• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Have they ever announced a Smash character at Gamescom?
Don't think so but they never revealed a character at The Game Awards so there's a first for everything.

Can't really expect it, but it could happen I guess.

EDIT: Isn't Gamescom a smaller American event though? Why would Nintendo decide to do it then?

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I wonder, maybe the rumored direct is link to Gamescom somehow? I mean, insider have hint that there will be first and third party games but Nate said that the format isn't our traditionnal Nintendo direct. Gamescom's around the corner so maybe Nintendo decided to do something this year.
Nate never said that, all this time he just said that the Direct is going to have both first and third party games and if they don't announce it before the 28th then it will most likely be a Mini. Also I doubt it'll have something to do with Gamescom anyway since that thing is part of Geoff Keighley Summer Game Fest, which Nintendo isn't a part of.

Anyway, here's another update from good ol' ZhugeEx about the Direct:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even if it's a Mini, I think that we'll get something about CP7, even if it is another guessing game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Welp, I'll take anything that isn't another Partner Showcase.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Even if it's a Mini, I think that we'll get something about CP7, even if it is another guessing game.
I have to agree on this.

We haven't gotten a Direct WITHOUT Smash Information since March of 2018, the only exception i can think of are Nindies (which obviously are devoid of Smash Content) Specific non-Smash directs, and Parthner Showcase.

Every general Direct though, has featured Smash in some form or fashion, even the Feb Direct of 2019 which was basically "lol Joker is coming".

I mean, there's a first for everything, but seeing how they likely have nothing else to announce, reliying on that good old Smash Hype may benefit them.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have to agree on this.

We haven't gotten a Direct WITHOUT Smash Information since March of 2018, the only exception i can think of are Nindies (which obviously are devoid of Smash Content) Specific non-Smash directs, and Parthner Showcase.

Every general Direct though, has featured Smash in some form or fashion, even the Feb Direct of 2019 which was basically "lol Joker is coming".
Yeah, and this even applies to some Indies. If this is a General Direct or a Mini, there will be some information about CP7.

SKX31

Smash Master
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory's release date? Is this a game people already know about?
Yeah, it was originally announced 2 months ago:

Also, quick update:

"Tetris" refers to this conversation between Zhuge and Nibel.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
There's also the fact that none of the realistic candidates are Spirits, and the game itself doesn't have very many Spirits in general.
Yeah, pretty much this. Gen 8 still has a ton of Pokemon that could become playable and even more to fill up the fighter's spirit board with. Meanwhile TOK just got its only two OCs spirited. I still think a SwSh character is unlikely but the two aren't that comparable imo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And if that Mario 35th Anniversary Collection is real we'll definitely hear about that here, as well as some more information about Pikmin 3 Deluxe and the Crown Tundra.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And if that Mario 35th Anniversary Collection is real we'll definitely hear about that here, as well as some more information about Pikmin 3 Deluxe and the Crown Tundra.
I'd say the former will not be showing up if its a Direct Mini. That's something that they'd release with a ton of fanfare and a Direct Mini that they didn't even announce is anything but that.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure the collection is a hoax anyway.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd say the former will not be showing up if its a Direct Mini. That's something that they'd release with a ton of fanfare and a Direct Mini that they didn't even announce is anything but that.

Yeah, but I do expect more Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Crown Tundra information anyways, as well as CP7's reveal and some third-party titles.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Now that you mention it...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We might want to be cautious going forward.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Here's the thing about the Mario 3D Collection.

Depending on how it would be created, it would be an ABSURD amount of work. Not to mention. Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all individual valuable games. Obviously there hasn't been pricing on that, but it's WELL over the potential 50-60 dollar price tag.

I've been very skeptical of it even existing.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Dread it. Run from it. The LoL guessing game arrives all the same.

...On a serious note, if we did get a Mini, my hopes would be:
  • CP7 teaser
  • NMH3 news
  • Bayonetta 3 news
  • ...maybe Silksong? A man can dream.
And that's pretty much it.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Here's the thing about the Mario 3D Collection.

Depending on how it would be created, it would be an ABSURD amount of work. Not to mention. Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World are all individual valuable games. Obviously there hasn't been pricing on that, but it's WELL over the potential 50-60 dollar price tag.

I've been very skeptical of it even existing.
Everything that has been heard about it indicates it is 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1 ports that are upscaled. Nothing fancier than that. 3D World is supposedly getting a stand-alone release with some amount of new content.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nate never said that, all this time he just said that the Direct is going to have both first and third party games and if they don't announce it before the 28th then it will most likely be a Mini. Also I doubt it'll have something to do with Gamescom anyway since that thing is part of Geoff Keighley Summer Game Fest, which Nintendo isn't a part of.

KH:MoM release date is the best thing for me

zferolie

Smash Hero
Welp that 28th direct rumor was semi rightbut not what they wanted. I am never expecting a general direct again. Still so far some nice news shown in this

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Thoughts:
  • Hooray for Taiko getting localized for once!
  • Final Fantasy Legends seems interesting...
  • Oh cool. The new DLC is out. The new stuff to do will be great when I play it on PC this weekend.
    • EDIT: I'm talking about Minecraft Dungeons.
Everything else is a big meh.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Here's your direct
Wait what the fu- WORLD OF TANKS?! That's in the "Games I never expected to be on the Switch" category, and partly because that one's been on computers / mobiles (I think) for so long.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo of Russia helped facilitate that - WoT's really big in Russia IIRC and the devs are based in Minsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom