• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That doesn't really count as an option, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Jist out of curiosity, is the Wild Card a trait or an item?

That is the most unique looking default avatar I've ever seen.
It’s a trait that people with the Fool Arcana from 3 onward have. Only they can use any Persona from any Arcana, the other party members have to stick to their assigned Persona of non-Fool Arcanas (which those Personas do evolve)

in P1 and P2, everyone had a persona that could evolve but could also use different personas

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What time do they usually announce Directs? I can't tell if we missed out today, but if we did, then tomorrow's our last chance for a Thursday Direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What time do they usually announce Directs? I can't tell if we missed out today, but if we did, then tomorrow's our last chance for a Thursday Direct.
There’s a chance they could announce it this evening like they did for Animal Crossing. Other than that I read in the Geno thread that it’s 9AM EST when it’s standard time and 10 AM EST when it’s Daylight Savings Time (aka the setting now)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Admittedly, Dragon Quest X is a Japan-only MMO, so I know absolutely nothing about it other than you can go nuts with the character creator.
I did a little digging and apparently the Dragon Quest X heroes appear in Dragon Quest XI, and they look like this:
1585061611941.png
So if Hero were to have four female alternate costumes, I'd say female Erdrick, Sofia, the female hero from Dragon Quest IX, and the female hero from Dragon Quest X would probably make the most sense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Normally 10 in the morning which its passed but it could be announced anytime in the day.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
1585064173597.png

Hey guys, since I keep seeing around here that "Zippo is confirming a Smash reveal" I decided to actually check out the site and the post on where he said this

Turns out that he was just predicting and playing a forum game (something like we do here sometimes)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Remember a couple of pages back when we were talking about that runor of Sony buying Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania and what that would mean for Smash? Well, Konami just deconfirmed the rumor about a PS5 Silent Hill game, which I'm pretty sure inspired that other rumor. Doesn't necessarily mean this isn't happening (PR talk and whatnot), but it definetely hurts more than it helps.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Remember a couple of pages back when we were talking about that runor of Sony buying Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania and what that would mean for Smash? Well, Konami just deconfirmed the rumor about a PS5 Silent Hill game, which I'm pretty sure inspired that other rumor. Doesn't necessarily mean this isn't happening (PR talk and whatnot), but it definetely hurts more than it helps.
Well, as you said they won't say "yeah we're making this".
In any case, they didn't addressed that rumour. They were talking about 2 new Silent Hill games for PS5, one made by Kojima and the other one made by the original team, including Keiichiro Toyama (also creator of Gravity Rush) as a director, which was a completely different rumour and has (or had) more people backing it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 266859

Hey guys, since I keep seeing around here that "Zippo is confirming a Smash reveal" I decided to actually check out the site and the post on where he said this

Turns out that he was just predicting and playing a forum game (something like we do here sometimes)
Can Sakurai please add the MCs from Holiday Game and Shadow Drops? They're some of my most wanteds.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I'll believe this.

Reason we probably didn't get two directs in February was due to coronavirus delaying it.

Just have to wait and see later today, tonight or tomorrow for the final word.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Alright everyone, i've finally made up my mind, here are my predictions and realistic expectations for the Fighters Pass N°2.

What do you guys think ? If you're a bit skeptical about the indie reps, i think you can replace them with Ryu Hayabusa since i'm pretty sure the more popular ones are just gonna end up as Mii costumes .

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Directs are USUALLY announced the day before. So, tomorrow would be the day it's probably announced if there is a direct coming on Thursday.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still don't see a Gen 8 Pokemon rep happening this cycle, but that's just me.

It only grinds my gears if you say Gen 8 is plausible while also parading that spirits deconfirm. :drshrug: ok hypocrite.

KillerCage

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Latin America poll that got over 2 million votes.

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Like everyone else, I'm surprised BOTW2 Zelda got that high on the list.
Otherwise I'm happy with this poll: Master Chief landed himself in the top 5 and Phoenix just missed out the top 15 behind Travis, Doomslayer, and Hayabusa.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
This is assuming there is a Direct on Thursday, let alone a CGI reveal trailer. There are quite a bit of characters who come to mind who I think could get a CGI trailer:
  • Crash Bandicoot (he's considered a frontrunner and would be a good pass opener so I can see him getting a CGI trailer)
  • Dante (I could see his reveal involving Bayonetta)
  • 2B
  • Lara Croft
  • Ryu Hayabusa (he may end up having his trailer be similar to the original NES Ninja Gaiden opening instead of a CGI trailer)
  • Another character who I'm probably forgetting about
For those who are curious, this is the Zippo post in question:
He quoted a post asking about realistic expectations for the Direct we could see on Thursday. There's a chance that he's speculating. But I spoiler-tagged it in case it comes true.
Pikmin 3 already exists thou.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pikmin 3 already exists thou.
Presumably they're predicting that we'll get a Pikmin 3 port - it's one of the few major original Wii U games that hasn't been ported to (or gotten a sequel on) the Switch. (along with Mario 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X, at the very least - maybe Star Fox Zero)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Presumably they're predicting that we'll get a Pikmin 3 port - it's one of the few major original Wii U games that hasn't been ported to (or gotten a sequel on) the Switch. (along with Mario 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X, at the very least - maybe Star Fox Zero)
I’d like to see Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water (Yuri Kozukata’s game) ported too

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
How could you forget the gaming masterpiece known as "Devil's Third"!?!?!?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Are there any female Dragon Quest heroes from the other games or are female Erdrick and Sofia literally the only ones?
Nine and Ten also have female options.

Of couse those games both straight up have CAC, but even the official art has both.

It only grinds my gears if you say Gen 8 is plausible while also parading that spirits deconfirm. :drshrug: ok hypocrite.
I mean...there's only 7 Gen 8 Pokemon that are Spirits. And there are more than 7 Pokemon in Gen 8, so...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright everyone, i've finally made up my mind, here are my predictions and realistic expectations for the Fighters Pass N°2.

What do you guys think ? If you're a bit skeptical about the indie reps, i think you can replace them with Ryu Hayabusa since i'm pretty sure the more popular ones are just gonna end up as Mii costumes .
Its got 2B and Crash. That's enough for me.

I'd replace Monster Hunter with Dante though. The fact the series already has representation like Rathalos pretty much deconfirms it.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nine and Ten also have female options.

Of couse those games both straight up have CAC, but even the official art has both.

I mean...there's only 7 Gen 8 Pokemon that are Spirits. And there are more than 7 Pokemon in Gen 8, so...
It's not that, it's the fact that they wouldn't have even done a Spirit event if there was going to be a Gen 8 Pokemon. Instead, those Spirits would have been included in their Spirit Board.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

A meh pass for me. Crash Bandicoot is the only one I like out of the bunch.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not seeing many shill picks for the Pass either, except for Travis. Begging worked for :snake:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2B's cool
Crash makes sense
Gen 8 rep better be Baboom
I'd rather have any other Capcom rep
Lloyd is cool.

Nothing super hype for me, but I think they can all bring something. 2B and Lloyd would get me to try their games.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
But they put ALL the relevant Pokemon in that event! There's nothing left for the spirit board. What do you mean Wooloo, Yamper, the starters' final evos, Dragapult, Toxtricity, Eternatus, G-Max forms, Galar forms, and even trainers can still be used? Only the SwSh DLC is relevant now, and they can't use Pokemon in the base game to advertise that because ???

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How could you forget the gaming masterpiece known as "Devil's Third"!?!?!?
Never played it, so that likely didn't help haha. I clearly remember the Game Grumps playthrough of it, though. The game itself looked pretty bad, but the voice/acting that they used for Ivan was hilarious!

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Gen 8 Pokemon rep debate has been done to death. Either you still think it's a possibility due to the sheer amount of content that wasn't touched, or you think all Spirits deconfirm period.

And of course, your opinion is largely influenced by whether or not you're interested in a Gen 8 rep. It's easy to say we aren't getting a Gen 8 Pokemon when you have no desire to see one in this upcoming pass. Same goes for people who think we'll get one.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

2B is one of my most wanteds. Good choice.
Crash is on a lot of people's wishlists and is one of the more commonly speculated characters. He'd be nice to have in the game.
A Gen 8 rep is another character commonly speculated considering that DLC is not limited to third parties. Not too big on Gen 8, so I'm not sure who I want.
Not the biggest fan of Monster Hunter, but it would make plenty of people happy.
Lloyd is good choice and would make plenty of people happy considering he has a good amount of requests.
An indie rep is possible, but as of right now we don't know if they'll be a full-fledged character. Replacing them with Hayabusa, I think he's a good choice.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Gen 8 Pokemon rep debate has been done to death. Either you still think it's a possibility due to the sheer amount of content that wasn't touched, or you think all Spirits deconfirm period.

And of course, your opinion is largely influenced by whether or not you're interested in a Gen 8 rep. It's easy to say we aren't getting a Gen 8 Pokemon when you have no desire to see one in this upcoming pass. Same goes for people who think we'll get one.
You say this but a lot of the 'spirits mean you are out' crowd would have loved to see characters who have been Spirited Away, so one's opinion on gen 8 wouldn't matter. You're turning this into a 'us vs them' deal when in reality you just can't accept that people can put personal biases away in some scenarios

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
BTW speaking of spirits. You guys know what time of the week this is again?

That's right! Spirit Board/Event. Lets see whose the next to be deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

You sure? There are plenty of people here who argue a Gen 8 rep might come out of pure cynicism. It's not black and white.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I, for one, expect Urshifu or Calyrex for the reason that they dodge the Spirit Event due to only being widely known about afterwards, and the event only concerning base game. They're also likely to be prominent in marketing as we get closer to the DLC updates.

Otherwise, Galar is gonna get Hoenn'd/Unova'd.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Never played it, so that likely didn't help haha. I clearly remember the Game Grumps playthrough of it, though. The game itself looked pretty bad, but the voice/acting that they used for Ivan was hilarious!
Yeah, characters with thick Russian accents are the best.

By the way, wasn't there a datamine to suggest there was supposed to be Devil's Third Spirits? Alongside Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom