• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Ridiculously short, but the Shin Megami Tensei news made up for it for me. Getting SMTV news was long overdue and SMT3 getting a remaster was certainly a surprise (will it continue to feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series?) The Cadence of Hyrule stuff looked pretty cool.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
You’d think Ryza for Smash would be announced alongside Atelier Ryza 2, but Ryza 2 was only in the Japanese mini and they’d (probably) have paired a Ryza Smash reveal with the reveal of the game

RIP Ryza rumor...?
The truth is, the leak was fake from the start.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They got Ryza 2!
Japan got near 5 more minutes of games, and 2 of those games i am hyped about, ryza 2 and that other one shown before o have been watchong for awhile but blanking on the name. Why could na get those too?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Had anyone noticed this?
They have a proper Nintendo Direct being planned.
A Direct mini is still a Direct, and with Nintendo revealing Partner Showcases would be a series of presentations... I don't think we can realistically say they have a proper Direct planned with just this information.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...that was almost pointless

I don't like being a downer but literally any of these could've just been dropped as a random trailer on their channel instead of being featured in a direct mini. Other than SMTV but its basically a 'still exists' kind of news drop. We still know just about nothing regarding Nintendo's holiday plans.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well then. That was... Something, but not much. Five or six announcements doesn't seem like it'd need a Direct, unless this'll be like the Download.
Also, Japan got four extra minutes, including Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which i was really looking forward to, and Atelier Ryza 2. C'mon, is it really that much to translate those trailers?

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSSSSS HD REMASTER OF NOCTURNE AND SMT V BOTH CONFIRMED FOR NEXT YEAR YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, they said there would be more of these kinds of Directs, in a way that kinda implied we'd get more soon. Here's to hoping!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, here's that fabled Nocturne HD I was told would be there lmao.
Anyway, maybe that will bring optimisms but I'm now confident they just splitted this part from the official direct. Since I heard about it with games that were supposed to be here but obviously werent.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Kind of remarkable that of all companies to bring about significant news out of Nintendo in an information drought, it was Atlus.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well, nothing in that mini direct interested me. Good thing it wasn't a livestream otherwise I would have wasted my time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well then. That was... Something, but not much. Five or six announcements doesn't seem like it'd need a Direct, unless this'll be like the Download.
Also, Japan got four extra minutes, including Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, which i was really looking forward to, and Atelier Ryza 2. C'mon, is it really that much to translate those four trailers?
Probably cause those two don’t have actual planned localizations yet

the Australian rating board leak didn’t necessarily hint at an actual localized Ryza, it was just preparations I guess

(they’re REAL anal about “objectionable content”)

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Everything apart from SMTV could've been revealed on Twitter, even with the Micro subname it was a disappointment.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
If there is another Direct coming very soon, then I hope it's at least not next week, because I won't be able to catch it live then.

SKX31

Smash Master
They got Ryza 2!
That's... not sure how I feel about that decision really. Not translating Ryza 2 feels kinda weird

Overall, feel that the Direct mini was decent at least. No one's going to care much about WWE Battlegrounds nor Rouge Company, but they could be more for the casual crowd. Thing is, RC's in a very cramped genre (what with Fortnite, PUBG, Apex and Hyper Scape all being much more high profile alternatives) and WWE Battlegrounds is coming off the heels of the disasterous WWE 2K20. Not gonna expect much with those two.

Cadence DLC is definetely nice though - and I bet the Skull Kid fans will be happy with him getting his own pack essentially. The SMT III remake and the sign that SMT V's alive will likewise be games that people watch out for - that said, both of them are coming out next year, so they won't be around for this holiday season.

I'm placing my bet on the next Direct (mini) airing before mid-September at least.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I get we should be taking the virus into consideration, but this Mini was literally carried by SMT stuff. COVID shouldn’t be an excuse to have a Mini this close to nothing.
Moreover if COVID is affecting things that badly then some greater transparency about that would be ideal. And if they can't do that for certain reasons, then quite frankly having some annoyed and disappointed fans comes with the territory.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm just really peeved Western fans got screwed out of a Sakuna trailer. That's been very high on my wishlist ever since last E3 and I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for some more news, and then I don't even know if it'll be an international release or not. I'm so peeved right not adjhjjkd

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Y'know, the fact that there were Minis with way more content in just as much time is more than enough to have expected more, much more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just don't dislike the SMTV trailer guys.

Don't take your rage out on the individual videos.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmm, the Japanese video has a quite a lot more than the Western one. That's probably why they just wanted to go ahead with it, even though we didn't get much out of it haha.
Im more annoyed the japanese direct showed more games i am actually interested in. Ryza 2, and sakuna. Wtf weren't those in the American direct. Ruza 2 got rated in Australia so its getting localized, and i feel Sakuna was announced for english before

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The best thing about this was the announcement of Ryza 2. But it was only announced in the Japan direct mini....
e98.gif

Overall, pretty much Isleep.png. I'm glad I was distracted with something else. By the time I had finished that, the direct mini had already ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom