• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gee, no discussion about the puppet ever seems to NOT get heated . It wood probably do some good to talk about other characters who could potentially star in Smash. Who are some other character you are all gunning for?
A Rhythm Heaven rep (I'm fine with pretty much anyone), Steve, Elma, Story of Seasons Farmer, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Master Chief, Ryu Hayabusa, Segata Sanshiro (lemme dream) Bandana Waddle Dee, Arle, and Crash to name a few

:ultbyleth:and :ultminmin were also in my hallowed top ranks at one point, so so I'm already beyond satisfied with them, especially the latter, who I considered a pipedream for a good long while. And while not initially amongst my top wants, :ultinkling: :ultchrom: :ultincineroar::ultjoker::ult_terry: also won me over post-confirmation, so I think I'm doing quite dandy rn

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
With how much SEGA are trying to push Zavok, I only honestly wouldn't be surprised if he did end up being the next Sonic character. It would be like putting Rosalina in the game (which they already did), but at least she has a good game to back her up, all Zavok has is Sonic Lost World.
You're forgetting that unlike Zavok, Rosalina is, y'know, actually popular.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I asked a similar question yesterday but I figured it would be interesting if I went along with this kinda pattern:

What spirits would you want your most wanted to come with?

You don’t have to necessarily need to draw the conditions for each battle itself, just a small list of characters you wouldn't mind being added as spirits.

For my most wanted(ya know, being Young Wizard and all) I feel it’s gotta be the most iconic characters.
  • Merle Ambrose(as a Legendary Primary Spirit)
  • Malistaire(also as a Legendary Secondary Spirit)
  • Bartleby(Legendary Primary Spirit)
  • Pork and Beans(2 Star secondary)
  • Old Cob(2 Star Primary)
There definitely are way more I could pull(given there’s roughly 100+) unique characters in Wiz alone) but for the sake of keeping this post short.. I’m not gonna go any further.
My most wanted is of course, Sgt. Cortez and this would be the spirits he gets. I will take time to explain things so I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Spirits for Cortez.png

Corporal Hart (Cortez's short lived companion in TimeSplitters 2)
Spirit Type: Attack
Character: Lucina alt 3
Minions: Sgt. Cortez
Stage: Space Station
Intensity: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Conditions: Bring your strongest team to this no frills battle.

TimeSplitters (The eponymous main antagonists of the series. Their goal is to wipe out the human race)
Spirit Type: Support (Grab type battle)
Character: Ridley alt 6 (References the Reaper Splitter)
Minions: Bowser alt 5 (Beserker Splitter), Incineroar alt 6 (Drone Splitter), Dark Samus alt 3 (Scourge Splitters)
Conditions: Lightning item appears more often (Reaper and Beserker Splitters shoot out lightning bolts)

Amy Chen (A Secret agent from the year 2052 sent to thwart the plans of Jacob Crow, the main antagonist of TimeSplitters Future Perfect)
Spirit Type: Support (Shield type battle)
Character: Zero Suit Samus alt 4
Minions: R.O.B. alt 5 x2
Stage: Wrecking Crew
Intensity: :starman::starman::starman:
Conditions: The enemy is invisible (Amy Chen is a spy), Enemy reinforcements will appear after a while (Security droids)

R-110 (A Battle droid originating from the year 2243, a time where humans and robots are at war with each other. Originally a bad guy but Cortez hacks into his brain to make him work for him)
Spirit Type: Neutral
Character: Samus alt 6
Minions: N/A
Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Conditions: Hostile Kapp'n bus Assist Trophy will appear (Referencing Cortez driving through the battlefields of Ultratech), The enemy is giant

Captain Ash (A British gentleman explorer who arrives on the fictional Island of Urnsay of 1924 to find his assistant captured by some peculiar troops)
Spirit Type: Grab
Character: Dr. Mario alt 6
Stage: Castle Siege (References the castle of Urnsay, the setting of Cortez's second mission)
Intensity: :starman::starman:
Conditions: Bob-ombs will randomly drop from the sky (Referencing how the island of Urnsay is being bombed during the events of TimeSplitter Future Perfect)

Harry Tipper (A groovy special agent originating from the 70's who is trying to rescue his girlfriend from the hands of minor villain, Khallos and stop him from launching a missile)
Spirit Type: Shield
Character: Captain Falcon alt 8
Stage: Spirit Tracks (In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, Cortez and Harry ride across a train to stop Khallos' missile from launching
Condition: Hostile Jeff Assist Trophy will appear (Referencing that Khallos has stolen a nuclear missile)

Jo-Beth Casey (A Rebellious teenager from 1994 who is sent on a dare to take a photo of real Zombies)
Character: Daisy alt 5
Minions: Wii Fit Trainer alt 4 x3 (Resembles Zombies)
Stage: Luigi's Mansion (References the Mansion of Madness, the 5th level in TimeSplitters Future Perfect)
Condition: Defeat the main fighter to win

Monkey (It's a monkey)
Spirit Type: Support (Attack type battle)
Character: Diddy Kong alt 8
Minions: Diddy Kong alt 8 x3 (Lots of Monkeys)
Stage: Kongo Falls (References the Aztec Ruins, the 8th level in TimeSplitters 2)
Intensity: :starman:
Condition: Defeat all fighters to win.

Lowkey, Part of me wishes Geno gets in as a Premium costume rather than Playable so we could combine Geno and Sans together, and Fully realize the "Geno from Earthbound" Prophecy

Honestly, even if Geno is Playable, They should bring back his Costume
There isn't anything stopping Geno's Mii costume from returning with Geno.

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I just watched the video of the Zavok """"""leak""""" and... it's literally a meme made by someone on Twitter:

I get that any peculiar topic should be welcome with open arms at this point, but a part of me is getting really tired of low-level clickbaiters getting much more attention that they deserve

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I made a prediction that 2B is will be in the pass and Geno' Mii costume will be announced. I will also say that if that comes true, I'm sorry
From a highly acclaimed game not on Nintendo consoles similar to Persona.

Seems as an outsider and unexpecting as Joker was.

Tweets regarding Nier notably sakurai acknowledging it.

The Daisy glitch.

Direct rumored for the 28th which the date looks a lot like the name 2B.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
My most wanted is of course, Sgt. Cortez and this would be the spirits he gets. I will take time to explain things so I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

View attachment 282722

Corporal Hart (Cortez's short lived companion in TimeSplitters 2)
Spirit Type: Attack
Character: Lucina alt 3
Minions: Sgt. Cortez
Conditions: Bring your strongest team to this no frills battle.

TimeSplitters (The eponymous main antagonists of the series. Their goal is to wipe out the human race)
Character: Ridley alt 6 (References the Reaper Splitter)
Minions: Bowser alt 5 (Beserker Splitter), Incineroar alt 6 (Drone Splitter), Dark Samus alt 3 (Scourge Splitters)
Conditions: Lightning item appears more often (Reaper and Beserker Splitters shoot out lightning bolts)

Amy Chen (A Secret agent from the year 2052 sent to thwart the plans of Jacob Crow, the main antagonist of TimeSplitters Future Perfect)
Spirit Type: Support (Shield type battle)
Character: Zero Suit Samus alt 4
Minions: R.O.B. alt 5 x2
Stage: Wrecking Crew
Conditions: The enemy is invisible (Amy Chen is a spy), Enemy reinforcements will appear after a while (Security droids)

R-110 (A Battle droid originating from the year 2243, a time where humans and robots are at war with each other. Originally a bad guy but Cortez hacks into his brain to make him work for him)
Spirit Type: Neutral
Character: Samus alt 6
Stage: Shadow Moses Island
Conditions: Hostile Kapp'n bus Assist Trophy will appear (Referencing Cortez driving through the battlefields of Ultratech), The enemy is giant

Captain Ash (A British gentleman explorer who arrives on the fictional Island of Urnsay of 1924 to find his assistant captured by some peculiar troops)
Spirit Type: Grab
Character: Dr. Mario alt 6
Stage: Castle Siege (References the castle of Urnsay, the setting of Cortez's second mission)
Conditions: Bob-ombs will randomly drop from the sky (Referencing how the island of Urnsay is being bombed during the events of TimeSplitter Future Perfect)

Harry Tipper (A groovy special agent originating from the 70's who is trying to rescue his girlfriend from the hands of minor villain, Khallos and stop him from launching a missile)
Spirit Type: Shield
Character: Captain Falcon alt 8
Stage: Spirit Tracks (In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, Cortez and Harry ride across a train to stop Khallos' missile from launching
Condition: Hostile Jeff Assist Trophy will appear (Referencing that Khallos has stolen a nuclear missile)

Jo-Beth Casey (A Rebellious teenager from 1994 who is sent on a dare to take a photo of real Zombies)
Character: Daisy alt 5
Minions: Wii Fit Trainer alt 4 x3 (Resembles Zombies)
Stage: Luigi's Mansion (References the Mansion of Madness, the 5th level in TimeSplitters Future Perfect)
Condition: Defeat the main fighter to win

Monkey (It's a monkey)
Spirit Type: Support (Attack type battle)
Character: Diddy Kong alt 8
Minions: Diddy Kong alt 8 x3 (Lots of Monkeys)
Stage: Kongo Falls (References the Aztec Ruins, the 8th level in TimeSplitters 2)
Intensity: :starman:
Condition: Defeat all fighters to win.

There isn't anything stopping Geno's Mii costume from returning with Geno.
side note, you made me remember how oneof the final levels in Timesplitters 3 was Bioshock before Bioshock

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Although I'm still gonna lurk, I think talking here today made me realize I need a break from the Geno thread. There's a lot of diversity of opinion here which I can appreciate, I love general threads on forums and I love the debates that come out of them because (usually) everyone learns a lot more than they would have if they stayed in a thread specific to one topic.

The Geno thread has always been a cycle of:

Circumstantial evidence --> confirmation bias --> Fatman throws out ideas --> Nintendo Direct announced --> this is Geno's time --> it's not Geno time --> back to talking about circumstantial evidence

The same thing since I've been on this site for the past 2, almost 3, years. No disrespect to anyone in the Geno thread, I just need a breather. I'll be back if Geno is either confirmed or deconfirmed, but I'll still probably occasionally post there because I love so many people there.

I only have posted there in the very early days and occasionally as time went on. I know that you might be right as far as the cycle goes, but that's ONLY for the hardcore. I'm just a simple smash fan that would appreciate seeing him in Smash (even as a deluxe costume). I have low expectations and if he gets in he gets in, if he doesn't, he doesn't.

Most Nintendo Directs, Geno isn't even really on my mind because I know he has insurmountable odds against him. Despite him still being a possibility.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Although I'm still gonna lurk, I think talking here today made me realize I need a break from the Geno thread. There's a lot of diversity of opinion here which I can appreciate, I love general threads on forums and I love the debates that come out of them because (usually) everyone learns a lot more than they would have if they stayed in a thread specific to one topic.

The Geno thread has always been a cycle of:

Circumstantial evidence --> confirmation bias --> Fatman throws out ideas --> Nintendo Direct announced --> this is Geno's time --> it's not Geno time --> back to talking about circumstantial evidence

The same thing since I've been on this site for the past 2, almost 3, years. No disrespect to anyone in the Geno thread, I just need a breather. I'll be back if Geno is either confirmed or deconfirmed, but I'll still probably occasionally post there because I love so many people there.
This is kinda accurate.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, it's not like I'd get to a point that there isn't a good reason for a certain character to be something as grand as paid DLC.
Although, I guess my reasoning towards the FP inclusions so far were pretty surface-level compared to your utterly in-depth and detailed analysis.
I wasn't trying to be pretentious or anything. I was just explaining my perspective and only at the end did I go "oh...that's the same perspective". I did have a point beyond that, but it probably got lost somewhere.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Sakurai literally said to only buy the Fighters Pass IF you're confident in its value
None of you guys are forced to buy it yknow
Oh! I can just NOT buy it!

Well I guess there's no reason for me to care if the picks are bad then. I can always just not buy it. What a relief.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh! I can just NOT buy it!

Well I guess there's no reason for me to care if the picks are bad then. I can always just not buy it. What a relief.
No one is saying you can't think a decision is bad. They're just saying there's no reason to be furious because the simple solution is not buying it.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As a Sonic fan I didn't think anything could top the consistency of the Sonic cycle, but the repeating pattern of "Geno fans making somewhat questionable defense/claim followed by the same lecturing finger wag in the main thread leading to further defenses by the former" might have beaten it.

Hilariously laughing at the idea of Zavok actually getting any sort of playable role in Smash is admittedly a rather nice cleanser.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Wow, so after reading some posts here, I can start to get an idea on why people are so lackluster about Geno.

First off, there is the misconception that Geno fans are elitist when we really just love our character and sometimes take information and either not elaborate it properly or have outright clouded views. Since Geno fans are used to being hated on, some of us take that as hate and thus the storm begins.

Also, when you are in a thread that is all about a character, it's one thing to discuss them a lot. It's another thing when a thread that is supposed to discuss any and all possible characters keeps rolling back to one consistently. Hell, I think from what I've seen that this thread talks more about Geno's chances than the actual Geno Thread, and that's a problem.

While it warms my heart to see my boy talked about increasingly more than ever, I can understand how tedious it gets when it feels like you can't talk about anything else other than some dumb puppet from a single game over 20 years ago...especially when you are anywhere between a 'meh' and a 'omg anyone else PLZ!' in terms of how you want him in the game. The Geno Thread tends to cycle through the same topics when there is a lack of news, and it's very irritating to see when you've given your unchanging opinion about it like 20 times already.

I've also noticed there seems to be a lot of Gen 8 Pokemon talk, but my opinion on that is simple: Sakurai said he wanted to please the fans and we already got our promotional pick in Min Min. My Fire Emblem knowledge is pretty weak, but if each game tends to take place in a different world like FF often does, then it makes sense as to why Byleth doesn't go against Sakurai talking about adding new worlds to Smash but a Gen 8 would since it's all in the same Pokemon world. If Fire Emblem is all in the same world spanning centuries then what I previously said doesn't really matter anymore.

EDIT: Forgot to type this part in before, but outside of Geno and Gen 8, what it the talk of the town in here? The likelihood of a general direct coming soon is pretty high, so who do you guys think we will see?

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just gonna say that if you're really displeased with a product, choosing to not buy it is a way more effective way of showing your displeasure than still buying it anyway and then going online to complain about it.

Nintendo could care less if you have a personal problem with it if you still gave them money for it in the end. And if you do buy it even after complaining, clearly, it was still worth it to you, because you bought it anyway. No one is forced to buy DLC for a video game.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
EDIT: Forgot to type this part in before, but outside of Geno and Gen 8, what it the talk of the town in here? The likelihood of a general direct coming soon is pretty high, so who do you guys think we will see?
Personally I feel like next character is going to be third party because I'm assuming that was the character originally planned for E3.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
First off, there is the misconception that Geno fans are elitist when we really just love our character and sometimes take information and either not elaborate it properly or have outright clouded views. Since Geno fans are used to being hated on, some of us take that as hate and thus the storm begins.
It's not that people think Geno fans are elitist exactly. The stereotype is more that they only like Geno and dismiss / hate any other character. I see people constantly say the thread hated Hero, Terry, Byleth and Min Min which... was a half truth, but enough to make the stereotype.

Sakurai said he wanted to please the fans and we already got our promotional pick in Min Min.
This is assuming...

• That's the only reason Min Min was chosen
  • We magically only get one promotional pick when I can argue every DLC cycle got at least two (plus they're all promotional, lets be real)
  • Sakurai thinks Min Min wouldn't please fans
  • Min Min didn't please fans

Lloyd, Dante, Elma, and Rex are frequently brought up.

I'm more confident in Lloyd and Rex than Dante and Elma frankly.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Instead of asking "When's the next Direct?" or "will leakers get the date of the next Nintendo Direct right?", I'm going to ask "When will Nintendo have enough games to actually justify another full length direct" because I don't see it happening this year. Maybe they'll just treat this as an off year and focus on having reveals for 2021 instead.

Watch as we get one more lukewarm newcomer this year, and then starting 2021 it's non-stop blockbuster picks for DLC released every 2.5 months or something.
I honestly feel that there’s a high chance of that happening. The Switch’s lineup seems to be on an “on & off” schedule. 2017 was packed, 2018 didn’t have much besides Smash at the very end, 2019 was packed & now it’s pretty clear that 2020 doesn’t have much besides Animal Crossing. If the Mario Collection is real then that’s exciting but not really big unless they’re full on remakes like the Crash trilogy.

I could see the Smash thing happening too, especially if the next character is another first party. This crazy ass year might’ve made it hard to get work done on third parties so they might be saving those for next year & just working on first parties this year.

Even if there's no one in the pass I'd absolutely love, I would still prefer they not reveal everything at once.

Seriously, I don't think people realize how dull and boring speculation would be if we spent two years discussing potential movesets and stages, which Spirits would come with the character, and release dates. At least ambiguity means you can discuss your character and enjoy hoping you'll end up being right.
It’s a double edged sword. On one hand you’re right & it can be fun to be speculating to the very end. But on the other hand, you have a scenario like this year. The last real announcement we had was the Arms reveal in March(?), where everyone pretty much instantly gravitated towards Spring-Man & Min-Min. So Min-Min’s reveal wasn’t too surprising. Besides that we’ve been bone dry all year. We haven’t even had any substantial leaks or rumors to talk about.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Gee, no discussion about the puppet ever seems to NOT get heated . It wood probably do some good to talk about other characters who could potentially star in Smash. Who are some other character you are all gunning for?
Well, number one would be Magnus (I run the support thread for him after all;)) I just really like him and think he deserves to have a 3D model again. Poor guy’s not even an assist trophy

Dante/Nero is next, I love both of these characters to death and think they’d be REALLY REALLY good in smash. Unique and fun! Great music too.

Oddball pick i have is Wolf from Sekiro (the player character) I just have a gut feeling he’s gonna be playable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lloyd, Dante, Elma, and Rex are frequently brought up.

I'm more confident in Lloyd and Rex than Dante and Elma frankly.
Yo Swamp I've been playing Symphonia lately so I'm finally seeing the appeal of Lloyd even if he's vastly inferior to Velvet. Kinda want his dumbassery to get played up a bit in his taunts should he get in

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, number one would be Magnus (I run the support thread for him after all;)) I just really like him and think he deserves to have a 3D model again. Poor guy’s not even an assist trophy
Ya know. I really wonder why him and some other assist trophies like Kat and Ana got cut.

I understand when the function is obnoxious like Resetti or Herilin but... Magnus was cool.

Yo Swamp I've been playing Symphonia lately so I'm finally seeing the appeal of Lloyd even if he's vastly inferior to Velvet. Kinda want his dumbassery to get played up a bit in his taunts should he get in
Hey that's great I-

even if he's vastly inferior to Velvet.
My life is pain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey that's great I-

My life is pain.
Man, Lloyd feels guilt over the murder of his friends in Iselia Village and Velvet lost her mind due to mass murder and seeing her baby brother get ****ing stabbed and YOU'RE the one who's life in pain? Grow up man or you'll never get to feel this nice hot ice coffee

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man, Lloyd feels guilt over the murder of his friends in Iselia Village and Velvet lost her mind due to mass murder and seeing her baby brother get ****ing stabbed and YOU'RE the one who's life in pain? Grow up man or you'll never get to feel this nice hot ice coffee
If I had Velvet's fashion sense, my life would be in pain, too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My life is more of a dull annoying pain.

Scraping your knee hurts like the dickens, you know?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Kinda want his dumbassery to get played up a bit in his taunts should he get in
That reminds me of the time they were talking about traveling over geysers, and I had Lloyd say that he didn't want to get hit by scalding water. The entire group was impressed that Lloyd knew what a geyser was. lol

Then I died and had to go through the scene again. This time I accidentally picked the stupid option while trying to go through the dialogue real fast.

EDIT: Then I heard that there's some sort of affinity system that affects plot progression so I probably got punished for being impatient because I died.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair, Lloyd is book dumb.

He's socially and emotionally intelligent and can win the hearts of people easily. He's an excellent leader with a strong moral center.

He just can't do long division.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's socially and emotionally intelligent and can win the hearts of people easily. He's an excellent leader with a strong moral center.

Empathetic towards others with the ability to attract people to them but dumb as a rock is the basic description of almost every anime protagonist known to mankind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If I had Velvet's fashion sense, my life would be in pain, too.
Zero fashion sense then eh?
That reminds me of the time they were talking about traveling over geysers, and I had Lloyd say that he didn't want to get hit by scalding water. The entire group was impressed that Lloyd knew what a geyser was. lol

Then I died and had to go through the scene again. This time I accidentally picked the stupid option while trying to go through the dialogue real fast.

EDIT: Then I heard that there's some sort of affinity system that affects plot progression so I probably got punished for being impatient because I died.
I've only just gotten there but I've been spoiled what exactly that affinity system does so I'm apathetic to the character I've been told is affected by it

He's a himbo, big of heart, dumb of ass

Not related to speculation, but does anyone know why the switch wasn't in Brazil in the first place?
Gaming prices are ridiculously high in Brazil, many companies just stopped getting involved due to the heavy taxing iirc
Empathetic towards others with the ability to attract people to them but dumb as a rock is the basic description of almost every anime protagonist known to mankind.
That's what I thought but Lloyd actually has a lot of angst about being directly responsible for a large number of deaths and people potentially becoming homeless in a world already suffering from famine

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t think I’ve actually seen hatred toward Geno recently. All that I recall being posted yesterday, for example, were factual rebuttals to arbitrary groupings of characters and the Cacomallow leak.

I’d love to talk about certain characters but conversation does seem to get shut down a bit more often depending on the characters. There are times when they get shut down, but then Gen VIII Pokemon gets discussed for the umpteenth time. Not really complaining, but that’s just what I’ve observed.

Lloyd Irving is awesome though. I really like Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd himself, so I’d probably pop off if he was a playable character...though, I can see him as a Mii Fighter again, which would make me sad.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Not related to speculation, but does anyone know why the switch wasn't in Brazil in the first place?
Oh, I can kinda answer that one.

Around the N64 era, Nintendo had partnered with Gradiente to bring their consoles over here - then later struck another deal with Latamel.

After the Wii, Nintendo discontinued all parnerships regarding their games and consoles over here - meaning the only way to buy physical copies of stuff was from stores that directly imported them. This, in turn, made the prices shoot way up and even made certain pieces of software downright unavailable here - like the 3DS Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow releases for the VC.

Overall, an official release is really nice for us! It means Brazilians probably won't have to pay three, sometimes four times the price for games.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Also, when you are in a thread that is all about a character, it's one thing to discuss them a lot. It's another thing when a thread that is supposed to discuss any and all possible characters keeps rolling back to one consistently. Hell, I think from what I've seen that this thread talks more about Geno's chances than the actual Geno Thread, and that's a problem.
Probably because that thread treats Geno as a 100% lock. I mean, you feel that way yourself. So I don't think it's surprising that there may be more actual discussion of chances in a thread that is interested in discussing chances instead of just assuming a character is in.

I've also noticed there seems to be a lot of Gen 8 Pokemon talk, but my opinion on that is simple: Sakurai said he wanted to please the fans and we already got our promotional pick in Min Min. My Fire Emblem knowledge is pretty weak, but if each game tends to take place in a different world like FF often does, then it makes sense as to why Byleth doesn't go against Sakurai talking about adding new worlds to Smash but a Gen 8 would since it's all in the same Pokemon world. If Fire Emblem is all in the same world spanning centuries then what I previously said doesn't really matter anymore.
A couple of things:
  • Sakurai is not selecting the DLC
  • I don't recall Sakurai ever talking about adding new worlds, just Reggie. And that was for the first fighter pass. We have no clue if pass 2 will be different
  • I don't think Nintendo would care about lore explanations of constant Pokemon worlds when picking DLC
  • We may get multiple characters that are from new(er) Nintendo IPs to promote them.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'll only allow Lloyd to get into Smash if "I lied. It's actually hot" it's part of one of his taunts or victory screens.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
you cant just come from a place that exclusively talks about only positive things about Geno and are ok with it to coming into a thread saying we talk about genos chances realistically to much and that its bad

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Doesn't he get a fire and ice sword or something? I almost always see him depicted with a red and blue pair of swords so you can play it off of that
Well, yeah, something like that

To be honest I always assumed Lloyd would have his standard dual swords if he gets in, but him with these 2 swords you mention would be interesting gameplay wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom