• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I hope Geno gets a deluxe Mii costume; he deserves that if nothing else. That said, I'd rather he just get his old bog-standard costume then no Mii costume at all, because I cannot take this facet of the speculation sphere anymore.
Hear hear. Now would be the perfect opportunity for something to happen regarding Geno, and I'd hate for it toe be tippy-toed around leaving everyone in the dark. Again. Still.

Though I'm kinda in the mindset that if Geno does not appear as a costume or otherwise today, it'll definitely raise some eyebrows regarding his playable status. For better or for worse.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
the difference between licensing music + spirits and licensing mii costumes seems enough reason for square to have a full set of FF mii costumes. they don't get more money for giving out more songs, but they DO get more money for selling more costumes. unless they have to pay the original designers more money than each costume makes or something ridiculous like that i can't see them deciding to only have two while also not allowing other mii costumes in the same set.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Mii Costume wave associated with Cloud in Smash For just... Chocobo hat and Geno outfit and nothing else? And then they had the damn stones to call it a "wave".

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
For Mii costumes, my bet is:

Barret (Gunner)
Tifa (Brawler)
^both meant to resemble their blocky overworld designs from FFVII

Some other FF protag; probably Terra and/or Noctis (Swordfighter)

Geno (Gunner, this time with a better helmet, possibly a SMRPG song to go with it)

A stretch here but: Shovel Knight Swordfighter with "Strike the Earth"

and

of course

chocobo

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Mii Costume wave associated with Cloud in Smash For just... Chocobo hat and Geno outfit and nothing else? And then they had the damn stones to call it a "wave".
Yeah lol. This time the only new Costumes I'm expecting are an Updated Geno and a Lara Croft Swordfighter. Maybe a Squall Swordfighter if we're lucky who knows.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
To be fair, Smash 4 mii costumes were randomlu sparce and shouldn't be taken as an exemple of "waves"
Ryu only came with Heihachi/Jacky/Akira didn't he?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Has there been any indication that we're getting any FF7 costumes? It is a logical conclusion given the fighter in question, but I was curious if there'd been anything specifically suggesting it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, I remember Smash 4 Mii costume being not that consistent, wasn't K.Roll costume revealed quite in advance? Or like without a fighter to accompany it?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh right, time for a little game.
What do you think will be Sephiroth internal name?

Remember, Joker was Jack with Arsene being Doyle, Hero was Brave, Banjo Buddy, and Terry was Dolly irc, I forgot was were Steve/Minmin and Byleth

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Tbh, having only two Mii Costumes from SE and the rest filled with other returning costumes (like Tales or MH) is a possibility in my eyes. Not one I'd like or the most likely one, but it's there.

Hopefully not - costumes, at this point, are probably the safest bet for representing other FF games and it would be a shame if we didn't get ANY nod at all to them - Persona and Dragon Quest did it, in spite of their content being focused on a single series entry.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh right, time for a little game.
What do you think will be Sephiroth internal name?

Remember, Joker was Jack with Arsene being Doyle, Hero was Brave, Banjo Buddy, and Terry was Dolly irc, I forgot was were Steve/Minmin and Byleth
Iirc, Byleth was "master", Min Min was "tantan", and Steve was "pickel"

anyways, as for Sephiroth, I'm thinkimg something along the lines of either "mother", "angel", or "deity"

Last edited:

UndonePuzzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfLayton001
Predictions for Mii Costumes:

Tifa, Garret, Geno, Chocobo, and then...

Either 2B or Hollow Knight
A Hollow Knight Mii costume would be a lovely surprise!
Chocobo is a guarantee. Tifa and Barret might come at a later date, they're lock-ins but the costumes in these presentations aren't usually from the same game.
But even if there's no Geno, I wouldn't read it as confirmation they're a fighter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I doubt Geno will get in now that Sephiroth's in. I know, I know, some **** regarding fan rules and "just because we never got two squares/companies in one pack doesn't mean it wont happen" but I'll just be so disappointed if that's the case. Show some spotlight to others, y'know?

If he doesn't end up being a costume I'd say it's foolish to find hope in that. I guess he just wasn't shown the love. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Iirc, Byleth was "master", Min Min was "tantan", and Steve was "pickel"

anyways, as for Sephiroth, I'm thinkimg something along the lines of either "mother", "angel", or "deity"
Apparently, "pickel" is close to being Japanese for "pickaxe".

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Hear hear. Now would be the perfect opportunity for something to happen regarding Geno, and I'd hate for it toe be tippy-toed around leaving everyone in the dark. Again. Still.

Though I'm kinda in the mindset that if Geno does not appear as a costume or otherwise today, it'll definitely raise some eyebrows regarding his playable status. For better or for worse.
Yeah, unfortunately if he doesn't appear as a costume today it still doesn't really tell us anything, since it's entirely possible that the SSB4 costume could have not performed well & thus prompted Nintendo not to bring it back.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I honestly think it's also possible that they're just dragging out Geno's outfit to like the last wave as a means to keep peoples' hopes up and remain invested. Speculation is free advertisement after all.

It's basically more or less what they did with Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, etc in the base game. Their assist trophies weren't shown off until the very end.

Last edited:

Gitaroo

Smash Cadet
I hope Vincent's given a fun playstyle if/when he appears in FF7 Remake Series. He's a cool character but man does his gimmick make me never want to actually use him in FF7 on purpose over anyone else.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Everyone talking about Barret Mii gunner outfit, but what about Vincent Valentine? He's probably the most popular secondary character in the game.
He is quite popular, but I feel like he is less than Barrett, Tifa and Aerith. It doesn't help that he's not in the remake for now.

Personally my mii costume prediction is:
Barett (Gunner)
Tifa (brawler)
Warrior of light (swordfighter)
Terra (swordfighter)
Chocobo (Hat)
Geno (Gunner)

I could see 2B happening, but I feel that we're just going to have FF stuff + Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom