• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
On the subject of Gym Leaders, how would everyone feel if there were some that didn't have a definite type for their Pokemon? I mean, they could have more than one type, or maybe the idea could branch past types to Physical/Special-based Leaders, and ones who focused on other strategies for their battles?
I think typing is the defining part of a gym leader.There type relates to the environment (usually). So, IMO, the type thing should stay.

Idea: We could use the africa idea and have an island like madagascar (along with other islands). This island could be the tropical area AND the rainforest area all in one and would contain all those weird pokemon that don't seem to fit elsewhere.

We could have pokemon like:
-The poli's (with politoad being a rare one)
-skroupi/Drapion
-Mankey family
-Mew?
-Ekans/seviper and dunscrape family
-Slokath family
-Chatot

that's just the few pokemon I thought up in a minute, there would definitely be a lot more.

-:bowser:Bowser King

XACE-K

Smash Master
IDEA: How about a Gargoyle Pokemon? Rock/Flying of course.
To quote the great Captain Falcon, "Yes!".

On the subject of Gym Leaders, how would everyone feel if there were some that didn't have a definite type for their Pokemon? I mean, they could have more than one type, or maybe the idea could branch past types to Physical/Special-based Leaders, and ones who focused on other strategies for their battles?
I would prefer the gym leader just sticking with 1 type since I'm used to it, but this would be interesting.

Btw, 5th gen needs another double battle gym leader.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This desert could be like the town of Sootopolis in R/S/E where the weather is wierd when you first arrive. You go catch the legendary and than all's better.
Yes, to some extent. It was an isolated, ancient town and is by far my favorite part of the entire Pokemon world. Hoenn is my absolute favorite region.

So, can we safely confirm the following?

- New common "rodent" family: Lizard family
- New common bird family: Toucan family
- New bug family: Scarab family
I think typing is the defining part of a gym leader.There type relates to the environment (usually). So, IMO, the type thing should stay.

Idea: We could use the africa idea and have an island like madagascar (along with other islands). This island could be the tropical area AND the rainforest area all in one and would contain all those weird pokemon that don't seem to fit elsewhere.

We could have pokemon like:
-The poli's (with politoad being a rare one)
-skroupi/Drapion
-Mankey family
-Mew?
-Ekans/seviper and dunscrape family
-Slokath family
-Chatot

that's just the few pokemon I thought up in a minute, there would definitely be a lot more.

I dig mang, I dig. Throwing Mew in as a super-rare Pokemon is a wonderful idea. I completely support this!

However, I think we should eliminate the actual gyms and advance to classic "bosses" - for instance, what if we come across a tribal people who've developed their own means of capturing Pokemon, so you end up battling their leader rather than some gym leader who happens to reside in their village with his totally out-of-place gym for whatever reason.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Hooray for the Mew idea...reminds me of the first movie when they are trying to find Mew.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I like Spire's idea of the Gym replacement.

And in the Future/"Pokemon Rust" universe(s)... corrupt industrial corporation leaders?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah, I like the idea of a shake-up for the Gym Leaders, but does this mean the Pokemon League is replaced with an alternative as well... assuming you are not earning badges anymore, you can't be qualified for the Elite Four etc etc.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Yeah, I like the idea of a shake-up for the Gym Leaders, but does this mean the Pokemon League is replaced with an alternative as well... assuming you are not earning badges anymore, you can't be qualified for the Elite Four etc etc.
I was thinking maybe compete in a tournament like Ash has to do in the anime, and if you win, you then face the Elite 4!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I was thinking maybe compete in a tournament like Ash has to do in the anime, and if you win, you then face the Elite 4!
Isn't the point of replacing the Gym Leaders that it adds something new?

Aren't tournaments pretty much already in the Pokemon games?

Mewter

Smash Master
Not
3-D Tournaments
That would seriously be cool.
Anyways, I think that a scarecrow pokemon would be cool. Maybe it could be a grass/normal type with intimidate? But that kind of takes away from the Pokemon-ish feel.

Also, Blaziking, you might want to not show your signature if it turns out to be longer than your actual post. It makes the page just a little longer than needed.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Isn't the point of replacing the Gym Leaders that it adds something new?

Aren't tournaments pretty much already in the Pokemon games?
No, not to my recollection, I know that the Battle Dome, from Emerald, and the Crystal Colosseum from PBR, are tourney-like, but not a tournament that is in the storyline!

Mewter

Smash Master
Anyone wanna take the time to tell me what just happened?
Lol, I was planning on making a lengthy post and managed to hit "Submit Reply" instead of "Preview Post"
I'm sure that the DS has enough power to make some kind of 3-D effect...
But that would probably take too much memory anyways, with there being 490+ pokemon available...

And to the post below: lol

Clownbot

Smash Lord
But stll, I don't see how a tournament would work in a tribal/natural area, let alone how the Elite 4 would work out.

Any ideas?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewter said he was gonna add more to that post that he PREMATURELY made!

@Mewter, about the scarecrow Pokemon, doesn't Cacturne look like a scarecrow?? A little??
Isn't Cacturne the scarecrow pokemon, according to it's pokedex

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
But stll, I don't see how a tournament would work in a tribal/natural area, let alone how the Elite 4 would work out.

Any ideas?
Um, there's an ancient colosseum that's like worshipped by the locals, and everyone competes there, they change it up when one of the Elite 4 shows up i.e., make it look epic!

It would look more festive for a E4 battle! Flowers flying everywhere! I don't know!

Mewter

Smash Master
Isn't Cacturne the scarecrow pokemon, according to it's pokedex
Lol. Oops, I missed that. How about a large tree pokemon then?

Blaziking 17; said:
Um, there's an ancient colosseum that's like worshipped by the locals, and everyone competes there, they change it up when one of the Elite 4 shows up i.e., make it look epic!

It would look more festive for a E4 battle!
Sounds good. How about the E4 people being highly respected pokemon trainers? Wait, that's what they already are.
No offense, but do there really have to be Elite Fours everywhere?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
How about, other than the Elite Four, you challenge a big macho man tribe leader, followed by the big legendary pokemon? Once again, pokemon without an E4 may seem a bit out of place, so this might not be the best thing to do. Just an idea, though.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Has there been a BIG legendary Pokemon established yet????

I don't know, I don't wanna break away from the classic tradition of facing the Elite 4, then the Champ, OHHH, make the macho man the Champ, Ubuntu! LOLZ!!

I feel like we need to have a balanced mix of fresh comcepts and cliche, but traditional aspects of the game. I don't wanna risk eliminating a long-running tradition of an epic showdown with the E4!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Too true, too true. So, the E4 stays...

And, if this is taking place in the past, featuring primarily natural pokemon, I could imagine their types going along these lines:

Bug and/or Grass and/or Poison
Rock and/or Ground
Water
Fighting
Normal

Things like that.

Mewter

Smash Master
Haha. Maybe with the rest of the world in ruin, and the days of the Elite Four long behind them, the townsfolk decide to keep the tradition running by creating their own Elite Four?

And maybe the new legendary Pokemon is actually a Pokemon that reflects the emotion of Pokemon and humans in their world? Or maybe a legendary Pokemon that's not actually a legendary Pokemon at all but started as something humble as a Seedot and somehow discovered a fourth evolution into this legendary Pokemon?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, do you guys seriously think the Elite 4 is all that special? If some kid can beat them, they obviously ALL SUCK.

And I totally want to eliminate the long-running tradition of the "epic showdown with the E4" because it was never epic in the first place. I've said it a thousand times before, but to defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave. That's what we need to do.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Yes, the Elite 4 can't be TOO epic if the game is going to plan on you beating them with something along the lines of a Grass Zebra. XP

Anyways, I kind of like the idea of a tribal showdown kind of thing. A "You must past these three tests" kind of thing where the final test is to battle the tribal leader. Who will actually be good. Not your average Level 60-70's.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Too true, too true. So, the E4 stays...

And, if this is taking place in the past, featuring primarily natural pokemon, I could imagine their types going along these lines:

Bug and/or Grass and/or Poison
Rock and/or Ground
Water
Fighting
Normal

Things like that.
Sounds cool, maybe with a wide type-attack range for each of them!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Man, do you guys seriously think the Elite 4 is all that special? If some kid can beat them, they obviously ALL SUCK.

And I totally want to eliminate the long-running tradition of the "epic showdown with the E4" because it was never epic in the first place. I've said it a thousand times before, but to defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave. That's what we need to do.
There should be more people who aren't afraid to not follow the crowd.

I think I'm turning into a kissa** because of how awesome Spire is. Does that scare you as much as it scares me?

Okay, guys, final call. Elite 4: Yay or nay?

Spire

III
BRoomer
There should be more people who aren't afraid to not follow the crowd.

I think I'm turning into a kissa** because of how awesome Spire is.

Okay, guys, final call. Elite 4: Yay or nay?
Hehe, keep it shining boy!

And neigh.

Mewter

Smash Master
True, the Elite Four don't do very well at their job, and yes the legendary battles are still far more epic considering that they aren't even at the end of the game. I'm more for no Elite Four anyways, if I can avoid it. I'd rather like to be able to collect badges and go on awesome adventures than collect badges and complete the arduous and now expected task of fighting 5 people in a row.

