• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a fun question that came to mind:
You get to choose one of the Four Champions from Zelda Breath of the Wild to be playable in the next Smash, but you also have to pick another one as an assist trophy, who would you pick?
Easily Revali. If I can't get Decidueye I'll take a lesser archer bird. I don't really care which one gets AT'd.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I’m kind of surprised we don’t have a summoner style character in Smash yet. The basic idea is they physically fight themselves but summon various units for their specials. Usually, this would be a simple strike but some could stay on the field for a while like Dedede’s Waddle Dees or used as traps like Snake’s mines. I was hoping they’d go that route with Joker but he ended up completely different than I was imagining.

Team Rocket’s another fun possibility since they can fight with a combination of their gadgets and Pokémon. They’d be physically on the field which separates their style from Pokémon Trainer. They’d still tag out between Jessie and James but both would use Meowth for some attacks and their own unique Pokémon for others.

Some other great options are Yuna from FFX, Garnet from FFIX, and Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft. Yuna and Garnet are self explanatory but Kerrigan could summon Zerg units by utilizing a resource similar to Hero’s MP meant to represent minerals and vespian gas from the game. Crono and Officer Howard are two other great options for a similar style. Dixie Kong and the Animal Buddies are another fun idea I’ve brought up as well.
I think the best first party summoner character they could do is simply a Advance wars characters. They could go with Andy and make him summon infantry, tanks and helicopters.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think the best first party summoner character they could do is simply a Advance wars characters. They could go with Andy and make him summon infantry, tanks and helicopters.
Yeah that sounds like a fun moveset. I’ve never played Advance Wars so I’m not overly familiar with Andy but I like the idea. Almost like a cartoony version of what I’d imagine Jim Raynor (StarCraft main protagonist) to be.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lol yeah. Team Rocket has the absolute best possible Star KO out of anyone I think. It’s funny to imagine seeing someone else blasting off. The question is whether Team Rocket would say the full “Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” or a shortened “We’re blasting off again!” for their own Star KO.
Das war ein Schuss in den Ofen!
Thats what the Anime Team Rocket Squad say in german!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Seems like they're going to start playing the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon on the Roku TV now.

This might be a somewhat take, but would duck hunt class a a summoner? All three of his projectiles are non-standard and can be interacted with, which plays heavily into his game plan.
Yeah, I think that's what Sakurai meant when he described Duck Hunt as a "Surprise character"; just different characters popping up out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

On the topic of Team Rocket in Smash; I'll always say until the cows come home that Meowth should've been one of the OG 12 instead of Jigglypuff, body shapes be damned.
until the miltanks come home, surely

SPEN18

Smash Champion
On the BotW Champions, yeah Mipha and Urbosa are the clear favorites with the other two squarely behind them. Between Mipha and Urbosa you can't really go wrong but if I have to pick then I'll take Mipha.
The AT I would give to whoever's not playable. But I don't view the AT as a death sentence or some kind of "you're never getting in" subliminal messaging.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

On the topic of Team Rocket in Smash; I'll always say until the cows come home that Meowth should've been one of the OG 12 instead of Jigglypuff, body shapes be damned.
Well, Mewtwo was planned for 64 (alongside Bowser and Dedede) but end up being cut, so even if body shapes wasn't a problem, Mewtwo would have probably make it before Meowth.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I found it... our first fourth party rep in Smash...
I wonder how many more people would've lost it had they'd been attached to the credits of something like Dragonball, My Hero Academia or Yu-Gi-Oh. Although One Piece is pretty close, considering the company that was bought by Nintendo to become Nintendo Pictures did work on One Piece.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I want to know what people here think; when it comes to two similar series from the same company, what do you think is more likely to have a playable representation; the one with more recognition? Or the one with more of a priority?

I'm guessing the star ko was inspired by the pokemon anime then.
That's what I always thought.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I’m working on a notepad for a hypothetical Kirby movie. I kept Makiko Ōmoto as Kirby’s VA because I didn’t want Kirby to speak in anything other than his baby talk.
View attachment 370577
A bit late, but I just realized that Illumination is probably the only mainstream movie studio that WOULDN'T force Kirby to talk. Remember, these are the guys who made the Minions, they know how to make "non-English yet expressive" characters work.

Troykv

Smash Master

I found it... our first fourth party rep in Smash...
I think the credit has something to do with the company that Nintendo bought that go turned into Nintendo Pictures, apparently whatever they were doing before the purchase was done, I find funny there was enough time to actually change the credits instead of showing the old company name (Dynamo Pictures, Inc.).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I want to know what people here think; when it comes to two similar series from the same company, what do you think is more likely to have a playable representation; the one with more recognition? Or the one with more of a priority?
This is most apparent in the debates between Doomguy and Master Chief.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Super sentai and Fire emblem have a multiversal connection through Bamco's multiverse of crossover games.

Super sentai confirmed.
On a semi-related note, assuming you had to adhere to the unspoken "humanoids only rule", what Nintendo characters would you add in PxZ? For me:
  • Edelgard & Dimitri (Pair) and Claude (Solo)
  • Noah & Mio (Pair)
  • Malos (Solo)
  • Samus & Captain Falcon (Pair)
  • F-ZERO version of James McCloud (Solo)
  • Pit (paired with Valkyrie)
  • Rival Units (* denotes one who joins you later)
    • Edelgard*
    • Dimitri*
    • Claude*
    • Hubert
    • Felix
    • Death Knight
    • Consul N
    • Malos*
    • Zanza
    • Ridley
    • Kraid
    • Mother Brain
    • Dark Samus
    • Raven Beak
    • Black Shadow
    • Blood Falcon
    • Deathborn
    • Hades
    • Medusa
    • Viridi
    • Dark Pit

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
This is most apparent in the debates between Doomguy and Master Chief.
But in that case, only one of them is currently on Nintendo consoles and they're both very active series, so that's kind of different.

I'm talking about where one has more recognition and the other one is more active and focused by the company.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
On a semi-related note, assuming you had to adhere to the unspoken "humanoids only rule", what Nintendo characters would you add in PxZ? For me:
  • Noah & Mio (Pair)
  • Malos (Solo)
    • Edelgard*
    • Dimitri*
    • Claude*
    • Hubert
    • Felix
    • Death Knight
    • Consul N
    • Malos*
    • Zanza
    • Ridley
    • Kraid
    • Mother Brain
    • Dark Samus
    • Raven Beak
    • Black Shadow
    • Blood Falcon
    • Deathborn
    • Hades
    • Medusa
    • Viridi
    • Dark Pit
I can just see Dark Pit joining the party after you beat him up in a boss fight.

That would be true to his character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Here's a fun question that came to mind:
You get to choose one of the Four Champions from Zelda Breath of the Wild to be playable in the next Smash, but you also have to pick another one as an assist trophy, who would you pick?
Playable: Urbosa. She is the most combat orientated Champion anyway. Would be a blast to play.

AT: Durok. His ability would be fun.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
  • Noah & Mio (Pair)
  • Malos (Solo)
    • Edelgard*
    • Dimitri*
    • Claude*
    • Hubert
    • Felix
    • Death Knight
    • Consul N
    • Malos*
    • Zanza
    • Ridley
    • Kraid
    • Mother Brain
    • Dark Samus
    • Raven Beak
    • Black Shadow
    • Blood Falcon
    • Deathborn
    • Hades
    • Medusa
    • Viridi
    • Dark Pit
Add some folks like Euden, Aisya, the Marvelous Trio, Ayumi Tachibana, Kyle Hyde, Raymond Bryce, Ashley Mizuki Robbins, Mike Jones, Michael Anderson, Alexandra Roivas, Jonathan Raimi, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, the Hayami siblings (Ryota and Akari), Captain Rainbow, Isaac and/or Matthew, a Wars character (be it Andy or otherwise), a Fire Emblem character (like Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, etc.), Sato Amatsubo, and Naomi Moriha.

Like I usually say, with Namco's x (cross) games, Nintendo's been given something of a golden opportunity for the characters they don't often use these days.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Durok. I read that as Turok.
I’d gladly welcome Turok to Smash despite not originating from games.

Port of Adia from Turok 2 is one of my favorite video game songs so it would be cool to hear it in Smash:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont get why so many want urbosa?
I think doing Daruk, mipha and revali are all better choice not only do they rep other zelda species not only do they have more unique Weapons okay thats about it but still that are some good reason why urbosa shouldnt be chosen!
I think Daruk would be the best coice as gorons are the best zelda Species (asside from octorocks)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

They usually have a Direct in September. I may be overthinking this, but could this be them trying their own version of E3?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

They usually have a Direct in September. I may be overthinking this, but could this be them trying their own version of E3?
For live stage performances, have Jack Black sing Peaches there or I will not watch. Lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
  • Noah & Mio (Pair)
  • Malos (Solo)
    • Edelgard*
    • Dimitri*
    • Claude*
    • Hubert
    • Felix
    • Death Knight
    • Consul N
    • Malos*
    • Zanza
    • Ridley
    • Kraid
    • Mother Brain
    • Dark Samus
    • Raven Beak
    • Black Shadow
    • Blood Falcon
    • Deathborn
    • Hades
    • Medusa
    • Viridi
    • Dark Pit
Or possibly even Ness and Lucas.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I dont get why so many want urbosa?
I think doing Daruk, mipha and revali are all better choice not only do they rep other zelda species not only do they have more unique Weapons okay thats about it but still that are some good reason why urbosa shouldnt be chosen!
I think Daruk would be the best coice as gorons are the best zelda Species (asside from octorocks)
Urbosa is my favorite design wise but I feel like Mipha and Daruk have more interesting movesets. The Champion I’m least interested in getting into Smash is Revali. I like him in Age of Calamity but he looks too similar to Falco visually and we already have Pit and Dark Pit as winged archers so he isn’t as interesting mechanically either in my opinion.

Top Bottom