• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
guys we are on page 666 you know what that means :reverse:
We talk about Demon King Ganondorf of course. And what changes are absolutely necessary to his current move set to represent him better based on this incarnation.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yunobo and Midna might be pushing it, but otherwise it's pretty great. How you envision Impa and Sheik sharing a spot? Think it's best to have them separate even if I'd choose Impa over Sheik in a heartbeat.

Also weirdly enough I think I'd really love a Lynel as a playable character in Smash too. They are my chosen mook as far as Zelda goes.
Again Yunobo is in because smash really needs a goron i dont really care who it is but yunobo has the most moveset potential of all gorons!
Basically Impa And Sheik share a moveset and animations but differ in voice they have a small ninja blade (basically like the one sheik uses in smash) Throw Deku Nuts, Have a Ballon Recovery (To reffrence totk Impa) and use tons of botw and totk Shiekah and Yiga Weapons and Abilitys!
Heck i wanna see a octorok but these 8 were chosen for mass appeal/ Representation not for personal taste!

Good Night !

Smash Rookie
Again Yunobo is in because smash really needs a goron i dont really care who it is but yunobo has the most moveset potential of all gorons!
Basically Impa And Sheik share a moveset and animations but differ in voice they have a small ninja blade (basically like the one sheik uses in smash) Throw Deku Nuts, Have a Ballon Recovery (To reffrence totk Impa) and use tons of botw and totk Shiekah and Yiga Weapons and Abilitys!
Heck i wanna see a octorok but these 8 were chosen for mass appeal/ Representation not for personal taste!
Yeah, I think more Zelda races must be represented in Smash, like the Zoras of the Gerudos. The actual Zelda cast is to focused on the three main characters for me.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah, I think more Zelda races must be represented in Smash, like the Zoras of the Gerudos. The actual Zelda cast is to focused on the three main characters for me.
Yeah true although i think Gorons deserve to be first and female gerudo should probably come at third or later! (I mean Ganon could still be a character so yeah!)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If smash had 8 3rd party characters from each company who would you have picked?
If the Activision acquisition goes through, it seems easy enough to pick characters for Microsoft, at least.

1. Banjo + Kazooie
2. Steve
3. Doomguy
4. Master Chief
5. Conker
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Spyro
8. Tracer

Honourable mention goes to Raz from Psychonauts (he's appeared on a Nintendo console, as DLC for Bit.Trip Runner 2), Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark, and Fulgore from Killer Instinct. (Diablo from Diablo could be interesting, but I haven't played much of that series, so most of my knowledge comes from Heroes Of The Storm)

I could get eight for Capcom as well:

1. Mega Man
2. Ryu
3. Ken
4. Dante
5. Morrigan
6. Amaterasu
7. Leon S. Kennedy
8. Viewtiful Joe

(I could have picked Vergil, but I figure it's best not to double up on a brand new series)

Beyond that, I feel like I might be pushing it - I could maybe come up with eight for Sega or Square-Enix, but I'm less sure about that, and I feel like I'd be limited in terms of what I could pick for SNK characters without it basically being a King of Fighters roster.

EDIT: Square-Enix

1. Cloud
2. Sephiroth
3. Hero
4. Geno
5. 2B
6. Crono
7. Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
8. Tressa (Octopath Traveler)

I looked into it, and apparently, Square-Enix no longer owns the likes of Hitman, Tomb Raider, or Gex; otherwise, Lara Croft would be in this list.

Sega:

1. Sonic
2. Eggman
3. Bayonetta
4. Jeanne
5. Joker
6. Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series)
7. Kiryu
8. Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)

Bandai-Namco:

1. Pac-Man
2. Kazuya
3. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
4. Agumon
5. Lloyd Irving
6. KOS-MOS
7. Solaire (Dark Souls)
8. The Prince (Katamari Damacy)

SNK:

1. Terry Bogard
2. Geese Howard
3. Ryo Sakazaki
4. Kyo Kusanagi
5. Haohmaru
6. Rock Howard
7. Nakoruru
8. Rugal Bernstein

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of devils and demons, Houndoom has always been one of my favorite Pokémon but I don’t know if I’ve ever brought it up here. It would be an awesome and unique Smash character but it unfortunately lacks the massive popularity or push to make it a strong consideration.
1689164709697.png

If the Activision acquisition goes through, it seems easy enough to pick characters for Microsoft, at least.

1. Banjo + Kazooie
2. Steve
3. Doomguy
4. Master Chief
5. Conker
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Spyro
8. Tracer

Honourable mention goes to Raz from Psychonauts (he's appeared on a Nintendo console, as DLC for Bit.Trip Runner 2), Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark, and Fulgore from Killer Instinct. (Diablo from Diablo could be interesting, but I haven't played much of that series, so most of my knowledge comes from Heroes Of The Storm)

I could probably get eight for Capcom as well:

1. Mega Man
2. Ryu
3. Ken
4. Dante
5. Morrigan
6. Amaterasu
7. Leon S. Kennedy
8. Viewtiful Joe

(I could have picked Vergil, but I figure it's best not to double up on a series)
It’s funny that our Microsoft wish list is almost completely different. I guess that just goes to show how many great characters and franchises they now own.

Beyond Banjo and Steve, the rest of my top 10 would be:

1. Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
3. Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
4. Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
5. Diablo (Diablo)
6. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
7. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
8. Crash Bandicoot (Crash)

I had to limit to just one character per franchise. Otherwise my list would mostly just be filled with Killer Instinct and Blizzard characters lol.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It’s funny that our Microsoft wish list is almost completely different. I guess that just goes to show how many great characters and franchises they now own.

Beyond Banjo and Steve, the rest of my top 10 would be:

1. Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
2. Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
3. Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
4. Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
5. Diablo (Diablo)
6. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
7. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
8. Crash Bandicoot (Crash)

I had to limit to just one character per franchise. Otherwise my list would mostly just be filled with Killer Instinct and Blizzard characters lol.
Now if only they'd DO SOMETHING with those franchises! (haha I'm still annoyed over the results of the Rare buy-out, though at least it made Perfect Dark more accessible; I'm playing it for the first time now, through the Xbox 360)

A little surprised that Master Chief isn't on there, though I'm not super familiar with a bunch of Blizzard's franchises. (I haven't finished the Zerg campaign in StarCraft 2 yet, so I'm not familiar with everything that Kerrigan can do; I haven't played much of Diablo, and I don't know who Illidan Stormrage is)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Now if only they'd DO SOMETHING with those franchises! (haha I'm still annoyed over the results of the Rare buy-out, though at least it made Perfect Dark more accessible; I'm playing it for the first time now, through the Xbox 360)

A little surprised that Master Chief isn't on there, though I'm not super familiar with a bunch of Blizzard's franchises. (I haven't finished the Zerg campaign in StarCraft 2 yet, so I'm not familiar with everything that Kerrigan can do; I haven't played much of Diablo, and I don't know who Illidan Stormrage is)
I like Chief enough but I have almost zero experience with Halo since the only X-Box I owned was a 360 before it died after a few years. Competitive first person shooters also aren’t one of my favorite genres. That said, I’m not really opposed to him joining Smash, I just want him less than the others I posted. The last slot was a toss up between Chief and Crash but I went with Crash because he has more history with Nintendo.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Wasn't there a recent interview where a guy from Rare said there "wasn't any demand" for a new Banjo or something? Maybe it's a managerial thing?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If smash had 8 3rd party characters from each company who would you have picked?
SEGA
  1. Sonic
  2. Shadow
  3. Dr. Eggman
  4. Arle
  5. Sakura Shinguji
  6. Bayonetta
  7. Joker
  8. Jack Frost
Capcom
  1. Mega Man
  2. Zero
  3. Ryu
  4. Ken
  5. Chun-Li
  6. Leon S. Kennedy
  7. Jill Valentine
  8. Jedah Dohma

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
forget to mention my picks would be these
KonamiBomberman:ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:Master HigginsPyramid HeadFroggerGoemon
Sega:ultsonic::ultbayonetta:Jack Frost:ultjoker:Alex KiddRed (Angry Birds)Arle NadjaVectorman
Namco:ultpacman::ultkazuya:AgumonTaizo HoriNightmareLloydKos-mosChoosen Undead
Capcom:ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken:Hsein-Ko (Darkstalkers)ArthurDanteMonster HunterPhoenix Wright
Square-Enix:ultcloud::ultsephiroth::ulthero3::geno:Space InvadersCronoDoh (Arkanoid)2B
MicrosoftCrash Bandicoot:ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:Doom SlayerRash (Battletoads)Smiley (Minesweeper)DiabloMaster Cheif
didnt mention snk and disney cuz they dont have a lot to choose from

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
SEGA: Sonic, Joker, Arle, Akira, Kiryu, Sakura, Alis, Opa-Opa

Capcom: Ryu, Mega Man, Jill Valentine, Monster Hunter, Dante, Morrigan, Phoenix Wright, Arthur

Namco: Pac-Man, Kazuya, Lloyd Irving, Chosen Undead, Reiko Nagase, Don-chan, Gilgamesh, Valkyrie (honorable mentions to Soulcalibur and Idolmaster)

Konami: Snake, Simon, Bomberman, Tako, Mimi/Nyami, Goemon, Power Pro-kun, Shiori Fujisaki

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
guys we are on page 666 you know what that means :reverse:
It means its time for Ryu Hayabusa and Doom Slayer to show the Smash world how to really take down demons.

Stratos

Smash Lord
Since Super Mario Bros 2 (which is a conversion of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic into a Mario franchise game and later named Super Mario USA in Japan) the following have not appeared in other Mario franchise games:

Supporting characters:

Subcon
Mask Gate

Enemies:

Albatross
Autobomb
Beezo (although this also appeared in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Cobrat
Flurry
Hoopster
Ostro
Panzer
Phanto
Porcupo (except Mario Kart 64)
Small Fry Guy
Trouter
Twitter

Bosses:

Mouser
Tryclyde
Fryguy
Clawgrip
Mask Gate
Wart

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Since Super Mario Bros 2 (which is a conversion of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic into a Mario franchise game and later named Super Mario USA in Japan) the following have not appeared in other Mario franchise games:

Supporting characters:

Subcon
Mask Gate

Enemies:

Albatross
Autobomb
Beezo (although this also appeared in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Cobrat
Flurry
Hoopster
Ostro
Panzer
Phanto
Small Fry Guy
Trouter
Twitter

Bosses:

Mouser
Tryclyde
Fryguy
Clawgrip
Mask Gate
Wart
Okay... why did you feel the need to mention this?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Supporting characters:

Subcon
Mask Gate

Enemies:

Albatross
Autobomb
Cobrat
Flurry
Hoopster
Ostro
Panzer
Phanto
Small Fry Guy
Trouter
Twitter

Bosses:

Mouser
Tryclyde
Fryguy
Clawgrip
Mask Gate
Wart
nintendo made the game but most of the original characters from doki doki are owned by the company they were working with

FazDude

Smash Master
Sega
  1. Sonic
  2. Eggman
  3. Joker
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Axel Stone
  6. AiAi
  7. NiGHTS
  8. Red (Angry Birds)
Konami
  1. Snake
  2. Simon
  3. Alucard
  4. Frogger
  5. Bomberman
  6. Bill Rizer
  7. Goemon
  8. Pyramid Head
Namco
  1. Pac-Man
  2. Ghost Gang
  3. Kazuya
  4. Heihachi
  5. Klonoa
  6. Agumon
  7. Chosen Undead
  8. Nightmare
Capcom
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun-Li
  3. Mega Man
  4. Zero
  5. Sir Arthur
  6. Viewiful Joe
  7. Leon Kennedy
  8. Phoenix Wright
Square Enix
  1. Cloud
  2. Sephiroth
  3. Vivi
  4. 2B
  5. Chrono
  6. Space Invaders
  7. Bub & Bob
  8. Hero
Microsoft
  1. Banjo & Kazooie
  2. Steve
  3. Master Chief
  4. Blinx
  5. Ghost (Call of Duty)
  6. Doom Slayer
  7. Spyro
  8. Crash
SNK
  1. Terry Bogard
  2. Geese Howard
  3. Kyo
  4. Iori
  5. Athena
  6. Haohmaru
  7. Nakoruru
  8. Marco Rossi
Disney
  1. Sora
  2. Riku
  3. Xehanort
  4. Penguin
  5. Sensei
  6. Herbert P. Bear
  7. Swampy
  8. Nightmare Ned

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Lord
Okay... why did you feel the need to mention this?
Because I would like to see them in future Mario franchise games as well, besides Wart could come as a newcomer in my opinion in a future Super Smash Bros. game.
nintendo made the game but most of the original characters from doki doki are owned by the company they were working with
Two items POW Block and Super Star from the Mario franchise were present in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because I would like to see them in future Mario franchise games as well, besides Wart could come as a newcomer in my opinion in a future Super Smash Bros game.

Two items POW Block and Super Star from the Mario franchise were present in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.
well you’ll notice I said most of not all of. I think everything that made it into super Mario bros 2 Nintendo kept

Stratos

Smash Lord
well you’ll notice I said most of not all of. I think everything that made it into super Mario bros 2 Nintendo kept
Yes I understand what you mean, but as far as I know only Imajin, Mama, Lina, Papa, Poki and Piki belong to the company that Nintendo worked with.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes I understand what you mean, but as far as I know only Imajin, Mama, Lina, Papa, Poki and Piki belong to the company that Nintendo worked with.
possibly, although I think those were the only characters who were changed.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dont know if i can answer the 8 character thing for all the comanies involved but if it's just the ones i know better about then:

Sega:
Sonic
Bayonetta
Joker
Akira
Shadow
Kiryu
Sakura
Alicia

Bandai Namco:
Pacman
Kazuya
Cybuster
Lloyd
Yuri
Agumon
KosMos
Reiji

Capcom:
Megaman
Ryu
Ken
Megaman.EXE
Phoenix Wright
Ryunosuke Naruhodo
Chun-Li
Demitri

Square Enix:
Cloud
Hero
Sephiroth
Sora
2B
Neku
Chrono
Agnes

I'm kinda eccentric.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't mind seeing MaloMyotismon as an AT, since we're on the 666 part. Albeit, it's more associated with VenomMyotismon. Even then, one is clearly stronger as an option. MaloMyotismon also has more status-like abilities, which can include various tempting illusions. So it actually fits the devil more(and its Japanese name is BelialVamdemon, one of the many characters related to various interpretations of Hell).

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Disney (Video Game Division)

Note: I'm counting acquisitions such Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts and Marvel Games for this.

• Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Toon Avatar (ToonTown Online)
  • Swampy (Where's My Water?)
  • Rallen (Spectrobes)
  • Guybrush (Monkey Island)
  • Purple Tentacle (Maniac Mansion)
  • Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)
  • Paragon (Marvel Nemesis) [created and owned by EA, so it counts?]

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind seeing MaloMyotismon as an AT, since we're on the 666 part. Albeit, it's more associated with VenomMyotismon. Even then, one is clearly stronger as an option. MaloMyotismon also has more status-like abilities, which can include various tempting illusions. So it actually fits the devil more(and its Japanese name is BelialVamdemon, one of the many characters related to various interpretations of Hell).
He better have Richard epcars voice

Top Bottom