthy start-up animation where they dramatically pump the gun.

I think you’ve put the most thought into this

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I've always had an off the cuff list of 10-11 female fighters for Smash:

Terra Branford
Lara Croft
Marina Liteyears
Chun-Li
Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield
Amaterasu
Blaze the Cat
Impa
Dixie Kong
Hat Kid
My girl made the list! 🎊🎊🎊
I just want to see Marina. But I'd be really happy if everyone got their most wanted in smash.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I think a clanpot would be really cool as an item if it isn't in marina's moveset. Combining items to make new items would be a neat gimmick. Or a crafting table from animal crossing or Minecraft. Glue from Scribblenauts is also fun.

Top Bottom