If they do decide to add legendary Pokemon though, NO MORE TRIOS. 2 at most for me. Making unneeded legendary Pokemon just subtracts from their overall coolness. Also, no more time-space-dimension-otherworldly legendary Pokemon/plots. We don't want Pokemon to turn into Sonic the Hedgehog something really cliche.

If anything, focus on storyline. We have enough animated collectibles.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Next Gen should DEFINITELY not go as overboard as Gen 4 did when it comes to legendaries. I mean... seriously. A couple is good, just like Mewter said.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ragada

Here's our Garuda Pokemon. I couldn't help but be influenced by both Egyptian and Native American mythology. This is designed to actually be an equal to Mewtwo. While Mewtwo was created by science in the modern age, Ragada was supposedly created by spiritual belief from ancient times. Legend has it that a tribe of old believed in a certain being so much that it actually physically manifested in the world, hence, the tale behind Ragada's origin.

... However, because the Pokemon world obviously revolves around evolution, Ragada may very well simply be a very rare breed. It is said to possibly be related to both Xatu and Ho-oh. Nevertheless, only one is obtainable.

Ragada is a Fighting/Flying type, and while winged, remains grounded most of the time. It has many Psychic and Fire type moves in its movepool.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Here's our Garuda Pokemon. I couldn't help but be influenced by both Egyptian and Native American mythology. This is designed to actually be an equal to Mewtwo. While Mewtwo was created by science in the modern age, Ragada was supposedly created by spiritual belief from ancient times. Legend has it that a tribe of old believed in a certain being so much that it actually physically manifested in the world, hence, the tale behind Ragada's origin.

... However, because the Pokemon world obviously revolves around evolution, Ragada may very well simply be a very rare breed. It is said to possibly be related to both Xatu and Ho-oh. Nevertheless, only one is obtainable.

Ragada is a Fighting/Flying type, and while winged, remains grounded most of the time. It has many Psychic and Fire type moves in its movepool.

*Ragada*
Awesome! That is really cool and it fits extremely well.

I vote neigh as long as we get something good to replace them. If it's something that doesn't work very well then we might as well stick with the E4.

XACE-K

Smash Master

*Ragada*
I <3 how you made my idea 50 million times better Spire. Just so I feel like I did something, I'll create a movepool for it.
Although I would need someone else to do the stats and abilities.

Edit: On the topic of Elite Four, as long as something even better replaces them, I vote nay.

rockem7

Smash Ace
That looks really cool. ^.^
In the process of replacing the Elite Four, how about instead of a final "Champion" you get the opportunity to face Ragada, thus being your chance to catch him?

Wrath`

Smash Master
What!? We are removing the elite four? That's blasphemy!!!!!!!!!

Ragada looks, F***ing insane, but I do not see how it is a fighting type. looks more Flying/Psychic, or could this be the Flying only type?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That looks really cool. ^.^
In the process of replacing the Elite Four, how about instead of a final "Champion" you get the opportunity to face Ragada, thus being your chance to catch him?
I don't know, it would seem pretty anti-climactic to catch it with an ultra ball and be done the game. There would be very little challenge in that.

Plus, ragada fits so well into the desert area so he could be the creature at the end of the tomb.

Any one remember the battle pyramid in emerald? Remember the ending where you face Brendan (?) with his three regis and he's waiting for you at the top with the sun glowing in the background. I think it would be cool to have something like that. That or he could be hidden deep inside it like in a chamber surrounded by hieroglyphs (unknown markings?). That could be cool too.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I decided what TMs, HMs, and move tutor moves Garuda could learn. I haven't done level-up moves because idk which moves should be learned through it. Here's just a sample of the moves it could learn.

TM: Focus Punch; Calm Mind; Sunny Day; Solar Beam; Psychic; Shadow Ball; Brick Break; Flamethrower; Sandstorm; Steel Wing; Roost; Dragon Pulse

HM: Fly; Strength; Defog; Rock Smash; Rock Climb

Move Tutor: Fire Punch; Ice Punch; Thunder Punch; Zen Headbutt; Ancientpower; Earth Power; Iron Head; Superpower

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
What!? We are removing the elite four? That's blasphemy!!!!!!!!![COLOR]

Yeah, I'm gone for a few hours and look what happens!

Maybe an idea, you think the E4 is too easy?? Maybe if they had mix types and aggressive movepools, then maybe they could be epic!

Is Ragada the legendary??? Is it supposed to be like Archaeoptyrx??

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Ragada looks great, and so does the TM/HM/Move Tutor movepool, Spire & Xace.

Too lazy to design ability and stats right now. :ohwell:

Top Bottom