• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
By the Way guys, Can you guys help me out with something?

I'm trying to do Some Smash Theory Crafting, and I want your guys opinions. Who do you think is the most likely of these 6?

-Five Nights a Freddy's Character
-Monokuma (Danganronpa)
-Apex Legends Character
-Xenoblade Character (Elma or Rex probably)
-Dragalia Lost or Granblue Character
-Fortnite Jonsey

From a Glance, it seems none of these characters have nothing in Common (and Technically, more than 1 of these can be playable in FP2), but it's important for my Smash Theory Crafting I get all sorts of opinions and such. Perhaps it could steer me in a direction I might not see

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
But isn't Estelle's Staff kinda similar looking to Aerith's Staff (disregarding the Different Colors)

Like I will acknowledge that Estelle's Bo Staff has different Properties from Aerith's Magical Staff, but at the end of the day, a Staff is a Staff

It's like how Travis's Lightsaber has different properties from Gil's regular sword, but they both were in Steve's Pack because Blue sword
I get that Sephiroth has stupid range but this is just reaching.
Also:
It's like how Travis's Lightsaber has different properties from Gil's regular sword, but they both were in Steve's Pack because Blue sword
Was this ever stated?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I'm trying to do Some Smash Theory Crafting, and I want your guys opinions. Who do you think is the most likely of these 5?

-Monokuma (Danganronpa)
-Apex Legends Character

From a Glance, it seems none of these characters have nothing in Common (and Technically, more than 1 of these can be playable in FP2), but it's important for my Smash Theory Crafting I get all sorts of opinions and such. Perhaps it could steer me in a direction I might not see
From likeliest to least, Xenoblade -> Monokuma -> Apex = Cygames -> Freddy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I also want standalone stages. We only got 3 stages in Ultimate that weren't added because of a character, I'd like to see that number grow.
Zebes. Pac-Maze. A modified version of the DKReturns stage. Rainbow Road.....I really miss that one.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well while there may be differences, a Staff is a Staff. Yes
But isn't Estelle's Staff kinda similar looking to Aerith's Staff (disregarding the Different Colors)

Like I will acknowledge that Estelle's Bo Staff has different Properties from Aerith's Magical Staff, but at the end of the day, a Staff is a Staff

Even then, You are Using Estelle Bright who's whole job is to whack people and monsters with a giant stick as an Aerith Expy, Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense and that is where Estelle from Tales of Vesperia comes in who closer to Aerith than Estelle

The blue sword thing is just you looking way to hard into things, I think it was purely coincidental.

These are the 2 staffs side-by-side, The only thing they seem to have in common is Metal (As a Mii costume this wouldn't make a difference but you were specifically comparing the 2)

I'm trying to do Some Smash Theory Crafting, and I want your guys opinions. Who do you think is the most likely of these 6?

-Monokuma (Danganronpa)
-Apex Legends Character
-Fortnite Jonsey

Ordered from most to least likely IMO
-Xenoblade
-Cygames
-Danganronpa
-Fortnite
-Apex
-Fnaf

The last 2 seem highly unlikely.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Wanted to get everyones opinion on this.

So iv thought about it more, and it seems less and less likely that Sora will be a Mii costume, like many people seem to be speculating. A lot of people have stated that the reason Sora is not in Smash is due to difficulty negotiating with Disney and because Disney wanted more money. If thats true, it makes no sense that Disney and Nintendo would settle for a Mii costume.

We have to keep in mind Disney can be reasoned with, when it's beneficial to them. Look at how many characters that are arguably more important to Disney than Sora, are in Fortnite. Disney practically allowed all Marvel characters to be in Fortnite, they are allowing the Mandolorian and the child in Fortnite, Star Wars characters in Fortnite, Wreck it Ralph cameo in Fortnite and in Sonic & All Stars Racing. Also there is a Black Panther costume for Armor King in Tekken 7. Also Disney allowed Nintendo to have exclusivity to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

So what we have here is clear cases where Disney can be negotiated with, with characters that are arguably way more important to them. So it doesn't make sense they would settle for a Mii costume when they would prefer him as a character. I can see what Disney would want the most is the cross promotion and seeing that Disney logo at the end credits with the other gaming companies. I really do think someone else will be the premier mii costume for this Thursday's Sakurai's presents.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know what'd be a cool Mii outfit? A Monika swordfighter, her "sword" being an oversized pen. Considering Dan Salvato's past work, it'd be a fantastic way to give a nod to the long-running underground side of the Smash community without doing so in a direct enough way to draw the ire of the Big N.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I get that Sephiroth has stupid range but this is just reaching.
Also:

Was this ever stated?
It's not official confirmation, but it's just an observation, since Diamond Armor, Gil, and Travis all have Blue Swords

This also isn't the only instance of Pattern in Mii costumes. Fighting game costume Pattern is a thing for example (it was how I was thinking we get Heihachi with Min-Min)

Even then, You are Using Estelle Bright who's whole job is to whack people and monsters with a giant stick as an Aerith Expy, Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense and that is where Estelle from Tales of Vesperia comes in who closer to Aerith than Estelle

The blue sword thing is just you looking way to hard into things, I think it was purely coincidental.

These are the 2 staffs side-by-side, The only thing they seem to have in common is Metal (As a Mii costume this wouldn't make a difference but you were specifically comparing the 2)

Ordered from most to least likely IMO
-Xenoblade
-Cygames
-Danganronpa
-Fortnite
-Apex
-Fnaf

The last 2 seem highly unlikely.
I was just talking from Mii Costume Perspective though, not in terms of lore and such

Also It's kind of Crazy, But actually, I was thinking Apex and FNAF Might be the most likely Franchises to get characters of this list before I asked the question, but I think Danganronpa is up there as well.

and Also Personally, I was thinking Xenoblade is the less likely option on this list to be honest after Sephiroth. That's just me though

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Black Mage would be a very good premium costume.
I've always been surprised they couldn't at the very least get all the generic Final Fantasy characters from Mario Sports Mix in as Mii Fighter outfits. You think that if they could've gotten them in one spin off (and a much smaller one at that), Smash wouldn't be a problem. They probably wouldn't even be that expensive either compared to the non generic FF characters.

Final Fantasy characters in Mario hoops 3 on 3 - a photo on Flickriver

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well, what's the connection between Byleth and their wave of outfits then? :smirk:
Byleth whole thing is the Weapon Triangle with the Bow, Spear/Lance, and Axe. even her DLC Tournament is based of this

Some Training, Professor? - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

So Her Pack as all Mii types in it

Brawler: Rabbids (Okay granted it's an hat, but it fits)
Swordfighter: Atlair
Gunner: .EXE, X, and Cuphead

Terry's Wave did not have Gunners, so it's possible for Mii Waves to not have all Mii Types. Yes

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I want standalone stages because unlike a fighter, that's a very reasonable spot for LSD Dream Emulator to have a bit of representation.
Dang, first wanting Madotsuki and now this? What are you, some kinda dream enthusiast?

I kid, I kid. Honestly, an LSDDE stage would be interesting. I can't support it, though, because I think it's the most frightening game ever made.

...Okay, mild exaggeration, on both not wanting it and the "scariest game" part. I do think it's in a weird spot, though; I think it'd be bizarre to see the environments of LSDDE in HD, and with music playing, and action-packed gameplay with smoothly-animated characters. I feel it might lose something in the middle of that. On the other hand, it would be kind of rad to see these environments treated "normally".

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah that Firox guy is an emotional train wreck who cant debate without degrading someone.
Says the condescending train wreck that doesn't even bother debating, but rather degrading someone. Seriously, does it ever hurt being a walking ball of hypocrisy?

7NATOR

Smash Master
GGs, I'm not even sure where this theory was supposed to be going, but there's your GGs. Time to go home.
GG's as in Good, or GG's as in Bad?

It doesn't fit if it's just a hat.
But My Theory though... My Theory Crafting

Okay if you don't want to count Byleth, That's alright. But I do think there is more to how the Miis are Placed than people Expect. The people that make the Mii costumes, Sakurai, all the Planners, etc have alot of time to think about how everything is set and Placed

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, Speaking of Mii Crafting theory, I think if Ryu is Missing from this DLC Wave (because he uses a Katana like Sephiroth), I might lean towards getting a Ninja-like Character in the Pass, whether it's

Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Wraith

This will also impact some of the theory crafting. However if Ryu shows up, Well then that's something that needs to be explored a little more I guess

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
the most frightening game ever made.
It's certainly not something the mind awake could hope to think up. And to that end, Mr. Sato couldn't have done it alone, merely adapting "Lovely Sweet Dream", a dream journal maintained by Hiroko Nishikawa for a decade.

What are you, some kinda dream enthusiast?
No joke to be made here, I certainly am! :070:

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Okay if you don't want to count Byleth, That's alright. But I do think there is more to how the Miis are Placed than people Expect. The people that make the Mii costumes, Sakurai, all the Planners, etc have alot of time to think about how everything is set and Placed

In any case, Speaking of Mii Crafting theory, I think if Ryu is Missing from this DLC Wave (because he uses a Katana like Sephiroth), I might lean towards getting a Ninja-like Character in the Pass, whether it's

Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Wraith

This will also impact some of the theory crafting. However if Ryu shows up, Well then that's something that needs to be explored a little more I guess
As someone who does think there is a good bit of logic to the Mii Costumes and who they come with, this is reaaaaaaaally stretching it. Generally they just go with basic theming like the companies or the genre, and it's pretty obvious when that is the case, and when they just throw costumes with whoever.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Wraith

If it wasn't for the extreme closeness of Koei Tecmo and Nintendo, I wouldve agreed for Ryu Hayabusa being a Mii costume. Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are practically joined at the hip at this point. Not to mention Koei Tecmo has an Assist trophy in Smash and is mentioned in the credits, but has no playable character in Smash. I will be extremely shocked if Koei Tecmo does not get a rep this Fighter Pass.

Edit: Also while Ryu Hayabusa is famous for his dragon sword. He is a literal walking arsenal, he uses ninjutusu spells, bo staffs, scythes, claws, spears, kusuragima, shuriken, bows, etc. So while he is a swordsman, he definitely does not fit the swordsman stereotype. Really don't think he's missing because he uses a sword. :)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Maybe you're right, but if they really are planning things out in a specific way, I'm pretty sure they can come up with better than "blue swords"

7NATOR

Smash Master
As someone who does think there is a good bit of logic to the Mii Costumes and who they come with, this is reaaaaaaaally stretching it. Generally they just go with basic theming like the companies or the genre, and it's pretty obvious when that is the case, and when they just throw costumes with whoever.
Oh yeah, I'll acknowledge that alot of this is a Stretch

doesn't mean it isn't true, but it doesn't mean it isn't false. But I do know that alot of this Theory crafting is Kinda Out there. Though I think it's still interesting to do, to Train my Mind and look at potential signs to come to certain inclusions I might not have if I were doing things Normally

For Example, My Tourney theory that involves the 2010's Tourney not being a thing yet is One of the Reasons that My Eyes are looking closer to a Five Nights at Freddy's character as a legit option, and not just as a Mii Costume. It's the Same deal with Monokuma as well, as I wasn't paying that much attention to him either

and no, The 2010's Tourney not being a thing is not the Reason I'm starting to potentially take a FNAF Character and Monokuma Seriously. It just makes my Eyes open to the possiblity and look at their merits, from which I can make my Own Conclusions, compare them to other characters and weight the pros and cons, and Keep Speculating and Theory Crafting to perhaps come to a Conclusion that might end with me getting a character right, and such like that

Maybe you're right, but if they really are planning things out in a specific way, I'm pretty sure they can come up with better than "blue swords"
That's why Bomberman was also there. The Contrast between Bomberman's Destructive Nature and Steve's Creative nature is Poetic in a Way, and Amazing in Execution, Especially since Bomberman is the Premium Costume, so more attention is payed to this conncection

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A big whacky stick is not the same as a magical focal point.
Well...it can be. It just typically isn't because wizards aren't allows to be good at whacking.

-Monokuma (Danganronpa)
-Apex Legends Character
-Fortnite Jonsey
That's...quite the selection. I guess it's something like:
  • Granblue Fantasy/Daganronpa-Both are decent choices for Nintendo to go for, though there's no evidence to suggest that they would.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles-While Rex isn't on the table, there are still characters that they could draw from Xenoblade Chronicles, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that would make sense, such as Mythra, Lora and/or Jin, and...pretty much any Xenoblade Chronicles party member. Poor Elma has to wait for the next game and hope Xenoblade Chronicles X is a thing around considerations for it for her to get a shot though.
  • Fortnite-In the now, Fortnite is a pretty big game to add. Though, since breakout hits don't tend to get characters like this unless they're 1st party, I wouldn't expect to see anything one just yet.
  • Apex Legends-If Fortnite isn't likely, I don't think Fortnite's awkward cousin would get in at all.
  • Dragalia Lost-I think this game's future is too shakey for Nintendo to want to advertise it with a character.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's-Since it's an indie series, it gets costume duty if it gets anything at all, and honestly, I wouldn't really expect anything to come from this series.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Nah fam, the Chocobo stans deserve what's coming to them /s
While that was funny, you spelled "Chocobros" wrong.

That's why Bomberman was also there. The Contrast between Bomberman's Destructive Nature and Steve's Creative nature is Poetic in a Way, and Amazing in Execution, Especially since Bomberman is the Premium Costume, so more attention is payed to this conncection
Or maybe the connection, if there is any, is to the TNT blocks?

Doesn't have to be some deep philosophical stuff in order to make sense, so you're probably overthinking this.

Also, for Gil, it's probably not "blue sword", but the basic idea of having an armor ready for an adventure.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well...it can be. It just typically isn't because wizards aren't allows to be good at whacking.

• Granblue Fantasy/Daganronpa-Both are decent choices for Nintendo to go for, though there's no evidence to suggest that they would.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles-While Rex isn't on the table, there are still characters that they could draw from Xenoblade Chronicles, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that would make sense, such as Mythra, Lora and/or Jin, and...pretty much any Xenoblade Chronicles party member. Poor Elma has to wait for the next game and hope Xenoblade Chronicles X is a thing around considerations for it for her to get a shot though.
  • Fortnite-In the now, Fortnite is a pretty big game to add. Though, since breakout hits don't tend to get characters like this unless they're 1st party, I wouldn't expect to see anything one just yet.
  • Apex Legends-If Fortnite isn't likely, I don't think Fortnite's awkward cousin would get in at all.
  • Dragalia Lost-I think this game's future is too shakey for Nintendo to want to advertise it with a character.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's-Since it's an indie series, it gets costume duty if it gets anything at all, and honestly, I wouldn't really expect anything to come from this series.
As like the one Granblue stan here, I seriously doubt we'll see anything Cygames related in Smash, be it Spirit or Mii. Hell, Granblue Project Re:Link is confirmed to be PS4/PS5 exclusive as of last night.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Or maybe the connection, if there is any, is to the TNT blocks?

Doesn't have to be some deep philosophical stuff in order to make sense, so you're probably overthinking this.

Also, for Gil, it's probably not "blue sword", but the basic idea of having an armor ready for an adventure.
To be Honest, I didn't even think of the TNT Block at all when considering the Connection between Bomberman and Steve

and the Armor thing with Gil as well, I thought it involved the Treasure collecting Aspect, being close to how you collect Minerals in Minecraft

I Considered Elma because she still is Prominent character in Xenoblade Series (she did get her own DLC Trailer in Xenoblade 2), doesn't have Costume like Rex (and there was no X Music in game at all), and other stuff.

There are some Reasons for Apex over Fortnite

-Main Reason is EA. Pretty much trying to get a Closer connection to EA to get them to take the Switch more Seriously. EA Games sell like Hotcakes, so getting them as a Main partner is Advantageous for Nintendo. there's also a Link between Nintendo and EA in Doug Bowser

-Pretty much Apex in Smash would benefit EA becauae it brings more attention towards Apex and Respawn and such like that. On Nintendo's Side, they get a Relation boost with EA, and they also Appeal to the Battle Royale/Hardcore Shooter Crowd as well

-Remember that this EA was/is Delivering 7 Games to Switch, or was suppose to Anyway

-The Characters in Apex have more define abilities and Personalities that's More Similiar to Overwatch than something like Fortnite.

-Apex is Kind of Spinned off Titanfall, which, while not at the moment not alive, is kind of beloved game Series

Five Nights at Freddy's is different from the costume Indies in that it's shown itself to survive as an Actual Franchise, which is something Undertale and Cuphead really haven't done that much of. This is something that is shared with Touhou and also Shantae. Coincidentally 2 of these 3 Franchises are not in the game at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom