• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

Wrath`

Smash Master
In this desert layout, there will be a temple too right? And you can easily have a legitimate legendary found in the depths of it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
EDIT: Nevermind. Read King Bowser's post wrong. >.>

Also, (going to a zombie and a mummy), which would be better?

1. Being able to obtain each in one game, with one evolution.

2. Only being able to get one per game, (such as Shuppet and Duskull), but each evolves twice, and to get from second stage to third, we have found another reason to use a dusk stone.

I'll try to think of some pretty legit abilities and whatnot later on.

We could do any of those actually.

Also, when we have a zombie and mummy, we also have to make sure they look like pokemon and not humans. They could have human characteristics but they still need to be definable as pokemon.

-:bowser:Bowser King

rockem7

Smash Ace
Yes, I took that into consideration when planning my design for them.
Like, possibly doing a job similar to a Hitmonchan, it looks like a human, but you can still tell.

Once I make the sprites, (I've honestly never sprited so you might have to bear with me >.<), I'll show possibilities for all three stages, and from there more things could be determined.

Also, (Tropical area) I think that the Psychic trainers should be replaced with Shaman. They could use Psychic types. But for some odd reason, mentioning Shaman kind of makes me want a Psychic/Grass type. A new one. And...Since Shaman are medicine men (seeing as psychic pokemon usually use recovery, and I completely understand that this is a normal type attack and not a psychic one, and seeing as grass types often heal themselves also), this pokemon and it's evolutions (if it has any) should be used by said Shaman.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Believe it or not, that's almost exactly how I pictured the family working out.
Great minds think alike. :)

In this desert layout, there will be a temple too right? And you can easily have a legitimate legendary found in the depths of it.
No, that would be too obvious. Let's have it right out in the open.
/sarcasm

Yeah, a legendary could be in their. I think my Garuda idea (that Spire pointed out) could work well as a legendary.

Also, when we have a zombie and mummy, we also have to make sure they look like pokemon and not humans. They could have human characteristics but they still need to be definable as pokemon.
The could be like the pokemon in the humanshape group. They could be like zombie versions of Machoke and Hariyama (although they'll be different pokemon entirely).

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think you've got the wrong impression of me. :laugh:

So, are you and/or Spire designing a sprite for the Garuda/Ra pokemon?
Spire most likely is.

I just picked random fighting & flying type pokemon and went into paint. Than I put different parts of pokemon onto another to see what looked best. My vision of it looks like a pokemon With a Xatu head and body, Pidgeotto wings, and Hitmonlee feet and arms.

Wrath`

Smash Master
We need to have a map made too, it would be awesome to piece it together.

I have always had an idea as a kid to have an ancient form of the Hitmons

Hitmonclaw is the name I remember I gave it back in 6th grade.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We need to have a map made too, it would be awesome to piece it together.

I have always had an idea as a kid to have an ancient form of the Hitmons

Hitmonclaw is the name I remember I gave it back in 6th grade.
Where would he fit in? Hotmonchan is def, lee is atk and top is balanced.

Speed? That could work out well, I think.

OP has been updated a bit and pokedex section is, sorta, up. I'll be hoping to polish it up a lot more when we get a bit further into the project.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still like my idea of Marowhack having a ghost/ ground type evolution

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hey, you didn't add my water/ice polar bear idea? :/

Once again, what I suggest is ignored...
I'm not ignoring you, it's just this thread gets at least 20 ideas a day (ok...maybe less :p) so if I added everything the op would need to be gigantic.
I pretty much add ideas most people agree on and/or receive success with other members. The OP idea section is the main ideas that we have. The polar bear idea could progress later on, just because it's not there doesn't mean it automatically won't be included.

Also, you really need to stop taking things so personally ;)

Finally, the OP also says that if I missed anything you should inform me.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I see. My mistake. I haven't been going to this thread very long, so I still don't have a complete grasp of how things work in here.

EDIT: Marowak have a ghost/ground evo? I dunno about the ghost part, but it'd be neat if it got an evo!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I see. My mistake. I haven't been going to this thread very long, so I still don't have a complete grasp of how things work in here.

EDIT: Marowak have a ghost/ground evo? I dunno about the ghost part, but it'd be neat if it got an evo!
I think a ghost/ ground makes the most sense, since we have all fought the ghost of Marowhack...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
How about you go through a special condition for the Marowak evolution? Maybe you could get him a happiness level of 0 (like the Thief pokemon idea) before he evolves?

EDIT: I'm hilariously unoriginal.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That or you could lvl up cubone/marowak in certain area to get the new evo. Leveling him in the tomb/pyramid place would work or some ghost area.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, that.

I just couldn't think of anything on my own, so I decided to steal another person's idea. :laugh:

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah, that's true, we did fight a Marowak ghost. I guess a ground/ghost evo would work.

What about my water/ice polar bear idea? No one has said anything about it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about you go through a special condition for the Marowak evolution? Maybe you could get him a happiness level of 0 (like the Thief pokemon idea) before he evolves?

EDIT: I'm hilariously unoriginal.
Truthfully, the evolution for Marowhack by decreasing happiness fits better with his evolutionary line...

Maybe even as an alternate evolution of cubone

Clownbot

Smash Lord
EmblemPrincess, I wouldn't mind seeing a polar bear pokemon for the next gen.

EDIT: @Zook: Welll.... Maybe he could suffice as the mammalian water starter? He doesn't quite fit the African theme, but I think that'd be good.

I can't think of any stats or abilities for him right now, though.

EmblemPrincess

Smash Apprentice
That might be cool, but we've already had several ice/water types before.

What else would he bring to the table? I wanna hear stats, ability, etc.
Okay then, maybe ice/fighting? Since a polar bear can stand on twos or fours, maybe it can learn both punch and kick moves and have a higher attack stat than sp. atk stat.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
EmblemPrincess, I wouldn't mind seeing a polar bear pokemon for the next gen.

EDIT: @Zook: Welll.... Maybe he could suffice as the mammalian water starter? He doesn't quite fit the African theme, but I think that'd be good.

I can't think of any stats or abilities for him right now, though.
There are already quite a bit of mammalian ice/water types.

We could always make a separate island thats ice cold and is far north of the main land.

As for polar bear, that seems interesting but it really depends on how he's going to shape out to be. I don't know, I just see him being a different version of walerien. Still I think the idea could work well and could be intresting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh, yeah, that's true, we did fight a Marowak ghost. I guess a ground/ghost evo would work.

What about my water/ice polar bear idea? No one has said anything about it.
Make it Fighting/Ice and we have a deal.

>>Insert Edit: Hehe, I just saw that you proposed that already. Yes, definitely. Remember, rather than just creating another mammalian ice Pokemon, we need to try and create an ice alternative to the already existing bear families, Snorlax and Ursaring.

Also, I'm digging the Ghost/Ground Marowak evolution a lot. Also, leveling it up in our tomb is a great idea! Someone posted not long ago about the "haunted area" of this region, assuming it was a tropical region. While that itself has not been decided on, I definitely think the desert tomb should be our famed "haunted area" or what have you. Duskull/Dusclops and Cubone/Marowak would definitely be caught there along with potentially Onix and other non-ghost Pokemon.

Here's a map of a region called "Ipsen" I made a long time ago. Not based on any particular place in this world:

Yes, it is named after Ipsen Castle from Final Fantasy IX.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
While that itself has not been decided on, I definitely think the desert tomb should be our famed "haunted area" or what have you. Duskull/Dusclops and Cubone/Marowak would definitely be caught there along with potentially Onix and other non-ghost Pokemon.
Yes.

Yes, yes, yes, and so on and so forth.

So, are we in agreement for Desert Tomb?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it's a desert tomb, skorupi and drapion might make good additions to it

Spire

III
BRoomer
What about my Ghost Tower? ^.^ That would be the perfect place for a ghost.
But that has already been done twice. We need something new, like I don't know... a desert tomb.

Hehe, caught ya!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If it's a desert tomb, skorupi and drapion might make good additions to it
Either that or we could also come up with a bug Pokemon that looks like a scarab. Last I knew we didn't have one of those.

And if you like the idea, I have this feeling of it being either fire/bug or ground/bug. Idk why, but those seem like the two that would work best (ground/bug seeming to be better though, imo).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
**** it, why is everyone here more creative than me

I like the scarab idea. Just for the record, I think Ground/Bug would be better.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I like the Scarab idea. Could that possibly be our early on bug type?

Edit: And it seems to be that we're slowly moving away from the Tropical environment. This might as well be called Pokemon: Pharaoh's Tomb.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, assuming the desert area is found later on in the game, I would say no.

Besides, it's too interesting to fill that role. :p

rockem7

Smash Ace
True. But what would the significance of this desert area be to the story? Gym area? Legendary? (I think someone said that previously, but never really clarified on it...)

Spire

III
BRoomer
We're slowly moving towards a more "mystic" African-geographical type region. I absolutely love it.

So, can we all come to the consensus that this is not based off of Japan, but rather Africa? Africa is home to the largest variety of creatures, so let's take that into account. We don't necessarily have to base them off of solely creatures from Africa (like our Ice/Fighting Polar Bear idea) so think broad.

IDEA: How about a Gargoyle Pokemon? Rock/Flying of course.

XACE-K

Smash Master
True. But what would the significance of this desert area be to the story? Gym area? Legendary? (I think someone said that previously, but never really clarified on it...)
So IMO, the next gen should include leaders, elite four members, or a champion (although he/she could have various types like Cynthia) with these types:

Normal
Grass (preferably Elite Four)
Flying
Poison
Ground
Bug
Steel
Dark (preferably Gym Leader)
Answered 2/3 of your questions.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It would pretty much be like the desert in Gen 3, as far as its significance to the story. I mean, I can't imagine a city for a Gym Leader being there, but a pokemon based on the sun god Ra was brought up as an idea for a legendary, I think.

XACE-K

Smash Master
It would pretty much be like the desert in Gen 3, as far as its significance to the story. I mean, I can't imagine a city for a Gym Leader being there, but a pokemon based on the sun god Ra was brought up as an idea for a legendary, I think.
This desert could be like the town of Sootopolis in R/S/E where the weather is wierd when you first arrive. You go catch the legendary and than all's better.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
On the subject of Gym Leaders, how would everyone feel if there were some that didn't have a definite type for their Pokemon? I mean, they could have more than one type, or maybe the idea could branch past types to Physical/Special-based Leaders, and ones who focused on other strategies for their battles?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
IDEA: How about a Gargoyle Pokemon? Rock/Flying of course.
I was actually working on a gargoyle Pokemon before, but never got around to posting it.

Mine was Dragon/Rock, with Levitate. I remember it had the same total stats as the other major dragons (Salamence, Garchomp), but was geared towards defense.

Top Bottom