• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I'll do you one better. The biggest villain not yet present. And even among those that already were, surpassed only by Bowser and perhaps Ganondorf when it comes to sheer icon power. This reveal is huge, some people have no idea.
people dont seem to get it. im seeing people ask who is this guy? seprioth has been in more movies than shiek has been in games. his theme alone is recognized by people that dont play game.

also how do people not know who this is? he was just in a remake THIS YEAR. do people really only play nintendo games and nothing else?

only possible downside is i dont know whether sephiroth increases or removes dantes chances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we’re brainstorming characters that are potential leftovers from the base game or FP1, who fits the mold? All I can think of rn are Hayabusa and Rex. Maybe Crash if that roadmap leak turns out to be real? Honestly I could see this theory going places considering we’re 3/3 if those Sephiroth rumors are real, and it’s not like there was that much time for negotiations between release and when FP2 was supposedly finalized.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I haven't checked, but I'm very certain I'm gonna wanna stay out of the main Social thread for a while...

This thread still seems like fun though, especially with today's announcement!

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I may be have a speculation to make regarding Sephiroth. I mean in the trailer we see that Cloud's Final Smash is a different variation of his Omnislash based on the Advent Children movie and now I'm thinking, is it possible that if you buy Sephiroth will he come with an update only if you buy him that added a real Fighter Spirit for Cloud and obviously Sephy while ALSO give us more music and of course spirit that is not limited to just FF7 since from what I heard people think that Sephiroth will bring 98% of Final Fantasy content cause SE seems to hold it off when Cloud is released back in Smash4 which is very suspicious.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If we’re brainstorming characters that are potential leftovers from the base game or FP1, who fits the mold? All I can think of rn are Hayabusa and Rex. Maybe Crash if that roadmap leak turns out to be real? Honestly I could see this theory going places considering we’re 3/3 if those Sephiroth rumors are real, and it’s not like there was that much time for negotiations between release and when FP2 was supposedly finalized.
Monster Hunter comes to mind if we're talking about leftovers from the base game.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't want to dunk on Geno fans because having your character not make the cut is disheartening, but I've seen some people saying that Cacomallow still hasn't been disproven and uh... I...

Whew.
geno was never gonna be a game awards show reveal. he's to niche to show there. with covid it's impossible to know but its reasonable to think game awards original intent was to reveal them both there.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Remember when people argued

"The 2nd pass probably will have picks that cost less to include since it's the 2nd wave of DLC, and less people working on the game."

And then we got Steve and Sephiroth back to back.

And then you realize the pass is only halfway over?

Yeah
They really are just taking the piss with this pass. At least with Min Min out of the way. Can't blame them; it's pretty much now-or-never when it comes to putting together the "ultimate" final roster for the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So now that we got over the shock phase can we start asking how the **** Sephiroth got in?
I legit did not expect this character to get in at all, what an out of left field pick.
Even Sakurai couldn't stand FFVII's lack of songs any more, or Square was holding them hostage. I'd prefer the former.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have never played FF7 and I'm still reeling from that trailer. So much tension. lol

Only bummer was not having a moment with him and Ganondorf, but considering Cloud finally got some CG time, I can't complain.

blackghost

Smash Champion
if we are now considering characters getting another rep in dlc that increases odds for chun-li or akuma, a xenoblade character. and eggman i guess. really thats it. no other third party character are really missing major characters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't believe Smash will let you have Cloud fight Sephiroth at the Northern Crater. That's such a huge crossover... wait a minute.

Nah but for real, funny how even recreating stuff that's already happened in the series represented can be so exciting.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know - that stage looks - really, really pretty. Like, super beautiful. FoD-tier beautiful. Best part is that at least hazardless, it looks pretty-well legal! Like hazardless Kalos but not obnoxiously large.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've been going completely nuts over Sephiroth from the moment he was revealed. I've grown to truly love FF7 more than I ever did before over the last few years. Seeing some of my closest friends and my partner lose their mind (and me along with them) during those first few notes...this was special. This blows every door wide open - just goes to show that they'll always find ways to surprise us. I can't believe we have one of the most iconic villains ever in this game!! AMAZING! I love his stage and I can't wait to see the spirits and music that come with him!

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Honestly I love how Sephiroth threw a lot of speculators for a loop. It's probably a hot take here, but it is a little tiresome having the same 10 or so characters constantly be the focal point of discussion. I doubt that anybody was expecting a villain, let alone someone like Sephiroth, so seeing him was definitely refreshing.

Plus it's SEPHIROTH for crying out loud! What's not to love?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Really excited for the new KH character.
KH.jpg

Honestly I love how Sephiroth threw a lot of speculators for a loop. It's probably a hot take here, but it is a little tiresome having the same 10 or so characters constantly be the focal point of discussion. I doubt that anybody was expecting a villain, let alone someone like Sephiroth, so seeing him was definitely refreshing.

Plus it's SEPHIROTH for crying out loud! What's not to love?
The funny thing is every character so far has been what most would refer to as a "left fielder"; yet we never learn.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Sephiroth, huh...? Didn't see that one coming at all. It's an interesting choice, that's for sure.

I know I'm late on this, lol.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Nintendo to the Paper Mario team, "Please don't make new races and keep the game to the basics."

Nintendo to Sakurai, "Eh, if you wanna kill Mario, go ahead."

:4pacman:
To be fair, this isn't actually "Mario". But then again, neither is Paper Mario technically.

B r u h

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Nintendo to the Paper Mario team, "Please don't make new races and keep the game to the basics."

Nintendo to Sakurai, "Eh, if you wanna kill Mario, go ahead."

:4pacman:
It's pretty obvious Nintendo gives much more leeway to Sakurai with their series

It's probably the reason Giga Bowser is still even allowed to be a thing post-Brawl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom