• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

rockem7

Smash Ace
If he indeed is a Legendary, then I think that a new move is in order.
Such as Dialga and Palkia, he needs a "Ragada specific move."

Depending on what the verdict is for his type (other than flying), that move should be created.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well I decided what TMs, HMs, and move tutor moves Garuda could learn. I haven't done level-up moves because idk which moves should be learned through it. Here's just a sample of the moves it could learn.

TM: Focus Punch; Calm Mind; Sunny Day; Solar Beam; Psychic; Shadow Ball; Brick Break; Flamethrower; Sandstorm; Steel Wing; Roost; Dragon Pulse

HM: Fly; Strength; Defog; Rock Smash; Rock Climb

Move Tutor: Fire Punch; Ice Punch; Thunder Punch; Zen Headbutt; Ancientpower; Earth Power; Iron Head; Superpower
Flying types don't learn rock climb so I don't think that would fit well. Plus, he just doesn't seem like a creature that would climb walls, same thing with strength.

Other then that everything seems to fit.

His moveset seems to broad though. Like him having iron head seeing how his head isn't that hard looking.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I've finally been able to upload a picture of my Bug/Dark-type Pokemon!

Please excuse the quality- my scanner is busted, and I had to take this photo with my digital camera (it does look cool, though), and some of the details, such as the eyes, are blurred. Also, I have no coloring tools.

Any ideas for names?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
All these awesome drawings make me want to start. I'll draw one and upload it later today :D

The roach looks great :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Ragada reminds me of lucario for some reason. Maybe it's the human-bird/dog similarity or that ra/anubis thing going on.
I like the spiritual manifestation idea, though. It could also reflect humanities wishes, desires, and outlooks on life. Or it was wished up by Jirachi or something. :ohwell:

Also, Bowser King, I think Rock Climb would go very well with Ragada. It looks perfectly capable of climbing walls, with its sharp talons and the like. It could maybe cling to things like a bat, considering its fighting type.

Anyways, what seems the best setting for a fifth generation Pokemon world? As for a replacement for the Elite Four, maybe someone important in society realizes your potential at the end and sends you on a journey to befriend Ragada or something of that sort.

@Zook: Cricketar, maybe? Because tar is blackish, and the Pokemon looks like a cricket? Lol. Maybe it could be an alternate evolution of Kriketune or something.
Edit: Or it's a roach:laugh:

Just ideas^

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
All these awesome drawings make me want to start. I'll draw one and upload it later today :D

The roach looks great :)

Do it.

I'm kinda liking Dakroach for a name right now. Sounds a bit like cockroach.

Name: Dahkroach

Type: Bug/Dark

Ability: Lurk (Increases Attack and Special Attack 1 stage while behind a Substitute)

Stats
Hp: 72
Atk: 115
Def: 68
Spe: 119
SpAtk: 105
SpDef: 31
Total: 510

Potential Movepool

-Substitute
-X-Scissor
-Sucker Punch
-Nasty Plot
-Bug Buzz
-Taunt
-Toxic Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Lure (Pow: --, Acc: --; Makes the opponent switch out to a random Water-type Pokemon; does nothing if the opponent has none)
-Slash
-Night Slash
-Bug Bite
-Night Shade
-Torment
-Glare
-Poison Sting
-Poison Jab

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Also, Bowser King, I think Rock Climb would go very well with Ragada. It looks perfectly capable of climbing walls, with its sharp talons and the like. It could maybe cling to things like a bat, considering its fighting type.
Yes but it has scrawny arms and if you look at the pokemon who learn rock climb, you see that the usually are giant brutes (with the exception of the starters). You have to see what would naturally work. Lots of animals have talons, all the bird pokemon do yet they can't learn rock climb.

Anyways, what seems the best setting for a fifth generation Pokemon world? As for a replacement for the Elite Four, maybe someone important in society realizes your potential at the end and sends you on a journey to befriend Ragada or something of that sort.
Isn't ragada supposed to be this gens mewtwo? I don't know, I just think it shouldn't be too script heavy. Pokemon has been pretty open when it comes to catching legendaries. Look at first gen, you had to venture deep into islands, electricity plants, caves to find rare pokemon. Not go on missions to befriend them. Having legends about them like mewtwo and the diaries in the pokemon mansion seem to be a better way.

That's just my opinion, we could make a story about them but that, IMO, makes them lose there awesomeness. Like dialga and palkia in diamond and pearl. As cool as it was going up to them to battle, it didn't compare to venturing into cerulean cave to find mewtwo sitting at the end and having heard about him in the mansion.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just remember BK, the moves I have are just a work in progress. They'll be changes now and then which could have me remove or add new moves. Some moves that I see compatible to Ragada may not seem compatible to you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Glad you guys like Ragada :)

If we could throw one or two Rock and Ground moves into his movepool awesome, that would be great. I want his moves to totally reflect both Ra and a Garuda as much as possible. Egypt just screams both rock and ground, so they're kind of necessary - especially something like Ancient Power.

As for your drawing Zook, I think we should call it "Umbroach", a portmanteau of umbra and roach. I'm digging the idea, however, it's a bit too edgy and detailed for a Pokemon. Trust me, I had to "smooth down" Ragada a lot to the point of adding its anime eyes to really make it feel like a Pokemon. Before, it was like something straight out of Yu-gi-oh. If you wouldn't mind, could I do my own take on what I like to call Umbroach?

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I like Stone Edge for Ragada, maybe level up, or if not, TM.

I don't like "Umbroach", maybe the previous Dahroach, or Choarami!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
As for your drawing Zook, I think we should call it "Umbroach", a portmanteau of umbra and roach. I'm digging the idea, however, it's a bit too edgy and detailed for a Pokemon. Trust me, I had to "smooth down" Ragada a lot to the point of adding its anime eyes to really make it feel like a Pokemon. Before, it was like something straight out of Yu-gi-oh. If you wouldn't mind, could I do my own take on what I like to call Umbroach?
Umbroach, huh? Sure, go ahead. I'd be glad to see what you coe up with.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If we could throw one or two Rock and Ground moves into his movepool awesome, that would be great. I want his moves to totally reflect both Ra and a Garuda as much as possible. Egypt just screams both rock and ground, so they're kind of necessary - especially something like Ancient Power.
Well there still some changes to do.

And about Ragada, is it going to be a legendary or one of those pokemon that are rare but you can obtain through doing a mission or whatever? (like Lucario). Also will it have a pre-evolved or evolved form or none at all? Knowing this could help with me trying to figure out it's stats, possible other moves, and such.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well there still some changes to do.

And about Ragada, is it going to be a legendary or one of those pokemon that are rare but you can obtain through doing a mission or whatever? (like Lucario). Also will it have a pre-evolved or evolved form or none at all? Knowing this could help with me trying to figure out it's stats, possible other moves, and such.
I could see him having a pre-evo, but it would detract from his potential awesomeness as a single-stage Pokemon, just like Riolu does from Lucario. Ragada is obviously based off of Lucario to some degree, being the "Ra" answer to Lucario's "Anubis".

So, he will not evolve from anything, or evolve into anything.

Also, I'd like him to be an actual Legendary. He is found at the peak of the Desert Tomb, which you have to completely traverse through to get to. Just like Mewtwo, you might be able to find out about him from translating Unown texts in the tomb and elsewhere, but you don't know of his existence until you actually reach him. The tomb should be split into three parts: the mid levels, lower levels, and the upper levels. They mid levels are automatically accessible, but the lower and upper levels are reached long after. The upper levels lead to Ragada's lair at the very top (with an open roof). I cannot say what exactly is in the lower levels. Treasure, rare Pokemon, etc.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also, I'd like him to be an actual Legendary. He is found at the peak of the Desert Tomb, which you have to completely traverse through to get to. Just like Mewtwo, you might be able to find out about him from translating Unown texts in the tomb and elsewhere, but you don't know of his existence until you actually reach him. The tomb should be split into three parts: the mid levels, lower levels, and the upper levels. They mid levels are automatically accessible, but the lower and upper levels are reached long after. The upper levels lead to Ragada's lair at the very top (with an open roof). I cannot say what exactly is in the lower levels. Treasure, rare Pokemon, etc.
I see. And just to help narrow down its movepool, do you think it should learn Strength and/or Rock Climb? From your picture I think it would but I want to know what your view is.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I see. And just to help narrow down its movepool, do you think it should learn Strength and/or Rock Climb? From your picture I think it would but I want to know what your view is.
Yeah definitely. He's a fighting Pokemon with a build that warrants him these abilities.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yeah definitely. He's a fighting Pokemon with a build that warrants him these abilities.
I see. And one last question, what do you think his stats should be? I see him being well-rounded with all his stats, but having more of an edge in attack and special attack (or speed).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I see. And one last question, what do you think his stats should be? I see him being well-rounded with all his stats, but having more of an edge in attack and special attack (or speed).
Haven't thought about his stats at all actually. Seeing as how both of his types are physical rather than special, perhaps his statistical favor should be towards special. Speed is a definite, but between attack and special attack, I really can't decide. This was your idea too, so you should call it. Besides, you know a thousand times more than I do about Pokemon stats.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Love it.
As for Elite Four, I am happy that they get replaced... but I think a tournament (not sure who suggested it) would be a cool idea. It might not be the ultimate goal, but it would be great to throw in the game somewhere.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I could see him having a pre-evo, but it would detract from his potential awesomeness as a single-stage Pokemon, just like Riolu does from Lucario. Ragada is obviously based off of Lucario to some degree, being the "Ra" answer to Lucario's "Anubis".

So, he will not evolve from anything, or evolve into anything.

I could see Ragada's counterpart in the lower levels. But that could be too predictable.

I have an Idea for a Dark/Dragon, this pic is from Dark Cloud(an old 2001 game)
Its the beast the dude is riding, I have always thought it could be a great concept for a Pokemon, what do you guys think?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I could see Ragada's counterpart in the lower levels. But that could be too predictable.

I have an Idea for a Dark/Dragon, this pic is from Dark Cloud(an old 2001 game)
Its the beast the dude is riding, I have always thought it could be a great concept for a Pokemon, what do you guys think?
Oh man, I wanted to play that game so much when I was younger. Never got the chance though. I'm in the mood to draw some Pokemon, so maybe I'll give this a shot. Is Dark Cloud worth playing?

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535

I have an Idea for a Dark/Dragon, this pic is from Dark Cloud(an old 2001 game)Its the beast the dude is riding, I have always thought it could be a great concept for a Pokemon, what do you guys think?
Whoa, that looks pretty sweet!

Komoda, or Lizulgo would be good names!!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Oh man, I wanted to play that game so much when I was younger. Never got the chance though. I'm in the mood to draw some Pokemon, so maybe I'll give this a shot. Is Dark Cloud worth playing?
If DC1 is anything like DC2 (I never played the first), then yes, it is DEFINITELY worth picking up. I can't vouch for the first, but I know that the second was an absolutely miraculous game. A friend of mine can vouch for the first though...he's told me numerous times that DC1 was a great game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about a "VIrus" pokemon that evolves from a pokemon while it has the pokerus or something similar to that...

I like the idea of a pokemon that evolves from being infected by the pokerus

Spire

III
BRoomer
How about a "VIrus" pokemon that evolves from a pokemon while it has the pokerus or something similar to that...

I like the idea of a pokemon that evolves from being infected by the pokerus
So it's a Pokemon that any Pokemon can evolve into? Or a Pokemon that can only evolve from a certain other Pokemon that has the Pokerus? Remember though, the odds of getting the Pokerus are how low? Really low. Completing the Pokedex will require a great amount of time and luck.

I do like the idea though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So it's a Pokemon that any Pokemon can evolve into? Or a Pokemon that can only evolve from a certain other Pokemon that has the Pokerus? Remember though, the odds of getting the Pokerus are how low? Really low. Completing the Pokedex will require a great amount of time and luck.

I do like the idea though.
My original idea was a pokemon getting an alternate evolution by contracting the pokerus

But the idea of a whole new pokemon forming (LIke Shedinja) fits my belief that the pokerus itself is a microscopic bateria pokemon, and it could absorb the energy the pokemon releases to evolve to make itself evolve into a macroscopic bateria pokemon...

I know it's really low, but that's what's makes getting a pokemon that rare so much more rewarding

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The virus pokemon sounds good, but perhaps it should be easier to get.

Also (just as a random comment), this doesn't quite relate to the next gen, nor will it happen, but does anyone here wish Pokemon Snap would get a sequel already? :mad:

ZOMG IDEA: What if Pokemon photography was somehow incorporated into the next gen? Maybe as a little side task or something?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also (just as a random comment), this doesn't quite relate to the next gen, nor will it happen, but does anyone here wish Pokemon Snap would get a sequel already? :mad:
Yes. Best console Pokemon game of all time.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hahahaha.
A virus Pokemon recieved from Pokerus that has the benefits of EV's DOUBLED.
Just make sure all of its base stats are 70-ish. Viruses are pretty awesome anyways.

And yes, Pokemon Snap. Best photo game ever.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SInce it's a virus, maybe being the first type ??? pokemon would make it more interesting...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
ZOMG IDEA: What if Pokemon photography was somehow incorporated into the next gen? Maybe as a little side task or something?
Just thought I'd get some feedback on this idea, since... more people seemed to be interested in Pokemon Snap. (But hey, how could I blame you? Great game, right? :laugh:)

rockem7

Smash Ace
Well, unless they incorporated some kind of new 3-D graphics for the pokemon, the artistry for pictures on a game for DS may in fact have less quality than one for N64. >.>

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, if it's based off of some kind of bacteria, what about being Bug-Type? I know, bacteria aren't bugs, but I find it kind of fitting.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I see a Virus Pokemon being Poison/Electric. That's just how it works. Screws you up on the microscopic electronic level.

Top Bottom