• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There's something beautiful about this being posted by the same guy who goes "welp, that settles it, X confirmed" at the smallest remarks. Like pottery
Says also the person that complained and acted pessimistic regarding the Who Guess? game regarding ARMS. ;)

Rich.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Gamescom is on the weekend and Tokyo Game Show is in September, so there may be a few cool Switch announcements on the horizon from other companies.

Smash and the rumoured Mario stuff however, is MIA.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
...Well, now I definitely understand how non-SMT fans felt last month, lol

No NMH is such a buzzkill!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly what bothers me the most is Nintendo having the ****ing nerve to say this

I hella respect Taiko and Puyo while KH stuff is usually pretty damn big but goddammit man I'm convinced NMHIII ended up being like Bayo 3, not actually existing but all a deliberate prank

Calamitas

Smash Champion
My thoughts on this Mini Direct: I'm tired.

And we're believing this person over everyone else because. . .?

I'm surprised you guys would still believe Nate and other insiders after this. Have you never heard of the story 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'? I wouldn't get your hopes up otherwise you're just gonna get disappointed again.
Jumping2Conclusions.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean, maybe? I seriously doubt they’d change their plans because a few people leaked some stuff.

I don’t know what the general consensus is here, but I think this absolutely deconfirms a direct on Friday.
Papagenos discord still thinks it could happen, lol.
No no, not sayong this has justbstarted now. This started late last year. Think about it, this year, how often have insiders been right? Nate and resetera co have been wrong so much. The only right guy decided never to say nintendo leaks again after he got the last partner showcase right do to all the hate he got from ****** rude baby fans.

Yup, knew it. Maybe we will be surprised but we shall see. Dont expect anything till next week.

Ninte do themselves still have not a single 1st party game for the rest of the year, which is unprecedented. We will get 1st party news at some point hopefully, unless nintendo truely has nothing

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sakurai decided to leave the rest of the Fighter Pass blank so that your most wanted doesn't get disconfirmed. Truly unpredictable, that guy.
What a nice guy! Now I can pretend my most wanteds are in the game without the fear of them getting disconfirmed. This is truly the ultimate Smash Bros!
Wouldn't that disconfirm everyone though?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly this whole thing has reached being pure farce for me. Its extremely likely that we'll hit (and pass) the one year mark between general directs, and its entirely reasonable to think that FP7 might very well be a mystery showcase ala Byleth, assuming it actually happens.

I hope I'm proven wrong as early as this week, but it just feels easier at the this point to just view 2020 as a relatively weak Nintendo year for games I'm interested in. The grand light at the end of the tunnel is increasingly appearing to not be coming and it'll probably just be a year I sigh and I shake my head at in the future. And that's okay. There's still a backlog of games to be done and some solid releases coming out elsewhere.

Its a comedy of errors at this point and all I can do is laugh and hope for the best in 2021.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Hey, I was just thinking about how if it turned out that Gordon Freeman is CP7, that it'd be absolutely perfect if the release date for his challenger pack was November 19, since that's the day the first Half-Life was released back in 1998.

Random fun Half-Life fact: It's older than Super Smash Bros 64.
(And by one year if you count the EU release as a separate game since that one was released in November 19 in 1999).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Says also the person that complained and acted pessimistic regarding the Who Guess? game regarding ARMS. ;)

Rich.
Please tell me how it's even remotely hypocritical to expect the worst possible outcome and disliking how that got stretched out for 3 months, bonus points if it's on the level of believing literally everything only to act like you always doubted insiders the second they were wrong

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly, I think its time I've taken a break from this thread. I'm completely burnt out of speculation and haven't been posting as much due to anything else to speculate.

If you want to find me, I'll be in the Social thread until further notice.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Hey, I was just thinking about how if it turned out that Gordon Freeman is CP7, that it'd be absolutely perfect if the release date for his challenger pack was November 19, since that's the day the first Half-Life was released back in 1998.

Random fun Half-Life fact: It's older than Super Smash Bros 64.
(And by one year if you count the EU release as a separate game since that one was released in November 19 in 1999).
They don't announce characters on anniversaries usually, we've been through this before. Last time they did it was Little Mac.

zferolie

Smash Hero
And yeah, gamescom is this weekend and tokyo game show next month. Maybe nintendo will just announce something there. They said they were looking away from directs for news drops.

