• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
While I'm at work, and thus can't watch it.
Same here. Luckily I work from home so I could at least listen to it if I wanted to but I’d rather wait until I get out so I could actually devote my full attention to it. Not that I’m expecting it in the next three hours anyways.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Presentation in hours, huh? I don't know if I'll bite. It seems weird that they'd shadowdrop such a huge reveal, there has to be a heads-up a day in advance right?

I'm not getting my hopes up, but if it does end up happening somehow, when are y'all expecting it?
At the time it’d be most inconvenient for me

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, didn't Pyoro basically rat out his own source by accident? Like uh, I thought he got his source in trouble given he basically spilled the beans and all. How'd he get another so quickly? I expect a presentation announcement very soon regardless for other reasons but is there any reason I should trust Pyoro after what happened?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, didn't Pyoro basically rat out his own source by accident? Like uh, I thought he got his source in trouble given he basically spilled the beans and all. How'd he get another so quickly? I expect a presentation announcement very soon regardless for other reasons but is there any reason I should trust Pyoro after what happened?
Reports of his death were greatly exaggerated

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't expect an announcement this month. I feel like October is more likely.
I’m not really either but who knows? I’m not really in a huge rush for a new console anyways since I just bought a bunch of Switch games that will last me a while and there’s several more I’m waiting for sales on. It will still definitely be exciting whenever they do announce it though.

Dukefire

Smash Master
It is getting crazy with the rumors starting a fire. I'll say that Nintendo will eventually speak up to quell the questions people are asking. They cannot stay silent forever on the switch's future.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I going to assume that if Pyoro is teasing anything it probably has nothing to do with the Switch 2 or any hardware reveal. It was pretty much confirmed that his info came some sort of eshop backend access. Pyoro had incredibly limited information for the June Direct, mostly third-party stuff, and it's because Nintendo chose to delay putting up eshop pages for bigger announcements instead of having them ready to launch right after the direct. The only games Pyoro did know about and hint at were games that still had eshop pages up and ready to go beforehand (like Ace Attorney Investigations). This also goes for information they had for things like Nintendo World Championships, Everybody 1-2 Switch!, the Sonic Superstars rabbit skin DLC info, and even the Another Code remakes getting a demo - all stuff that would have been uploaded to the eshop and set to go up immediately after their announcements.

Now, after the whole interview nonsense it would be reasonable to assume that Pyoro's source or however they were getting that info would have been plugged up, but there's always the chance that it never actually happened and they just sat low for a while to get eyes off of everything for a bit. Or, maybe there's a new source they've managed to acquire. Or maybe they're just trolling. Who knows? Either way based on their past information I don't know how they'd be aware of an immanent hardware reveal unless there was something about it tied to the eshop.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Ace
I’m not really either but who knows? I’m not really in a huge rush for a new console anyways since I just bought a bunch of Switch games that will last me a while and there’s several more I’m waiting for sales on. It will still definitely be exciting whenever they do announce it though.
I'm the opposite, I'm in a huge rush for a new system. My day 1 Switch feels like it's running on a hamster wheel. It overheats even with the simplest games, the handheld's battery is abysmal, frame drops are abundant. Joy-Con drift has been an issue for me since day 1 along with calibration issues (inputs not registering or registering later than intended, controllers randomly disconnecting).

I'm hoping for an announcement soon, but the "fiscal year 2024" deadline has me thinking that it may be announced in January-March 2025 for a late 2025 launch. :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay guys, we've been talking all this worthless stuff like characters, stages and gameplay. Useless. Effort wasted. It's time to discuss the really important things.

What dog breed will the Nintendog assist trophy be in the next game?

We've had a Labrador, a French Bulldog and a Toy Poodle. What will be next?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay guys, we've been talking all this worthless stuff like characters, stages and gameplay. Useless. Effort wasted. It's time to discuss the really important things.

Dachshund, lock it in

Noipoi

Howdy!

CORGI!!

CORGI!!!!!

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Lord

Husky.

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

A Pit Bull

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

it had better be a border collie. I don’t care if they weren’t in Nintendogs

Laniv

Smash Champion

This is it, folks, this is the game Dalmatians finally get their due

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Snoop Dogg

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Well, Brawl already gave me a Labrador, so... I'd like a Beagle next time around!

By the way, I have a question I'd like to ask everyone here regarding the Nintendog AT. It's something I've been thinking about ever since Smash 4, and I'm kind of surprised I haven't brought it up till now...

Basically, what do you all think of the idea of a Ninten-cat having, let's say... a 1% - 5% chance of popping out of an AT?

Last edited:
Top Bottom