• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are you guys ready for three ways we could be disappointed about challenger pack 7 in the mini direct?

1. We get a fighter from a franchise that we rarely talked about
2. A anime swordsman
3. It's nothing
If anything I’d welcome outcome 1. Or even if outcome 1 isn’t a regularly talked about character. I get tired of the same set of characters discussed over and over so left field surprises like Joker or Min Min are a refreshing change of pace

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well at least SMT V isn't dead.

Also SMT III remaster looks cool.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
SMT Nocturne eh? Interesting

hopefully Digital Devil Saga is next

AND SHIN

MEGAMI

TENSEI

FIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No Bayonetta 3 or Pikmin 4 or Metroid Prime 4 but I imagine those will be saved for the potential ACTUAL direct on the 27th or Aug 3rd

especially if Bayo 3 is Switch exclusive which it probably will be

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
A bit sad that the biggest news we can get is footage of a game announced three and a half years ago, but I am happy for SMT fans finally having a bone thrown their way.

If we get additional mini showcases in the next couple of weeks, it will make the decisions to do this one by itself even more baffling.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Notice how the mini still mentions COVID-19

Guess we can expect these spaced out announcements to be the norm until a vaccine is developed

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shin Megami Tensei V is a pretty big deal though. And a remake of three. Neat!

The Necrodancer is neat.

Rest I don't really care about.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I want a Nintendo Direct and some news Nintendo! Games like Metroid, SMT V, and Bayo 3 need some news!

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Not much there, but on the bright side there was at least SOMETHING.

Cadence fans will like the DLC I'm sure. Always fun to have new assets for the right price.

SMT V I'm sure will make those fans happy. Hope the graphics clean up a little bit.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, this was pretty much the SMT Direct lol.

But the release of both Nocturne HD and SMTV is 2021, isn't it? So in the end, 2020 is still as barren as it started, even with these two cool additions.

I really, really hope there are more showcases in the coming weeks.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, no Smash DLC or Bayonetta 3 news... but that's actually okay by me, because they said that we'd be getting more of these Direct mini announcements this year, which hopefully means we won't have to wait too long for the next one (here's to 27th being the next one). Plus, at least we got some cool stuff with more Cadence of Hyrule DLC, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne HD Remaster, and a clip of Shin Megami Tensei V.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I love how went in with the lowest of lows but came out with something at the very least somewhat substantial lol.

GG to y'all smt fans

Idon't know how you guys must be feeling right now

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Besides the SMT news, which I am hyped for, this direct was quite barebones in my opinion. Not even 10 minutes long. I just hope these next partner showcases aren't too spaced out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You’d think Ryza for Smash would be announced alongside Atelier Ryza 2, but Ryza 2 was only in the Japanese mini and they’d (probably) have paired a Ryza Smash reveal with the reveal of the game

RIP Ryza rumor...?

D

Deleted member

People have been waiting for SMT5 for awhile now, so that's something, but 8 min direct? Nintendo...just...come on man, just release the whole damn thing as a 45 minute presentation.

8 minutes for Cadence DLC, a ridiculous WWE game (the graphics look underwhelming), a shooter that'll never make it compared to the big boys who control that market, and Shin Megami Tensei (which people do like, but the group who even know that game series is awfully small. Devoted, but small).

They should have at least done us the courtesy of ending with the date for the next 'part' of their Direct series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom