• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
BoTW isn’t exactly lacking for representation as it stands though, not anymore than any other Zelda game. Link is based on BoTW in quite a few aspects,, Great Plateau Tower is one of the few new stages, the music it has is mostly in and it already has its small main cast as Spirits and even the pre-order bonus for the Fighters Pass 2 was a Mii Costume from the game. If this is “a new world” then so is Modern Kirby for Bandana Dee or Tropical Freeze for Dixie.
We don't know what BOTW2 will have in it. I see Nintendo trying to pimp their biggest title in Smash. We also haven't had a new Zelda character since Brawl.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly it would be cool if they were saving the Luigi's Mansion Spirits for the Reveal of Character Costumes, With Gooligi as a Alt Costume for Luigi

Though, I'm not a Luigi's Mansion expert, were there enough notable new characters for a Spirit Event Dedicated to Luigi's Mansion 3
All of the mook type ghosts are new, and the game has a whole bunch of boss ghosts. And of course there's Gooigi.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Even if Paper Mario is out, not all is lost!

There’s still Metal Mario, Baby Mario, Gold Mario, Frog Mario, Cat Mario, Tanooki Mario, Mario in a Kart, Penguin Mario, tall Mario, balloon Mario, 8 bit Mario, Mario Tennis Aces Mario, Fire Mario, Hammer Bro Mario, Hotel Mario Mario, Super Mario Bros Super Show Mario, Wedding Dress Mar-

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

There’s still Metal Mario, Baby Mario, Gold Mario, Frog Mario, Cat Mario, Tanooki Mario, Mario in a Kart, Penguin Mario, tall Mario, balloon Mario, 8 bit Mario, Mario Tennis Aces Mario, Fire Mario, Hammer Bro Mario, Hotel Mario Mario, Super Mario Bros Super Show Mario, Wedding Dress Mar-
Don't forget Dr. Baby Mario, the real newcomer Mario needs.

Green Mario on the other hand would only be a second banana. Get evil Mario in first.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Hey, so Over on Gamefaqs, Apparently some guy is saying there's a rumor in the inside that Nintendo Paid for an Apex Legends character and some music License last year

Now I know anyone can say anything, but since this is out there, I'm wondering if people have been hearing of this rumor as well. I would never Expect EA to be Represented in Smash despite how big they are, but you know, anything's Possible
I don’t see why they’d choose Apex over Fortnite or Overwatch.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Real talk I'm kinda sad.

He was my old most wanted before Inklings were a thing back in the Smash 4 days.

Guess we're back to new Spirit events. Let the chaos commence. :evil:
And with that, another character is left behind in the rampant world of speculation. Who will be the next to fall?

Um... I don't know, Gooigi? Like a goo-themed Spirit event?

7NATOR

Smash Master
All of the mook type ghosts are new, and the game has a whole bunch of boss ghosts. And of course there's Gooigi.
Perhaps. Well yeah maybe they are saving it for something perhaps. I don't know if they would make it Waluigi's Spirit board if Waluigi hypothetically got in.I could see a Gooligi Costume for Luigi though, if Nintendo finally wants to do cosmetics for characters that aren't miis.

That or maybe they'll just shove in Gooligi out of nowhere in a Spirit event

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

You're forgetting the most important Mario.
For his neutral special he wields a gun.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You guys sure this definitively deconfirms Paper Mario?
I assume so. Why would they add completely new spirits to represent a series that will be represented as a full challenger pack later on in the pass?

Now if they add characters that don't have stages/music/spirits attached then Paper Mario could potentially be in the running but the likelihood of that is quite low.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wait everyone! There's still hope for Mario!

There still hasn't been ANYTHING added from Dr. Mario World! We can make this work!
I'm curious as to how medical degrees are handed out so freely in the Mario verse.

We got Babies with degrees, now we're giving degrees to the Squids?!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Perhaps. Well yeah maybe they are saving it for something perhaps. I don't know if they would make it Waluigi's Spirit board if Waluigi hypothetically got in.
Not unless he's in the next Mario Kart.

...That's totally going to be a thing isn't it?

Still better than Baby Rosalina, who both didn't exist beforehand, and contradicts cannon.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wait everyone! There's still hope for Mario!

There still hasn't been ANYTHING added from Dr. Mario World! We can make this work!
It's a squid, therefore it's good. :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:

Doctor Blooper for Smash.

I'm curious as to how medical degrees are handed out so freely in the Mario verse.

Squids are very talented.

Doctor Blooper is following their dream, I'm so proud of them.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Not unless he's in the next Mario Kart.

...That's totally going to be a thing isn't it?

Still better than Baby Rosalina, who both didn't exist beforehand, and contradicts cannon.
Wait, is this exclusive to Baby Rosalina, or to other Baby Characters not Baby Mario and Luigi (cause of Partners in Time)

Goombaic

Smash Ace

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
They probably just thought it wouldn't be that weird after they gave one to:
  • A dinosaur
  • A baby star
  • An ape
  • A monkey
  • A dead guy
  • Various people more than once, but now they're wearing a different outfit
  • Three Goombas in a lab coat
  • A dolphin
  • And an NES sprite
They're being inclusive. Don't judge.

Wait, is this exclusive to Baby Rosalina, or to other Baby Characters not Baby Mario and Luigi (cause of Partners in Time)
Well I think Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time are in a separate cannon from Yoshi's Island, but Baby Rosalina in particular contradicts Super Mario Galaxy's canon, as her hair color is incorrect.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Mario Imagination Police™ which neutered Paper Mario isn't really doing their job properly if they're letting things like Dr. Baby Daisy exist freely and without fear of the divine retribution unleashing a creature such as that upon the world would wrought.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Octopi are better :secretkpop:
This is a factual statement. Their smiles light up the night sky.

S2_playable_Octoling_teeth.jpeg

Anyhoo, Paper Mario was the Mario character I was leaning towards the most. With him now most likely out of the running, I'm back to thinking Mario probably ain't getting anything, as I'm not really all that confident in the options left.

D

Deleted member

Had Min Min been a character from a series with pre-existing representation via characters, stages, and items, like Toad or Skull Kid then I'd agree we should throw the "new worlds" statement out the window. But we got neither of those characters, so the precedent still stands until proven otherwise.
Don’t Assist Trophies count as items?🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You're forgetting the most important Mario.

For his neutral special he wields a gun.
Those are just super scopes painted black.

Anyway imagine the devolution gun transforming characters in older versions of themselves. Revert Bayo to her smash 4 self and let the fun begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom