• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Im just using google translate but it seems like M2 might be hinting at the Nintendo Dream game?
"Information on female pilots with silver hair is posted. If you are interested, please buy it."

Not sure if their talking about an Aleste character or if they're hinting at a new Thunder Force game with Cenes.
Sega bought Technosoft IP's in 2016 and the Technosoft president basically sold to them in hope of the IP's returning and M2 LOVES Thunder Force.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Im just using google translate but it seems like M2 might be hinting at the Nintendo Dream game?
"Information on female pilots with silver hair is posted. If you are interested, please buy it."

Not sure if their talking about an Aleste character or if they're hinting at a new Thunder Force game with Cenes.
Sega bought Technosoft IP's in 2016 and the Technosoft president basically sold to them in hope of the IP's returning and M2 LOVES Thunder Force.

That was already debunked, the Nintendo Dream game was Mario 3D Collection. I posted about it yesterday.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Why do all of you hate Pokémon so much?
I have zero interest in any franchise that already has 5+ characters in the game.

I never understood this example because 1, it's impossible to be both alive and dead, and 2, if a creature is put in a situation in which death is a certainty, it's chances of surviving don't increase just because nobody knows about it.
It's death isn't a certainty though. There's only a 50/50 chance each moment that it dies. It COULD conceivably go on getting 1-50 indefinitely. So until you confirm if it's alive or dead, it could be either.

How would all of you react?
Meh. Phoenix and Kiryu are good. But Terrarian AND Steve in the same pass? WTF is the point of THAT?

Terraria is a Metroidvania, while Minecraft is a sandbox type game.
Dude, no.

"2D Minecraft" is a joke in the Terraria community
Literally what it was designed to be.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we get the Octolings, then they aren't going to be echo-fighters. My thing is both of these passes have demonstrated that each character brings something new to the table, and that includes move-set. We are not getting echo-fighters in this Fighters Pass.
im all for non-echo Octolings anyway. my ideas for them:
  • different weapons than Inklings. Chargers, Splatlings, Dualies, Brellas, a different bomb type maybe
  • high risk/high reward style gameplay, to reflect the difficulty of Octo Expansion
  • different final smash obvi. Splashdown? Baller?
  • different palettes to distinguish from Inkling. Magenta (Agent 8 female), Peach (Agent 8 male), Sanitized (female), Salmon Run (male), Mayo (female), Ketchup (male), Order w/Marina's OE outfit (female), Chaos w/Pearl's OE outfit (male)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait...what’s this 7/11 business? Do you mean in Japan? I must of missed something but did they put up new ads or take ones down. If the later, I’ve noticed several places taking down the Vol Pass 2 over the last month. Not 7/11 but other convenience stores as well as smaller gaming and book stores.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I’ll be honest I grew up with Pokémon so I’d love to get a bunch more Pokémon like Gengar, Regice, Scyther and the like but I can understand people being upset when DK only has 3 reps and Kirby has 3. But I can’t help but be excited to see another chance at a fun unique character

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If this reveal was originally meant for E3 then they might be what Nintendo was counting on to drum up hype. Mind that I'm assuming this means the rest of the pass won't compare, so I'll probably wait until FP3 before even considering buying the pass.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I've never heard of Technosoft. What games have they made?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Imo, these are the most likely:
  1. Min Min
  2. Cinderace or Intelleon, a Xenoblade Chronicles character, or Travis
  3. Monster Hunter
  4. A Xenoblade Chronicles character, or Travis
  5. Ryu
  6. No idea
This is a given, but it's possible that some, or all of these slots could be a character that has no prior evidence or precedents beyond last minute leaks, as was the case with...literally every character in the first pass not named Hero.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Brand new ads
Ah, ok. I’ll try and swing by to check them out. That’s a relief. I asked the store clerks why they were taking down the Vol 2 for sale and they said due to a lack of overall sales and will be pushing other cards that sell more. Maybe they might put them back up. 7/11 typically had very large display cases for prepaid cards and such.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Imo, these are the most likely:
  1. Min Min
  2. Cinderace or Intelleon, a Xenoblade Chronicles character, or Travis
  3. Monster Hunter
  4. A Xenoblade Chronicles character, or Travis
  5. Ryu
  6. No idea
This is a given, but it's possible that some, or all of these slots could be a character that has no prior evidence or precedents beyond last minute leaks, as was the case with...literally every character in the first pass not named Hero.
they will never add ryu. fighting game characters aren't allowed, and he'd be a dr.mario clone

SKX31

Smash Master
Actually, we're gonna start a monarchy. Since us humans have proven that we can't be trusted with that responsibility, I'm going to give the title to Godzilla, King of the Monsters, who has more than proven himself worthy. We're all gonna become nuclear toast, but eh, at least we'll get some sweet kaiju fights out of it.
That's certainly taking the idea of "Divine right of Kings" a step further. Are you sure you're not Louis XIV, aka. the Sun King in disguise?

:4pacman:

Thing to remember is this pass would exist through TWO E3s.
It does bring up the question of how many characters would be revealed at those E3s. I'm not fully convinced it would be 4 / 6 simply because that'd leave just two to be revealed elsewhere. Could see 2 or 3 / 6 in total being E3 reveals (such as one in E3 2021), but 4 / 6 feels a bit over-centralized.

It's partly the reason why I've entertained other events (TGS, TGA, ChinaJoy) as potential other venues, although those feel not-really-that-likely admittedly.

KillerCage

Smash Master
It's too early to say that. There multiple logical reasons as to why the precedent might not hold up in this regard:
  • They know Pokémon is guaranteed sell like hotcakes.
  • It's 1st party, so the needless re-negotiating issue doesn't apply.
  • None of the realistic candidates are Spirits.
  • Heck, we don't even know how long in advance these spirits were planned, so we may yet see a DLC spirit upgrade from any Spirit released before Byleth.
  • Resident Evil sell like hot cakes yet that franchise got a Spirit event.
  • You can say the same thing about Nintendo Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, and Origami King and all three got Spirit Events.
  • If you are referring to the Starters' final evolutions, then sure but people are getting sick of Starter final evolutions being our reps.
  • ...I have no words to describe why that is a bad idea. Just... NO...

7NATOR

Smash Master
Thing to remember is this pass would exist through TWO E3s.
Depending on how early they can get characters done, We might actually get our Last character at E3

Even if not the last character though, I would expect perhaps FP10 to be announced there. I guess though considering how late in the pass it is, it wouldn't be a Character that's as Hype as the Hypothetical FP7 (If they were meant for E3). I'm sure the selection of the pass is cool though, I don't expect anything as Controversial as Byleth being in the pass

Shroob

Sup?
Depending on how early they can get characters done, We might actually get our Last character at E3

Even if not the last character though, I would expect perhaps FP10 to be announced there. I guess though considering how late in the pass it is, it wouldn't be a Character that's as Hype as the Hypothetical FP7 (If they were meant for E3). I'm sure the selection of the pass is cool though, I don't expect anything as Controversial as Byleth being in the pass
Considering this will probably be our last character for the year, yeah there's a 0% chance we get our last character next E3 when there's still 4 left to go.

Shroob

Sup?
Idk I kinda think they could reveal one more this year
They may reveal it, but considering how slow this has been, I'd 100% think it's safer to expect CP7 is our last this year and we'll just be getting one every 3 months next.

Because if we're getting a patch in October, I REALLY doubt we'd be getting another in November, so all that really leaves is December.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve been hearing mentions of an October reveal in Japanese Smash groups for a while now. Some groups also think that October bodes well for a character like Dante so he’s currently the front runner as F7.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I’ve been hearing mentions of an October reveal in Japanese Smash groups for a while now. Some groups also think that October bodes well for a character like Dante so he’s currently the front runner as F7.
Considering how Nintendo Plans releases and also what they did with Joker, I would expect Dante to be a Game Awards reveal perhaps (as FP8) Personally, considering that DMC5 did win a Award there, so People will be familiar with the franchise like with Persona. Of course that is assuming Dante is in this pass anyway.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
  • Resident Evil sell like hot cakes yet that franchise got a Spirit event.
  • You can say the same thing about Nintendo Labo, Ring Fit Adventure, and Origami King and all three got Spirit Events.
  • If you are referring to the Starters' final evolutions, then sure but people are getting sick of Starter final evolutions being our reps.
  • ...I have no words to describe why that is a bad idea. Just... NO...
  • I never said it was a guarantee that they would be picked. It's just a reason why a Pokémon could still be chosen. EDIT: Especially since a spin-off series with a history of not selling all too well has become a best seller along with a very controversial main series game. It is abundantly clear that nearly anything Pokémon will be one of, if not the most popular things right now, even if the core fanbase doesn't care for it.
  • The existence of Spirit events is unrelated to my point on rights negotiations not being an issue with 1st parties.
  • People's feelings on the current state of Pokémon picks are unrelated to the fact that the base form starters and the box legendaries not being the likely picks. Furthermore, people were more than sick of Fire Emblem, and yet Byleth was still chosen; Nintendo does not care.
  • Like it or not, there is a possibility that the Spirits were planned at the same time as the Pass itself, which means that any non-fighter related content from the first pass could have been given a second consideration.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Like it or not, there is a possibility that the Spirits were planned at the same time as the Pass itself, which means that any non-fighter related content from the first pass could have been given a second consideration.
That still brings the question of why would you add spirits for a future fighter way ahead the actual fighter.
If Resident Evil was getting a fighter, why would they release the spirits ahead of time?
IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, THIS week feels way too bloated for Smash.

Dragalia's big event is Thursday

We have TGS AND the Hyrule Warriors news drop this coming weekend

Pokemon.... is a complete wildcard and could be dropped whenever.

I'm still banking on the last week of September/First week of October for the character, lines up with Amiibo theory and unless Pokemon decides to hog that week to itself, it seems like the best spot due to the posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom