• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Morrigan on the other hand would just reference Darkstalkers and that'd be it. And it'd be a weird inclusion with it being a dead series that wasn't particularly successful in its time, and also with seemingly no major pull from the Smash community for inclusion, as seen with Banjo.
It wouldn't be weird if Capcom didn't have basically a million other options, honestly.

A Darkstalkers rep would be cool, but I don't expect it to happen... ever, really.

I.D.

Smash Lord
To give my two cents on the Falcom leak there are some things that make me suspicious:

-Someone already mentioned it but the leaker tells us about the thought processes of the parties involved. It's one of the most classic tells of a fake leak as leakers aren't usually privy to such "intimate" matters that would only be known by the key people involved, they just know the facts and that's it.

-The Crossbell games (Zero and Ao). The leaker says they would be announced "soon" for the PS4, but they had actually already been announced at the beginning of 2020. Unless they are talking about a localization in which case the leak is simply not right about this one.

-Speaking of the "unpredictability" of the Crossbell games, this wasn't the only 4chan leak predicting them. Case in point. If this particular monkey on a typewriter hadn't centered their post on a falcom partner showcase that obviously didn't come to pass, we might be talking about Estelle right now instead of Adol.

-Still on the subject of said Crossbell games, the leaker uses their recent fan translation titles instead of their actual official titles.

-The leaker cannot say who the character is (lol) but they doubt between Adol and Rean... main characters of two different series. It's not usually how Nintendo picks characters (by game/series, rather than company).

-A cold steel spirit event even though Rean is one of two candidates to playable character doesn't seem to make sense. Unless it's his spirit board. But if his spirit board is centered on his own series why would he also bring music from Ys? Our company rep, Terry, brings spirits from different SNK series.

-Speaking of music, just how is this leaker privy to the number of tracks? This goes beyond mere negotiations, this is Sakurai discusses content to be implemented with the devs territory.

tl;dr this leak seems far from foolproof to me, at least so far.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I just saw this article on EventHubs...

... probably not the most likely outcome, but it does make me wonder if a certain Capcom character with a penchant for crossovers could be a possible dark horse, possibly as Fighters Pass 2's equivalent to Terry (the character who is included because of their series' influence and legacy in a certain genre, in this case fighting games),
Morrigan could be pretty alright. Not my first choice for a Capcom character, but she's basically the Capcom version of Captain Falcon. I was a bit more dismissive of her potential inclusion during the first pass. But again, most Capcom characters are pretty cool. But I'd prefer Dante or Jill first honestly.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
I know they say Terry comes from Fatal Fury in Smash, but to me, he's much more about celebrating the legacy of SNK than just Fatal Fury. It's why his pack comes with a buttload of spirits, music, stage cameos and Mii outfits from all across SNK's library.

Morrigan on the other hand would just reference Darkstalkers and that'd be it. And it'd be a weird inclusion with it being a dead series that wasn't particularly successful in its time, and also with seemingly no major pull from the Smash community for inclusion, as seen with Banjo.
Why would Morrigan be forced to just reference Darkstalkers and nothing else? A character pack centered on Capcom's VS series for example doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Why would Morrigan be forced to just reference Darkstalkers and nothing else? A character pack centered on Capcom's VS series for example doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility.
True, but then it would make no sense to have Morrigan as a rep, methinks. It's incredibly hard to "pin" Capcom Vs content to one Capcom character, because many of them have a relation to the series - Dante, Strider and Phoenix to name a few.

Amingo would make sense tho. :roll:

I.D.

Smash Lord
True, but then it would make no sense to have Morrigan as a rep, methinks. It's incredibly hard to "pin" Capcom Vs content to one Capcom character, because many of them have a relation to the series - Dante, Strider and Phoenix to name a few.

Amingo would make sense tho. :roll:
It would make no sense to have as a rep the character who has managed to outlive her own home series by always appearing in Capcom VS games?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It would make no sense to have as a rep the character who has managed to outlive her own home series by always appearing in Capcom VS games?
I mean... she's still a Darkstalkers character first and foremost. I think Morrigan's situation is quite different from Terry's.

It would be like if you put Captain Falcon in PXZ3 and called him a Smash Bros rep.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Chosing Morrigan for Smash would be like putting Captain Falcon in Ultimate if he was a Third Party and dead after all this years.

I don't see it happening, and no appearing in Capcom Crossover #3469potato is not a good excuse, the ONE character who wasn't in MVC3 was the first Capcom rep in Smash. I mean by that same token Captain Falcon is used in most Nintendo crossovers such as Nintendo Land, and Morrigan plays a similar role in that sense.

If we get another Capcom character, i only see us getting Dante or Phoenix Wright (even if i would prefer Sir Arthur)

I.D.

Smash Lord
I mean... she's still a Darkstalkers character first and foremost. I think Morrigan's situation is quite different from Terry's.
And Terry is still a Fatal Fury character first and foremost because he's certainly not a main character in KoF. You will have to clarify further.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
And Terry is still a Fatal Fury character first and foremost because he's certainly not a main character in KoF. You will have to clarify further.
Maybe not now, but when KoF began? Its purpose was mainly to be a crossover between Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, with some Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier sprinkled here and there for good measure.

While he's not as important story-wise as other original KoF characters, add the fact that Terry was already "Mr. SNK" before KoF was a thing and there's plenty of reason for him to bring KoF content - because its origin is intrinsically tied to Fatal Fury.

You don't have any of these factors with Morrigan. She isn't the mascot for Capcom; the Vs. series' origins are arguably more tied to a special mode in SF Alpha and Children of the Atom than they are to Darkstalkers; and finally picking her as a Vs rep would be prioritizing her for no reason, since several other characters are tied to these games as much as Morrigan is, even more so because they're team-based fighting games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morrigan is the Captain Falcon of Capcom still living on in spirit of their crossover fighting games the same way as the latter does with Smash. Who knows depending on how much fan demand their franchises might at some point come out of dormancy as what happened with Banjo, and King K. Rool. I would love for Darkstalkers to return loving its premise alone for its setting and concept, a fighting game with characters based on mythological creatures and beings. I really wish it got more attention.

Her chances might seem unlikely but I don't think she's implausible. I'd personally be down for her honestly, she'd be a welcoming addition.

Even then Dante, Phoenix Wright, and even Ammy have a better shot getting in.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Who would Falcon's partner be though in Hypothetical PXZ3. Fox and Samus could fit that Futuristic Vibe, A Character Like Samurai Goroh would also work if they don't just add in Falcon

Falcon and Lucina and/or Chrom wold be an interesting pairing considering the Small history those 3 had togethter. KOS-MOS Switched Partners from T-LEOS to Mecha Fiora in PXZ2. There's many options So I wouldn't know

----------

Morrigan is a Character. Her Series is Interesting and her Series did apprantly inspire some of the more Hyper Elements of Fighting games like EX Moves, Air Dashing, and Air Combos I Believe. If she did get added, Hopefully they don't make Soul Fist so Spammable and such

Morrigan is in the same Situation as KOS-MOS, Except I actually think she has it worse Since She Has More Competetion (she comes from Capcom), and she isn't linked as hard to Nintendo as KOS-MOS is. KOS-MOS also at least as Monolith having an infatuation with her (Not that it's a bad thing), unlike with Capcom where like it was stated there are alot of Character

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can totally see Morrigan only on the account that she's Capcom's crossover queen

I feel if she got in, she'd be less of Darkstalkers rep and more of a VS Capcom rep.

She'd still bring Darkstalkers content with her and all, but I feel she'd likely be here for her crossover prowess. No offense to Darkstalkers as a series.

Still feel she'll be outprioritized by the likes of Dante and Phoenix though

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who would Falcon's partner be though in Hypothetical PXZ3. Fox and Samus could fit that Futuristic Vibe, A Character Like Samurai Goroh would also work if they don't just add in Falcon

Falcon and Lucina and/or Chrom wold be an interesting pairing considering the Small history those 3 had togethter. KOS-MOS Switched Partners from T-LEOS to Mecha Fiora in PXZ2. There's many options So I wouldn't know

----------

Morrigan is a Character. Her Series is Interesting and her Series did apprantly inspire some of the more Hyper Elements of Fighting games like EX Moves, Air Dashing, and Air Combos I Believe. If she did get added, Hopefully they don't make Soul Fist so Spammable and such

Morrigan is in the same Situation as KOS-MOS, Except I actually think she has it worse Since She Has More Competetion (she comes from Capcom), and she isn't linked as hard to Nintendo as KOS-MOS is. KOS-MOS also at least as Monolith having an infatuation with her (Not that it's a bad thing), unlike with Capcom where like it was stated there are alot of Character
Shulk? Maybe Elma if they decide to add her too?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Maybe not now, but when KoF began? Its purpose was mainly to be a crossover between Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, with some Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier sprinkled here and there for good measure.

While he's not as important story-wise as other original KoF characters, add the fact that Terry was already "Mr. SNK" before KoF was a thing and there's plenty of reason for him to bring KoF content - because its origin is intrinsically tied to Fatal Fury.

You don't have any of these factors with Morrigan. She isn't the mascot for Capcom; the Vs. series' origins are arguably more tied to a special mode in SF Alpha and Children of the Atom than they are to Darkstalkers; and finally picking her as a Vs rep would be prioritizing her for no reason, since several other characters are tied to these games as much as Morrigan is, even more so because they're team-based fighting games.
Honestly, if the VS Series, by some MIRACLE, gets a Character in Smash, it wouldn't be Morrigan. It would likely be either Stider, being a cool Cyborg Ninja, but he would likely be deemed too similar to Hayabusa to be put in. Akuma, the problem here is obvious if we get another Street Fighter in Smash it would be Chun due to her importance. Or Ruby Heart but Nintendo could be scared away by her nature of being an OC in a Crossover between Marvel and Capcom to not put her in. Thus technically Disney and Capcom, with how Disney would react if they didn't choose Sora.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Their franchises might be dormant (Presumably at the moment) but the characters still live on in the spirit as King and Queen of Smash and Vs. Capcom fighting games.
Well People were heavily shipping Dark Pit and Lucina because they were both Clones in Smash 4, So I guess this reasoning kinda lines up with that. Though I haven't paid attention to Morrigan's lore that much (I Know she's very powerful though), but isn't she a Succubus? Aren't succubus have a hard time settling down?

Shulk? Maybe Elma if they decide to add her too?
Actually I do wonder, Why didn't Shulk Get added in PXZ2. I could maybe understand Elma since perhaps her game might have been too young at the time, but Consdering Shulk is the main Character of the same game Mecha Fiora Comes from, It's just kinda weird. I'm not complaining though

I.D.

Smash Lord
Actually I do wonder, Why didn't Shulk Get added in PXZ2. I could maybe understand Elma since perhaps her game might have been too young at the time, but Consdering Shulk is the main Character of the same game Mecha Fiora Comes from, It's just kinda weird. I'm not complaining though
Because Kosmos and Fiora fall under a similar Xeno character archetype.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, if the VS Series, by some MIRACLE, gets a Character in Smash, it wouldn't be Morrigan. It would likely be either Stider, being a cool Cyborg Ninja, but he would likely be deemed too similar to Hayabusa to be put in. Akuma, the problem here is obvious if we get another Street Fighter in Smash it would be Chun due to her importance. Or Ruby Heart but Nintendo could be scared away by her nature of being an OC in a Crossover between Marvel and Capcom to not put her in. Thus technically Disney and Capcom, with how Disney would react if they didn't choose Sora.
Do I spy some Amingo erasure in this post?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Because Kosmos and Fiora fall under a similar Xeno character archetype.
And i'm gonna guess both coulnd't be added in because there wasn't enough Space, hence Fiora over Shulk in this case

I still find it weird because I believe every other series uses their main character. then again sometimes not just defaulting to the Protag yields interesting results that people Enjoy. Min-Min in Smash is kinda to this same effect, even with the whole "everyone is a Protagonist" thing.

True but in the world of Smash anything can flow.

Same reason I ship Ridley and Rosalina with Lucas and the Lumas as their children. :p
Does this Ship imply that Ridley has a thing for Samus, since both Rosalina and Samus are Blonde?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
There's also the fact that some representation in Smash is pretty lopsided, such as Gen 1 for Pokemon, Super Star for Kirby, Rare's games for Donkey Kong, and Awakening and swordfighters for Fire Emblem. A fresh start could help us dial back and mend some of these issues, instead of just going "I'm sorry, did you say MORE CONTENT?" Having a massive amount of stuff is cool and all, but that content isn't necessarily guaranteed to be good or balanced.
Is there anything worth representing besides those & Retro’s DKC which is pretty similar to Rare’s stuff anyway? A Tropical Freeze stage would’ve been cool but I think the focus on Rare DK is pretty reasonable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is there anything worth representing besides those & Retro’s DKC which is pretty similar to Rare’s stuff anyway? A Tropical Freeze stage would’ve been cool but I think the focus on Rare DK is pretty reasonable.
For the most part, I agree. Rare's DK stuff is what put him back on the map and gave the series its own identity that could co exist with Mario. Really, unless they dig further on the Retro Studios era DKC games, things seem about right. It feels less jarring to me than the lack of Kirby stuff post Super Star/Air Ride.

I would've liked a bit more focus on Metroid Prime stuff, but honestly, adding Dark Samus, a remix or two, and Ridley having his Meta Form in a costume did quite a bit.

Jungle Beat is referenced in the Final Smash and we have an Arcade DK stage.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Their franchises might be dormant (Presumably at the moment) but the characters still live on in the spirit as King and Queen of Smash and Vs. Capcom fighting games.
And here I thought you actually knew Morrigan’s character and thought she’d be a good ship with Falcon because they both really love to fight.

but isn't she a Succubus? Aren't succubus have a hard time settling down?
Morrigan is different.

The kind of succubus she is can feed herself from sheer adrenaline if she doesn’t feel like doing it the... usual succubus way.

That’s why she loves to just go out in the world and look for a good fight.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
After all the Falcom music posting from before, I don't think anyone posted anything from Ys IX (unless I just wasn't paying attention), so I decided to do it myself!

Also, here's Desert After Tears if you want another one.
****, just listened this song and it's absolutely great. I think I'm definitely picking Ys IX when it comes out lol

Honestly I think Trails has a very slightly higher chance of getting a character than Ys does. Is it mostly bias? Yes but also these...

-The most recent Trails Game (Hajimari no Kiseki) sold almost 2x the amount [1] [2] that the most recent Ys game did (Ys IX) [3]
-Dragon Slayer the series is older than Dragon Quest and Dragon Slayer: 1. Pioneered the ARPG, 2. Split off into the also popular Xanadu Series 3. is still technically going on with the Legend Of Heroes Series. Ys has little to no connection to Dragon Slayer.
-(From what i've seen) Trails tends to be a bit more popular in Japan and Trails is also the series that Falcom uses in crossovers like with Langrisser, Phantasy Star Online, Valkyrie Profile, Monster Hunter and Taiko No Tatsujin. I have never once seen an Ys Crossover
-Ys came to the west first and thus had that boost in popularity here that might not have been felt anywhere else.

Both series are popular and likely I just think Trails has the slight edge.

EDIT: For the Sales numbers point, That is just physical sales in Japan, And apparently it is relatively big in Korea and China, So there is some murmurs that Hajimari no Kiseki sold around 200,000 to 300,000 copies
About popularity, I'm not an expert or a longtime fan so I might be wrong but so far, I also feel the Trails series is at least somewhat more popular than Ys. At least in Japan, or that's what I have understood. Specially thanks to the Trails of Cold Steel saga.

So, if the choice was up to Falcom I could see them going for a Trails representative, but as we know, Nintendo and Sakurai are the ones picking the fighters. I'm pretty much convinced Nintendo wouldn't really care who's the character besides being from Falcom (it's not like their characters are super popular or really recognizable in the mainstream, so I don't think they would have any preferences). So I think it would basically be up to Sakurai. Maybe he would have someone in mind before approaching them, or maybe he would just discuss with Falcom who would be the best choice.

me before playing the Age of Calamity demo: Impa would be lame and BoTW Zelda would be a wasted slot.

me now: hello yes i would like one impa and BoTW zelda please
I have been playing the Age of Calamity demo and it has been very fun, specially Impa. At first the thing I was interested most was the whole prequel thing, but now I think the gameplay is what I liked the most. Even if the story ends being a bit weird or anything I think I'll enjoy the game. It's also my first musou so maybe I'm just enjoying it because it's my first contact with the genre, idk.

To give my two cents on the Falcom leak there are some things that make me suspicious:

-Someone already mentioned it but the leaker tells us about the thought processes of the parties involved. It's one of the most classic tells of a fake leak as leakers aren't usually privy to such "intimate" matters that would only be known by the key people involved, they just know the facts and that's it.

-The Crossbell games (Zero and Ao). The leaker says they would be announced "soon" for the PS4, but they had actually already been announced at the beginning of 2020. Unless they are talking about a localization in which case the leak is simply not right about this one.

-Speaking of the "unpredictability" of the Crossbell games, this wasn't the only 4chan leak predicting them. Case in point. If this particular monkey on a typewriter hadn't centered their post on a falcom partner showcase that obviously didn't come to pass, we might be talking about Estelle right now instead of Adol.

-Still on the subject of said Crossbell games, the leaker uses their recent fan translation titles instead of their actual official titles.

-The leaker cannot say who the character is (lol) but they doubt between Adol and Rean... main characters of two different series. It's not usually how Nintendo picks characters (by game/series, rather than company).

-A cold steel spirit event even though Rean is one of two candidates to playable character doesn't seem to make sense. Unless it's his spirit board. But if his spirit board is centered on his own series why would he also bring music from Ys? Our company rep, Terry, brings spirits from different SNK series.

-Speaking of music, just how is this leaker privy to the number of tracks? This goes beyond mere negotiations, this is Sakurai discusses content to be implemented with the devs territory.

tl;dr this leak seems far from foolproof to me, at least so far.
True, the leak has some parts that feel weird. But the one you posted says "we will get a Partner Showcase with a big focus on Falcom" didn't happen, and won't happen during 2020 because the last one was the last for this year. And while the leak doesn't say when this supposed Partner Showcase will happen, so it could occur early 2021, I feel he would specify that. Even if that wasn't the case I really doubt he would know the content of a Partner Showcase to be aired in 2021 that early (the 'leak' was posted in August).

I mean I'd rather the leak you posted to be true, I'd rather Estelle when it comes to Falcom. But this second 4chan leak also seems a bit weird. It says that Estelle would get announced at the end of the Partner Showcase where they would announce the Trails in the Sky trilogy for Switch, and a Smash reveal there, while I guess it's not impossible, feels very unlikely.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Music is probably the biggest weak point of DK representation (well the lack of playable Dixie as well). A lot of the tracks after the original DKC get ignored, and Jungle Hijinks is fairly overused. Stages aren't much better with no non-DKC1 outside 75m. Nothing from DKC2, 3, or Tropical Freeze with the Jungle Beat and Returns levels not coming back either. Its doing better than certain other IP's, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Music is probably the biggest weak point of DK representation (well the lack of playable Dixie as well). A lot of the tracks after the original DKC get ignored, and Jungle Hijinks is fairly overused. Stages aren't much better with no non-DKC1 outside 75m. Nothing from DKC2, 3, or Tropical Freeze with the Jungle Beat and Returns levels not coming back either. Its doing better than certain other IP's, but there's a lot of room for improvement.
I do agree with some of the music issues. There's like 6 versions of Jungle Hijinks, But this issue also applies to Mario and Zelda having so many versions of their main theme as well.

The stages are a bit unfortunate too. But I imagine getting the Two Lane stage to work again was probably too tricky.

I.D.

Smash Lord
True, the leak has some parts that feel weird. But the one you posted says "we will get a Partner Showcase with a big focus on Falcom" didn't happen, and won't happen during 2020 because the last one was the last for this year. And while the leak doesn't say when this supposed Partner Showcase will happen, so it could occur early 2021, I feel he would specify that. Even if that wasn't the case I really doubt he would know the content of a Partner Showcase to be aired in 2021 that early (the 'leak' was posted in August).

I mean I'd rather the leak you posted to be true, I'd rather Estelle when it comes to Falcom. But this second 4chan leak also seems a bit weird. It says that Estelle would get announced at the end of the Partner Showcase where they would announce the Trails in the Sky trilogy for Switch, and a Smash reveal there, while I guess it's not impossible, feels very unlikely.
The point I was trying to make is that the leak I posted is obviously fake (there was no Falcom partner showcase) yet still predicted the Crossbell games coming to Switch. One of the arguments people use for the leak being real is that those two titles coming to Switch would be unthinkable/hard to predict but we have a monkey on a typewriter here also predicting this particular event. And again, the PS4 ports were not going to be announced soon, they were already announced by January of this year.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I do agree with some of the music issues. There's like 6 versions of Jungle Hijinks, But this issue also applies to Mario and Zelda having so many versions of their main theme as well.

The stages are a bit unfortunate too. But I imagine getting the Two Lane stage to work again was probably too tricky.
Oh there were definitely practical problems with both Jungle Hijinx & Kongo Jungle (especially if they wanted to do stage morph) . Its just disappointing that we couldn't at least get plain versions of them and expand the DK levels in Ultimate beyond variations of the two most famous games (Donkey Kong Arcade & Country 1).

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Do I spy some Amingo erasure in this post?
I didn't mention Amingo since he has Ruby's Problems, but he isn't considered either a Main Character in his only game, or even a Top Tier. He's not even considered viable lol no wonder I didn't mention Amingo.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm still finding new Ys IX songs and I love this one

Also, I find curious the "edgy" tone and dark aesthetic the game seems to have, when so far Ys VIII or other games seem to be more lighthearted in tone, or at least that's my impression.

Wait, Trails of the Sky is Falcom?

Mother ****** I've had that game sitting on my steam account for years after someone gifted me it lol.
Well now you don't have any excuses to try the game!
For anyone else interested the game is pretty cheap. During sales the game costs like 9 bucks or something, and it's probably even more cheaper if you acquire a key or something

Also the game probably can run in almost any PC so it's not like you need an incredible PC in order to properly play it.

The point I was trying to make is that the leak I posted is obviously fake (there was no Falcom partner showcase) yet still predicted the Crossbell games coming to Switch. One of the arguments people use for the leak being real is that those two titles coming to Switch would be unthinkable/hard to predict but we have a monkey on a typewriter here also predicting this particular event. And again, the PS4 ports were not going to be announced soon, they were already announced by January of this year.
Ah, okay. Now I understand your point.

True, the PS4 ports were already revealed at that point, but as I said in another message, I think the ''leaker'' was referencing a western localization. Of course, that's my interpretation, but I think it would be weird if he was trying to pull off a "I predicted this announcement" play when the Crossbell games were already announced for the Switch when he wrote that. It takes a quick research to find that. That's why I assume he was talking about western versions of the Crossbell saga.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Ah, okay. Now I understand your point.

True, the PS4 ports were already revealed at that point, but as I said in another message, I think the ''leaker'' was referencing a western localization. Of course, that's my interpretation, but I think it would be weird if he was trying to pull off a "I predicted this announcement" play when the Crossbell games were already announced for the Switch when he wrote that. It takes a quick research to find that. That's why I assume he was talking about western versions of the Crossbell saga.
I also thought of that. But if he was talking about a western localization then... there isn't one in sight. Thus dealing another blow to its credibility.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh there were definitely practical problems with both Jungle Hijinx & Kongo Jungle (especially if they wanted to do stage morph) . Its just disappointing that we couldn't at least get plain versions of them and expand the DK levels in Ultimate beyond variations of the two most famous games (Donkey Kong Arcade & Country 1).
Now that I think of it, it's unfortunate that Terry isn't in the game that kind of sort of but not really has the line system as a stage gimmick.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I also thought of that. But if he was talking about a western localization then... there isn't one in sight. Thus dealing another blow to its credibility.
True. So far, they haven't said anything about that. The leaker didn't say when, so I don't want to pull off a Cacomallow here, but I think the leak could have some more margin. At least, I'd give the leak a bit more of time. They just announced Cold Steel I and II for Switch in Japan and Korea for example, so assuming Switch will have a western version of both games, that could be announced at a later date, just like happens with all Falcom games.

Cold Steel IV for example released in 2018 in Japan but it wasn't until recently that it was released in the West. Not saying we should gave the leak 1 or 2 years of margin, but maybe 1 or 2? months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom