• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm still watching just in case.
Also this year's game awards has been a lot better than last year so far.
I mean... The beginning was fire, but at the moment I find the whole show quite lame: I've seen a lot of coop and zombie games revealed, but only a few interesting stuff. Maybe they're keeping the biggest announcements for the end of the show?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Sephiroth - y'know the fact that there's even a remotely present group of people upset about this. Blows my mind! Like yeah there are newcomers; even ones I personally liked, that I can understand being a bit divisive. But like, are there people naysaying Sephiroth? Even indifference, I understand. But wow, couldn't have imagined that people would actively oppose an inclusion such as this.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I've never played FFVII, and I gotta say... One-Winged Angel is more or less an utter triumph of game music, it is REALLY damn good!

Does anyone know it the one in Seph's trailer is a new remix or an existing, official one?
I think it's straight out of the Advent Children's OST

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Sephiroth - y'know the fact that there's even a remotely present group of people upset about this. Blows my mind! Like yeah there are newcomers; even ones I personally liked, that I can understand being a bit divisive. But like, are there people naysaying Sephiroth? Even indifference, I understand. But wow, couldn't have imagined that people would actively oppose an inclusion such as this.
Well, a whole bunch of MWs probably got decomfirmed due to him. Regardless of his legacy, they picked another FF7 character over the abundance of other SE franchise's. So some people are gonna feel a bit icky.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, a whole bunch of MWs probably got decomfirmed due to him. Regardless of his legacy, they picked another FF7 character over the abundance of other SE franchise's. So some people are gonna feel a bit icky.
Geno was one of my most wanteds. This is better; not that I would've known that had it not happened.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Now that we know that multiple characters can come from the same 3rd party franchise (or even the same game no less), what are the characters you guys would want the most either now or in future games?
I wouldn't expect more, but if I had to choose, Chun-Li should be definitely among the first.

cothero

Smash Lord
I know this is a huge stretch, but maybe Nintendo tried to negotiate Sora to be in Smash, but ultimately failed due to Disney's copyright problems and Sephiroth was added as an alternative to that. That or Nintendo/Square really wanted him from the beginning.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Question, if the next amiibo come out around March and we don't hear anything about new amiibo in Sephiroth's showcase or the next challenger's, will amiibo theory be gone for good?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
This is it. THIS is the character this pass I'm happy with. I don't even mind that he wasn't on my list of wanteds and that he lessens my most wanted's chances. It's mothertrucking Sephiroth. I wanted one character this pass that I really liked and you know what? This is it!
Now that we know that multiple characters can come from the same 3rd party franchise (or even the same game no less), what are the characters you guys would want the most either now or in future games?
Definitely another Sonic character. Franchise 100% deserves another one. Obviously I'm partial to Eggman, but Tails, Shadow, or maybe Metal Sonic would be good choices too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think what's most likely is what's been presented already; that Cloud was held hostage for the DLC we're getting now. Sakurai and co. wanted "EVERYONE IS HERE!" and that gave Square pretty much total leverage, haha.
I'd love proof on this though.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Another pattern coming through for you:

Assuming those rumors about Sephiroth being part of the deal to get Cloud back are true (IF they are true) then all 3 characters so far are leftovers from Ultimate's development that Nintendo couldn't add to the plan on time.

Sakurai already told us what happened with ARMS. Minecraft's negotiations took a long time. And now apparently Square wanted Sephiroth to be paired with Cloud.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Drs. Eggman/Wily, Gilgamesh, Alucard
And I'd be perfectly fine with Dante not showing up in Ultimate if that means he's in a double reveal with Vergil.
"No more anime sword fighters"

View attachment 295010
There was a punctuation error.
"No, more anime sword fighters"

cothero

Smash Lord
I guess we can all agree that Sephiroth inclusion kinda killed the possibility of another Square character (Sora) in Ultimate, right? (Or maybe in another Fighter Pass, which i don't think it's going to happen)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I know this is a huge stretch, but maybe Nintendo tried to negotiate Sora to be in Smash, but ultimately failed due to Disney's copyright problems and Sephiroth was added as an alternative to that. That or Nintendo/Square really wanted him from the beginning.
Had that theory as well, Sakurai was like “well if if I can’t get the hypest pick I’ll get the second best thing dammit”

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Another pattern coming through for you:

Assuming those rumors about Sephiroth being part of the deal to get Cloud back are true (IF they are true) then all 3 characters so far are leftovers from Ultimate's development that Nintendo couldn't add to the plan on time.

Sakurai already told us what happened with ARMS. Minecraft's negotiations took a long time. And now apparently Square wanted Sephiroth to be paired with Cloud.
If this pattern holds true, it could bode well for characters like Chorus Kids, Geno, and Rex, who we all know Sakurai wanted to add in the past and wasn't able to

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I guess we can all agree that Sephiroth inclusion kinda killed the possibility of another Square character (Sora) in Ultimate, right? (Or maybe in another Fighter Pass, which i don't think it's going to happen)
Well, I'm not seeing yet another Final Fantasy character making the bout at least.
Won't say Geno is out of the running yet tho. Even if this deminish the chances greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom