• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: WATO 11 - July 17-18th [Orlando, FL]

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Next Level Lan and Cecil present: WATO 11

Tournament Date:

Saturday July 17-18th 2010
BRAWL on SATURDAY
MELEE on SUNDAY

Format:
Doubles, Singles

Time:

Doubles Starts:
Noon

Singles Starts after Doubles but not earlier then 3pm

-Note For those that haven't been to an old Gigabits or NLL Tournament before these are an all day affair if participating in Doubles and Singles you will probably be here from around 11am to around 11pm or later (depending on how many people show).

DISCLAIMER: there will be NO Refunds given without extreme emergency on the day of the tournament! This will run till at least 9pm, if you can't stay that late don't enter! Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part.

Gamer Fees:

Doubles: $10 admission per player ($20 per team)
Singles: $15 admission per player

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5. No coaching will be allowed by anyone to a player(that is in mid-match) while their game is in progress.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

MELEE RULES:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5. No coaching will be allowed by anyone to a player(that is in mid-match) while their game is in progress.

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi

Prizes:

Singles

If below than 70 players:

1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 20%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5%

If above 70 players:
1st Place 35% of Singles Admission
2nd Place 15%
3rd Place 10%
4th Place 5 %
5th/6th 2.5%
5th/6th 2.5%

If there is a majority vote under 70 players to change the prize support to the > 70 bracket, we may change it to that. Otherwise the default is what it currently stands at.

Doubles

First Place team will receive 40% of doubles admission
Second Place team will receive 20% of doubles admission
Third Place team will receive 10% of doubles admission

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Directions: http://www.nextlevellan.com/contactus.html

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

*NOTE*Next Level LAN will provide some TVs and WII systems but we will need more so we can hold friendlies and make the tournament go smoothly.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Going to keep additional information on a separate thread,

We WILL be using the revamped seeding points! I'm listening to you guys' input here and I'm going to keep track of the crossover in players in Brawl and Melee to see if there are any huge mathematical problems with having the two merged in the next few events for you all.

I'm also planning on integrating and sharing these points and the bracket/seeding system out with everybody so that we can use these points and rankings for all tournaments we choose to use. The ultimate goal in the end is to have a nationwide ranking system for everybody to go by. Hell, if the opportunity and support is there for me by organizations I can devise an entire ladder system for you all
:)

See you guys at NLL perhaps on Sunday. I'm going to be at LANKnights on the 17th I -think- (I get back from Arizona the night before, meh).

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
If I had the money I'd make this fuh sho. I need the exp. I think you should keep japes. I feel like it's an amazing counter pick to snake. But falcos make it gay..

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I'm going here by myself or with whoever in Gainesville would like to come with me.

Edit: I'll also take any $1 MMs against my Toon Link.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yay another gigs. I'll definitely be here

(at least on saturday)

Tell all your friends to save up and come to this. This has potential to be a pretty big tourney so lets get that hype train going

AND BRING SETUPS

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
yay another gigs. I'll definitely be here

(at least on saturday)

Tell all your friends to save up and come to this. This has potential to be a pretty big tourney so lets get that hype train going

AND BRING SETUPS

Yes, bring many setups. Try to get an even spread this time guys. The console room is really nice and is perfect for playing finals matches. They will have a projector I think to display it out to everyone as well.

MVD

Smash Master
ima try my hardest to show up and shw CFL what they been missing at ZP :p most likely im going :D

MVD

Smash Master
It's not like we are missing them on purpose. The UCF cars endure series after series of unfortunate events...

and I live too far for anyone to pick me up

...sigh...
lol I know :p but since that been happening ima have to go over there and win :p

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yay, this will be my next FL tournament! I can't go to ESAM's. :( I hope I'm not too rusty when this comes around.

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
Either I'm going to this (both days most likely) or I'll be in NY o.o! If I can go I need a partner for both melee and brawl XP

Edit: In Brawl might have a new and amazing main ^^ Someone whos technical and doesn't throw things....oh wait--

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just found out that family is coming down from up north on this date so I don't think we'll be here :(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Any brawl space animals wanna money match my kirby? I've never lost a set to a space animal.

But I've probably played all of like 5 hours of brawl in the past year and 1/2 so it should be easy money right?

$2

Top Bottom