Edit: i also can see just a surprise sakurai presents at some point in September or october. And thats where we get told our fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is why you don’t get hyped by the rumor mill. Hoping for NMH or Bayonetta news to salvage it like how SMT saved the last one. As for Smash, if I had to guess I’d say we’re getting a Robin-esque reveal mid September before the amiibos drop.

Edit: Just watched and damn that was worse than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
And yeah, gamescom is this weekend and tokyo game show next month. Maybe nintendo will just announce something there. They said they were looking away from directs for news drops.

Edit: i also can see just a surprise sakurai presents at some point in September or october. And thats where we get told our fighter.
Fat chance. They never announce anything at Gamescom. In fact, they're not even at it this year.

Staarih

Smash Master
I kinda find this situation funny, Nintendo really is stubborn and these so-called ”insiders” can’t catch a break. No hate on insiders as it’s not their fault, but hype control is definitely needed these days. What I’ve learnt is to not expect stuff and be pleasantly surprised. Today’s showcase was kinda refreshing imo.

Ninte do themselves still have not a single 1st party game for the rest of the year, which is unprecedented. We will get 1st party news at some point hopefully, unless nintendo truely has nothing
We know about Pikmin 3 Deluxe in October.
...but yeah that’s about it.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather remain totally in the dark than have my hopes continually raised and then immediately dashed over and over again. This was supposed to be the week that the 'big' direct was to drop.

I know people hate the over reaction, but I'm done with this. I hope Resetera follows through and bans each of the leakers who predicted a big direct to follow the previous two small directs we had to deal with. No more leakers; they all need to go.

Silence is much easier to handle than being promised a puppy only to be given a dollar store goldfish over and over and over again.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nintendo won't be at Gamescom.
Fat chance. They never announce anything at Gamescom. In fact, they're not even at it this year.
Gotcha. Just was throwing the idea out. Still mayne maybe Tokyo game show, or some sort of September direct is the most likely news spot for any big 2020 1st party news.

It is possible this year was gonna be slow for them in the first place too.

Edit: yeah forgot pikmin 3 deluxe. Never cared for the series so i forgot about it. Still, that is an october release. Nothing for the holidays other then the pokemon dlc...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there's really nothing else for this week, I hope people will stop talking about Nintendo direct rumours. We have one basically every month and it turns out to be wrong or there's a caveat of some sort.

Also besides, it's just getting old now. just wait and you shall receive.

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If there's really nothing else for this week, I hope people will stop talking about Nintendo direct rumours. We have one basically month and it turns out to be wrong or there's a caveat of some sort.

Also besides, it's just getting old now. just wait and you shall receive.
Yeah. We've been baited by leaks and promises of general Directs only to get Partner Showcases and Twitter shadowdrops.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Welp, after getting burned on July and getting the indie world right I thought they had learned their lesson. Guess not.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Jokes on him, my most wanted is John Cena and this confirms him
If only we could see him...

Those people are equally annoying if you ask me. People have good reason at this point to complain
All it does is let the negativity fester though. Some of the complaints are valid, so just let them get it out of their system and move on. It's not really worth the brain cells.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
While we're probalby not getting a direct in the near future. I'm still at least pretty optimistic on a stand-alone Sakurai presents sometime soon

We know there's no need to tie reveal with directs as shown with Byleth and Min Min. Not to mention the latter's been out for a couple months now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Fighter 7's well underway rn. Maybe not now in August, but I'm very confident in either September or October

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I don’t think we’re getting another direct for the next 3-4 weeks, at least.
However, I do think that them announcing a Sakurai Presents on Twitter is very likely.
If we got a Sakurai Presents on the 28th, then that gives Sakurai and the Smash Team 490 days to finish 4 more characters, or 4 months in-between each character. It’s been 5 months since the Arms character’s announcement and 2 months since it was revealed to be Min Min, so if we round it up (after finding the average) that’s 4 months. It just makes sense that we get a Smash announcement really soon, and I don’t think it’s happening in a direct.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna bring it up again:

Nintendo has a lot to answer for.

This is genuinely a weak showing and didn't have to happen again. They could have fused the the Partner Showcases but they seem to be intentionally dripfeeding information again. This has been going on since before the pandemic, so what gives?

Also, the last two times I pointed this out Nintendo had more to show soon afterwards, so... here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom