• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
... you're still on this 48 hours later?

View attachment 272347

Mate, let it go, this is ****ing silly now lol.
It takes about 30 seconds for me to read what you say and another 30 to reply to you, it’s not a waste of energy nor is it a waste of time, I could do this for however long you want

I said something, you misunderstood, and you got mad at me for something you misunderstood. It’s as simple as that

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It takes about 30 seconds for me to read what you say and another 30 to reply to you, it’s not a waste of energy nor is it a waste of time, I could do this for however long you want

I said something, you misunderstood, and you got mad at me for something you misunderstood. It’s as simple as that
But I'm not mad, like, at all. The fact you're still replying to me when I barely even remember what started the argument says otherwise, and insulting other members ain't cool either, yo.

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
But I'm not mad, like, at all. The fact you're still replying to me when I barely even remember what started the argument says otherwise, and insulting other members ain't cool either, yo.
It was never an argument to begin with, you just messed up and you’re trying to be all “eh I mean who cares anyway” lmao

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
This post (in addition to other subsequent posts) was warned for flaming/harassment
I don't see how.

I moved on from a slight misunderstanding on the internet, you keep responding to me day after day, it's starting to feel like stalking to be frank.
Now this is just embarrassing
You realize that you reply to me just as much as I reply to you, and maybe if you stopped replying to me, I’d stop replying to you. It’s almost laughable you’re comparing replying to to you on a public forum to stalking. It’s more comparable to harassment. And even then, if it was harassment, it would be more like you stopped replying to me 48 hours ago when you realized you were wrong and despite not ever talking to me again I kept messaging you and quoting you. You have literally replied to me every time I replied to you. What are we? Mutually stalking each other?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Sky Arena would be one of the most visually interesting of the stages. It's got this dramatic flair to it, and works well enough for any chosen fighter, given it's the last area in Arcade mode. Though Spring-Man's stage has the edges of the stage that are...springs and boosts your jumps. Not entirely sure how the Ramen Bowl would work, it'd kind of hard to KO people horizontally.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
So I gave Worms Armageddon a shot...

If there's anything that will not only never be in Smash, but never get referenced by Smash, but should absolutely be in, it's that series. The moveset basically writes itself (Concrete Donkey final smash, anyone?), and the freaking stage potential this series has is also top tier. Sure it wouldn't be competitively viable, but imagine a stage where you destroy more and more of it until, possibly, everybody's doomed to fall in the water and drown. Perhaps you could be encased until you clear enough of the stage to start being able to get KO's. It could even be randomly selected between a few layouts where you're not encased. Of course, while hazard less mode always picks the open course, and you can be KO'd from the get go, you can still destroy the stage. Perhaps for balancing reasons, the stage could even regrow, or at least have a bare minimum so that you can't fall in the water over and over again.

Even if it was in consideration it'd be thwarted by Spirits and music. But right now all I consider from the series is pretty much the perfect fit for Smash.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Since everyone's doing it right now, I guess I'll join in. Mine would be too obvious I'll try some other ones instead.

fighter_kind_ambassador
fighter_kind_humanity
fighter_kind_sun
fighter_kind_bounty
fighter_kind_commander
fighter_kind_alchemy

SNEKeater SNEKeater : 4 is Sora, and 5 KOS-MOS?
Nope. Lockpick isn't Sora, but I guess most people will think of Sora with that word, my bad.

As for yours...
I'm relatively convinced with Humanity being 2B. For Sun the only thing that pops up in my mind is Tidus from Final Fantasy X.
As for Bounty, I just thought about Samus, but it's obvious that the word isn't referring to her in this case.

Commander is maybe Commander Shepard from Mass Effect? lol

Queen is Sol
Mjonir is Chief
Uncle is Dante
You're right with Queen and Mjolnir but Uncle's not Dante.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry to disrupt the thread but...

There has been a continued argument between two individuals (I won’t be naming names) that has sidetracked the thread. Please drop the argument as it doesn’t help the thread at all and, if need be, please take it to PMs. That is all.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Not entirely sure how the Ramen Bowl would work, it'd kind of hard to KO people horizontally.
It'd just be Green Hill Zone, but symmetrical, perhaps a bit narrower or wider, and instead of breaking the bottom, special items would spawn. I personally think literally any of the other stages would be more interesting.

EDIT: Or at least less annoying. Green Hill Zone has the issue of putting characters on the sides at a disadvantage, but putting the characters in the middle too close together and I don't really want another stage like that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nope. Lockpick isn't Sora, but I guess most people will think of Sora with that word, my bad.

As for yours...
I'm relatively convinced with Humanity being 2B. For Sun the only thing that pops up in my mind is Tidus from Final Fantasy X.
As for Bounty, I just thought about Samus, but it's obvious that the word isn't referring to her in this case.

Commander is maybe Commander Shepard from Mass Effect? lol

You're right with Queen and Mjolnir but Uncle's not Dante.
Is Lockpick Dovahkiin? Cause you can pick locks in Skyrim

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Fighter_Kind_USA
Fighter_Kind_Apple
Fighter_Kind_Willy
Fighter_Kind_Nosey
Fighter_Kind_Blonde

Guess who?

This game is lacking in adorable DLC characters. :seuss:
Indeed. People focus too much on cool looking characters. We need more cutesy ones like Bandanna Dee, or at least wacky cartoony ones like Crash (i guess we can count the japanese design as "Cute" too, assuming they want to use that look as an Alt).

Look at fighter Pass 1, Banjo sticks out among the rest of the pack, who are all epic or cool with their determined faces and stuf. I know people will rain on me or you for saying this, but having a more silly cartoony characters is never a bad idea.

I guess another one that comes to mind is Arle Nadja. Her current Puyo series look captures the cute aspect very well (as expected for a Puzzle game mascot) and would be a nice change of pace.

and this is coming from someone who wanted Simon Belmont in Smash over anyone else.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Indeed. People focus too much on cool looking characters. We need more cutesy ones like Bandanna Dee, or at least wacky cartoony ones like Crash (i guess we can count the japanese design as "Cute" too, assuming they want to use that look as an Alt).

Look at fighter Pass 1, Banjo sticks out among the rest of the pack, who are all epic or cool with their determined faces and stuf. I know people will rain on me or you for saying this, but having a more silly cartoony characters is never a bad idea.
Bandana Dee and Crash would definitely add diversity to the newcomer roster for this game from a visual and thematic perspective. And diversity is always good. Brawl had a really strong variety of newcomers of different shapes and sizes with very different looks and feel which is something I like.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
It’s been a while, so I’ll reveal the whatever they’re called i’m tired
Prince is The Prince (Katamari)
Lord is Ghirahim
Hawk is Axel Stone
Everyman is Itsuki Aoi
Cloak is The Spy (TF2)
sorry if this angers you in some way

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of Byleth, does anyone else wish they would've made the pupils a little bit bigger than just pencil dots?

PicsArt_05-21-07.53.33.jpg

I've been wondering for a while why female Byleth's eyes felt so weird to me compared to the other FE characters.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee and Crash would definitely add diversity to the newcomer roster for this game from a visual and thematic perspective. And diversity is always good. Brawl had a really strong variety of newcomers of different shapes and sizes with very different looks and feel which is something I like.
Indeed. While Smash Ultimate's newcomer roster may be my favorite. If im speaking for a more "objective" point of view, Brawl hit all the right spots, as opposed to Smash 4, where a large majority were "cool" or "Serious" human or human-like fighters .

Keep in mind, when i say "we need more cute and wacky characters" and i don't mean "serious humanoid anime characters can burn in hell, i want my cartoony mascots". Something like the Earthbound boys also land in the "cute" category, if only for the artstyle.

Female Byleth though
Fourth-rate Waifubait does not count. (or Husbandobait for the male version)

I want cutesy mascots like Klonoa. If i wanted cute anime girls i woulnd't be playing Smash. (why do i get a feeling this statement will backfire on me?)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Kinda think we’ll get some news after that...

also, Splatoon 2 and ARMS? They may plan to rerun more Crash Bashes in ARMS/more Splatfests in Splatoon 2...
Conspiracy theory, but isn't it odd you get Fighter Pass 2, and ARMS and Splatoon 2. ARMS is getting a character so could Splatoon get one too? It's got the sales to justify it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Byleth, does anyone else wish they would've made the pupils a little bit bigger than just pencil dots?

View attachment 272360

I've been wondering for a while why female Byleth's eyes felt so weird to me compared to the other FE characters.
Because that's how they are in the actual game Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
1590105430710.png

Don't be hating on that source material, yo.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Because that's how they are in the actual game Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
View attachment 272362

Don't be hating on that source material, yo.
I know. I wish they made the pupils bigger in both games.

Tiny constricted pupils when a person is perfectly calm looks weird to me. I prefer medium-sized pupils because it's easier to show different facial expressions.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
At the very least it makes Byleth look more different from the other FE characters aesthetically.

Anyways, with this huge gap between 7.0.0 and 8.0.0, I'm hoping that means the balance patch will be major here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know. I wish they made the pupils bigger in both games.

Tiny constricted pupils when a person is perfectly calm looks weird to me. I prefer medium-sized pupils because it's easier to show different facial expressions.
Considering what Byleth is without getting into Three Houses spoilers, I could see the pupils being all janky.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At the very least it makes Byleth look more different from the other FE characters aesthetically.

Anyways, with this huge gap between 7.0.0 and 8.0.0, I'm hoping that means the balance patch will be major here.
There are a plethora of changes I would beg for if we're getting a FighterZ Season 3-tier balance patch or something. But I'm expecting no one who needs buffs to get buffs and then have Palu's N-Air become an infinite loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom