• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I was going to give you Kirsty, but the picture was too big then I realized that would probably be way too mean.
Ironic that the series that removed all of its RPG elements and lovable story and characters for Stickers now gets its main character deconfirmed by them. (Spirits, stickers, same old same old, OK not really but close enough)

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well If that Apex Legends rumor i posted is true, yeah it does seem like it would be a Mii Costume, considering it only specified character and Music License

I guess you got to rep EA in Some way, They are one of the biggest Video Game Companies after all and have games on Switch. I just don't think they'd get a Playable character, but representation honestly doesn't surprise me thinking about it

I guess on the topic of Western Companies, Activision/Blizzard, Microsoft, WB Games/Netherrealm Studios, and Riot games are the Western Companies I expect have the best chance of a Western character, and all 4 Have merits over each other, so if we are only getting one Western character it's honestly hard to choose. There's also Valve, Sony, and Rockstar but I don't know about those 3

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
puts on tinfoil hat

I have an idea to propose. Direct seems to be before the end of August, right? August pretty much ends this week. We get a spirit event today: Paper Mario, 3 brand new spirits. A Mario RPG spirit event. Seems almost too perfect for a Geno reveal in a direct this week, right? Didn't something happen with a spirit event right before Byleth was announced?

Idk guys, as pessimistic as this thread can be about Geno, I wouldn't be too surprised, especially since Geno also fits the criteria of the "new worlds" theory.
With all of this Mario Anniversary business going on, perhaps I wouldn't be surprised if something like Geno in Smash was apart of the celebration.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
With all of this Mario Anniversary business going on, perhaps I wouldn't be surprised if something like Geno in Smash was apart of the celebration.
I doubt anything will happen. Mario's 30th anniversary went on during Smash 4's DLC cycle, and we only got a stage from a recently released game (and that stage getting in Smash might've had nothing to do with the anniversary.) All the anniversaries of other franchises have gotten either a Tweet from Sakurai or a small event (Conquest, tournament, etc).

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Sad about Paper Mario, while it doesn't 100% kill his chance it seems unlikely they would release those three spirits before his DLC pack if he was coming. RIP.

I wouldn't mind some small Apex Legends content (it's a good game no matter EA's trashy moves).

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Okay so.

If this direct really is Friday, when do you expect it to be announced?
Nate says it's a general if announced Thursday, and a mini if shadowdropped. Based on past events, I could also see the general on Wednesday and the mini on Thursday. In other words:

Wednesday-General
Thursday-Either way
Friday-Shadowdropped mini

Staarih

Smash Master
I doubt anything will happen. Mario's 30th anniversary went on during Smash 4's DLC cycle, and we only got a stage from a recently released game (and that stage getting in Smash might've had nothing to do with the anniversary.) All the anniversaries of other franchises have gotten either a Tweet from Sakurai or a small event (Conquest, tournament, etc).
Yeah, probably not have a Mario character in Smash because of the anniversary, but if they are intending to add one in the first place, announcing them as part of the Mario celebrations could be fun. I mean, it’s high time for FP7 anyway, and it’ll likely occurr with the supposed new Mario stuff (if they’re in the same Direct). There’ll always be those people who consider it is intentional even if things would just line up like that anyway.

This point is moot if FP7 is not a Mario character though, obviously.
RIP Paper Mario

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, anniversaries usually mean jack for Smash. If they did mean anything, we would've gotten Min Min's overview a week early. Even if Mario is the video game character, he hasn't gotten major Smash celebrations in the past, so he probably won't get any now.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Welp, rip Paper Mario. Can't say I'm all that bummed about it. I like Geno and Waluigi more, and Paper Mario wouldn't make my shortlist of wanteds. Sorry to anyone that really wanted him.

Unless they pull a 180 from their implications that FP2 will be our last, it's too late for Apex Legends to be getting a full challenger pack. Which is good. I don't think anyone here, nor the casual masses, are wanting an Apex Legends character that much. I know the game is pretty unappealing to me, at least. I'm down for a spirit event, though.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Wait actually, Since Mario is the current topic

How are you guys feeling about Another Mario Character in This Fighter Pass, Both in Likelihood and Want?
In the unlikely camp, the base game added Daisy and the first DLC technically was the Plant. Plus its hard to think think of what tracks, spirits to add and even a stage.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
puts on tinfoil hat

I have an idea to propose. Direct seems to be before the end of August, right? August pretty much ends this week. We get a spirit event today: Paper Mario, 3 brand new spirits. A Mario RPG spirit event. Seems almost too perfect for a Geno reveal in a direct this week, right? Didn't something happen with a spirit event right before Byleth was announced?

Idk guys, as pessimistic as this thread can be about Geno, I wouldn't be too surprised, especially since Geno also fits the criteria of the "new worlds" theory.
That's a far reach bro.

Like, don't get me wrong I think Geno is pretty likely this time around all things considered. But Origami King spirits have nothing to do with it.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
puts on tinfoil hat

I'm not pessmistic about Geno, I just flat-out don't want or care for the guy. There's a difference.

Sorry to said this, but Team Chicken won the Splatfest this week, so the real chicken came first, not the egg.

So that's how the truth dies. With a Splatfest.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
Wait actually, Since Mario is the current topic

How are you guys feeling about Another Mario Character in This Fighter Pass, Both in Likelihood and Want?
Assuming it's 100% for sure that the final fighter for FP2 is the final DLC, that would make it Fighter #81. It would be really neat to have a Mario character being the final fighter for two reasons: Mario made his debut in 1981, and the first and last fighters of Smash Ultimate are Mario characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom