• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Can you just go away before you dox yourself again? Unlike you, cosmicB doesn't pretend to have info and spew blatant lunacy all the time
That was uncalled for. **** like this is what keeps the petty Geno thread vs. General thread dynamic going. Do you want the stupid petty flame wars to continue?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Going to leave this here - you're correct that liking Yuri doesn't mean not liking Lloyd, but it's clear that the conversation around Tales in Japan is a bit more mixed at least in regards to its representative than i would've thought.

Cool, I mean it's nice to hear but under what authority is this person speaking from? Just observation? I'm very unfamiliar with what 5chan is btw, a japanese message board for Japan?

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I mean it's nice to hear but under what authority is this person speaking from? Just observation? I'm very unfamiliar with what 5chan is btw, a japanese message board for Japan?
I'm assuming just observation, and the poster (at least to my knowledge) is/knows Japanese, while 5chan is one of the more popular image/text boards in Japan.

In general though, unless it's an Official Poll or well run (like Source Gaming's was) I tend to take polls with a grain of salt with how easily they could be skewed due to any single fandom telling their supporters to vote for their character.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can you just go away before you dox yourself again? Unlike you, cosmicB doesn't pretend to have info and spew blatant lunacy all the time
You realize hating me this much is kind of a waste of energy, right? I stay out of this thread for the most part because of stuff like this and it really does beg the question: what's the point? It's just kind of ironic that people chide me for being wrong about my prediction for 5 (8 months later, mind you) when most of the fanbase was pulling the lever for KOS-MOS, Dante, Sora, Travis, etc because of surface level things. Like I said back then, too many people were being wishy-washy and it made everything worse so I took a chance. Swing and a miss but that's life. Contrary to popular belief, being afraid of being wrong is not an admirable trait.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Love to drag up months old posts because someone dared suggest you're not worth listening to.
Plus, it completely misses the point. It's fine if you are wrong when speculating. But if you are going to play the "I have inside info wink-wink" card, then you'll need to have correct info or else you can be dismissed into the pile of every other poster where they are just speculating with whatever they think plus what's publicly known. You don't get to clout chase with supposed leaks and also demand that your info not be held to higher standard. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Plus, it completely misses the point. It's fine if you are wrong when speculating. But if you are going to play the "I have inside info wink-wink" card, then you'll need to have correct info or else you can be dismissed into the pile of every other poster where they are just speculating with whatever they think plus what's publicly known. You don't get to clout chase with supposed leaks and also demand that your info not be held to higher standard. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
I'm not gonna get into the whole speculation/insider ****, it's dumb as hell.
But coming into a thread and dragging up old posts like this is incredibly poor form.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You realize hating me this much is kind of a waste of energy, right? I stay out of this thread for the most part because of stuff like this and it really does beg the question: what's the point? It's just kind of ironic that people chide me for being wrong about my prediction for 5 (8 months later, mind you) when most of the fanbase was pulling the lever for KOS-MOS, Dante, Sora, Travis, etc because of surface level things. Like I said back then, too many people were being wishy-washy and it made everything worse so I took a chance. Swing and a miss but that's life. Contrary to popular belief, being afraid of being wrong is not an admirable trait.
Let's be honest, nobody would care about you being wrong if you were merely speculating.

It's because you keep acting like an insider all but in name that people question your validity as a source of information. When one of the biggest speculation threads on this site hang on to your words and use them as a source while discussing certain characters' chances, yes, I think they have right to bring up your track record.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Love to drag up months old posts because someone dared suggest you're not worth listening to.
Only reason I'm here is because someone brought it to my attention. Again, that's a hell of a glass house approach if everyone ever wrong about anything is "not worth listening to." It's essentially the same as saying "all their opinions are invalid" and there's a disturbingly large number of people here that think that's totally fine. People don't seem to realize what all that entails, again, in the face of crippling irony that this is a speculation board and discussion is primarily driven by individual opinions.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know this is not going to go well, but whether he is right or wrong, let's not get on Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's case here, shall we? He is a human, and humans are imperfect. You may not have to like him, but that doesn't mean you should be so negative and act like this to him. There is always something more to anyone such as him that we don't know right off the bat. Plus, as SharkLord SharkLord said, this will just continue the petty wars between this topic and the Geno thread, which is really unnecessary. Just let him be, okay? You're no better the way you are negatively treating him, anyway.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh heck I forgot Yakuza and Ace Attorney technically crossed over because of Project X Zone.

Video games are wild.
The same series in which Sakura Wars crossover with:

-Mega Man
-Resident Evil*
-Street Fighter
-Xenoblade
-Fire Emblem

Maybe Sakura Shinguji could see that opportunity again?

*Yes, I know this series got its representation as a post launch Spirit Event.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Only reason I'm here is because someone brought it to my attention. Again, that's a hell of a glass house approach if everyone ever wrong about anything is "not worth listening to." It's essentially the same as saying "all their opinions are invalid" and there's a disturbingly large number of people here that think that's totally fine. People don't seem to realize what all that entails, again, in the face of crippling irony that this is a speculation board and discussion is primarily driven by individual opinions.
I'm pretty sure that person didn't force you to post here.
Regular speculators get **** wrong all the time and that's fine, but when you allegedly have "inside info" and use that to inform your "speculation" you're under far greater scrutiny. That should go without saying really.

Edit: Guess I got into it after all lol

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow you're so smart there's no difference between random people speculating while being wrong and someone claiming to be a leaker with inside info being wrong constantly please forgive me

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm pretty sure that person didn't force you to post here.
Regular speculators get **** wrong all the time and that's fine, but when you allegedly have "inside info" and use that to inform your "speculation" you're under far greater scrutiny. That should go without saying really.

Edit: Guess I got into it after all lol
There's a wide gulf between criticism and flat out attacking a person. A lot of people here don't know the difference. As I've said many times before, this has gotten into weirdly personal territory as if harassment and death threats of not only me but my friends are totally justified and this thread in particular has egged a lot of it on. It was old in June 2019 and it's old now and I'm kind of tired of being sent PMs and screenshots from friends where there's yet another "**** Fatman" roundtable discussion going on in this thread.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have a confession; I was the one who alerted Fatmanonice to that post. Though it was his choice to respond to that post and not mine, and that I did not even know he would respond, I feel responsible here. I feel I should not have alerted him to that post, or none of this would happen.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Welp, might as well throw my hat in the ring.

To put it bluntly, I'm holding pretty much everyone accountable. On one hand, Fatman is not the devil incarnate, or the creature from the deep, or whatever comparisons we're using today. He's just a guy, and if I'm going to be honest he seems pretty chill. He should be able to go wherever without getting bullied off the thread.

On the other hand, there's the whole issue about the supposed insider info. When you claim to have that kind of info, you'll be held under much greater scrutiny. If you keep getting things wrong despite the supposed insider info, your credibility will tank. Goes for everyone, really. Acting all high and mighty about one of your guesses won't help either, no matter how much of an ***hole other people are. You can throw out a guess and go "Hey, I was right. Sweet!" without the "I know everything" attitude.

Part of the leaker issue isn't even Fatman's fault anyways; He can't control what the Geno thread does. It's not his fault that some people take his predictions as fact, even after he stresses that it's just theorycraft. In general, the thread gets a bit ahead of itself at times. Once someone there pretty much told me "**** off, we wanna speculate!" for daring to give my opinion on one little thing that may or may not mean anything. The blockade against any form of negativity lets confirmation bias take hold, and Fatman's word becomes the gospel, even after he stresses that he's just guessing. Doesn't help that he's oh-so smug bout getting things right even though he's just speculating. He'd got insider info so he's obviously true, but he's just guessing so he can't be held accountable.

What I'm saying is, both sides should just drop the aggression and just speculate together. That's the entire point of an online forum, right?
I have a confession; I was the one who alerted Fatmanonice to that post. Though it was his choice to respond to that post and not mine, and that I did not even know he would respond, I feel responsible here. I feel I should not have alerted him to that post, or none of this would happen.
No, no, you're fine. Sitting around doing nothing won't get us anywhere; If we don't deal with this issuewe'll have to deal with this needless petty bull**** until the SmashBoards train crashes and burns. Let's get this out of the way now and be done with it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, no, you're fine. Sitting around doing nothing won't get us anywhere; If we don't deal with this issuewe'll have to deal with this needless petty bull**** until the SmashBoards train crashes and burns. Let's get this out of the way now and be done with it.
Agreed. The sooner the better. Still, I do feel bad some. I will get over it, though.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
I am really wanting Crazy Dave from Plants vs zombies. To me he is a dark horse pick as in that he is from pretty popular franchise but he isn’t ever really discussed in smash speculation. The main reason is probably because he is owned by ea. I think another reason is that the pvz franchise isn’t on any Nintendo consoles other than plants vs zombies 1 (I think, I maybe wrong but I couldn’t find any other ones). Not that a character has to be on a Nintendo console to be in but it certainly helps. Speculation for might increase though if plants vs zombies battle for neighborville comes to switch. Feel free to give your thoughts on Crazy Dave and his (Sadly probably slim) chance of getting in.
When only one person likes your post and no replies even though for asked for people to give their thoughts but instead all they do is bite each other’s heads off about old posts and geno speculation. while I support geno I think both sides are to blame in this situation. ( thanks sharklord for liking though)
EF0F437F-6290-41B6-8B09-DB8BD94AC652.jpeg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
CannonStreak CannonStreak I find it odd that you're trying to take fatman's side, considering what I know. (Aslo, ps I kinda think it's crummy that you just stopped talking with me all of a sudden the other day)

Some people deserve some criticism. They can use whatever mental gymnastics to avoid it or think they're being 'attacked', but sometimes even though people shouldn't be negative, it's still right to show that people don't approve. Obviously there's better ways than being negative in a lot of caes. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like in some cases there's so much they put in front to defend their ego, that there's no way to get through and help them realize they've been ****ty.

I'll stop there, because I still don't enjoy arguments that much XD

As for speculation, I kinda feel like I need to know the next character to get an idea of what nintendo's thinking, I'm not convinced by any popular thoughts or picks right now

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Wow you're so smart there's no difference between random people speculating while being wrong and someone claiming to be a leaker with inside info being wrong constantly please forgive me
Cutie, stop being rude, you're making things worse. Just please shut up right now. You don't need to start acting like a douchebag.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh ho ho, we talkin' Tales earlier? Specifically, are we talking Yuri Lowell?

pLZyR6U.jpg

My time has come.

download (1).png

Alright, listen up y'all, Yuri Lowell is a certified cool guy. He's rad. He's one of the sassiest characters to ever grace Tales of, and is honestly, in my humble opinion, one of the most fun to control characters in any JRPG ever. And while at first glance he may seem like just another "anime swordsman", Yuri would bring his own unique flavor to the archetype by way of Vesperia's Over Limit mechanic (I'll get to that more in a minute) and his ability to not only wield swords, but also axes! Not only that, but thanks to the way Tales of games work, he has an extensive list of moves to pull from: Ranging from projectiles, super fast jabs, and even a magic field that heals himself and damages enemies. He also has the potential to showcase some of the slickest Final Smashes with Mystic Artes, Vesperia's equivalent to a super move.

Now see, Over Limit is interesting because what it would allow Yuri to do if replicated faithfully in Smash, is give Yuri a brief period of time where he basically has access to animation cancels that allow him to become a combo machine. It also boosts his damage and overall speed quite a bit, but he's still vulnerable and can even be knocked out of the Over Limit state if he's beaten up enough to the point where he gets stunned. It's a bit like Joker's Rebel's Guard, admittedly, except the consequences for knocking him out of it could leave him in a shield break stun.

Most Tales games already play very similarly to Smash Brothers in that you have a neutral attack button and a "special" button. Combat is very combo based, and most fighting game fundamentals apply here: Positioning and reading your opponent is very much part of the game, and there's a whole multitude of strategies to use in each fight depending on your party and who you personally choose to play as: In most Tales of games, you get to choose which of the party members available to you you play as, and they all work radically different from one another. Take a look here if you're interested:

(WARNING, THOUGH! This showcases the game's combos and fights, so if you care about spoilers, maybe don't watch it.)

Now for the content Yuri could bring. Tales games can have a bit of a spotty record with OSTs in my humble opinion (I love Graces to death but my word some of the tracks sound like RPG Maker music), but thankfully, Vesperia is one of the better ones. You have a sick battle theme that changes throughout the course of the story to reflect the current mood of the story and characters, fantastic overworld themes that change just like the battle themes do, and overall great tracks like this. There's also the legendary theme of the game, Ring a Bell.

There's also a whole cast of wonderfully iconic characters that would make for great Spirits and references to iconic moments in the game (I'll refrain from specifics to avoid spoilers). There's also fantastic stage potential with wonderful locations such as Halure, a quiet village with a huge cherry blossom tree forming a barrier around it to protect it from the monsters that roam the world, to the City of Dahngrest, location of the Guild Union that is independent from the main governing force of Terca Lumeries (Vesperia's world) "The Empire". Side note, Dahngarest has a rockin' theme.

I adore Vesperia. I love Yuri Lowell. He's an interesting character that differs from the usual Tales of norm by having a character arc that deals with the concepts of justice and whether or not it's right to take matters into your own hands. He plays off of the game's cast extremely well and helps make up for Vesperia's admittedly lackluster plot once it hits its finale. Lloyd is an excellent choice by all means, and I will be absolutely overjoyed with any Tales fighter, but if I had to take my pick, Yuri's the one. He's just really, really cool.

If you managed to read through this huge atrocity of a wall of text, thank you, lol. I'm no good at doing huge character essays like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon or coming up with good arguments like Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , but I am a huge Vesperia fan and I wanted to take a moment to share with y'all why I think he's rad. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CannonStreak CannonStreak I find it odd that you're trying to take fatman's side, considering what I know. (Aslo, ps I kinda think it's crummy that you just stopped talking with me all of a sudden the other day)

Some people deserve some criticism. They can use whatever mental gymnastics to avoid it or think they're being 'attacked', but sometimes even though people shouldn't be negative, it's still right to show that people don't approve. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like in some cases there's so much they put in front to defend their ego, that there's no way to get through and help them realize they've been ****ty.

As for speculation, I kinda feel like I need to know the next character to get an idea of what nintendo's thinking, I'm not convinced by any popular thoughts or picks right now
You find it odd? What can I say? Not only do I not find people acting negatively towards Fatman to be any better and rather make him look innocent, but I believe in fair treatment for all, no matter who it is we talk about.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Some people deserve some criticism. They can use whatever mental gymnastics to avoid it or think they're being 'attacked', but sometimes even though people shouldn't be negative, it's still right to show that people don't approve. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like in some cases there's so much they put in front to defend their ego, that there's no way to get through and help them realize they've been ****ty.

Yes, people have a right to criticize. Yes, Fatman should be criticized. But some people can't tell the difference between constructive criticism and flat-out attacking someone, and that makes them no better than the one they're criticizing. We're all at fault here.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You find it odd? What can I say? Not only do I not find people acting negatively towards Fatman to be any better and rather make him look innocent, but I believe in fair treatment for all, no matter who it is we talk about.
I think there's something wrong with that. And maybe that's kinda what some people do, they twist dissent to try to make themselves look like a victim instead of deserving of the disapproval, but I don't think everyone sees it like that.

Sometimes even normal (not negative) talk can be spun to be seen as if it's some kind of attack. We don't need that crap. Anyway, you know why I think it's odd.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Tales games are pretty outside my knowledge base, but I do hope that, at a minimum, we get Lloyd's Mii costume back. I've got this nagging worry that some of the SSB4 Mii costumes might end up never getting brought into Ultimate, either as a costume again or "upgraded" to a full character. I know we're not missing too many, and the fact that Heihachi's costume just came back suggests they're still intending on using them, but still.

Same honestly goes for Geno, in my book. I really don't care enough one way or the other about whether they make him a full character, but I'll be bummed if they somehow end up skipping out on at least bringing the Mii costume back. It would be a pretty obvious omission given how many they did bring back.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think there's something wrong with that. And maybe that's kinda what some people do, they twist dissent to try to make themselves look like a victim instead of deserving of the disapproval, but I don't think everyone sees it like that.

Sometimes even normal (not negative) talk can be spun to be seen as if it's some kind of attack. We don't need that crap. Anyway, you know why I think it's odd.
Well, I am a bit, or more than a bit of a humanitarian. I know he might be subject to criticism like anyone else, but like SharkLord SharkLord said, there is a difference between criticism and attacking someone. I do not care about what is said about someone if what is said is attacking them.

Now, can we just move on from this, please?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, people have a right to criticize. Yes, Fatman should be criticized. But some people can't tell the difference between constructive criticism and flat-out attacking someone, and that makes them no better than the one they're criticizing. We're all at fault here.
I don't deny that. A lot of times it always seems to come back to that, to find a way to not be negative, and share what you think , even criticize, without blowing things up. But honestly, with what I've seen, sometimes it doesn't matter, and the walls are thick, So what do you do in that case? Not saying negativity is the answer, but sometimes it's hard to know how else to share what you feel.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There's a wide gulf between criticism and flat out attacking a person. A lot of people here don't know the difference. As I've said many times before, this has gotten into weirdly personal territory as if harassment and death threats of not only me but my friends are totally justified and this thread in particular has egged a lot of it on. It was old in June 2019 and it's old now and I'm kind of tired of being sent PMs and screenshots from friends where there's yet another "**** Fatman" roundtable discussion going on in this thread.
Alright, I'll admit getting into personal territory is uncalled for, but from what I've seen you haven't been taking skepticism well. Obviously, you know things a lot of us don't. As far as most of us are aware, the only thing in Geno's favor is his popularity. Meanwhile, you take things like the Zelda rumors from the other day and try to tie it into some other rumors from almost a year back, complete with Wario memes. Maybe this is just me, but if you REALLY think Geno is likely, you need to provide SOLID evidence, not just things that don't add up like Cacomallow. Without a proper explaination, people will have the right to doubt.

Then again, I'm not a leaker, so what do I know?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Earlier this thread was discussing potential spirits for a newcomer so I'll chip in with Otto Matic spirits:

1 star:
Brain Alien - 3 Green :ultwario: that prefers to use Up Smash and comes equipped with a Super Scope. The Up Smash represents the aliens Headbutt attack while the Super Scope represents the Brain Wave. Stage is Garden of Hope, to represent Bentley Farms.

2 star:
Slime Generator - Gray :ultrob: that doesn't move nor flinch, representing how the Generator is immobile. Spawns after defeating 4 :ultpikachu: that spam electric attacks to represent the plasma beams that need to be destroyed. Stage is Brinstar Depths, as it best represents the stage the Slime Boss is fought on. Stamina Battle.

Pitcher Plant - :ultivysaur: that prefers to use Up Air attacks to best represent how the Pitcher Plant attacks. More vulnerable to fire based attacks. Stage is Distant Planet as the jungle setting best represents where the Pitcher Plant is originally fought. Stamina Battle.

3 star:

Civilians - The Civilians are a Farmer, Beauty Salonist, Scientist, and Cheerleader. Thus, the best characters I feel represent them are :ultvillager: for the farmer,:ultbayonetta1: for the Beauty Salonist,:ultdoc: for the Scientist, and :ultisabelle: for the cheerleader. All of them are more prone to running than fighting. Stage is Midgar, to represent Level 9 of the original game where Otto Matic infiltrated the alien prison planet to rescue civilians.

4 star:

The Big Brain - :ultmewtwo: that prefers to use Neutral Air to represent the lightning attack. Assisted by 3 Red :ultwario: (off topic but how come we don't have a overalls Wario emote in the Ult art style?) that use the same conditions as the Brain Alien, except more aggressive. Only the:ultmewtwo: needs to be defeated to win. Stage is Frigate Orpheon, as the Parasite Queen in the back is the closest thing Smash has to the Big Brain already. Stamina Battle.

Do I expect Otto Matic? No, I'm mostly doing this for fun.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think that the best people can do is try to find ways to make their points without being too derogatory. I mean it is part of speculation if someone portrays themselves as a leaker. Showing reason why the info has no value can be worthwhile, but if people get so invested or heated obviously the mods are gonna take part ;p

I think the best thing geno has going (besides polls) is that the mii costume hasn't come back. And that's about all I think in that character's case.
There's a few things going for a few characters, but ultimately, I feel like there's just too little to say too much. I also feel like some popular characters I see around just won't get their time, but that's just my gut, I really want to see what nintendo has next XD

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh ho ho, we talkin' Tales earlier? Specifically, are we talking Yuri Lowell?

View attachment 282743

My time has come.

View attachment 282745

Alright, listen up y'all, Yuri Lowell is a certified cool guy. He's rad. He's one of the sassiest characters to ever grace Tales of, and is honestly, in my humble opinion, one of the most fun to control characters in any JRPG ever. And while at first glance he may seem like just another "anime swordsman", Yuri would bring his own unique flavor to the archetype by way of Vesperia's Over Limit mechanic (I'll get to that more in a minute) and his ability to not only wield swords, but also axes! Not only that, but thanks to the way Tales of games work, he has an extensive list of moves to pull from: Ranging from projectiles, super fast jabs, and even a magic field that heals himself and damages enemies. He also has the potential to showcase some of the slickest Final Smashes with Mystic Artes, Vesperia's equivalent to a super move.

Now see, Over Limit is interesting because what it would allow Yuri to do if replicated faithfully in Smash, is give Yuri a brief period of time where he basically has access to animation cancels that allow him to become a combo machine. It also boosts his damage and overall speed quite a bit, but he's still vulnerable and can even be knocked out of the Over Limit state if he's beaten up enough to the point where he gets stunned. It's a bit like Joker's Rebel's Guard, admittedly, except the consequences for knocking him out of it could leave him in a shield break stun.

Most Tales games already play very similarly to Smash Brothers in that you have a neutral attack button and a "special" button. Combat is very combo based, and most fighting game fundamentals apply here: Positioning and reading your opponent is very much part of the game, and there's a whole multitude of strategies to use in each fight depending on your party and who you personally choose to play as: In most Tales of games, you get to choose which of the party members available to you you play as, and they all work radically different from one another. Take a look here if you're interested:

(WARNING, THOUGH! This showcases the game's combos and fights, so if you care about spoilers, maybe don't watch it.)

Now for the content Yuri could bring. Tales games can have a bit of a spotty record with OSTs in my humble opinion (I love Graces to death but my word some of the tracks sound like RPG Maker music), but thankfully, Vesperia is one of the better ones. You have a sick battle theme that changes throughout the course of the story to reflect the current mood of the story and characters, fantastic overworld themes that change just like the battle themes do, and overall great tracks like this. There's also the legendary theme of the game, Ring a Bell.

There's also a whole cast of wonderfully iconic characters that would make for great Spirits and references to iconic moments in the game (I'll refrain from specifics to avoid spoilers). There's also fantastic stage potential with wonderful locations such as Halure, a quiet village with a huge cherry blossom tree forming a barrier around it to protect it from the monsters that roam the world, to the City of Dahngrest, location of the Guild Union that is independent from the main governing force of Terca Lumeries (Vesperia's world) "The Empire". Side note, Dahngarest has a rockin' theme.

I adore Vesperia. I love Yuri Lowell. He's an interesting character that differs from the usual Tales of norm by having a character arc that deals with the concepts of justice and whether or not it's right to take matters into your own hands. He plays off of the game's cast extremely well and helps make up for Vesperia's admittedly lackluster plot once it hits its finale. Lloyd is an excellent choice by all means, and I will be absolutely overjoyed with any Tales fighter, but if I had to take my pick, Yuri's the one. He's just really, really cool.

If you managed to read through this huge atrocity of a wall of text, thank you, lol. I'm no good at doing huge character essays like DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon or coming up with good arguments like Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , but I am a huge Vesperia fan and I wanted to take a moment to share with y'all why I think he's rad. Thank you. :)
Quick question: Would Lloyd or Velvet have a similar gimmick, or is that mechanic exclusive to Vesperia and the Tales games of the same era? I don't doubt that they would have different attacks and specials, but I'd like to know if the Over Limit is a universal Tales thing or just a Vesperia thing.
When only one person likes your post and no replies even though for asked for people to give their thoughts but instead all they do is bite each other’s heads off about old posts and geno speculation. while I support geno I think both sides are to blame in this situation. ( thanks sharklord for liking though)
View attachment 282747
Crazy Dave not being jovial and wacky (And without a pot on his head, no less!) ****s with my mind in ways you can't imagine.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Some people deserve some criticism. They can use whatever mental gymnastics to avoid it or think they're being 'attacked', but sometimes even though people shouldn't be negative, it's still right to show that people don't approve. Obviously there's better ways than being negative in a lot of caes. Unfortunately, I kinda feel like in some cases there's so much they put in front to defend their ego, that there's no way to get through and help them realize they've been ****ty.

Another prime example. Character assassination is not "valid criticism." Literally chasing me out of threads is not "valid criticism." Going to other sites to **** talk me or encourage raids is not "valid criticism." Readily dismissing anyone who agrees with me is not "valid criticism." Dismissing the harassment I've gotten including a doxx against my parents as "whining" is yet another common problem. This is just me coming into this thread for maybe the second or third time this year to say, "this is a bit over the top and has caused a lot of problems for me and my friends; can you all, like, chill on the personal attacks?" Don't believe me on stuff? Fine. Don't agree on it? Fine. I joke about it but being the Boogieman of Smash speculation has worn thin and it's been almost two years at this point. Surely we're not going to keep doing this until the end of Ultimate, right? Right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Another prime example. Character assassination is not "valid criticism." Literally chasing me out of threads is not "valid criticism." Going to other sites to **** talk me or encourage raids is not "valid criticism." Readily dismissing anyone who agrees with me is not "valid criticism." Dismissing the harassment I've gotten including a doxx against my parents as "whining" is yet another common problem. This is just me coming into this thread for maybe the second or third time this year to say, "this is a bit over the top and has caused a lot of problems for me and my friends; can you all, like, chill on the personal attacks?" Don't believe me on stuff? Fine. Don't agree on it? Fine. I joke about it but being the Boogieman of Smash speculation has worn thin and it's been almost two years at this point. Surely we're not going to keep doing this until the end of Ultimate, right? Right?
Um, I know you wanted to say something, but so you don't get in trouble, I think you should let it go as a mod said to drop the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom