• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, this does give more hope for a bonus Geno fighter, but he won't be in this presentation either way. That we know for a fact.

Wouldn't complain, though. I like more fighter options~

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well there's the possibility there's actually a FP3 coming and Nintendo managed to negotiate for 3 SE characters and Geno or his mii costume will be in Volume 3.

But right now we just don't know what's going with CP8.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Wow, I haven't been in here all day. We went through eight whole pages while I was gone. Did any important discussion happen?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If Sephiroth isn't shadowdropped tomorrow, that would mean we get 0 Mii Costumes by this theory's logic, because there'd be no room in the news posts for their announcement.
No it would just mean that the Mii Costume announcements aren't on the current patch like they were before Steve dropped and the observation is just moot.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No matter what, Chicobo should be released alongside Sephiroth. There's no reason for it not to.

If that doesn't happen and we get no costumes at all, I'd just assume there probably aren’t any SE Mii costumes in this pass.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No it would just mean that the Mii Costume announcements aren't on the current patch like they were before Steve dropped and the observation is just moot.
That actually sounds a lot more believable than 1 costume, honestly.

Like, I'm still predicting 4-6 myself, but my predictions are rarely right anyway, so take that as you will.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Honestly, there's something very strange going on here.
IMO it's either:

Sephiroth is dropping tomorrow and we're about to see the smallest new fighter update yet.

Or he's dropping on the weekend, which allows an update approaching notice to negate all of this.

I don't think they're gonna drop him on Christmas.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Wasn't there a post here a while back detailing Maximilian Dood's reaction to Sephiroth's reveal, and one of the things he said was "Final Fantasy VII characters are expensive to license due to how popular they are"?
This makes me wonder if it was expensive to have the FF7 characters just as mii costumes?

I know FF music is a licensing nightmare, but is it the same for every FF character themselves?
This is what worries me.

Please be generous with the music this time please SE.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
So Sephiroth Might only have 2 Mii costumes (or 3 if he gets no warning for Release

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior | Page 3674 | Smashboards

Pretty much Pinshadow looked at Promotion numbers, and disregarding the usual Messages that show up with any DLC Character, There's only 2 Slots for Mii Costumes

This was used to Predict that there were 6 Mii Costumes with Steve. I might have to go find that post to give this post more cred

But Sephiroth only might have 2 Costumes. YES
Which is good news for Sora, Neku, Crono, Lara, 2B, most any SE rep one could think of.

Might still bode poorly for Geno, since him being a returning costume means there's a good chance he'll take the second spot here.

But, while there are very few guarantees when it comes to Smash, I'd say the first costume spot is damn near guaranteed to be Chocobo. I'll be shocked if the Chocobo costume doesn't return.

Shroob

Sup?
I went to bed early last night and there's 9 pages, someone give me a TLDR.

Also I'm pretending I can wait for Sephy's presentation but on the inside I'm all MI FILI VENI VENI VENI MI FILI
tl;dr

We don't ****ing know

Some data came to light that there's anywhere between 2, to 1, to 0 ****ing Mii costumes with Seph, or maybe it's faulty? We got no idea.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Also I'm pretending I can wait for Sephy's presentation but on the inside I'm all MI FILI VENI VENI VENI MI FILI
TL;DR Possibly only 2 Mii Costumes with Sephiroth tomorrow. Results inconclusive, but it's the most likely scenario we can draw from the current evidence.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

That's been me ever since Sephi's reveal. Stupid Sephi having probably the best villain theme in all of gaming

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tl;dr

We don't ****ing know

Some data came to light that there's anywhere between 2, to 1, to 0 ****ing Mii costumes with Seph, or maybe it's faulty? We got no idea.
TL;DR Possibly only 2 Mii Costumes with Sephiroth tomorrow. Results inconclusive, but it's the most likely scenario we can draw from the current evidence.
Did they check the music files by accident or something? Damn. Also speaking of datamines I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Sephy's codename is Mother

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did they check the music files by accident or something? Damn. Also speaking of codenames I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Sephy's codename is Mother
Basically, each news post that comes out for Smash (**** like "Challenger Pack 8 now available!" and "Version 10.0.0 now live") has a number associated with it on the section of the official Smash website where all the news posts are stored.

By examining those numbers and seeing how many slots are currently unused, we can determine how many Mii Costumes a new fighter is coming with. This method was used for Steve, and it was correct in saying that he would come with 6 Mii Costumes.

We've applied the same method to Sephiroth, and signs point to him only coming with 2 Mii Costumes.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, it's on the official website, and it lead to accurate Steve info.

The question is, why does it seem soo strange this time?
Wait, he's still alive?
How durable is he?!?
How durable am I?
Questions for later...

So there's a scenario where there's 2 costumes

There's a scenario where there's 1 costume

And if Sephiroth doesn't drop that day, there's a scenario where there's 0 costumes.

What the ****
My guess would be that Sephiroth doesn't drop tomorrow, and the costume alerts aren't on the current version.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
So either Sephiroth gets shadow dropped tomorrow or we are getting no Mii costumes? I'm not sure I buy it. I'm not saying the information is being read incorrectly, rather I assume there must be something off with the information.

Just yesterday we had the tweet about how Sephiroth would be released by the end of December. Now, that could be anytime in December but it seems like you wouldn't tweet that if it was shadowdropping in the Sakurai Presents, you would instead tweet about the Sakurai Presents to get as many eyes on it as possible.

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, he's still alive?
How durable is he?!?
How durable am I?
Questions for later...

My guess would be that Sephiroth doesn't drop tomorrow, and the costume alerts aren't on the current version.
Honestly?

I just don't see a world where there's only a single, solitary costume, or no costume at all. I have to imagine this is what's going on here.

Imagine, every presentation so far, we've had the Mii costume segment, and this one is just, "By the way, the Chocobo costume that appeared in Smash 4 is also making a return."

Something is very, very off here.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well if the Posts aren't for Sephiroth's Update and Pack, that would mean that there is just a Skip in the Post Numbering for no reason it seems, so it's pretty weird in all Fronts

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Okay so there's been an Update

We might not get just 2 Mii Costumes......

We Might just get only 1 Mii costume

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior | Page 3676 | Smashboards

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior | Page 3676 | Smashboards

Pretty much the 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 Update posts were fogotten to be Included, so that would mean there's only 4 Spots for Posts,

This implies only One Mii Costume. It also Implies that Sephiroth will be Shadowdropped on the Same day also since the "Update is coming Post" has to be factored out otherwise there be no Mii costume

It's weird
Heat here is terrible and my brain isn't functioning.

I'm not sure I'm getting it, but I'm guessing these were datamined and slots were revealed or something?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I will say

If we somehow do get one costume, the montage thing at the end showcasing all the featured Miis in the wave is gonna look really pitiful lol
I mean, they could get away with it if they give the Mii a special trailer and make it feel like a character reveal. It'd work with a PreMiium.

...Which parodies Geno's reveal back in 4 again now that I'm thinking about it, 'cause that thing got it's own mini-trailer and segment.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, they could get away with it if they give the Mii a special trailer and makes it feel like a character reveal. It'd work with a PreMiium.

...Which parodies Geno's reveal back in 4 again now that I'm thinking about it, 'cause that thing got it's own mini-trailer and segment.
But then... where is Chocobo...? Unless....

7NATOR

Smash Master
Heat here is terrible and my brain isn't functioning.

I'm not sure I'm getting it, but I'm guessing these were datamined and slots were revealed or something?
Something like that

Pretty much in the Game's Data, There's numbering sections for Spirit Board, Tournament, and Releases for DLC, Patches, Mii costumes, etc

For the Release Numbering, it was used last time to guess that FP7 (Steve wasn't revealed at the time) would have 6 Costumes, because between the last Release note and a Recent one that skipped Posts, it was determined there were slots for 6 Costumes

The same thing was datamined for Sephiroth's Pack, and it looks like there be Around 1 Mii Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom