• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So much for a character reveal after the NEW is removed from the Smash Ultimate site.

So much for insider leakers being crediable, eh?

So much for general directs following after Indie Directs?

Patterns that have been pretty much broken at this point.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It could be announced this Friday and actually happen on the 31st. There’s maintenance that day
Maybe, but dont get your hopes up. If it happens it happens.

Still, this was a much better partner showcase then last one. Actual good games were shown and no wwe shovelware crap.

Is there a japanese dorect as well? Anything only shown there?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I have to agree on this.

We haven't gotten a Direct WITHOUT Smash Information since March of 2018, the only exception i can think of are Nindies (which obviously are devoid of Smash Content) Specific non-Smash directs, and Parthner Showcase.

Every general Direct though, has featured Smash in some form or fashion, even the Feb Direct of 2019 which was basically "lol Joker is coming".

I mean, there's a first for everything, but seeing how they likely have nothing else to announce, reliying on that good old Smash Hype may benefit them.
............Well, i should have kept my mouth shut.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calling it now. Not getting a general direct nor the next fighter for that matter for the rest of this year. It's certainly gonna happen at this point.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Wow. That Partner Direct was real boring. At least the last one had SMT5, at this point I feel like the 'Partner Direct' subtitle is beyond repair.

I hope the September rumours are true, but we've had rumours over and over this year resulting in Minis and Partners. I'll only believe in a General Direct when Nintendo themselves announces it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Update: Nate and Grubb are claiming there are still stuff that haven't been revealed yet. The plot thickens.
They've cried wolf one too many times. At this point, I don't believe it and expect were not getting anything else for the rest of this year.

Wake me up when I see pigs flying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meh, the most hyped game for me was Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Definitely better than last partners showcase since they showed more games for this year.

Still, lack of certain 3rd games like Doom Eternal, No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 2 is weird. I imagine Nintendo is planning something but idk what or when.

Damn Nintendo is weird.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
We shall see. Part of me thinks nintendo may be purposefully dropping fake stuff now to throw all insiders off
I mean, maybe? I seriously doubt they’d change their plans because a few people leaked some stuff.

I don’t know what the general consensus is here, but I think this absolutely deconfirms a direct on Friday.
Papagenos discord still thinks it could happen, lol.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
This better be some major fat trimming if a proper is still coming soon.
Calling it now. Not getting a general direct nor the next fighter for that matter for the rest of this year. It's certainly gonna happen at this point.
Based on what are you concluding this? No general I can understand but I don't see much reason to not expect us getting character 7 this year unless you're overly pessimistic or contrarian.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pretty nice that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is a thing.
Legit, the only thing I know about the first game is

"Give me what is inside of you!"
"I'll help you wrestle that book cover to cover! And under the covers too."
"I just want to examine him all over."
"Things come easy with a sword like this!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Based on what are you concluding this? No general I can understand but I don't see much reason to not expect us getting character 7 this year unless you're overly pessimistic or contrarian.
Can you blame me and others though? These so-called insiders have cried wolf one too many times already. Why should we still believe them at this point?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm surprised you guys would still believe Nate and other insiders after this. Have you never heard of the story 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'? I wouldn't get your hopes up otherwise you're just gonna get disappointed again.
There's something beautiful about this being posted by the same guy who goes "welp, that settles it, X confirmed" at the smallest remarks. Like pottery

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean, even if I liked this presentation more than the last, I can certainly see why people would be disappointed. Aside from SMT, very little of the "high-profile" stuff was revealed in these. I guess you could count KH (even though it's a spinoff) and PPT2, but they're certainly not the third party titles people have been actually craving info for.

I just hope NMH hasn't been delayed...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Can you blame me and others though? These so-called insiders have cried wolf one too many times already. Why should we still expect anything at this point?
Don't get it twisted though, a bunch of leakers with incorrect information doesn't in any way translate to no fighter getting revealed this year. I don't expect a general direct this year, but I would be shocked if there was no fighter reveal.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
At this point, I'm more interested in what's in store at Gamescom. Final Fantasy Legends collection is cool but roms and emulators exist. The Switch getting a Kingdom Hearts game is cool but I'd rather see the Story so far appear on the Switch so I can finally see why people like the series so much.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There is no way a General is coming after this IMO. No offense to Nate, but I definitely don't trust him on specifics after this. I think the guy definitely hears that games are coming, but he's been off about the kind of Direct we'd be getting twice now, and now failed to get the date for news right this time.

I personally feel confident that this kills a Friday General's chances. If a traditional Direct was coming, there would be no reason to hold this Partner Showcase or announce Pikmin 3 earlier in the month via a tweet. I feel very, very confident FP7 is getting revealed in a Sakurai Presents next month.

But who cares about Smash when we got PUYO PUYO 2 HECK YEAH LET'S GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom