• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hmm, looks like my extinction period lasted less than I expected. Something about mosquitoes and amber? Dunno, I wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, Ahri for Smash. Expect more LoLposts sporadically. And I mean really sporadically.

Also that troll uninronically preferred the enemy octoling’s design to the OE playable one’s

HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO THIS CUTENESS?? UwU
Why not both, Rie?

Also, more Octo haircuts for Splatoon 3 pls. It was such a shame that they had less than Inklings in 2...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, looks like my extinction period lasted less than I expected. Something about mosquitoes and amber? Dunno, I wasn't paying attention.

Anyway, Ahri for Smash. Expect more LoLposts sporadically. And I mean really sporadically.

Why not both, Rie?

Also, more Octo haircuts for Splatoon 3 pls. It was such a shame that they had less than Inklings in 2...
But the enemy octos sound so angry and scary and their octo forms look like they want to devour your soul or something

the playable octo’s voices are baby and innocent >w<

ooooh ooooh now that u mention LoLposting. If you wanna visit more characters, do one of Evelynn, CERO/ESRB be damned. I think I’m going full on Eve main (while pocketing some others)

and yes I did pick up the Coven Evelynn skin a few days back and UGH I LOVE ITTTTTT

KDA ALL OUT is still my fave for her tho. That Villain instrumental

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
My early prediction is that since Ultimate was huge in scope (and I mean gigantic), the next game won't bother living up to that and try being it's own thing.

I don't see many 3rd party characters being added and the few that do are closely tied to Nintendo's history (Sonic's obvious, but I also see stuff like SMT getting priority over Persona, possibly Steve and Banjo return but no one else from Microsoft is even considered, Every Square Enix character except maybe Hero [don't know much about Dragon Quest] gets axed, Ubisoft gets either Rabbids or Rayman in, etc. etc.)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But the enemy octos sound so angry and scary and their octo forms look like they want to devour your soul or something

ooooh ooooh now that u mention LoLposting. If you wanna visit more characters, do one of Evelynn, CERO/ESRB be damned. I think I’m going full on Eve main (while pocketing some others)

and yes I did pick up the Coven Evelynn skin a few days back and UGH I LOVE ITTTTTT

Eh, I'd still love the trooper haircut on a playable Octo. I mean, it looks cool.

And if I were to do more, Eve would definitely be on the top 20. Maybe top 10. It could be a fun concept to tackle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My early prediction is that since Ultimate was huge in scope (and I mean gigantic), the next game won't bother living up to that and try being it's own thing.

I don't see many 3rd party characters being added and the few that do are closely tied to Nintendo's history (Sonic's obvious, but I also see stuff like SMT getting priority over Persona, possibly Steve and Banjo return but no one else from Microsoft is even considered, Every Square Enix character except maybe Hero [don't know much about Dragon Quest] gets axed, Ubisoft gets either Rabbids or Rayman in, etc. etc.)
Steve's and Banjo's chances for next game all depends on the relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft by then.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who I'm certain will be in Smash 6.

Akira Howard
Dixie Kong
New Gen Pokemon
Waluigi
Xenoblade 3 protagonist

Who is also most certainly not coming back.

:ultsnake::ultpichu::ultsora::ultwolf::ultyounglink:
I disagree on Wolf not coming back. I would not say he has a high chance, but he's got quite some importance as an Nintendo villain and rival. He is more of a somebody compared to Young Link and Pichu, and I believe he has higher chances of returning than Snake and Sora for that matter.

Shroob

Sup?

Seraphine simp detected

[Kill on sight]

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, they should give characters additional, optional voices, like Ben Schwartz for Sonic and especially Charlie Day for Luigi. It is highly unlikely, but to me, it'd be damn funny!

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So does anyone think they're gonna do something new with Smash 6 notably in terms of gameplay?
I dunno about the entire roster, but I feel like at least one character will have an airdash next time.
So, what characters do you expect not to return but would be surprised if they actually came back next game?
Pichu and Young Link better pick a god and pray cause I don’t think anyones gonna be campaigning them for DLC after Launch Pichus Ladders and Young Links general playstyle.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Who do we think is a front runner in the “retro” category?
Judging by the fan support I’ve seen, I’d say that Ryu Hyabusa has the best chance of any retro character. I feel like Bill Rizer (Contra) and Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads) have a decent shot as well depending on if Microsoft and Nintendo are still on good terms. Bomberman, Goemon, and Sir Arthur all had Mii outfits so they are likely high on the list. I’m hoping we get something from Chrono Trigger (likely Crono but I’d love Magus). Fulgore from Killer Instinct would be another awesome choice but probably a bit of a long shot.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sora and Steve, tbh

Sora’s obvious, Steve for the programming of stages thing. Though I guess they could find a way to streamline it
Part of what made steve so tricky in this game was the need to go back and sort out every single material on every last stage. in the next game they can re-use a lot of what's already there, plus not have to do it all at once. it'll be a lot easier.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
And a new journey starts! There is still lots of new goals to get. Characters that need to join the roster. New stages to add. Series that need o be represented in smash in some way.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It’s E3 20XX…

“YAAAAAASTTTTYAYGDBJDH WALUIGI, BANDANA DEE, and CRASH ARE IN SMAAAAAAASSSH!!!!!” Everyone goes ape****. Everyone is kind of sort of possibly maybe back…

Meanwhile…

In the deep recesses of Smash development scheduling…

Shadowy figures watch the carnage unfold on the youtubes…

“Kids these days…undisciplined. A Ninja never lets their emotions cloud their judgement. Like water they should be.”

“Omae ha ninja jyanaidegozaru! Boku wa Nipponichi ninja degozaru! Aoininja de gozaru!”

“Whatever you just said! Then no! This world is all mine and that Sonic speed, too! Hahaha!”

“Stay frosty everyone. The enemy can come in to eat our brains and infect everyone at anytime! Training in Raccoon city taught me that.”

“Hey baby, Travis the name, touchdowning is my game!”

“Rage intensifies“

“Hey, I’m just glad another assist trophy like me got promoted! It sucks to be grounded the entire time. And at least we didn’t get another Poké…”

“Hisuian Zoroark!”

“rage intensifies”

“AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WHY SAKUAI!!!? POKEMON IS WAAAAAY TO OVERSATURATED!!!!!”

“I’m just glad they decided to include a series that gets kids working out! Beats having another FE protag!”

“Hi guys!”

….

“Rage intensifies”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

“I don’t get all of this infighting but we can’t be divided. I’ll unite these two worlds and destroy this system of representation! Anyone can be included!”

“Or you can all shop at my store and spend Nook miles!”

“Dance off! I just want bring my smooth moves into Smash!”

“rage intensifies”

“I’m craaaaaaaaaaazy….!”

“rage intensifies“
…..

“Doom….”

Meanwhile, at E3, nobody knows what’s in store for them years down the line.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone think they're gonna do something new with Smash 6 notably in terms of gameplay?
I think pseudo-3d would be cool. Like LittleBigPlanet with how you can change what layer you're on.

More realistic idea is retooling Assist Trophies to be summons like in MvC. They'd still have limited movements, but you could actually control them. I think that'd be a good middle ground to make characters who didn't make it "playable".

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Okay so here is how Sora's codename being Trail proves that Estelle will be in the next game 1/358
Actually, CP11 was going to be Estelle but they changed their mind at the last second because they decided to keep her until Smash 6 so they would have a character announcement able to surpass Ultimate.
The codename trail being there it's because they forgot to change it.

Top Bottom