• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-{NEWS}- serious business

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
post new information that people would find interesting.
not for smash tournements/meets. can be smash related tho
no slandering other news...
no news of 18+ nature... :S

anyway found there was a Drawn together movie on the internet.
also monster hunter for the wii comes with that new classic controller.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
I recently found out that Zac Efron was offered the role of Light in a Hollywood version of Death Note. That makes two anime series that hollywood wants Efron to be in. The other being Sousuke in Full Metal Panic.

Not exactly new, but I thought it was interesting.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Bahahaha Dekar.
Death note ruined by Hollywood? Ughhhhhh

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
You know they are still trying to make Akira_ Ghost in the shell is the only one showing promise since it's being helmed by Spielberg and written by Laeta Kalogridis_ She wrote Shutter Island and executive produced Avatar and Shutter Island_ Currently she is writing Ghost in te Shell, Darksiders and Battle Angel Alita to name a few_

The good news is that 2 of those titles have big names behind them as director/producers and Laeta herself has stated she will be following the source material (manga) very closely_ Fingers crossed_

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Anime is certainly a different beast since the days of Eva, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll_ Oh yeah i forgot Ninja Scroll is getting made into live action_ Thankfully nobody could ever successfully make the Evangelion series into a film_

FYI Deathnote is already a live action double movie in Japan_

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
jojo bizzare adventure could work...
or fist of the north star...

gurren lagann to budget -.-

atleast they aren't making the ecchi animes into live action.. because obvious reasons..

ya i saw deathnote live action movies there is 3... they are pretty **** good! 3 one is for the lolz. i recommend.

news wise: super mario galaxy 2 has more preview pictures

any news on how good that ff cystal game for the wii is??
also monster hunter 3???

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh god, Hokuto no Ken live action would be AMAZING.

I want to get Monster Hunter, it looked really good.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Marteh and i think Corpse play it currently and all i get told is how insanely awsome and epic it is_ Besides, it's slaying massive Dragons and monsters in epic encounters AND skinning them to create weapons and armor_ As if that wasn't reason enough to get it_ I'm told the online is very robust_

I think Jojo could be live action over say 4 movies_ Obviously not all of it but after reading the prologue to Dio getting his powers i thought "**** this whole section could be one movie easily and create some awsome character development and leadup to a very insane sequel"_ I'm really keen to get into the industry and get the skills to start looking into much more faithful and developed adaptations_

The only few people i feel that can really adapt and create something close to it's source material would be Christopher Nolan, Sam Raimi, John Favreu and James Cameron_ Spielberg is a producer now and after choosing Michael Bayhem to direct Transformers i lost all faith in his abilities_ Looking forward to seeing how "The Last Airbender" turns out_ I like M. Night Shyamalans approach to creating stories and developing characters_

In other news_ Wired.com had an article about the guy who sold the iphone to gizmodo_ You know, the one who gizmodo failed to name and shame when they dropped the F Bomb on Gray Powell_ Interesting read for anyone who was interested in the iphone scandal_ http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/04/iphone-finder/

Toby.

Smash Master
Looking forward to seeing how "The Last Airbender" turns out_ I like M. Night Shyamalans approach to creating stories and developing characters_
M. Night Shyamalan is astonishingly bad. Please don't tell me you watched and enjoyed "The Happening"! That was easily one of the worst movies of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
So you rated him purely on one movie congratulations_ "The Sixth Sense", "Signs" and "Unbreakable" were all fantastic movies_ "The Village" wasn't too bad and his last 2 efforts stumbled a little, but realistically 3 out of 6 movies being great is not a bad effort_ I'm hoping that with some inspiration and more dedication he can get back on track and produce something just as good as his first 3 efforts with "The Last Airbender"_

Pete278

Smash Lord
FFFF derails all threads, regardless of their original purpose.

My news is that the current Betfair odds place West Coast as the favourites in their match against Hawthorn, and this makes me a sad panda.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i enjoyed "meet the robinsons" when i watched it for the first time
upon further review i realized it is garbage

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
West Coast current placings make me a sad panda Pete_ If Freo win a permiership, AFL will never be the same_

My news is apparently Vampire Diaries ended with a cliff hanger last night according to Babbs_ I just want True Blood s3 already dammit_

MTGod

Smash Champion
The Happening was hilarious :D Almost on a comedic par with Dragonball: Evolution in terms of absurdity :p But still, The Last Airbender??? As in, Avatar??? As in, Nickelodeon kids TV show Avatar??? Surely I'm at the wrong conclusion here...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well obviously another movie has already stolen the title of Avatar, but yes you are right Jesse_ I wouldn't be so quick to make judgement on a film you haven't seen yet from a director who has shown he is more than capable of creating a better than average film even with his last effort_ Even Spielberg isn't perfect_

Urgh did you just say Bra to me_? Zzz for shame_

tibs7

Smash Champion
sif zac goes for the same team as me.............shiiiiiiiiiit.
lol west coast. wtf they are so bad.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Oh, we got another Sainta's fan in the house. Haha. We all have to go to a footy match one day.

Melbourne vs Whoever imo.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Dammit Keanu Reeves, Vin Diesel and Megan Fox.

You better make this the best ****ing movie of all time or I will literally set fire to your person.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Awww.

I really hope they don't make it. They should leave a classic LEGEND alone.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and it goes without saying that vin diesal is probably the worst actor ever

Top Bottom