• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
True, but then it would make no sense to have Morrigan as a rep, methinks. It's incredibly hard to "pin" Capcom Vs content to one Capcom character, because many of them have a relation to the series - Dante, Strider and Phoenix to name a few.

Amingo would make sense tho. :roll:
Maybe have Ruby Heart as the Vs rep? Wasn't she the main protagonist in MvC2?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Halloween!

Scare up some fun this Halloween with Nintendo Switch

My question to you guys today, what would be your most wanted Halloween themed characters for Smash? Doesn't have to be likely either.

I'll start:

Ashley
King Boo
Morrigan Aensland
Gooigi (Echo)
Resident Evil Characters (Chris/Jill/Leon/Claire)

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Happy Halloween!

My question to you guys today, what would be your most wanted Halloween themed characters for Smash? Doesn't have to be likely either.

I'll start:

Ashley
King Boo
Morrigan Aensland
Gooigi (Echo)
Sewer Zombie. They're not particularly Halloween themed but they're scary.

sr5dhh64q9941.jpg

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If we want an actual Dragon Slayer/Xanadu rep
We don't. We want Estelle.

If a company is getting a rep it will most likey be one of three options:

1. A historic character from a historic series.
2. The newest character from a newer series.
3. A fan favorite throughout the ages.

Those are your options. What could be considered Falcom's most histoically important series and what face could they take from it? What is Falcom's hot new game and who could they take from that? And who is a fan favorite among Falcom's collection of games?
1. Adol [Y's]
2. Rean [Legend of Heroes]
3. Estelle [Legend of Heroes]

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Not gonna lie if Morrigan at the chance got in, I'd be shipping her with Captain Falcon. The reason being obvious.
I guess the primary reason is that their gym sessions would be them comboing each other in the air?
:p

Happy Halloween!

I'll start:

Ashley
King Boo
Morrigan Aensland
Gooigi (Echo)
Knuckles. Because he AINT GONNA LET IT TO HIM HE'S JUST GONNA CREEP.

Also:

There we have the courtesy (it's confirmed coming to the Switch early 2021, it's a turn-based RPG. Apparently Riot hired the studio behind Battle Chasers for this.*). While it doesn't equal Smash appearance, it's still a major barrier down for that franchise.

*(I'm mostly surprised that it's on Steam, since Riot and Valve has had an intense rivalry for the better part of a decade.)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
There we have the courtesy (it's confirmed coming to the Switch early 2021, it's a turn-based RPG. Apparently Riot hired the studio behind Battle Chasers for this.*). While it doesn't equal Smash appearance, it's still a major barrier down for that franchise.

*(I'm mostly surprised that it's on Steam, since Riot and Valve has had an intense rivalry for the better part of a decade.)
Yup. And it's early next year, so that might have been one more thing about those Switch hirings at Riot. It's particularly funny because right now Wild Rift and Pokémon Unite are in a similar situation, with both being mobile-first MOBAs that will be on Switch. I wonder if this might have helped kickstart the talks between Nintendo or Tencent - or if it was the other way around...

As for Riot x Valve... rivalry there may be, but no way either of them are turning down the chance to make some bank. :laugh:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i have the scariest halloween avatar bar none.
It’s honeslty annoying to see you bash on Incineroar like he’s the worst thing ever two years after his reveal.

No amount of hate will make him go away; it’ll just make you look like a jerk.

If you don’t wanna move on, that’s fine, but at least don’t jump at every opportunity to whine about it.

I.D.

Smash Lord
The Raincoat Killer

Now go buy Deadly Premonition™ Origins and Deadly Premonition™ 2: A Blessing in Disguise, both available for the Nintendo Switch™

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Recently, Naoki Yoshida, the head of Square-Enix's Creative Business Unit III and the director & producer of Final Fantasy XIV Online (and the producer of the upcoming Final Fantasy XVI) was asked if Kingdom Hearts content could come to FFXIV. (Answer: No. Yoshida cites Disney as a major obstacle)

But here's something I've noticed.

Almost every Square-Enix game that features Sora or Kingdom Hearts content in some shape or form are always developed by Square-Enix's Creative Business Unit I or divisions under it. Have to wonder if it's easier for them to get KH content in their games than it is for other Square-Enix divisions or even other gaming developers and publishers.

The article in question:

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Happy Halloween!

I'll start:

Ashley
King Boo
Morrigan Aensland
Gooigi (Echo)
I want the monster from Carrion.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Happy Halloween!

I'll start:

Ashley
King Boo
Morrigan Aensland
Gooigi (Echo)

Does he work?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Does he work?
Yup. Anything related to horror genre series like Castlevania, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc qualifies (or just Halloween series even if they aren't mature like Luigi's Mansion). Or if they're a zombie/witch/skeleton/ghost/vampire/werewolf/etc. character as part of a Halloween "species".

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It’s honeslty annoying to see you bash on Incineroar like he’s the worst thing ever two years after his reveal.

If you don’t wanna move on, that’s fine, but at least don’t jump at every opportunity to whine about it.
Yeah. Be like me and ***** every OTHER opportunity about how saying Pokemon shouldn't have any more newcomers after Inceleroar is like saying "We have food at home".

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

apologies for having the gall to have anything less than blind adoration for the cat king. May He reign forever, and the blood of His dissenters flow from their mutilated corpses, like how He killed Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and everyone else who dared to stand in His way.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace

I can't believe Illaoi now has a likelier shot of getting into Smash than the rest of gaming. In seriousness though, any plans made to include a League of Legends character would not have taken title this into account (although Riot might certainly enjoy actually releasing a game on the Switch first.)

In any case however, League's likely to become a more contentious topic over the coming year if Riot continues its trend of, uh, pandering more directly to Chinese audiences. A LoL pick could age really poorly if the wrong things happen.

Riot and Valve were never really competitors though. Valve just got roped in by virtue of picking up Dota.

The Wolf Among Us

Banned via Warnings
apologies for having the gall to have anything less than blind adoration for the cat king. May He reign forever, and the blood of His dissenters flow from their mutilated corpses, like how He killed Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and everyone else who dared to stand in His way.
A worthless sack of **** pissy over one stupid character on the roster not being the one they wanted.
How original.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
He's definitely been outranked by a good majority of the DLC by now, but Incineroar was probably my favorite base game newcomer.

Just an overall fun character with a fun playstyle, all while beaming with personality. Definitely helps that I adore it's preevo Litten, and ended up choosing it (and by extension, Incineroar) as my SM starter

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
At least I'm temporarily here until I get banned.
Everyone will have to put up with you until you get bored with ******** about one character being in the game and neck yourself.
I have a suggestion to make.
Go back to 4chan or whatever website you use, we don't like rude assholes here.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Yup. And it's early next year, so that might have been one more thing about those Switch hirings at Riot. It's particularly funny because right now Wild Rift and Pokémon Unite are in a similar situation, with both being mobile-first MOBAs that will be on Switch. I wonder if this might have helped kickstart the talks between Nintendo or Tencent - or if it was the other way around...

As for Riot x Valve... rivalry there may be, but no way either of them are turning down the chance to make some bank. :laugh:
It might've helped, but I honestly think the primary reasons are that Nintendo have tried to sell their systems in China since 2003 and not really gotten anywhere. Consoles being banned until 2014ish there did not help, since Nintendo's attempts via iQue looked like pirate stuff. While Tencent have / had a major hole when it comes to consoles and relied too much on their grip within the country (which did backfire hard on Tencent shortly before they began talks with Nintendo).

I wouldn't be surprised if the MOBA stuff helped though, especially since that's a genre where Nintendo's been a non-factor.

I can't believe Illaoi now has a likelier shot of getting into Smash than the rest of gaming. In seriousness though, any plans made to include a League of Legends character would not have taken title this into account (although Riot might certainly enjoy actually releasing a game on the Switch first.)

In any case however, League's likely to become a more contentious topic over the coming year if Riot continues its trend of, uh, pandering more directly to Chinese audiences. A LoL pick could age really poorly if the wrong things happen.

Riot and Valve were never really competitors though. Valve just got roped in by virtue of picking up Dota.
That's a very difficult topic for any company to walk through yes (Just ask Activision-Blizzard over how they bungled the Blitzchung situation). The audience might be huge and possibly insanely lucrative, but the Chinese state / regime is going to use that as a hook to "ensure compliance" with companies. Not least since it has intentionally tried to build its entire Internet infrastructure with the motto "social harmony (just don't ask about what goes on in the background. Or what our police is doing.)" as a priority.

Not that every Chinese person agrees with the above: far from, a significant portion of the Chinese hardcore really doesn't like the state censorship over games etc. And there's a significant gray market (Steam is a huge hole in the Chinese firewall, and most Switches there are imported). But yes, I can see it becoming contentious sadly: the Indian government's ban of TikTok and PUBG Mobile following the India-China skirmish does raise that possibility. As does any scenario where more regions beyond JP / NA / EU become important to Nintendo's prospects.

And TBF, LoL's audience is worldwide and has been around for about as long as Minecraft at this point. I don't think it has that much of a risk of aging poorly, although it's likely going to be contentious, yes.

Wait, if you were a hivemind, then-

slams desk then points dramatically

Why did you say "MY backstory", when you should've said "OUR backstory"!?!?!

It felt mandatory to bring that song
異議あり!" ("IGIARI!") / OBJECTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom