• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know, I'm kind of curious what we'd be talking about if Byleth had never been added. Would a Three Houses character still be considered a strong candidate, for its great critical and commercial success? Would we still be talking about Byleth, or would one of the house leaders like Edelgard become the central figure? On paper, and through Smash's precedent, Byleth seems like they would still be the character to watch here but Edelgard (and the other house leaders, for what it's worth) is such a notoriously popular figure in the fanbase now that I wonder if this would have influenced the decision after years of letting the dust settle and deciding who would resonate with people the most.

My prediction is that Edelgard would be sitting somewhere right below Lyn levels of fan support, but many of us would have considered Three Houses to be a victim of bad timing that may not be in heavy consideration for the next game. But the argument would be that the game has been Fire Emblem's greatest commercial success so far and that may counteract the pessimism.

Also as for ARMS, I agree that Min Min is fine by herself but I do think someone in a different weight class like Max Brass would create a different enough dynamic to be worth exploring on its own. But with Min Min already being kind of a heavy hitter in her own right, and ARMS characters being quite difficult to balance, I'm unsure if adding another ranged fighter like this who is twice as difficult to launch offstage is the move. Alternatively I think a Spring Man semiclone would be effective enough. Couldn't be an outright clone or echo fighter since a new ARM loadout would differentiate them pretty well.
I feel like the heavies would go something like this:
  • Master Mummy: Has the worst movement in the game, but between his Megaton and Retorcher ARMS, he's a master at controlling space with lingering hitboxes. The main problem is that these lingering hitboxes also mean that he has to commit to his attacks way more, and while he does have Pheonix as a quicker option, his primary ARM (Megaton) will be weighing him down when better frame data is required.
  • Mechanica: She has Peach Float, but it doesn't work for her in quite the same way due to her moveset. Instead, her air speed increases, allowing her to move a bit faster, as she otherwise has pretty abysmal movement. Like Master Mummy, her ARMS allow her to throw out a ton of lingering hitboxes, and she even has access to Homie, which homes in on enemies, and since her primary arm is the Revolver, she isn't being weighed down by a heavy ARM. Unfortunately, her heavy ARM is the Whammer, which operates sort of like Raptor Boost in that it doesn't have a hitbox until it reaches an opponent, in which case it swings at them. This combined with its low speed makes it easy to dodge.
  • Max Brass: He's actually a heavy middleweight who can turn into a heavyweight with Buff Mode. This gives him the mobility of a regular ARMS character most of the time, but allows him to up his knockback resistance when it suits him at the heavy cost of mobility. Max Brass's primary ARM, the Roaster, boasts a high level of angleability, but will not be redirected if it's angled at the floor, which can make using it kind of tricky in certain scenarios. His other two ARMS make him a huge threat, as they're both explosion elemented, making them fairly uncontestable without disjoints. This trait can be used against him, as if he hits a floor or any opponent that is too close to him, he will blow himself up. He's also stuck with the Kablammer, which is the Whammer, but now it explodes, making it more dangerous, but also more laggy.

How likely is ARMS 2?

Because I really want ARMS 2.
Fairly likely I think. It just won't be for a while since the dev team's working on Mario Kart. At least, I'm fairly certain that's what they're working on right now.

Also, I'd like to say that making Punch a neutral special is a bad idea. The move would be extremely unwieldy.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Re: ARMS again

I see a lot of comments regarding the negativity surrounding ARMS and to an extent I'd say I agree. A lot of people don't like MinMin but I do think that that's less to do with MinMin herself or ARMS the game and more of a straightforward dislike of her design and play style in Smash.

I also do want to clarify my stance on ARMS as a series in case I was coming off as someone who dislikes it.

I like ARMS, and it's characters especially. I love Min Min the character, but yes, I really don't like the execution of her moveset.

The super long arms should have informed the design of some moves rather than just being the move that makes up so much of her moveset.

People often bring up the Dhalsim comparison, but Dhalsim and other characters that occupy his archetype still have actual different moves they can do with their stretchy limbs. Dhalsim's kit isn't solely compromised of standing MP.

Combined with the actual arm attachments, there's so many directions they could have taken to highlight the arms, the characters' personalities and individual abilities over making a literal translation of the base gameplay.

I'd personally like for ARMS to get half or maybe even most of their roster into Smash's, but aside from being completely unrealistic, it's also an incredibly hard sell when people look at MinMin in Smash and think that's all the series can offer.

So in short, I'm not an ARMS hater, I'm a bitter ARMS fan.

There are so many cool, fun and creative animations you could get out of characters like MinMin or Twintelle or Helix or yes, even "basic" Spring Man.

I just think/wish ARMS could've been done a lot better.

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
I like Min Min and all, and I feel like she's way more mentally engaging (both to play as and against) than she gets credit for, plus she doesn't really slow the game down nearly as much as other more conventional characters (thinking about Wii Fit Trainer, Sora, even Pac-man sometimes as much as I like him).

I don't know about another ARMS character though. A fighter like Min Min kinda needs to have poor mobility and a bad recovery, change one of those aspects and it becomes too much. And she's already pretty heavy and hard-hitting, doubling down on that doesn't seem like a very engaging idea.
A semi-clone with different Arms and some different moves could work I guess.

Borskaboska

Smash Apprentice
In a lot of the arms promotional material they show the characters able to tighten their spring arms into normal people arms, and I had hoped when they announced minmin that they would incorporate that into her moveset. Or at least into her taunts or victory animations or something.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
People underestimate ARMS too much.

It sold 2.72 million. For Nintendo these days, if a title sells between 1 and 2 million it's generally considered a success (There are games that will need more like Zelda games and others less like the Famicom Detective Club games). In addition, its sales are higher than for example, all Xenoblade games, the vast majority of FE (Except Fates and Three Houses), all Pikmin (Except Pikmin 4), and even the vast majority of Kirby games (Except Dream Land 1, Star Allies and Forgotten land), and we can probably keep this up for a while. These are good sales and the fact that Min Min is in Smash is proof of the confidence Nintendo has in the series.

On the other hand, although it is true that EPD 9 (Mario Kart and ARMS) is most likely working on Mario Kart 9, they have practically not released any new games since 2017. It wouldn't be unusual for them to be working on both projects at the same time in parallel with the help of Teams 2S. On the other hand, ARMS is a new IP commissioned by the director of Mario Kart and from what we've seen, it's clear that it's a passion project. If Sakamoto has been able to release Emio, which is a saga with much less presence in general, I don't think they'll have any problems continuing ARMS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All things considered, I think ARMS is safe for a sequel. Probably on Switch 2, could even be a launch title.

Yeah Min Min as a Smash character has unfortunate polarities. But that shouldn't sway them from not working with the ARMS IP. Just nerf Min Min and move ahead.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
While we're talking about ARMS, I've decided to continue my write-up on how I think other ARMS characters would work. So far I've gone through Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Ninjara. I wanted to get to Master Mummy, but I'm not sure I'll have time to before work. Let me know if there's a change to the formatting that would help make things clearer, or if there's something I didn't explain well enough. Here's what I've got so far:
Here’s a baseline for how Min Min’s ARMS work so I’m not referring to them all the time:
Primary ARM: Dragon
A beam ARM with a fire motif, and the ability to fire beams at the end of your smash attack’s trajectory. This ARM acts as a balanced base for the other ARMS to be compared to, and most glove ARMS will act just like it sans the ability to fire beams. It has moderate speed, angleability, damage, and knockback.

Ram Ram
A curve type ARM with a fire motif. This ARM is speedy, has a wide hitbox due to its trajectory, and has a high level of angleability. It has low damage and knockback.

Megawatt
A heavy ARM with an electric motif that travels slowly, and has poor angleability, but has high damage and knockback.
Degree of Separation: Clone
Due to his boxing motif, Min Min’s kick attacks had to be replaced with punches, which I think changes him enough to make him not an Echo Fighter, but won’t change his overall playstyle too much. I did keep the slide kick though since that feels like something that would mesh well with his personality.

Property Changes:
Upon reaching 100%, Spring Man’s Punch attacks will deal more damage and knockback.

Moveset Changes:
  • Tapped Neutral Attack: Spring Man does a quick, non-committal jab. It can serve to check opponents that get too close, but doesn’t knock them back very far.
  • Dash Attack: A lunging overhand punch with his primary ARM. Animation-wise, this is similar to Little Mac’s dash attack.
  • Up Tilt: A spinning uppercut with his primary ARM similar to Mario’s up tilt animation. Functionally, it’s more or less the same as Min Min’s.
  • Up Smash: An uppercut with a little bit of a hop to it. Once again this acts a lot like Min Min’s, but without the reflective properties.
  • Down Smash: A stomp that produces a ring of blue energy centered around him, expanding outward a short distance before dissipating. The ring is fairly weak in terms of damage and knockback, but it hits on both sides, and reflects projectiles.
  • Up Aerial: An uppercut with his primary ARM that arcs above his head, hitting all enemies above him.
  • Down Aerial: Spring Man does a flip and thrusts his primary ARM downward, spiking opponents with an early hit sweetspot.
ARMS Loadout:
Primary ARM: Toaster
A simple glove ARM with a fire motif. This ARM acts as a balanced base for the other ARMS to be compared to. It has moderate speed, angleability, damage, and knockback.

Boomerang
A curve type ARM with a wind motif. This ARM is speedy, has a wide hitbox due to its trajectory, and has a high level of angleability. It has low damage and knockback.

Tribolt
A multi-shot ARM that fires three projectiles that travel straight forward. It can angle up or down slightly, but rather than curving up or down, it fires the projectiles straight in the direction chosen. This ARM has the Stun attribute, which causes smash attacks to have a lot of hitstun when they connect, allowing one-two punch combos. This property also causes the attack to have extremely low knockback.
The Tribolt’s projectiles have no hitbox on the return back to their base within the glove, but they retract quickly, making the attack quite quick overall. Attacks with the glove deal moderate damage and knockback, but the projectiles deal very low damage and knockback.

Ramifications:
Due to the fact that I’m homogenizing similar ARM types, Spring Man ends up being a lot like Min Min, with the key difference being the lack of a heavy ARM. This means that Spring Man will have to rely on his comeback mechanic for long ranged K.O.s, but due to his access to an ARM with stun, he can at least hit confirm those punches.
Degree of Separation: Echo Fighter

Property Changes:
Ribbon Girl has four midair jumps, though her last three don’t generate much height, and are more for staying in the air than ascending. Her fast fall is also faster than normal. These two traits combined allow her to greatly mix up her fall speed. To balance this out, Ribbon Girl is lighter than the others.

Moveset Changes:
  • Tapped Neutral Attack: A backhand punch with her primary ARM. Good as a get off me tool.
  • Up Smash: A sweep above her with her primary ARM. Has wider range compared to Min Min’s up smash, but doesn’t reflect projectiles.

ARMS Loadout:
Primary ARM: Sparky
A simple glove ARM with an electric motif. This ARM acts as a balanced base for the other ARMS to be compared to. It has moderate speed, angleability, damage, and knockback.

Popper
A multishot ARM with a wind motif that fires two projectiles that spiral outward, creating a tall hitbox near the end of its trajectory (in other words, the space it threatens is cone shaped). It can angle up or down slightly, but rather than curving up or down, it fires the projectiles straight in the direction chosen. The ARM’s attack is quite speedy, but it deals very little damage or knockback.

Slapamander
A whip type ARM with a fire motif, and a sweetspot at the end of its trajectory. The ARM deals a low damage and knockback on the sourspot, but high damage and knockback on the sweetspot, making it mostly only useful at max range. It’s overall speed is moderate.

Ramifications:
Ribbon Girl deviates from Min Min in terms of capabilities fairly decently. Her control over her vertical mobility makes her disadvantage state much better than the other ARMS characters, but her ARMS set makes her a bit more difficult to use. She lacks a heavy ARM, forcing her to get the sweetspot with Slapamander to K.O. from afar, and the lack of a curve ARM makes her neutral not quite as good as Min Min’s, even with Popper’s fairly tall range.
Degree of Separation: Echo Fighter

Property Changes:
Ninjara’s dodge rolls, spot dodge, and air dodge animations consist of him disappearing in a cloud of smoke, and reappearing elsewhere, making the directionality of his dodges ambiguous. In addition, he can dodge roll and spot dodge while in block stun.

Moveset Changes:
  • Ninjara’s up smash is a 540 kick, functioning similarly to Captain Falcon’s up smash.
ARMS Loadout:
Primary ARM: Chakram
A curve type ARM. This ARM is speedy, has a wide hitbox due to its trajectory, and has a high level of angleability. It also has the Stun attribute, which causes smash attacks to have a lot of hitstun when they connect, allowing one-two punch combos. This property also causes the attack to have extremely low knockback. As a result, this ARM will basically never K.O. opponents. The damage and knockback of this arm is low overall.

Buff
A glove ARM with a twist: It grows in size for smash attacks, giving them a bigger hitbox, and dealing a bit more damage and knockback. Aside from that, it’s like any other glove ARM, having has moderate speed and angleability, just with a bit more damage, and knockback for smash attacks.

Triblast
A multi-shot ARM that fires three projectiles that travel straight forward. It can angle up or down slightly, but rather than curving up or down, it fires the projectiles straight in the direction chosen. This ARM has the Explosion attribute, which makes the smash attack version’s projectiles explode when they hit terrain, shields, or opponents, dealing a bit of extra damage. If Ninjara gets hit by a fire attack while charging a smash attack with this ARM, it explodes on him. Ninjara is also vulnerable to regularly triggering explosions that happen too close to him, so it’s best not to use this ARM at close range.
The Triblast’s projectiles have no hitbox on the return back to their base within the glove, but they retract quickly, making the attack quite quick overall. Attacks with the glove deal moderate damage and knockback, but the projectiles deal very low damage and knockback, even accounting for the explosion.

Ramifications:
Ninjara is a bit slipperier than Min Min due to his shield mechanics, but said mechanics also force him to use that slipperiness to avoid shield pokes and shield breaks in scenarios where other characters wouldn’t have to worry.
His ARMS loadout also makes him somewhat of a tricky fighter. Double Chakram is, frankly, ridiculous, but it can never K.O. and doesn’t do a whole lot of damage, so he needs other ARMS to support his offense. Triblast’s explosions make it hard to contest without a reflector, and Buff allows him to K.O. from afar, though it’s not as good at doing so as having a genuine heavy ARM would be.
All in all, Ninjara’s neutral is a tad bit better than Min Min’s, but which ARM you’re using matters a lot more, so you have to learn which to use when to keep opponents from advancing on you.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I just made a moveset for Liu Kang (partially out of boredom), in case anyone's interested. Here it is:

Liu Kang Moveset
Not bad! Liu Kang has always been one of my favorite MK characters, so I'm glad to see some ideas on how he would work.

Though, I'm not sure about him using the vertical Bike Kick like Sonya as his Up+B. He does a summersault kick as his enhanced Flying Kick combo, so maybe he could use that as his Up+B.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say Crash and Spyro's chances are now officially in the toliet. Unfortunately ironic when the buyout was meant to signal hope for these characters single-handedly cripped them. Especially when Microsoft already leagues of IPs and Characters already even more popular

Unless a miracle happens for Smash 6 DLC, I don't see them making it especially with characters like Chief, Doomguy or even Elder Scrolls. It's that Crash and Spyro are very low priority for Microsoft.

Banjo was the exception if someone brings him up for a counter-argument.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I think it's safe to say Crash and Spyro's chances are now officially in the toliet. Unfortunately ironic when the buyout was meant to signal hope for these characters single-handedly cripped them. Especially when Microsoft already leagues of IPs and Characters already even more popular

Unless a miracle happens for Smash 6 DLC, I don't see them making it especially with characters like Chief, Doomguy or even Elder Scrolls. It's that Crash and Spyro are very low priority and Banjo is the exception if someone brings him up for a counter-argument.

....sigh

Again, I wish Toys for Bob could've taken Crash and Spyro when they went indie.

KillerCage

Smash Master
If you had to cut four characters from the Original 12, who would they be?
To make things intertesting, you have to keep at least one of the Hidden 4.

My cuts would be Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness, and Yoshi.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion

Unless a miracle happens for Smash 6 DLC, I don't see them making it especially with characters like Chief, Doomguy or even Elder Scrolls. It's that Crash and Spyro are very low priority for Microsoft.

I can still picture Crash getting in through popular demand. He may have some competition with the other Microsoft characters but he has been brought up regularly in Smash discussions and he's well-known in Japan (where his famous dance originated from). Plus, I'm sure many people are waiting to finally see him duke it out with plumber boy.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm throwing myself off a building instead.

Jokes aside, I don't really have a good answer. Jigglypuff is obvious, and after that I personally feel that Yoshi is the most expendable. But we don't really have any business cutting Yoshi unless the roster gets really tight, and even then I think I value him a bit less than most others would.

Ness and Captain Falcon are personal favorites of mine that add a lot to Smash dynamically. Fox too. Even if these characters are more expendable in the greater scheme of like... how much Nintendo values these series, or how active they are, Smash feels empty without them around.

Honestly, full bias in tact, I think I'd cut Pikachu lol. I've reasoned with myself over time that Pokemon isn't a series that I attribute that much personal value toward. I'd rather have a Smash with Pokemon in it, so I can play as Mewtwo or Incineroar, but I value it less than F-Zero or especially Mother here. But I know how wild of a claim this is, I just think of Pokemon as sort of a volatile "Other" sometimes where someday TPC could just be like "nah, not this time". Not that I think they ever will, but they theoretically could lol.

And I mean, Pikachu is obviously the mascot, but if we had some weird AU where they just added whoever would be coolest with no mind to that... I'd be okay with that as well. Doesn't mean we have to do away with Pokemon altogether, I guess. We can salvage this by keeping Charizard or something.

So I guess we have three characters that I could live with cutting. Not gonna make it to four, sorry. You already got one really wild hot take out of me.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can see Crash still happening tbh.

Spyro never
In fairness, I honestly don't think Spyro was ever realistically on the table, if only because of the severely lopsided nature of his appeal. The botched JP ports of the original Spyro games really did a number to him over there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In fairness, I honestly don't think Spyro was ever realistically on the table, if only because of the severely lopsided nature of his appeal. The botched JP ports of the original Spyro games really did a number to him over there.
I still don't understand why they thought those changes were a good idea.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Man, that whole video was depressing in more ways than one. Toys For Bob did NOT deserve what they went through, and I hope they can have a good transition into an indie studio.

Nobody understands why. Trust me on that one.

Pupp135

Smash Champion

This is an interesting and difficult thought exercise. Jigglypuff is the low hanging fruit in these scenarios given that we’re not losing a franchise here, and it’s been low priority historically, scraping by for multiple games. Typically, I’d prioritize Luigi over Ness and Captain Falcon as he’s the player 2 character in gaming, but I’ll leave him off the table for this one. My reasoning for this is that we’ll at least have Mario, Bowser, and Peach remaining, and something like Toad without Luigi wouldn’t be that farfetched. Falcon may be the SSB darling, but I like Ness more, so I’m keeping Ness in this scenario.

From what the developers call the perfect attendees, this really boils down to Yoshi or Fox as Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Pokemon, and Donkey Kong are major franchises. I think I’d cut Yoshi for similar reasons to Luigi where I feel like we’d lose more by presumably cutting out the Star Fox series before Yoshi.

In summary, my cuts are Yoshi, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff.

Speaking of cuts, would it be okay if I set up a veteran rate their chances thread (this is something currently going on in GameFAQs), so this could be a dedicated thread pertaining to potential roster cuts?

ShotoStar

Smash Apprentice

I hold no negativity towards Spyro by any means but I never thought Spyro had a chance to begin with. Spyro could be cool as an Assist if they wanted to give the series something but as a fighter I always imagined Crash being the go-to between the two. As for Crash, I think he's still possible in a Banjo & Kazooie situation where they want to go for the massive request from Microsoft and continue the line of platformer characters from that arsenal from Banjo to Crash. I'd personally prefer Doom Slayer or Fulgore over Crash but I still would not write off Crash's chances through sheer popularity and somewhat noticeable legacy too

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
my Nintendo cuts are ;
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Ness
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario
Squirtle , Ivysaur , & Charizard
Fox
Falco
Wolf
All Fire Emblem reps ( except Byleth ) Maybe
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Piranha Plant
Rosalina & Luma
Dr Mario
Meta Knight
Kind DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Toon Link & Young Link

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
my Nintendo cuts are ;
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Ness
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Piranha Plant
Rosalina & Luma
Dr Mario
Meta Knight
Kind DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Toon Link & Young Link
You may want to get checked for ageusia, because this post is giving a lot of signs.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
my Nintendo cuts are ;
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Ness
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Piranha Plant
Rosalina & Luma
Dr Mario
Meta Knight
Kind DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Toon Link & Young Link
In what context are you cutting this many characters?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
my Nintendo cuts are ;
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Ness
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Piranha Plant
Rosalina & Luma
Dr Mario
Meta Knight
Kind DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Toon Link & Young Link
Are you sure Smash Bros is a game that you like?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
my Nintendo cuts are ;
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Ness
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Piranha Plant
Rosalina & Luma
Dr Mario
Meta Knight
Kind DeDeDe
Zero Suit Samus
Villager
Little Mac
Wii Fit trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Toon Link & Young Link
So let's see here, you've cut both Mother characters, every Pokemon except Pikachu/Greninja/Incineroar for some reason, all of the Star Fox characters, everyone in FE except maybe Byleth, the two retro picks introduced in Melee, every antagonistic Mario character on the roster plus Rosalina, every Kirby character that's not Kirby, ZSS even though the Ultimate main on your profile is Ridley, Villager while leaving Isabelle, every Zelda character that's not the main Triforce Trio, Olimar who is the main character of a series that just had its most successful outing yet, Wii Fit Trainer who is from the sixth best selling Wii game and is emblematic of the Wii's success...

bro really thought we were gonna agree 👎

Ivander

Smash Legend
To solve the issue of cuts, simply cut every character. Rebrand the series as Super Smash., because there are no more bros to be found.

No one is here.
And when no one is here, everybody is!.......what, that's not how the saying works?

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
Shame to hear what happened to Crash. I suppose he really did slink back into dormancy.

Okay… my priority is this from highest priority cuts to lowest priority.

Most expendable :ultjigglypuff: > :ultness: > :ultfalcon: > :ultfox: Least expendable.

Jigglypuff and maybe Ness I would consider cutting for Smash 6. I only see Jigglypuff actually being cut, and Ness being cut in Smash 8 or something.
Any franchise that is represented in Smash through characters should be able to keep at least one character from that franchise in a hypothetical reboot or anything along those lines.
A soft reboot, perhaps.

But a hard reboot? I don’t think so. Reboot means reboot. Nothing would be sacred, not even any franchise that may have fallen by the wayside.

I think a lot of Smash fans throw the term ‘reboot’ around too often, when in most cases, it’s just a new game.

A true reboot would likely have nothing off-limits.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna have to google that now

In what context are you cutting this many characters?
i think he's just doing it for attention

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

The unlockable characters of course. Yet, Luigi is there and that won't happen. But those 4 easily. All others just can't be cut at all.

Any franchise that is represented in Smash through characters should be able to keep at least one character from that franchise in a hypothetical reboot or anything along those lines.
That's not how reboots work. Entire franchises will be cut. A secondary character from titles as Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Pokémon you name it is definitely more valuable than many of the 1 character IPs represented. This has always been the case when we check out support from before the characters where added. Melee and Brawl for example had huge emphasis on adding in the secondary characters of well beloved series.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Another Zelda Concept:

1724583767253.png
1724583396576.png

Great sky Island
Temple
Ganon tower roof flooded (WW)
Termina Bay (with zoras in background)
Bridge of eldin
Koholint Island stage