• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Okay, huh. That's definitely for consideration. Crash would fit the environment very much too, since Crash has delivered a lot of news via Geoff Kieghley's doorstep.

I would also like to submit the evidence that he once made this particularly-apt comment on the evening before Joker's reveal:
Honestly, this basically confirms it for me. It's an overt enough hint to get fans of the character or series invested while being obscure enough to have plausible deniability to not violate any NDAs.

The fact the comment has now been deleted solidifies further. I'm, like, 97% on the Crash train at this point. He's obviously not confirmed yet, so don't get upset if someone else shows up, but he's in a very, very good spot.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It's crazy to think we may actually have a game where Crash, Solid Snake, and Cloud can duke it out for best PS1 game... and it's on a Nintendo console.

Now, all we need is a Resident Evil character, although that's not happening in this game, unfortunately.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hey guys long time no see, sadly I'm not able to watch all of the Game Awards (I have an appointment an hour and a half into the show) so hopefully they reveal the Smash fighter early! I'm thinking either Geno, Ryu or Crash.

D

Deleted member

Okay, huh. That's definitely for consideration. Crash would fit the environment very much too, since Crash has delivered a lot of news via Geoff Kieghley's doorstep.

I would also like to submit the evidence that he once made this particularly-apt comment on the evening before Joker's reveal:
Yeah, I feel correct to bet all of my money on Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That "Woah" comment.......

Don't give me hope please. I've already built up a barrier to protect myself from getting too hyped. But man Crash is tied with Phoenix as my most wanted character. Don't. Give. Me. Hope. Don't let me freak out.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Introducing our newest conglomerate character!

It's got Chris Redfield!
It's got Jill Valentine!
It's got Leon Kennedy!
It's got Tofu Jill! AKA, the only one you'll actually see in tournaments because it's the best one!
Unfourtunately the Leader of Hong Kong killed Wesker, he will not be an alt.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I wonder if anyone notable has retweeted NoA’s announcement like how supposedly someone at Mojang retweeted the announcement that ended up being Steve

I.e. someone involved with Crash, or someone involved with Ninja Gaiden, etc.
I'm waiting to see if the DMCV director or someone associated to do with DMCV retweets NoA's announcement. I really want it to be Dante.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie when I saw the Woah comment I instantly thought about Crash, but I'm pretty sure he knew people would react like that in the context of a Smash reveal.

I don't know how a NDA works at all so I'm not sure if that hint would count as breaking a NDA. If it's Crash, of course.

It also could be just a random post or him just messing with people. At the same time it seems like a really obvious hint and for that reason I'm not sure if it's Crash at all, so I'm leaning towards him just posting the first thing that crossed his mind, and then deleted the message when saw how people reacted. In the other hand, Crash is definitely fitting for a TGA reveal. Also, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was announced in the previous edition of the show.

Either way we won't know for sure until the reveal. The thing is, we could discuss this until the show or talk about Jonesy. Which topic you prefer?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
One more question about Crash. Like with Banjo & Kazooie, a lot of his music is quite laid back. This probably means we'd get a bunch of remixes. How many of the tracks do you think would end up like the Main Theme, and how many of the tracks do you think would end up like Spiral Mountain?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So confirmation on a character showing up, eh? It'll be interesting to find out who it is. Will it be Crash? Will it be Jonesy? Or will it be a different character? Find out next time on the The Game Awards.
cool a new fighter
I hope it's Minsc and Boo from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

look at that hamster. how could you say no?
As a fan of Balder's Gate, I would be so frickin' happy if Minsc and Boo got in.

Make way, evil! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!
Minsc will lead with blade and boot. Boo will take care of the details.
Butt-kicking for goodness!

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
SEGA is interesting to speculate. As of Steve, they and Capcom are the only veteran third party companies with nothing in the Volume 2 era of Smash. (Exempting SNK, which came with so much from Terry it's hard to imagine more is coming.)
  1. Konami - Bomberman Mii Costume.
  2. Bandai-Namco - Heihachi Mii Costume, Gil Mii Costume. Lloyd's Mii MIA.
  3. Square-Enix - Trials of Mana spirit event, Octopath Traveler spirit event. Geno and Chocobo Mii's MIA.
  4. Microsoft - Steve and the remaining Minecraft content.
Now I wouldn't say that this means either, or both of them are inherently likelier than the remaining veterans, and they do compete with newcomer/roster-newcomer third parties, but I do think it should be taken into account, at least for now. There are no Mii Costumes yet to return for SEGA, while Capcom is waiting on two Monster Hunter armor sets likely to be returning together.

It's hard to think of candidates from new, non-western third parties outside of the usual suspects Koei-Tecmo, Falcom, Level-5, or Spike-Chunsoft. Even among western third parties, outside of indies speculation bottlenecks to Ubisoft, Activision and Valve quickly. Epic with Fortnite is the only other notable contender I can think of.

What's the point of this? Well, I'm thinking the remaining cast could play out like this: New Third Party - SEGA/Capcom Rep - Final Third Party - First Party. Alternatively, we could get two first parties, or no new third party, or no veteran third parties outside of Steve.

Which would I expect to be revealed at TGA? Probably a third party, but it could be anyone.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna lie when I saw the Woah comment I instantly thought about Crash, but I'm pretty sure he knew people would react like that in the context of a Smash reveal.

I don't know how a NDA works at all so I'm not sure if that hint would count as breaking a NDA. If it's Crash, of course.

It also could be just a random post or him just messing with people. At the same time it seems like a really obvious hint and for that reason I'm not sure if it's Crash at all, so I'm leaning towards him just posting the first thing that crossed his mind, and then deleted the message when saw how people reacted. In the other hand, Crash is definitely fitting for a TGA reveal. Also, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was announced in the previous edition of the show.

Either way we won't know for sure until the reveal. The thing is, we could discuss this until the show or talk about Jonesy. Which topic you prefer?
This is why I'm going to throw out this piece of info. There are too many angles that this could be at for it to mean much of use.

It's definitely an allusion to Crash, that's certain, but everything else is just confusion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hit me up if any of the following people retweet that announcement:
  • Shinji Hashimoto, Tetsuya Nomura, Gen Kobayashi, Takeharu Ishimoto (all involved with The World Ends With You)
  • Hiroyuki Sawano (Xenoblade X’s composer)
  • Caitlin Glass (Elma’s VO, doubt she will RT that tho)
  • Hosoyamada (he retweeted what would be Byleth’s announcement, even though he’s the Puyo Puyo guy)
  • Tetsuya Takahashi or Soraya Saga (the former retweeted what would be Robin & Lucina’s announcement cause Captain Falcon was in it and Takahashi worked on F-Zero X; the latter retweeted what would show Rex’s Mii costume)
  • one of the aforementioned Crash team cuz why not I’m cool with him
  • Hisashi Nogami, Yusuke Amano, Seita Inoue, or Toru Minegishi (worked on Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)
  • someone from Riot I guess. Bonus if the actual ****ing K/DA twitter retweets it l m a o

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imran trolling with the fans. I wonder if he knows who's FP8. I guess he knows.

Salt is gonna be so immeasurable if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom