• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Random thought: Silent Hill's whole deal is that it's ironically trying to help people through their trauma by scaring the ever loving poop out of them through symbolic nightmare monsters right? So what if a Silent Hill stage changed depending on who was on it? I think they'd have a lot of fun with such an idea.

I'm not sure they'd go as far as design entirely new monsters for a single stage, but the possibilities are intriguing...

Shroob

Sup?
Something like that

Pretty much in the Game's Data, There's numbering sections for Spirit Board, Tournament, and Releases for DLC, Patches, Mii costumes, etc

For the Release Numbering, it was used last time to guess that FP7 (Steve wasn't revealed at the time) would have 6 Costumes, because between the last Release note and a Recent one that skipped Posts, it was determined there were slots for 6 Costumes

The same thing was datamined for Sephiroth's Pack, and it looks like there be Around 1 Mii Costume
But as others have pointed out, if Sephiroth doesn't drop tomorrow, then there's 0 costumes.

So we have a huge conundrum.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So basically,
The website was datamined like with Steve, and there's only one costume.
However, if Sephiroth isn't shadowdropped tomorrow, there isn't any Mii Costume at all?

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Everything falls into place if you assume that the Miis are listed AFTER notification 110.

106: Version 10.0 Coming Soon
107: Version 10.0 Available Now
108: Sephiroth Challenger Pack Available Now
109: Fighter Pass Vol. 2 Available for Purchase (Content Update 3)
110: Exclusive Offer Spirit Board 7
111-???: Mii Fighters.

I think it would be the first time the Fighter and Miis had a number gap between them, but it could happen.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Welp, I'm goin' to bed. Hopefully this crazy mess of info will get sorted by the time I hop back on tomorrow, but if not, then hoooooo boy is tomorrow evening gonna be somethin' special.

I feel like no matter how this goes down, this is gonna be one of, if not the most memorable character showcases Sakurai's done just because of the circumstances and implications.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Something like that

Pretty much in the Game's Data, There's numbering sections for Spirit Board, Tournament, and Releases for DLC, Patches, Mii costumes, etc

For the Release Numbering, it was used last time to guess that FP7 (Steve wasn't revealed at the time) would have 6 Costumes, because between the last Release note and a Recent one that skipped Posts, it was determined there were slots for 6 Costumes

The same thing was datamined for Sephiroth's Pack, and it looks like there be Around 1 Mii Costume
Thank you.

Can this datemine method be used to determine music? Right now, I just really want a lot of FF7 music.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
One other thing I would like to note regarding the possibility of a shadowdrop with one costume:

This idea comes from the assumption that the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates are filling a slot even though they are absent from the website so we cannot observe them filling said slot. All previous X.X.1/2 updates are on the website and do have a slot assigned to them. So we are either looking at a scenario where there are two phantom push notifications of an unknown digit, or (more likely, IMO) Nintendo has changed their system since 6.1.1 (the last X.X.1 update) and no longer keeps them on their website or assigns them a digit.

Which would leave us with the scenario of Sephiroth not shadowdropping and arriving with two Mii costumes. Which, IMO, sounds far more plausible.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
No, that's impossible to determine since music doesn't have any pop ups in game.
Just caught up with the thread.

Can't say I fully 100% understand the "if Sephiroth doesn't drop tomorrow then there'll be 0 costumes" point since it's too hot to think straight here.

Thanks anyway. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow morning.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Saw some people talking about a new Mother rep a few pages ago...

I must say, I'd be disappointed if Ninten were to get in over Porky. I've played Mother 1 thoroughly, and I understand Ninten would have differences in his moveset. I'd just rather they explore some more interesting characters than another psychic child who is as silent protagonist as one can get (even Ness had more of a personality in my opinion).

My top choice would be Porky, but what about my man Duster? Clearly a pipe dream, but seriously, he's got a whole unique moveset in Mother 3 since he's not a PSI user. The thief tool abilities. He also only kicks. And I guess he could also use Rope Snake too, since it's his anyways

Duster is the only character who doesn't have a 3D model out of the main cast (minus the Mother 1 crew). Jeff has an assist trophy so he makes up for not being in Ness' final smash, but Duster is MIA. Couldn't even catch a break with an assist trophy.

We need Duster.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Personally, I would be disappointed if Sephiroth doesn't drop on the anniversary./birthday of FF.

I actually hope he does drop tomorrow.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I can't help but find the whole datamine thing rather iffy. After so many solid batches of costumes, I find it hard to believe Nintendo will just go their way to only drop a single Mii later, it's not like they haven't done batches with characters completely unrelated to the main DLC before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Imagine this - The presentation starts with Sakurai talking about Sephiroth for about a minute before he says "but I now what you're really here for, let's see the mii costumes!". A trailer starts to play, and a single Mii Brawler in a Chocobo hat runs on screen. The trailer ends.

Sakurai then spends the next 33-34 minutes of the presentation talking about the history of the Chocobo and how its legacy on the world of gaming, before ending the presentation with a reveal that the Chocobo hat is getting its own amiibo.

How would you react?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine this - The presentation starts with Sakurai talking about Sephiroth for about a minute before he says "but I now what you're really here for, let's see the mii costumes!". A trailer starts to play, and a single Mii Brawler in a Chocobo hat runs on screen. The trailer ends.

Sakurai then spends the next 33-34 minutes of the presentation talking about the history of the Chocobo and how its legacy on the world of gaming, before ending the presentation with a reveal that the Chocobo hat is getting its own amiibo.

How would you react?
Does it at least come with Electric de Chocobo?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Noble Nine | Board 8 Wiki | Fandom

With Sephiroth Added, Apparently Only Crono is Left for this Highly Elite subset of characters to have a Presense in smash
Hey man. I ****ing LOVE Chrono Trigger. But Crono is not in the same tier as those other 8...

Character I dislike = Shill
Character I like = Not Shill
:4pacman:
Not if they got literally nothing to promote.

Like, no matter how much someone might dislike Banjo, they can't claim he was a shill pick.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I have no idea if the presentation tommorow is gonna be super continental or have stuff like a Geno Deluxe costume and announce more DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah... I got nothin' on what's gonna happen tomorrow.

2 Mii costumes?

1 Mii costume?

0?

Are we actually just getting a full wave and the data is being read incorrectly?

Christ I don't know.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Out of curiosity, how many on here buy the mii costumes and actually use them?
I've bought Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy and Creeper. They get used every now and then.

Staarih

Smash Master
I've bought them all mostly for completion's sake haha. But what I've done is I've uploaded a solid-looking Mii for each costume from the ones in shared content/online, so whenever I have the urge to play as Mii Fighter, I have all the options ready.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can see a scenario where we get 2 costumes. It'd be lame but... eh.

I cannot see a scenario where we get 1 or 0 costumes.

That would be kinda awful.

That said, if we only get one costume, its near guaranteed to be Chocobo. And Geno is probably in as a character.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
In Ultimate, I bought Nakoruru, Bomberman, and Diamond Armor. (In Smash 4, I bought Business Suit, Viridi, and Fox, although all three of those are base game in Ultimate.)

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
One other thing I would like to note regarding the possibility of a shadowdrop with one costume:

This idea comes from the assumption that the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 updates are filling a slot even though they are absent from the website so we cannot observe them filling said slot. All previous X.X.1/2 updates are on the website and do have a slot assigned to them. So we are either looking at a scenario where there are two phantom push notifications of an unknown digit, or (more likely, IMO) Nintendo has changed their system since 6.1.1 (the last X.X.1 update) and no longer keeps them on their website or assigns them a digit.

Which would leave us with the scenario of Sephiroth not shadowdropping and arriving with two Mii costumes. Which, IMO, sounds far more plausible.
Very unlikely.

The "Planned software update" notifcations and "Software update available" news posts have seperate numbers from each other; this has been the case for all of Ultimate's life so far. Any in-game notifcation that appears when starting up the game has a news post number; and while it was possible to check them in the past, I don't believe that can be done anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom