• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There's a huge difference between how MvC1 handle Assist Characters and how Smash Bros handled them. You can actually choose who you want and when to summon them, which leads to more engagement, a sense that they're actually your partner, and you can strategies with them.
I would legit love a mode in Smash where you pick an AT when choosing your character, and you could activate that AT whenever you wanted.

They could make it a once per stock thing, or maybe make it so it uses the FS Meter. Then you'd have to choose how you want to spend your meter.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That or you could only choose certain weaker AT's instead.

But still have a regular AT option.

That would be the easiest on the development team too to implement an extra mode/option for it. Trying to redo tons of AT's to "balance 'em out" takes a lot of time and playtesting. That's not a good option for the current game. That'd be a neat idea to have two sets of AT's in the later game, though.

However, the item version should stay in. Smash is a chaotic game at heart. RNG is a huge part of it(and always why items are removed from certain types of tournaments, not just due to some being a bit overpowered by design like the Hammer). That's the norm and it has worked for 6 games straight.
I agree with all of this. It's not something you can just retroactively add to the game (that's not really what I was proposing anyway), especially since each character would have to be balanced to accommodate for assists as well since, at its core, the idea boils down to giving every fighter access to a custom move that any other fighter can also use so you have to make sure there aren't any broken combinations.

Assist Trophies as items should also stay for the reasons you described and more.

I would legit love a mode in Smash where you pick an AT when choosing your character, and you could activate that AT whenever you wanted.

Either make it a once per stock thing, or maybe make it so it uses the FS Meter.
I think the best way would be to add a timed cooldown to it. It's easier for players to manage (all they have to keep track of is whether or not they can use it rather than how many uses are left) and allows for them to not be too spamable while still allowing the ones that give you weaker benefits to be used more often. For example, an Assist Trophy that just gives you a bit more stage control should be usable more often than one who gives you a KO move.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Shamelessly stealing this from the "Build your Avengers team!" game on twitter, but I'm generally unoriginal so I think this should work out:

Build your own Smash DLC!

The rules are simple. You get $15 to spend on your selection of DLC characters. Every character is priced from $1 to $5 based on no objective criteria beyond my own judgement of "yeah, this seems right here". There's no bonus for having excess money, so try to make every dollar count!

• Dante
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Sora
  • Master Chief
  • Unique Third Party character not listed in the other categories

• 2B
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Chris/Jill/Leon
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Waluigi
  • Issac
  • Kazuma Kiryu
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Geno
  • Doom Marine
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Unique Nintendo character not listed in the other categories

• Rex and Pyra
  • Sol Badguy
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Heihachi
  • Ray-Man
  • Monster Hunter
  • Amaterasu
  • Lara Croft
  • Steve
  • Dixie Kong
  • Neku

• Paper Mario
  • Gen 8 Pokemon of your choosing
  • Sub-Zero/Scorpion
  • Arle
  • Shantae
  • Porky
  • Elma
  • KOS-MOS
  • Skull Kid
  • Reimu
  • Bomberman
  • A Ken-style Echo Fighter of your choosing

• Bubsy
  • Gex
  • Tingle
  • Shiori Fujisaki
  • Breath of the Wild Zelda
  • Sandbag
  • Daisy/Richter-style echo of your choosing
  • Skull Kid ($2)
  • Neku ($3)
  • Byleth with a proper whipsword moveset ($4)
  • Masked Link ($4)
  • Elma ($2)

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
See I can agree with you SOMEWHAT on this point. If you could equip your assist trophy, that would be a cool concept. HOWEVER, smash bros isn’t necessarily a hardcore fighter. It’s a party game. So of course assist trophies are going to be random. That’s the point when it’s a party game bud.

just try and breath a bit, it’s not that bad. Smell the roses and just turn them off If you don’t like them :) heck, I hardly play with items on LOL.
I think your forgetting the party aspect of Super Smash Bros. People like to dismiss this part of of the series so they can be taken more seriously as a fighting game, but that doesn't change the fact that the series is a little of both. Crazy random items like Poké Balls, Assist Trophies, and crazy stages like the Paper Mario and The Great Cave Offensive are exemplary of this. They allow for wacky shenanigans to happen so that everyone can have fun, or at least enjoy the spectacle.

That being said though, I do think that if we were to add one new gameplay feature to the series that changes up gameplay drastically, I think selectable assists would be the way to do it if you could figure out how to make them work in a balanced manner.
Going complete randomness doesn't make the game fun, it makes it more frustrating. There's a major reason why Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10 were hated so much besides them existing (like how at the end of the Mario Party 10 board despite going through the entire thing while being chased by Bowser you get a 1 in 3 chance of actually winning). There needs to be a proper balance of consistency and randomness, and seeing how there are many Assist Trophies that actively harm the user makes the entire item annoying to deal with since great chance it will backfire on you. Having characters people have been asking for to be tied to such a terrible item does a complete disservice to them, people want Skull Kid to be in Smash Bros but nobody wants to see him appear since he'll change your entire control layout. This is all they will ever be good for in Smash Bros, a 15 second item tied to other characters who would cause terrible effects. For a game that's all about celebrating video games and it's characters it sure do find a great way to treat a lot of them horrible.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Shamelessly stealing this from the "Build your Avengers team!" game on twitter, but I'm generally unoriginal so I think this should work out:

Build your own Smash DLC!

The rules are simple. You get $15 to spend on your selection of DLC characters. Every character is priced from $1 to $5 based on no objective criteria beyond my own judgement of "yeah, this seems right here". There's no bonus for having excess money, so try to make every dollar count!

• Dante
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Sora
  • Master Chief
  • Unique Third Party character not listed in the other categories

• 2B
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Chris/Jill/Leon
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Waluigi
  • Issac
  • Kazuma Kiryu
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Geno
  • Doom Marine
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Unique Nintendo character not listed in the other categories

• Rex and Pyra
  • Sol Badguy
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Heihachi
  • Ray-Man
  • Monster Hunter
  • Amaterasu
  • Lara Croft
  • Steve
  • Dixie Kong
  • Neku

• Paper Mario
  • Gen 8 Pokemon of your choosing
  • Sub-Zero/Scorpion
  • Arle
  • Shantae
  • Porky
  • Elma
  • KOS-MOS
  • Skull Kid
  • Reimu
  • Bomberman
  • A Ken-style Echo Fighter of your choosing

• Bubsy
  • Gex
  • Tingle
  • Shiori Fujisaki
  • Breath of the Wild Zelda
  • Sandbag
  • Daisy/Richter-style echo of your choosing
Oh this easy
Shantae, Reimu, KOS-MOS, Bomberman, Rex & Pyra, and Geno

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Going complete randomness doesn't make the game fun, it makes it more frustrating. There's a major reason why Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10 were hated so much besides them existing (like how at the end of the Mario Party 10 board despite going through the entire thing while being chased by Bowser you get a 1 in 3 chance of actually winning). There needs to be a proper balance of consistency and randomness, and seeing how there are many Assist Trophies that actively harm the user makes the entire item annoying to deal with since great chance it will backfire on you. Having characters people have been asking for to be tied to such a terrible item does a complete disservice to them, people want Skull Kid to be in Smash Bros but nobody wants to see him appear since he'll change your entire control layout. This is all they will ever be good for in Smash Bros, a 15 second item tied to other characters who would cause terrible effects. For a game that's all about celebrating video games and it's characters it sure do find a great way to treat a lot of them horrible.
Did you just unironically suggest that older Mario Party games are less luck based than the current ones?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Going complete randomness doesn't make the game fun, it makes it more frustrating. There's a major reason why Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10 were hated so much besides them existing (like how at the end of the Mario Party 10 board despite going through the entire thing while being chased by Bowser you get a 1 in 3 chance of actually winning). There needs to be a proper balance of consistency and randomness, and seeing how there are many Assist Trophies that actively harm the user makes the entire item annoying to deal with since great chance it will backfire on you.
The only Assist Trophies that can directly harm you are visual screws like the Nintendog, Skull Kid (which is pretty faithful to the character), and blast zone movers like the Squid Sisters. The former two harm everyone proportionally, so there are really only two that can screw you over specifically, but it can also screw up your opponent just as much instead. I wouldn't say that any of them are inherently detrimental to the user specifically.

Also, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival was hated due to being boring and annoying to play, and Mario Party 10 was hated for keeping the car mechanic that throws any semblance of strategy out the window (as in, there's no real goal to work for and every move helps everyone). Also, I think one of the criticisms of older Mario Party games is that Chance Time is no longer a thing, and that is randomness incarnate.

RocksteadyBebop

Banned via Warnings

Well it’s a party game...so my point still stands. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
RNG is part of why Mario Party was popular back then. It's a crazy mini-game fest where anything could happen. it was only annoying in single player, not mult-player. It's what gave the game life man.

Not that all will like RNG, and that's fine. But it's actually a core part of many series and their popularity absolutely stem from it. I mean, if the series aren't for you that's fine and all. But acting like that's what's wrong with them when it's misleading doesn't help either. People hate RNG generally in single player, since it makes a lot of hard work go to extreme waste. It's not hated in general. Smash has become as popular as it is due to its chaotic nature. This isn't a traditional fighting series, after all.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Um, what?
Ubisoft's bot cannot say anything about smash ultimate as of April 22.
If rayman is in Fighters pass 2, then how would they handle the amiibo of him?
I can believe that Rayman could be part of Fighters' Pass 2 (partially thanks to the ARMS character inclusion.)
I can also envision his gimmick thanks to Duke of Dorks.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Did you just unironically suggest that older Mario Party games are less luck based than the current ones?
Have you seen how terrible Mario Party 10 is? Yeah the older Mario Party are random but it knows how to properly use randomness with certain consistency in order for it to be a fun experience. Mario Party 10 is just a bunch of randomness but not really knowing how to use it so they just slap it onto everything which lead to a miserable experience.

Best example of how different those two games are is how just about every single turn in older Mario Party games are important which lead to be the deciding factor of you winning and you have to try and strategize with the randomness. In Mario Party 10 it doesn't matter what you did during all your turns because everything is deciding by a coin flip at the very end, which makes the entire thing pointless and not fun at all.
You need to know what to make random and what needs to be consistent in order to lead to a fun experience, otherwise you end up with Tripping.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll say again while yes Rayman lacks popularity in Japan, what goes in his favor is Nintendo's and Ubisoft's great relationship, so I could see Nintendo adding Rayman as a result of their friendship.

I mean he did appear as an trophy in Sm4sh. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
nintendo has built an entire lineup of party games ranging from mario strikers to mario party to mario kart that use rng for players enjoyment very effectively. most of the rng can be controlled by the player if they know how. The fact is you are giving an opinion when these games sales tell a completely different story. There are not "man"y assist trophies that harm the user there are less than 5 i tihnk out of 70ish ATs in the game.

no one has said smash ahs represented all characters well but this series is so successful because it does a great job most of the time. the funniest AT in smash is guile. because its literally what he does. its almost like a 4th wall joke.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Have you seen how terrible Mario Party 10 is? Yeah the older Mario Party are random but it knows how to properly use randomness with certain consistency in order for it to be a fun experience. Mario Party 10 is just a bunch of randomness but not really knowing how to use it so they just slap it onto everything which lead to a miserable experience.

Best example of how different those two games are is how just about every single turn in older Mario Party games are important which lead to be the deciding factor of you winning and you have to try and strategize with the randomness. In Mario Party 10 it doesn't matter what you did during all your turns because everything is deciding by a coin flip at the very end, which makes the entire thing pointless and not fun at all.
You need to know what to make random and what needs to be consistent in order to lead to a fun experience, otherwise you end up with Tripping.
I know this is what you're alluding to, but it's not the randomness that ruins Mario Party 10. It's the fact that it's Candy Land, but everyone moves with you when you draw a card and arbitrary categories decide who wins. Assist Trophies don't have this effect. While some of them can turn the tide of a match similarly to Smash Balls, Poké Balls, and the Gust Bellows, none of them are a straight win button, since they are either avoidable, or they affect everyone, and a lot of them can even be killed if you know how to approach them.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
IMO as they are, a deliberate assist trophy summon mode wouldn't be as fun as it sounds. Most assist trophies are designed around the idea that they're random summons you can't strategize around, so they come out slow and are generically useful all around. Plus, some of them are basically completely lacking in counterplay (Shadow). So I don't think you'd really be strategizing around most of them, it would mostly amount to "press this button to kill people". There are some exceptions though, I think Lyn would translate pretty well.

Now if you were to rework them, I'm all for it. Having a supplementary ability to customize your playstyle a little would be really cool and as everyone has said it would give assists a bigger role, but as they are I just don't think it would be that great. Of course fun is subjective so I'm sure some people would enjoy it anyway, I just think that's worth bringing up.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

They could make it a once per stock thing, or maybe make it so it uses the FS Meter. Then you'd have to choose how you want to spend your meter.
It would interesting to see how the competitive community reacted and debated on the use of such a mode/mechanic for sure.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know this is what you're alluding to, but it's not the randomness that ruins Mario Party 10. It's the fact that it's Candy Land, but everyone moves with you when you draw a card and arbitrary categories decide who wins. Assist Trophies don't have this effect. While some of them can turn the tide of a match similarly to Smash Balls, Poké Balls, and the Gust Bellows, none of them are a straight win button, since they are either avoidable, or they affect everyone, and a lot of them can even be killed if you know how to approach them.
...Okay, let's be fair. Gust Bellows is extremely difficult to get past and is practically a win button.

Rest, yeah, true. You can't avoid the Gust Bellows and it's an extremely unfair item that makes Parasol, Fan, and Cloaking Device was more fair in comparison. ...At most the Fan is kind of broken against Jigglypuff due to a shield break.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

me and the boys using devil every stock

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...Okay, let's be fair. Gust Bellows is extremely difficult to get past and is practically a win button.

Rest, yeah, true. You can't avoid the Gust Bellows and it's an extremely unfair item that makes Parasol, Fan, and Cloaking Device was more fair in comparison. ...At most the Fan is kind of broken against Jigglypuff due to a shield break.
Yeah, I suppose so. The only counterplay in the hands of a human player is that any players that aren't in the affect radius can smack you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I suppose so. The only counterplay in the hands of a human player is that any players that aren't in the affect radius can smack you.
It doesn't help you can move very fast with it. The only downside is... you can't double jump. But it has such range on the size that doesn't as much matter.

Weird thing is the Hammer follows a similar rule, but also has no real range and you move fairly slow enough. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to double jump with a hammer(or even the broken version only?) while sparkling like you have the Invincibility Star. Like in Super Mario 64, after you get 120 starts, your triple jump has a new sparkly effect.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Trolling/spam
The only Assist Trophies that can directly harm you are visual screws like the Nintendog, Skull Kid (which is pretty faithful to the character), and blast zone movers like the Squid Sisters. The former two harm everyone proportionally, so there are really only two that can screw you over specifically, but it can also screw up your opponent just as much instead. I wouldn't say that any of them are inherently detrimental to the user specifically.
There's Nightmare who turns the screen black, there's Riki who buffs everyone, and there's Divil who moves the camera around.
So you got three Assist Trophies that actively harm you (Nightmare, Nintendog, Skull Kid)
Three that can benefit your opponent (Riki, Devil, and Squid Sisters). Which means 10% of the Assist Trophies are legit bad since they can harm you. Then a great portion of them are complete useless like Dr. Wright, Flies & Hand, Starfy, Thwomp, Guile and ect. So you're more likely to get a useless and/or harmful Assist Trophy than you are of one that's actually helpful. Assist Trophies is a poorly thought out concept that Sakurai have no interest in improving, it's just a way to put characters in that he has zero interesting in ever making playable and they will stay as a useless item for all of Ultimate. It's complete trash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Selectable assists don't need to be balanced.
Well, I suppose not. Because the FGC would never use them.

But...they COULD be...

RNG is part of why Mario Party was popular back then.
Really? Cause that's the reason nobody I know likes that series.

I don't know a ton of people over the age of 10 that are cool with someone who's worse at the game than you are beating you because the game said so.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really? Cause that's the reason nobody I know likes that series.

I don't know a ton of people over the age of 10 that are cool with someone who's worse at the game than you are beating you because the game said so.
It looks like you missed a lot of the clarification. Nobody likes RNG is single player. Multiplayer is a different story and a big reason people kept playing. It kept it fresh and where it's more about fun than just "winning".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Some people just don't take who wins or loses that seriously and are just able to laugh it off when they lose to bad luck.

Some people like the uncertainty of RNG because it keeps you on your toes and can force you to adapt to things on the fly.

And some people (like me) see RNG as a risk/reward element that rewards careful planning and adds a layer of risk assessment. That's why I personally like the RNG in the Fire Emblem series, despite how frustrating losing to a 3% crit can be.

Honestly there's a ton of different reasons someone might like RNG in a game.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's Nightmare who turns the screen black, there's Riki who buffs everyone, and there's Divil who moves the camera around.
So you got three Assist Trophies that actively harm you (Nightmare, Nintendog, Skull Kid)
Three that can benefit your opponent (Riki, Devil, and Squid Sisters). Which means 10% of the Assist Trophies are legit bad since they can harm you. Then a great portion of them are complete useless like Dr. Wright, Flies & Hand, Starfy, Thwomp, Guile and ect. So you're more likely to get a useless and/or harmful Assist Trophy than you are of one that's actually helpful. Assist Trophies is a poorly thought out concept that Sakurai have no interest in improving, it's just a way to put characters in that he has zero interesting in ever making playable and they will stay as a useless item for all of Ultimate. It's complete trash.
The screen screws (Nightmare, Nintendog, and most of what Skull Kid does) hurts everyone, not just you. They're not favoable, but they're not a detriment to you and thus aren't really a punishment for being unlucky. Riki's Happy Happy Time may help everyone, but in doing so, they don't really help anyone since everyone gets the same buff. Aside from that, You Can Do It! is proximity based, so you want to go for it (or the items pulled by Yoink!), you could instead get tripped, frozen, or put to sleep. He's more helpful to you than anyone else. Devil and the Squid Sisters are the only ones who punish you for being unlucky but it's not a guarantee that they'll do this since it's not a guarantee that they'll put you in a less favorable position.

Granted, Starfy is pathetic (that's kinda the point) and Dr. Wright never hits anyone ever, but the majority of Assist Trophies are free stage control, or at least threaten a KO (For example, the Arcade Bunny is essentially the Boss Galaga item three times). You may not like them, but they're not objectively bad.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Broke: Using generic AI Assists like Alucard and Zero

Woke: Using Squid Sisters to kill people at 0% with Ganondorf F-Smash

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know someone’s just looking to grind their axe when they’ll complain over multiple posts about the functionality of an item but only gripe about one of the two items that functions that way.

:100:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know someone’s just looking to grind their axe when they’ll complain over multiple posts about the functionality of an item but only gripe about one of the two items that functions that way.

:100:
speaking of pokeballs, is there a point to Mew anymore?

i remember back in brawl online fighting people over CDs it would drop. now it's just legendary goldeen.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
The screen screws (Nightmare, Nintendog, and most of what Skull Kid does) hurts everyone, not just you. They're not favoable, but they're not a detriment to you and thus aren't really a punishment for being unlucky. Riki's Happy Happy Time may help everyone, but in doing so, they don't really help anyone since everyone gets the same buff. Aside from that, You Can Do It! is proximity based, so you want to go for it (or the items pulled by Yoink!), you could instead get tripped, frozen, or put to sleep. He's more helpful to you than anyone else. Devil and the Squid Sisters are the only ones who punish you for being unlucky but it's not a guarantee that they'll do this since it's not a guarantee that they'll put you in a less favorable position.

Granted, Starfy is pathetic (that's kinda the point) and Dr. Wright never hits anyone ever, but the majority of Assist Trophies are free stage control, or at least threaten a KO (For example, the Arcade Bunny is essentially the Boss Galaga item three times). You may not like them, but they're not objectively bad.
That's the most redundant way to end a statement, no ****. There's nothing that's objectively, except for SSBU since people will defend every single decision that was ever made and because it's some unholy sin to think that this game might have made some bad decisions. You defended Nightmare as an Assist Trophy, a damn NPC that turns the screen black for 15 seconds. In the eyes of some many of you Sakurai can't do anything wrong. Makes me wonder why he should even try when he can just half ass the game and everyone will just eat it all up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's the most redundant way to end a statement, no ****. There's nothing that's objectively, except for SSBU since people will defend every single decision that was ever made and because it's some unholy sin to think that this game might have made some bad decisions. You defended Nightmare as an Assist Trophy, a damn NPC that turns the screen black for 15 seconds. In the eyes of some many of you Sakurai can't do anything wrong. Makes me wonder why he should even try when he can just half ass the game and everyone will just eat it all up.
people be using ad hominem and thinking they win the argument

you always fight everyone in these threads, is there an opinion that you can't make a thread war out of? :nifty:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man if I had the level of determination you have about hating ATs every day literally all my problems would cease to exist

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
speaking of pokeballs, is there a point to Mew anymore?

i remember back in brawl online fighting people over CDs it would drop. now it's just legendary goldeen.
I mean, Mew was kinda pointless in almost every Smash game asides from Brawl (and maybe Smash 4?)
Mainly for CD's, but then again, you can just grind those with the Sandbag too.

Asides from that, it never really served much of a purpose outside of a classic mode bonus or an achievement message once you encounter it for the first time.
Celebi had a bit more purpose with giving a few trophies I suppose, and Jirachi dropped stickers I think (Don't know if they were rare ones). But again, Brawl was pretty much the only time where they had a larger purpose outside of bragging rights...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, Mew was kinda pointless in almost every Smash game asides from Brawl (and maybe Smash 4?)
Mainly for CD's, but then again, you can just grind those with the Sandbag too.

Asides from that, it never really served much of a purpose outside of a classic mode bonus or an achievement message once you encounter it for the first time.
Celebi had a bit more purpose with giving a few trophies I suppose, and Jirachi dropped stickers I think (Don't know if they were rare ones). But again, Brawl was pretty much the only time where they had a larger purpose outside of bragging rights...
it would've been cool if getting mew was an alternative way to unlock mewtwo in melee. way better than playing for 20 hours in a single match.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Someone made a mockup of the first pass's amiibo.

Screenshot_20200423-173127_Gallery.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how many people are still intrested in collecting amiibo? Are there any out of these that you'd buy?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How many bans must a man hold down
Before you give more than a ban?
How many times will the warnings fail
Before they'll understand?
Yes and how many times will we have to stand by
Before mods use a harder hand?
The answer, my friend, is unlimited
The answer's unlimited