• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yo I want to know if the Sephiroth only coming with 2 mii costumes thing is like 100% gonna happen?
'Cause I heard some people say that it might point towards just 2 costumes or more depending on the order of the "smash news" or whatever I didn't really understand...
It was a theory based on this post:

But he then edit it as you can see on the last line and said that it's not true. Not sure what changed or what happenned.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

But he then edit it as you can see on the last line and said that it's not true. Not sure what changed or what happenned.
...Wait, so we aren't getting only two costumes now?
...The heck?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I dunno if we're getting more than two costumes or not but I am gonna be disappointed if we only get these two costumes because seeing which third parties gets to have mii costumes is usually one of the best things about the Smash presentations.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

His edit is referring to the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates not being counted on that page, and so we may only get 1 or even 0 costumes instead of 2. The thread has been discussing it for some pages since then.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The **** storm is gonna be even more real if neither of those costumes end up being Geno.

So you have lack of content for Final Fantasy again and a still missing highly requested Square character.
The ****storm isn't gonna be coming from the Geno thread at least. Because if the Geno costume isn't in this pack, they're going to assume that means Geno is going to be one of the remaining characters.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is what MondoMega said about it

OH. Right, forgot to check the news post number. It's 110.

So... what does that mean? I have no clue, actually! Since the Smash team were very unkind and never posted about Ver. 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 on the news feed, I don't actually know what news post numbers the notifcations for them occupy! The last known news post number before this one was 103, "9th Smash Art Dojo contest results!". That at most leaves six news posts between 103 and 110, with two of them likely being occupied by the notifcations for the two aforementioned updates.

Keeping in mind that for past updates the "exclusive offer" posts have been either the first or last of the batch... that seems rather small for a new update. Assuming Sephiroth shadowdrops tomorrow, meaning there would be no need for a "Planned software update" notifcation, that'd at most leave:
  • Software update available: Ver. 10.0.0
  • Sephiroth Challenger Pack now available for purchase!
  • Fighters Pass Vol. 2 available for purchase! (Content update ③)
  • (one Mii Fighter costume)
So either we're only getting the Chocobo Hat tomorrow, or the news post numbering is real funky. Fun times either way, right?
Yeah, I think we should go into this expecting the worst. Minimal amount of new spirits or music tracks, and probably only one costume in the form of Chocobo. Be pleasantly surprising if we manage to get more than that.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I genuinely can't see Geno not getting a Mii costume tonight, yet also not being planned as a fighter down the line. Though granted, I don't think he's being planned as a fighter down the line, either. Ergo... I really think he's getting a Mii costume one way or the other, quite likely an upgraded one.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well standing back with my original Mii predictions then if this is the case.

2B (Swordfighter)
Aerith (Swordfighter)
Barret Wallace (Gunner)
Chocobo hat
Geno (Gunner; Deluxe/Premium) + Beware the Mushroom Forest soundtrack
Tifa Lockhart (Brawler)

SKX31

Smash Master
I wonder what the balance patch that comes with Sephiroth will bring.

Thanks to Covid, the hive of scum and villainy that comp Smash became, and Nintendo's lawyers being Nintendo's lawyers, we haven't had much tourney data to go off of for Steve. I'm thinking his lava + TNT trick might get patched out.
I'd argue we don't have much on Byleth or Min Min either (a lot of people speculate about Min Min being really good, but we'll have to see really).

My guess would be:

• Some already strong character gets a couple small but highlighted buffs (like Ness and Sonic got last patch), to the confusion of many. Any nerfs will likely be somewhat small, or aimed at stopping common griefing / trolling tactics. I'm thinking that :ultpikachu: might get some slight nerfs to its KOing ability or maneuverability, although that's up in the air. Nintendo's patch notes will never provide detailed explanations, but the intent with the changes are understandable when one delves deeper.
  • Most of the buffs will very likely be to under-used characters, and primarily aimed at the competitive environment. I'm primarily looking at :ultjigglypuff: , :ultridley: and :ultvillager: as potential beneficiaries, although other characters might get buffs too / instead. Some buffs might be (partly) meant for FFAs, such as Final Smash buffs / changes or attacks that don't connect consistently.

* There's a 50 / 50 chance of an universal (or semi-universal) mechanics change IMHO, although what it is is up in the air.

The Lava + TNT thing could be removed, yes. Personally I don't want it to be removed since it's a fun mix up option, but I can see why it would be.

(And as an aside, the outings showed that the darker aspects had festered undetected for a while. But it did damage the competitive Smash scene's credibility, I don't doubt that.)

The "Matrix sequels bad" mindset didn't actually start until Revolutions. Reloaded was once popular enough to be the former highest-grossing R-rated movie.
Huh, all right. I did get my first impressions of Reloaded from the reviews at the time - which was somewhat divisive - and it kinda stuck with me even after watching the film, Then again, none of Reloaded's scenes did stick with me quite as much as the original's Bullet Time (although the original's was a really tough act to follow), so that might have a lot to do with it.

I dunno if we're getting more than two costumes or not but I am gonna be disappointed if we only get these two costumes because seeing which third parties gets to have mii costumes is usually one of the best things about the Smash presentations.
I'm hoping that this wave has seemingly-random third parties get Mii Costumes, even if the two previous Square-Enix characters have not featured that. Sure, my expectations for that are low... but hope ain't always logical.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yo I want to know if the Sephiroth only coming with 2 mii costumes thing is like 100% gonna happen?
'Cause I heard some people say that it might point towards just 2 costumes or more depending on the order of the "smash news" or whatever I didn't really understand...
It's going by this site: https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/index.html

Pinshadow could likely explain it better, but basically, the URLs of the images for Mii costumes, characters, and other non-tournament events are numbered. To give an example, I looked up the images around the time of Terry's release.

Exclusive online offer before Terry's release: 051
Terry released: 052
Fighters pass available: 053
Ryo costume: 054
Nakoruru costume: 055
Iori costume: 056
Akira costume: 057
Jackie costume: 058
Version 6.0.0 update: 061
Version 6.1.0 update: 065
Version 6.1.1 update: 066
Photo contest: 068
Exclusive online offer before Byleth's release: 069

(59 or 60 was likely "Version 6.0.0 coming soon", which gets removed from the site once the update actually comes out)

The latest exclusive offer is 110, and the previous numbered event is 103 (the Mario photo contest). (Steve's announcements were 102 and earlier, so the numbers aren't in chronological order) That seems to indicate that Sephiroth's announcements are number 104-109, which doesn't leave room for much if that's the case (it could be 111 and up, but then there's a big inexplicable gap between 103 and 110) - Sephiroth released, the version 10.0.0 update, and the Fighters Pass Available messages take up three of those six spots, and if there's a "Version 10.0.0 update coming soon! Your replays won't work!" notification (which there generally is), that's another spot taken up, leaving a whopping two spots for Mii costumes.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Hey look at the bright side. If it's only 1 costume it at least has a high chance of being a deluxe due to skipped spirit event.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I actually think we're getting 4 Mii costumes. Why 4 costumes you ask?

Because Mr. Roboto told me so. :yeahboi:
View attachment 295941
/s
Just to add serious context... yes. I did make a mathematical function to predict Mii Costumes. And yes, I'm calling it Mr. Roboto lol Obviously, this is just for fun, and I'm not taking Mr. Roboto it that seriously. But hey, it's just fun to think about lol.

D

Deleted member

I really don't want to believe there will only be two Mii Costumes, but if there really are...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I believe if we get a PreMiium, it most likely isn't Geno.

I think they would go for someone like 2B or Hollow Knight for PreeMiiums.

Which means a Square character from a different series, or some other third party, maybe an indie.

I just believe that Geno will be a Mii costume, but not a PreeMiium.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Which means a Square character from a different series, or some other third party, maybe an indie.

2B probably isn't a great Mii Costume choice since the, ah, "appeal" of the character wouldn't really translate.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
pinshadow pinshadow also said to disregard his findings, so
Not True, what happened was MondoMega MondoMega realized there were actually two posts I forgot about for the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates. Because of that, it seemingly means that all of Sephiroth's Posts are coming between 106 and 109, which implies he's both getting shadowdropped today and coming with one Mii Costume, or coming with no Mii Costume at all if he isn't out today. It seems way too little, there's no way they would do that, but there's literally nothing else that would fill that four post gap than a batch of update posts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2B probably isn't a great Mii Costume choice since the, ah, "appeal" of the character wouldn't really translate.
I mean its a Mii Costume, not a character or an animated stage being.

They could easily censor it. They have censored characters in the past, like female Corrin and Bayonetta. And considering it is a Mii Costume, it is far easier to do so.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

You realize that the goal of a PreeMiiums is that the mii 100% look like the character right?
How in your right mind you have a Mii get the hum...Quite surprising physicial feats of 2B.

Alongside not gettting censored by the meanie at CERO

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
The presentation's 35 minutes I'm not sure if they can go through the whole thing just talking about moveset and stage. I suppose if Sephiroth is complicated it could be reasonable but Steve's was 45 minutes and had whole new gameplay mechanics and Mii costumes to talk about.

We will see I feel like there will be something extra to talk about at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom