• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Pokemon Guessing Game: Put 1-896 in a number generator and whatever number you get is the next DLC rep

Let's see, I got 647... KELDEO CONFIRMED. Ascended his Pokeball status like a king.
788, Tapu Fini joins the fight.

I did think it was kind of odd that the other three Tapus didn’t even get spirits in the base game...

Also, the reality that there are now dozens of new Pokémon from Galar I don’t recognize whatsoever has just set in and it terrifies me. When I was a kid I was so proud of knowing the name and number of every single Pokémon in the Dex, young me would be absolutely disappointed by my failure.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even as a Geno fan, I'm honestly more annoyed at the Partner Showcase reminding me that the first six core Final Fantasy titles still haven't been ported to Switch. Don't know what the hold up there is.
Lmao bold of you to assume that's ever going to happen when FF6 STILL never made it to the Wii U VC meaning if you want to buy the official release without it looking like dog **** you'd need to buy one of the 5 SNES Classics produced

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Guessing Game: Put 1-896 in a number generator and whatever number you get is the next DLC rep

Let's see, I got 647... KELDEO CONFIRMED. Ascended his Pokeball status like a king.
674, and it's...

UGH, not a chance! I do NOT like this Pokemon, why is it that this thing has shown up every generation since 6??

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
As a Geno fan, I am disappointed and a little frustrated at the lack of first party news. Wouldn't say I'm angry. And at least this Partner Showcase was a good step up from our last one!

Got 200, which means...

Oh hell yes!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, to go back on the topic of speculation, I think these partner showcase show what partner are really important to Nintendo. The first partner showcase was mostly about Atlus. We already have Joker from in the first pass, maybe he was chosen to strengthen the relationship between Nintendo and Atlus. Considering this, the second showcase have a pretty big focus on Square games (Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy crystal chronicles and Collection of Saga). I know Square already have one character in the first pass, but maybe they would want another one to stregnthen that relation even more.

Another thing to note is how Namco is pushing more and more the Taiko franchise in the West, which isn't that surprising considering the success of Drum N fun, and Sega is pushing more and more Puyo puyo in the West too. I wouldn't be surprise if Arle or Donchan end up being a character.

Thoughts? Recently there's not a lot of things going on to speculate, but maybe these partner showcase is a good base.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, to go back on the topic of speculation, I think these partner showcase show what partner are really important to Nintendo. The first partner showcase was mostly about Atlus. We already have Joker from in the first pass, maybe he was chosen to strengthen the relationship between Nintendo and Atlus. Considering this, the second showcase have a pretty big focus on Square games (Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy crystal chronicles and Collection of Saga). I know Square already have one character in the first pass, but maybe they would want another one to stregnthen that relation even more.

Another thing to note is how Namco is pushing more and more the Taiko franchise in the West, which isn't that surprising considering the success of Drum N fun, and Sega is pushing more and more Puyo puyo in the West too. I wouldn't be surprise if Arle or Donchan end up being a character.

Thoughts? Recently there's not a lot of things going on to speculate, but maybe these partner showcase is a good base.
Would Tecmo count even though they only showed Ryza 2 in the Japanese version of the first Partner Mini?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So did any of the 'insiders' saying there was something friday commented about this mini?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Would Tecmo count even though they only showed Ryza 2 in the Japanese version of the first Partner Mini?
Honestly I don't know why Atelier Ryza 2 was cut of the non Japanese version of the direct, the game is coming out in the West too. I'd say Tecmo is also a pretty important partner of Nintendo, especially considering they help developped Fire emblem three houses and both Nintendo warriors titles. I think Tecmo is definitely a developper that Nintendo would want to strengthen their relationship with.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So did any of the 'insiders' saying there was something friday commented about this mini?
Honestly it's hilarious seeing people act like getting two days wrong means zero credibility at all, though NateDrake insisted that it wasn't a partner direct due to misinfo from his source and Zhuge was 100% right

I.D.

Smash Lord
Honestly it's hilarious seeing people act like getting two days wrong means zero credibility at all, though NateDrake insisted that it wasn't a partner direct due to misinfo from his source and Zhuge was 100% right
Jumping the gun once is acceptable since nobody anticipated a partner showcase even being a thing, jumping the gun again just one month later is just a terrible look overall.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jumping the gun once is acceptable since nobody anticipated a partner showcase even being a thing, jumping the gun again just one month later is just a terrible look overall.
That doesn't change anything on credibility. He was right last month on a Direct, he just got the branding wrong and it was a letdown. Now he was off by 2 days and ****ed up by saying there'd be first party stuff, which was blatantly wrong. If you genuinely believe that those mean he's absolutely unreliable then I wonder how you reacted to your parents bringing you to a theme park when they said they were taking you to the dentist

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup I'm actually most curious about what he'll say. It was a mini and 2 days earlier. Guess people might take him less seriously now, unless he has some explanation

I.D.

Smash Lord
That doesn't change anything on credibility. He was right last month on a Direct, he just got the branding wrong and it was a letdown. Now he was off by 2 days and ****ed up by saying there'd be first party stuff, which was blatantly wrong. If you genuinely believe that those mean he's absolutely unreliable then I wonder how you reacted to your parents bringing you to a theme park when they said they were taking you to the dentist
Unreliable: not able to be relied upon.

Example in a sentence:
Doesn't matter too much if he has insider info if he keeps jumping to the wrong conclusions, as the info he gives out is unreliable.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

I did this 3 times to get some variety. I ended up with...

110. Weezing
376. Metagross
846. Arrokuda

Interesting bunch.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yup I'm actually most curious about what he'll say. It was a mini and 2 days earlier. Guess people might take him less seriously now, unless he has some explanation
Either way I get the feeling a lot of people here have trust issues in general
Unreliable: not able to be relied upon.

Example in a sentence:
Doesn't matter too much if he has insider info if he keeps jumping to the wrong conclusions, as the info he gives out is unreliable.
wow he got a few details wrong therefore his info being 90% reliable due to this mistake and his highly postive track record means he's completely unreliable like people are saying

I.D.

Smash Lord

wow he got a few details wrong therefore his info being 90% reliable due to this mistake and his highly postive track record means he's completely unreliable like people are saying
I can direct you to quite a few posts he's made these past couple of weeks stating with supreme confidence that there would be a direct on the 28th, that it would not be a partner showcase and that there would be first party announcements. Seems a little more than a few details wrong to me and it still doesn't change the fact that he jumped the gun again when he should have learned better from last month.
You're free to believe what you want, I promise you I won't be posting any more of his stuff here if/when he goes through the same song and dance for the rest of 2020.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Very interesting. Looks like nintendo's unpredictable right now XD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can direct you to quite a few posts he's made these past couple of weeks stating with supreme confidence that there would be a direct on the 28th, that it would not be a partner showcase and that there would be first party announcements. Seems a little more than a few details wrong to me and it still doesn't change the fact that he jumped the gun again when he should have learned better from last month.
You're free to believe what you want, I promise you I won't be posting any more of his stuff here if/when he goes through the same song and dance for the rest of 2020.
No, fair enough, it does count as backpedaling in my book, you're right.
I don't necessarily think he can't blame it on his source or whatever, but it does still lower trust in how good him or his source is for info.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes haha we've established how he was very wrong here despite reliable and unreliable not being black and white, which was my point as people seem to think it's black and white by saying he's lost all credibility and how we were fools for expecting someone who's consistently been right to have info, this wasn't directed at people who chose to be skeptical in the future knowing that he's had misinfo but again, the people acting like this means he's only ever going to be wrong from now on, you know, like how people act like Laura Kate Dale never had info despite being the first person to bring up Mario and Rabbids on the internet

I.D.

Smash Lord
Yes haha we've established how he was very wrong here despite reliable and unreliable not being black and white, which was my point as people seem to think it's black and white by saying he's lost all credibility and how we were fools for expecting someone who's consistently been right to have info, this wasn't directed at people who chose to be skeptical in the future knowing that he's had misinfo but again, the people acting like this means he's only ever going to be wrong from now on, you know, like how people act like Laura Kate Dale never had info despite being the first person to bring up Mario and Rabbids on the internet
I never even said he "never had info in the first place". He obviously has access to some info. I just said that if he's going to keep jumping the gun when it comes to Nintendo then that info is unreliable. He already seemed a little bit too emotionally invested in his last video with statements like "Nintendo HAS TO talk about their holiday season" and stuff.
Obviously the more things one gets wrong, the less reliable one's going to be considered.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Watched the Direct and honestly it was kinda good. Not great, by any definition of the word, but I didn't get up early to watch it and had abysmal expectations after the last Partner Showcase, so it played better to me. KH rhythm game, SaGa trilogy, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, that's neat stuff. And there was a lot of cool stuff in the "not for me" category, certainly didn't expect 2 Taiko RPGs. So I'm fine with this, if Partner Showcases are going to reach this standard (which I doubt) it'll be better than nothing.

After this though? No way we get any Nintendo Directs for the rest of the year. Any Nintendo stuff will be announced on Twitter, and that includes Smash.

I got 443.

...I love him
Even as a Geno fan, I'm honestly more annoyed at the Partner Showcase reminding me that the first six core Final Fantasy titles still haven't been ported to Switch. Don't know what the hold up there is.
Careful what you wish for, 100% we'd get the ****ty mobile versions.

Can't wait for FP7 to be Adonis Creed. About time really.
According to the direct thread on Era, C. Tsubasa insists something is happening on Friday and hasn’t shown up to retract that after today’s mini
How do you expect me to trust this guy? Couldn't even tell us he'd be on this showcase smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom