• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This fanon list of potential songs has a large playlist from many sources.
But it's disappointing that there are many more music of other medias from represented franchises that didn't made the cut (At least Post Malone's cover of "Only Wanna To Be With You" got gatekeep'd)
I honestly think Smash should try to get music from gaming IP from outside the games themselves. The Pokémon anime, for example has a ton of really iconic songs that would be great in Smash. At the very least, we should be getting songs from spinoff games like Hyrule Warriors. It’s still a shame that we didn’t get a single song from that game since it had such a great soundtrack. Same goes for Xenoblade X.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I totally agree. Normally, I’m not huge on Smash having tons of remixes on a single song but I’ll take as many versions of Techno Syndrome as we can get. I also really loved the song from the first Goro fight in the original movie. Other than the issues with MK’s status in Japan, I feel like the in game music is the biggest weakness for MK, especially when compared to other fighting games with amazing music like Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear. If they can work out an arrangement to get the image songs, MK would be up there with those two.
Well, those images songs were done by one artist. That makes it a bit easier to get them all in a bundle. Not every remix is done by The Immortals, I think, but that's it.

And yeah, Goro's theme from the first movie(this isn't on the original MK Album, which is a game one) was pretty good. Plus, who doesn't want to hear "And now, a taste of things to come." or "Death is the only way out." or even the classic "It's not about death, but life!"

Now if only Sonic would get some more stage themes that aren't just pure vocals. Or even multiplayer themes. In Adventure 2, the multiplayer Shooting Stages had a kickass battle theme that was remixed into the Blue Falcon theme in Shadow the Hedgehog. This is perfect for fighting~

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Second, they absolutely have to come with Techno Syndrome:

We got Advent Children music in Ultimate so it at least seems possible now.
I like how were in agreement that this song should be in if MK in smash were to ever happen.

Make it the reveal trailer musiv and have him fighting Ryu, because Ryu is pretty much guaranteed to stick around in smash.

I honestly think Smash should try to get music from gaming IP from outside the games themselves. The Pokémon anime, for example has a ton of really iconic songs that would be great in Smash. At the very least, we should be getting songs from spinoff games like Hyrule Warriors. It’s still a shame that we didn’t get a single song from that game since it had such a great soundtrack. Same goes for Xenoblade X.
The fact that no Hyrule warriors song got in makes me upset.
This remix is awesome.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’ve got a fun little Smash “What if” scenario for you all.

What if Brawl got an updated rerelease on the Wii in 2010?

Sakurai mentioned that the Wii could not handle DLC in the way most fighting games would, at least not easily. So what if Sakurai and the team quickly made an updated rerelease in lieu of DLC? What would the roster for that look like? How would it affect future Smash games?

I’ll post my roster and thoughts later.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Sakurai mentioned that the Wii could not handle DLC in the way most fighting games would, at least not easily. So what if Sakurai and the team quickly made an updated rerelease in lieu of DLC? What would the roster for that look like? How would it affect future Smash games?

Isaac my beloved.

He might have made it.

But yeah, a lot of the Smash 4 Newcomers might have made it in. Rosalina, Little Mac, and Bowser Jr all come to mind. I don't think non violent franchises like Animal Crossing or Wii Fit would be included yet.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

This is a really interesting idea I wish I had seen at any point than right before I started work, I can't spend the time to make a real response. Pain

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

2010 feels like so long ago, TBH, I'm not entirely sure who'd make it...

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I honestly think Smash should try to get music from gaming IP from outside the games themselves. The Pokémon anime, for example has a ton of really iconic songs that would be great in Smash.
Here's some bangers that should at least make the cut:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

• New fighters
    • Dr. Mario
    • Pichu
    • Mewtwo
    • Roy
    • PAC-MAN
  • New stages
    • Peach’s Castle (64)
    • Hyrule Castle (64)
    • Dream Land (64)
    • Meta Crystal (64)
    • Great Bay (Melee)
    • Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
    • Dr. Mario
    • PAC-MAZE
  • Gameplay changes
    • Tripping removed entirely
    • Major balance changes for every character
    • Minor graphics tweaking
    • Stage hazard toggle
    • Drastically improved online

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

-Meta Knight gets nerfs and is no longer the best character.
-This doesn't matter because they add Galacta Knight to celebrate Super Star Ultra and they just make him Meta Knight but better.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I feel like it Brawl had an update it'd just be some of 4's newcomers, like Pacman, Megaman and Wii fit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl DLC would have had Mewtwo. Maybe Lyn / Roy too. Dixie Kong is another I'd love to have seen in it. Maybe Villager ? Pac Man ? Mega Man? I think third party DLC might've been too much for Brawl. But Mewtwo is a 100% given. Weirdest missing character from Brawl by far.

Also who's ready for Noah and Alear next Smash?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Alright I finally have a second to answer this question. I'm gonna say that there are another 10 "slots" to be added, but clones can be made using half a slot.

• Mewtwo (1)
  • Roy (1.5)
  • Dr. Mario (2)
  • Young Link (2.5)
  • Pichu (3). Yeah, I'm going full "everyone is here". There is a good reason for it though - all five are either part of the forbidden seven or have a promotional aspect to them (the Spiky Eared Pikachu in HGSS and OoT3D). Mewtwo is unique, but the other four count as clones.
  • Wii Fit Trainer (4)
  • Little Mac (5). Both of them can be added now and not in 4 with little hassle.
  • Dark Samus (5.5). Added last minute. She's more unique than her Ultimate counterpart.
  • Dixie Kong (6). Once again benefitting from the Forbidden Seven. Diddy clone, somewhere between Falco and Wolf in uniqueness.
  • Issac (7). Golden Sun is actually alive at this point, so he's a promotional pick. Probably had Dark Dawn design
  • Sakura Samurai (8). This one requires some numbers to be fudged, but here me out. The 3DS is coming out, we need to promote an eShop title, and this game is the one that releases first where the character has moveset potential (it also helps that it can be a spiritual Takamaru addition). If you don't like this we can do Bowser Jr or something.
  • Ryu (9). Once again, added for much the same reasons just a bit earlier. We're letting the Mega Man requests marinate for a bit
  • Bomberman (10) while Nintendo and Sega have a healthy relationship at this point, Konami might need more coaxing to come back. I'm going with Bomberman and not an early Simon because I want a more "scrimblo" third party to balance with Ryu, like how Sonic and Snake worked in the base game

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Alright I finally have a second to answer this question. I'm gonna say that there are another 10 "slots" to be added, but clones can be made using half a slot.

• Mewtwo (1)
  • Roy (1.5)
  • Dr. Mario (2)
  • Young Link (2.5)
  • Pichu (3). Yeah, I'm going full "everyone is here". There is a good reason for it though - all five are either part of the forbidden seven or have a promotional aspect to them (the Spiky Eared Pikachu in HGSS and OoT3D). Mewtwo is unique, but the other four count as clones.
  • Wii Fit Trainer (4)
  • Little Mac (5). Both of them can be added now and not in 4 with little hassle.
  • Dark Samus (5.5). She's more unique than her Ultimate counterpart.
  • Dixie Kong (6). Once again benefitting from the Forbidden Seven. Diddy clone, somewhere between Falco and Wolf in uniqueness.
  • Issac (7). Golden Sun is actually alive at this point, so he's a promotional pick.
  • Sakura Samurai (8). This one requires some numbers to be fudged, but here me out. The 3DS is coming out, we need to promote an eShop title, and this game is the one that releases first where the character has moveset potential. If you don't like this we can do Bowser Jr or something.
  • Ryu (9). Once again, added for much the same reasons just a bit earlier. We're letting the Mega Man requests marinate for a bit
  • Bomberman (10) while Nintendo and Sega have a healthy relationship at this point, Konami might need more coaxing to come back. I'm going with Bomberman and not an early Simon because I want a more "scrimblo" third party to balance with Ryu, like how Sonic and Snake worked in the base game
My only nitpick is replacing Mac (he's still an AT but uses his Wii design) with Tetra (just she, without Toon Zelda).

Ivander

Smash Legend

Sakurai mentioned that the Wii could not handle DLC in the way most fighting games would, at least not easily. So what if Sakurai and the team quickly made an updated rerelease in lieu of DLC? What would the roster for that look like?
I think at least Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario would make it in, since the former two probably had the most complete data and Dr. Mario is an easy clone(and I mean, he does come back to Smash Wii U & 3DS). Little Mac could make it in with his new design. Isaac from Golden Sun and/or Saki(or his son Isa) from Sin & Punishment could get in because of the recent releases of Golden Sun Dark Dawn and Sin & Punishment Star Successor. Megaman I think would at least make it since he was the most popular 3rd Party character after Sonic. New stages for Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Punch Out! and Megaman and maybe a Mario Galaxy and Zelda stage too. Also some more music from newly released games.

That said, I cannot see a scenario where Sakurai would do an updated re-release when he himself has said he doesn't particularly like doing sequels, so like it's hard to see him wanting to do an updated re-release. And even then, I don't think we would be able to predict anything he does or chooses.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Since Paon and Monolith helped on the development of Brawl, could their affort some of their characters?
  • Paon has a handful of Data East's franchises that Marvelous (via G-Mode) doesn't have, so i suggest Atomic Chelnov.
  • KOS-MOS or the guy from Baten Kaitos, but those are Namco.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what if brawl was released two years later? well uprising would be shorter. we'd probably have lost wither the arum or the chaos kin

SPEN18

Smash Champion
On the hypothetical Brawl updated rerelease:

Probably some of the forbidden seven could have made it in (but out of these, only Mewtwo and Dixie would really excite me). Characters scrapped in base we have seen are not locks for later add-on content, but it seems likely we could have gotten at least some of these ones.
And, yeah, depending on the timings, series like Golden Sun, S&P, and Punch Out would probably have had a good shot, especially if a slot or two were set aside for new series.
I agree that newcomers who came in 4 whose reasons for being in were still applicable in this timeframe would also be likely choices.
If a third party were to be added, which I don't think would be a certainty, it would probably have been Mega Man. I don't see any reasons why the timeframe change would have significantly benefitted anyone Mega Man was competing with in 4 to the point that he wouldn't be the top 3P option anymore.
Also, surprised I'm not seeing more Krystal on people's assessments.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

So, my thoughts on the scenario I suggested.

Personally, I think this is a bit of a long shot scenario. The main way this would even come around is as a compromise of sorts. Nintendo wants more content and that DLC/re release gravy train, Sakurai begrudgingly accepts the idea of doing this as a mini project while he focuses on Kid Icarus Uprising. I would not expect a Brawl 2. More like, Brawl 1.2 if that makes sense. Outside of finding a way to fit in the new characters into Subspace, most likely either 1-2 new levels or taking the Toon Link Jigglypuff Wolf approach, I doubt the singe player content changes much. Maybe we might get a few new trophies.

One omission I think is important to consider is the timing. Black and White will be releasing in the Fall of 2010. So, depending on the time, its not a long shot to guess we would get a few Gen V Pokemon as pokeballs (or even a character). I think getting a few Gen V pokeballs and a few new Assist Trophies is not out of the question.

So real quick, the roster itself. I will be a bit generous and assume with this updated re release, but given the context I think it will be understandable. Here are my choices and why
  • Mewtwo: This is probably the most obvious pick that a Brawl Updated release could have. Mewtwo was the one unique cut veteran from Brawl. We know Mewtwo was worked on the most of any cut character from Brawl's development, I think an early Mewtwo return is almost a lock in this scenario.
  • Roy: Similar to Mewtwo, we know
  • Doctor Mario: Putting Doc in as a low effort clone of Mario would be easy, far easier than any of the characters on this list. Given how they did do so again in 4, Doc would probably reappear in this re release. He was also planned for Brawl, so he likely would not be as much of a hurdle to make either.
  • Dixie Kong: Dixie is the only one of the cut characters that is a newcomer. I think here given they already did partial work on her, they would be able to reasonably turn her into a Diddy semi clone. The Wolf to Diddy's Fox. We also know some work was done on her before the scrapped the swapping mechanic between Diddy and Dixie. So these first four picks would all be easy enough
  • Villager: Next up we have the camp, the Smash 4 newcomers that would come earlier than in our timeline. You could in theory just choose half of the Smash 4 Newcomers for this Brawl updated release, but for a few reasons I will be avoiding that. Partially not all of them will make a ton of sense, partially out of making this what if interesting. I think Villager is probably the closest thing to a lock out of the picks to choose from here. Animal Crossing is huge, it was huge back then, City Folk would be recent and on the team's mind. I
  • Little Mac: Little Mac making the jump ahead of time here makes sense. Punch Out's wii game came out in 09, so we have that little nudge of relevancy. He is a popular pick from that era of speculation.
  • Rosalina: Given that Rosalina was the higher priority Mario newcomer out of her and Jr, I would assume in a horse race between then Rosa has the edge. Mario Galaxy was one of the Wii's biggest successes, so it would make sense for it to get representation now.
  • Mega Man: I wanted to include one Third Party newcomer with the choices I made, and Mega Man is the most no nonsense one. I know it is almost hard to remember since Smash 4 Speculation started over a decade ago, but Mega Man was one of the biggest Smash requests of his era. While Third Parties in that era were certainly a bit more divisive, Mega Man was a rare case of the community rallying around one. Even in the Brawl Era, Mega Man was probably the biggest non Sonic fan request in terms of third parties, with only Geno rivaling him. I feel like Mega Man making it in here would make sense, especially when we consider the time period. This is an era where Mega Man 9 would have been a recent large success and Mega Man 10 would be right around the corner.
  • Zoroark: Finally, we have the pics that I am adding that are not in any Smash Game yet, but given the timing would make sense. Zoroark is a perfect example of that. With Gen V right around the corner and Zoroark being the poster child of it, I think in this timeline there is a solid shot we get the Illusion Pokemon into Smash. For these, I will talk about how they would fight as well. Zoroark's main gimmick would be fighting with illusions. If you have ever played one of the Naruto games, imagine it working like how Itachi fights. Zoroark will attack with an illusion of itself for some attacks, keeping itself safe as the illusion rushes forward and deals damage. Also the final Smash would have it utilize the illusions of the legendary beasts. I will probably make a full moveset for each of these later as well.
  • Isaac: Dark Dawn is on the horizon, so I figured Isaac made some sense to promote. I think most people have a rough idea on how they think Isaac would fight, so I will not go into too much detail. But he would certainly be more focused on magic than swordplay. Venus Lighthouse is the stage as well.
  • Chorus Kids: Rhythm Heaven is my token surprise pick for this era. We do know Sakurai at least at some point in time did consider doing a Rhythm Heaven newcomer, given the data inside of Smash 4. Now, whether this was cut due to the 3DS or due to some other issues, we will never know. This has not been commented on publicly like transformations or the Ice Climbers. As for the pick, I am gonna go with the Chorus Kids, but honestly you could toss anyone here as the vehicle for a Rhythm Heaven themed moveset. The Kids would be one unit in lockstep, with a moveset based on the minigames from the DS Rhythm Heaven. Hitting the peg, pulling up vegetables with a stomp, love lab, guitars, juggling a soccer ball, rhythmic clapping, drums, record tables, etc. Of course you would have their chorus practice in there as well. Also a RH Remix would be a stage, taking you through various remixes.

In terms of new stages, I think we would see a couple besides ones tied to new characters. It would not shock me if Boxing Ring, Wily Castle, Mario Galaxy, and Town and City all appeared in Brawl first instead of 4 here. In terms of other stages of note, I would expect a few past stages like Dream Land to also appear here earlier than they did in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

All the Forbidden 7 get added. Yes, I mean Toon Shiek, not Tetra. Do it as planned. Dixie his however separate, because there's no way she can work as a partner to Diddy. Oh, what the hell, Young Link and Pichu too. Just return 'em all. That's already 9 added, plus the 3 I mentioned earlier. 51 character back then would've been amazing.

Lag is fixed, easily, as much as possible.

Pokemon gets some anime-specific tunes/remixes. None of this lame game-only Pokemon Gym Theme. Put both from the anime in, so we hear the extremely good version that really kicks it up.

Isaac, Tingle, and Waluigi are added, along with Geno if virtually possible. Once again, they're by their proper franchises. Tingle is next to the Zelda characters, Waluigi is next to the Mario characters. He was never a Wario series character(hell, he barely gets a cameo!).

Meta Knight is nerfed and general balance. That's a given.

Great Bay is Tingle's stage, while we're at it. And yes, the minor Stage Hazard is unchanged. We'd have the Toon design of Tingle anyway. If we have both designs, and they're played at once, Tingle's hazard is removed. Or the other design is quickly used.

Likewise, AT's are not removed at all here. They just don't show up if the character is being played. They're fun AT's.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I highly doubt a Brawl rerelease would have anything resembling good online given that we know Nintendo's online infrastructure is very outdated and rudimentary, and would be even more so back then.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I've BEEN ready (even though I'm only on chapter 4 of XC3 and Engage isn't even out yet).
I’m on chapter 6 but I’m nearly 100 hours in. I’m level 70 and around 20 levels overlevelled because I’ve been doing a ton of side quests. I love the game so far and it’s up there with my favorite games ever. The biggest problem is that Noah doesn’t really stand out moveset wise since he shares some moves with Shulk. They just did a transform character for the last Xenoblade rep. That’s why I think a fully playable Ouroboros form for the rep would be really cool.

I’ve played every new Fire Emblem game since Path of Radiance but I’m not really feeling Engage at the moment. The art style for the characters doesn’t really appeal to me and the ring polishing is giving me bad memories of Fates. Maybe it will come out and be great so I might still get it.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario for Melee characters that didn't come back.

For newcomers I'd say maybe BWD.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario for Melee characters that didn't come back.

For newcomers I'd say maybe BWD.
BWD being added to Smash in 2010 is an interesting thing to think about, since Return to Dream Land wouldn’t release for another year. Unless HAL told Sakurai and his team in advance that they were planning on giving BWD a spear moveset, they’d only have Megaton Punch in Super Star and Revenge of the King in SSU to base his moveset on, plus the abilities of more generic Waddle Dees such as Parasol Waddle Dee. (There’s also Spear Waddle Dees in Revenge of the King, but I’m not sure if those would matter much for inspiration.)

And, the majority of this moveset would be what BWD uses for the long run, since Smash tends to not change movesets too much, so… yeah. Although, HAL sometimes seems to update stuff in Kirby games to be accurate to Smash instead of the other way around, so maybe the moveset would eventually become accurate-ish anyway due to that?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Reiji Arisu and his ally Xiaomu debuted as they are known in Namco × Capcom and continued to appear until Project X Zone 2. The Super Smash Bros. series (with the exception of the first two games) has featured characters from Bandai Namco, Capcom, Sega, Konami, PlatinumGames, Square Enix, Microsoft, and SNK. But I have in mind the first three companies I mentioned because the Project X Zone series featured characters from those three companies. So I would say that Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu deserve to be in future Super Smash Bros games.
Honestly, Reiji and Xiaomu appearing in Smash as a tag-team is something I wholeheartedly support! Although, considering what Sakurai has told us in regards to Rex and Pyra/Mythra being a hard-to-program tag-team, I have some worries about the odds of them being together full-time...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just wanted to talk about how much I love the direction Sakurai went with Duck Hunt. Before Smash 4, everyone who pushed him had him as this ugly troll of a character. It fit the fan perception of the dog, but it wasn't appealing. The dog abused the ducks oftentimes and the ducks had no other purpose. They emphasized the big smile and made the dog look like an adult swim character at times. If you asked me if I'd have liked Duck Hunt before his reveal, I wouldn't have liked it.

But Sakurai did something I didn't expect. They made the dog cute like a Disney character. They made the duck an integral part of the character. Duck Hunt was finally appealing. I love how Duck Hunt was implemented.

:4duckhunt::ultduckhunt:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just wanted to talk about how much I love the direction Sakurai went with Duck Hunt. Before Smash 4, everyone who pushed him had him as this ugly troll of a character. It fit the fan perception of the dog, but it wasn't appealing. The dog abused the ducks oftentimes and the ducks had no other purpose. They emphasized the big smile and made the dog look like an adult swim character at times. If you asked me if I'd have liked Duck Hunt before his reveal, I wouldn't have liked it.

But Sakurai did something I didn't expect. They made the dog cute like a Disney character. They made the duck an integral part of the character. Duck Hunt was finally appealing. I love how Duck Hunt was implemented.

It felt really appropriate when the World of Light trailer paired Duck Hunt with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. They're such non-characters in their origin games but manage to be fighters full of personality in Smash.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Honestly, Reiji and Xiaomu appearing in Smash as a tag-team is something I wholeheartedly support! Although, considering what Sakurai has told us in regards to Rex and Pyra/Mythra being a hard-to-program tag-team, I have some worries about the odds of them being together full-time...
I think a good tag-team mode would be superior to any character having a tag-team gimmick (yes even existing ones). Squads should be improved so that we can switch on the fly with any character.

I'd say do that with taunting. We'd sacrifice hitbox taunts, but hey, something's gotta give. I'd also give up every transformation move other than Pythra(-style) transformations personally, but I know that not everyone will agree.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Honestly, you don't know how glad I am that not only did Duck Hunt (of all characters) actually make it into Smash Bros., but they also ended up being the closest thing I have to a Looney Tunes character ripped right out of a Bob Clampett-directed L.T. cartoon.

I think a good tag-team mode would be superior to any character having a tag-team gimmick (yes even existing ones). Squads should be improved so that we can switch on the fly with any character.

I'd say do that with taunting. We'd sacrifice hitbox taunts, but hey, something's gotta give. I'd also give up every transformation move other than Pythra(-style) transformations personally, but I know that not everyone will agree.
Now that you mention it, I wonder when Smash will add such a feature to the series. I mean, it can't be that big of an issue, right?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Now that you mention it, I wonder when Smash will add such a feature to the series. I mean, it can't be that big of an issue, right?
They'll probably add that feature when they realize Shield B is a better way for Kirby's ability discard than taunting.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I’ll always be a strong supporter of transform characters. Even if Smash does implement a great tag-team mode, there are just some things that transform characters can do that a traditional tag system can’t. With a set transform duo, you can incorporate double team moves between the two characters (Dixie/Kiddy), design their movesets to play off each other (Alphen/Shionne), or have a fusion state merging the two characters (Noah/Mio). Some characters don’t really offer a lot that really makes them stand out moveset wise by themselves but they really shine when paired with another character. Finally, and most importantly, I just find transform characters fun to play.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I’ll always be a strong supporter of transform characters. Even if Smash does implement a great tag-team mode, there are just some things that transform characters can do that a traditional tag system can’t. With a set transform duo, you can incorporate double team moves between the two characters (Dixie/Kiddy), design their movesets to play off each other (Alphen/Shionne), or have a fusion state merging the two characters (Noah/Mio). Some characters don’t really offer a lot that really makes them stand out moveset wise by themselves but they really shine when paired with another character. Finally, and most importantly, I just find transform characters fun to play.
Oh yeah. A Skylanders Swap Force Character consisting of Wash Buckler and Blast Force would be dope. Being able to Swap between not just them, but also between their Top and Bottom Halves would be such a fascinating character in my opinion.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Gengar84 Gengar84 :

We can have new levels of experimentation in improved squads even with characters not designed for it.

Admittedly, I kinda want Ice Climbers to be semi-reworked so that you can switch the lead on fly instead of the backup just powering up your attacks. But two characters in one wholesale would be too much and would be better off as a mode on its own.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. A Skylanders Swap Force Character consisting of Wash Buckler and Blast Force would be dope. Being able to Swap between not just them, but also between their Top and Bottom Halves would be such a fascinating character in my opinion.
breaks down door

DID SOMEBODY SAY SKYLANDERS!?!?!

Although admittedly, I was more of a Trap Team guy than a Swap Force guy. That being said, I'm not sure you could translate Trap Team's gimmick as easily as Swap Force's into Smash (really all the other ones have easier gimmicks to translate, even Imaginators), so...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
breaks down door

DID SOMEBODY SAY SKYLANDERS!?!?!

Although admittedly, I was more of a Trap Team guy than a Swap Force guy. That being said, I'm not sure you could translate Trap Team's gimmick as easily as Swap Force's into Smash (really all the other ones have easier gimmicks to translate, even Imaginators), so...
lol I take it you like Skylanders?

I never got into it but I did get a Kirby amiibo which is my only foray into figurine gaming if indeed that counts.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
lol I take it you like Skylanders?

I never got into it but I did get a Kirby amiibo which is my only foray into figurine gaming if indeed that counts.
Oh, I was OBSESSED with Skylanders back when it was a thing. Got AND beat all the games, had a BUNCH of the figures (including Crash and Cortex), and even had ideas for other dead/inactive platformer characters that could be added (should probably mention that I was pretty young at the time, and didn't fully understand the concept of "different companies own different things"). But alas, Activision gave the series the COD treatment and killed the whole series. On the one hand, I'm happy for Crash and Spyro fans because that led to their series coming back, but on the other... man I miss Skylanders. If we could get a new game, I'd be SO happy, but all we've got (aside from a recent rumor that I'm 95% certain is fake) is the fact Bobby Kotick mentioned it alongside Guitar Hero as a series he'd like to see come back once Microsoft's buyout of ActiBlizz goes through. And considering the FTC actually decided to get involved for once on that buyout, that may yet be awhile...

Top Bottom