• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.D.

Smash Lord
A celebration of gaming as a whole would probably include more than 1 western owned character in a roster of 80+.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Bubsy for all 6 slots? That's not enough. Here is your new fighters pass 2.

1. Bubsy
2. Unsafe Wiimote Guy
3. Freddy Fazbear
4. Fortnite character
5. Shaq Fu
6. A literal NES console
Reaction time!

1. *confused excitement*
2. *more vigorous confused excitement*
3. "This is amazing!"
4. "Wait really?"
5. "Wait. It's the entire game and not just Mr. O'Neil?" *visible confusion as Obama shows up*
6. *incredibly confused, slight excitement*

Everyone talking about needing Peppy and Slippy to complete the Star Fox roster in addition to Krystal and I'm here thinking about the true forgotten characters.
I really like the bobcat's design (aside from the weird slit in the side of her pants that I'm sure the artist added). I hope the two of them appear in the next game.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Never understood why saying Smash is primarily a Nintendo crossover with a few third-parties is so controversial for the fanbase. Every time someone says something close to that, without fail, there's three more people ready to shoot back with, "Sakurai said..." and, "It's a celebration/tribute to gaming as a whole".

There's currently 68 Nintendo characters versus 14 third-parties. Yeah, it's true that Ultimate has done a pretty good job of adding third-parties so far, but even if every remaining character is third-party, Nintendo still outnumbers the third-parties by more than 3 to 1.
I may have somewhat understood this in the Brawl days, but when Ultimate is stated by Sakurai to be the ultimate gaming crossover and having every 3rd party being treated like any other fighter in the series...sky is the limit. Me personally, sky was the limit when Cloud got added.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I may have somewhat understood this in the Brawl days, but when Ultimate is stated by Sakurai to be the ultimate gaming crossover and having every 3rd party being treated like any other fighter in the series...sky is the limit. Me personally, sky was the limit when Cloud got added.
How can you be talking about the sky as a limit when limits are meant to be broken?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Byleth's moveset is actually really cool -- I stopped hyping for Moster Hunter after Byleth was revealed because Byleth was implemented almost the exact same way I was hoping Monster Hunter would have been.

Plus, that made room to hype for Dante.
As someone who is a huge Monster Hunter fan and Fire Emblem fan

The next person who says "Byleth would have exactly Monster Hunter would have been"

I lose 7 years of my life

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Wasn't wmther

As someone who is a huge Monster Hunter fan and Fire Emblem fan

The next person who says "Byleth would have exactly Monster Hunter would have been"

I lose 7 years of my life
Seriously, its like the people who say that never played Monster Hunter.

You can never change weapons on the fly in Monster Hunter and most players stick to one weapon set, meanwhile in Three Houses a good amount of classes can actually use multiple weapons and switch between them mid battle assuming they have them their respective inventories.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Everyone talking about needing Peppy and Slippy to complete the Star Fox roster in addition to Krystal and I'm here thinking about the true forgotten characters.
If we ever get another real StarFox game, Krystal needs to form her own Squadron with those two.

Never understood why saying Smash is primarily a Nintendo crossover with a few third-parties is so controversial for the fanbase. Every time someone says something close to that, without fail, there's three more people ready to shoot back with, "Sakurai said..." and, "It's a celebration/tribute to gaming as a whole".
Because those things make the first thing...not true.

It always gets corrected because it's always wrong.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A celebration of gaming as a whole would probably include more than 1 western owned character in a roster of 80+.
And that Western-owned character wouldn't be one whose fans wish was owned by Japanese people.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Capcom let a ****ing Family Guy flash game use Ryu, they're laughably easy to work with, so much so that when someone spread a rumour that Jill Valentine got scrapped due to Capcom not being happy, everyone laughed it off lmao.
Note to self: if the indie business does me well ask Capcom to let me use Battle Network characters in the future.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate is now cancelled and being replaced with a Michael Jackson Dancing Simulator.

Winners of the Contest:

Richter, Waluigi, Ghirahim, Bayonetta, Terry, Funky Kong, Zora Link, Miyamoto, Ken, Archie, Leon, Darth Vader, Master Chief, Deadpool, Jotaro, Shaggy

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good night all. Here's to an direct being announced tomorrow.

And if nothing this week we have to remember that right now the world is going through a rough time. The safety and health comes first.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Latin America poll that got over 2 million votes.

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
I... wasn't expecting BOTW 2 Zelda to be so high. She's the most requested first party over there!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
I'm surprised to see "any Galar Pokémon" in the top 10. I thought most people just thought they were obligatory and didn't actually want one, and especially didn't want the most likely picks of Rillaboom, Intelleon, Cindrace, or Urshifu (I suppose Calyrex is also in the likely club, but nobody really talks about it). I'm also surprised to see Rayman, as I was given the impression that he's mostly just an American Smash Bubble pick. Tom Nook is another cute surprise. I guess it goes to show Animal Crossing: New Horizon's popularity at the moment.

I'm glad to see Crono and Lloyd make it so far. Of all of the characters on the board, those two are who I'd love the most as far as just the name goes.

If the top 6 characters were the 6 DLC characters, I would be completely satisfied with the pass.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Gotta admit, this poll is a ton different then most polls we get from NA and Europe. Its good to see Lloyd being the most popular Bamco rep at 19 in Latin America (if this poll is legit), and its good to see chrono, rayman and spyro getting the respect they deserve. However, and maybe I'm reading too much into this, the fact this poll had 2 million total votes makes me wonder how heavily this poll got botted. I also cant understand what the third column on the graphic is suppose to mean. At first I thought this was total votes, but that makes no sense, otherwise there are a lot of inconsistencies that would change the rankings (for example steve got the number 177046, but is somehow behind rayman in rankings despite rayman having a number of 162939). Overall, I think its interesting to see Latin America's views though.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Dante, Phoenix, and Arthur but no Amaterasu? Truly this the worst timeline I'm living in /s

I'm glad Sora, and Rayman is high up on their list.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah you would think, but most western characters aren't cared about in Japan and Sakurai wants to promote Japanese games around the world

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
This is super interesting. Crash being number 1 doesn't really surprise me, but seeing Rayman that high is a pleasant surprise. Were his games popular in the region? Likewise, seeing Sub-Zero and Scorpion at #4 is pretty cool. Crono at number 11 definitely puts a smile on my face.

However, seeing BotW Zelda at number 7 is super surprising. Seeing her on the list period is already pretty shocking, but she's the highest Nintendo character and she's beating fan favourites like Geno, Dante, and Doom Slayer? When I purposed BotW Zelda as a newcomer yesterday, it was sort of a "This could happen, but only if certain conditions are met" sort of idea. I guess Latin America is fully onboard with the idea!

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Nah I'm not into this style of polling. This isn't a write-in, it was basically a round robin with those 24 specific characters chosen by N Deluxe using YouTube polls.
Zelda still dominated a lot of the polls, from the looks of it, barely missing out on the top 6 if we're going by votes, losing to Galar Pokemon by only 8 votes. Very impressive assuming botting was at a minimum.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crono at number 11 definitely puts a slime on my face.
This typo is a 10/10.

Nah I'm not into this style of polling. This isn't a write-in, it was basically a round robin with those 24 specific characters chosen by N Deluxe using YouTube polls.
Ah. So the numbers are true (as much as they can be), but the selection is biased, which is still a pretty big deal. That does explain the presence of characters like Little Sampson, and Zelda (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild), and character groups like "any Tekken character" and "any Galar Pokémon".

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Their top 10 sucks, but their next 10 rules. **** yeah Hayabusa and Arthur!

Also WTF with Little Samson at 24! What a pull!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1.Crash
2.Rayman
3.Steve
4.Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5.Master Chief
6.Sora
7.Zelda (BOTW2)
8.Geno
9.Galar Pokemon
10.Dante
11.Crono
12.Spyro
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14.Doomslayer
15.Travis Touchdown
16.Phoenix Wright
17.Arthur
18. Monster Hunter
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tom Nook
Pretty good list overall. Do you have a list of the rest of the votes written down, or no?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Not a huge fan of the top 3 picks for that Latin American poll.

They're basically the characters I find the least interesting, and would be disappointed if they got in.

I saw on gfaqs that Zippo was references saying there's going to be a CGI trailer for the direct this coming Thursday. Let's see if that happens.

Any ideas on who it might be if it's true?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This poll has more votes than the Smash Ballot, so I don’t even know if this reliable or not.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Not a huge fan of the top 3 picks for that Latin American poll.

They're basically the characters I find the least interesting, and would be disappointed if they got in.

I saw on gfaqs that Zippo was references saying there's going to be a CGI trailer for the direct this coming Thursday. Let's see if that happens.

Any ideas on who it might be if it's true?
I can say with confidence it is not Maxwell, because the Scribblenauts artstyle is too iconic and integral to the series to be ignored in a trailer.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Their top 10 sucks, but their next 10 rules. **** yeah Hayabusa and Arthur!

Also WTF with Little Samson at 24! What a pull!
Only you would look at the likes of Master Chief, Sora, Scorpion, Crash, Steve, and Geno and turn your nose up at the entire lot. lol

According to the video Little Samson is old, obscure, and incredibly rare so it shouldn't be surprising that he only got a single pity vote; nobody knew him.

Pretty good list overall. Do you have a list of the rest of the votes written down, or no?
From what I understand, only 24 characters were in the running. The ones not already listed are:
#24. Little Samson
#23. Any Soul Caliber Character
#22. Any Tekken Character
#21. Nate (Yo-Kai Watch)

This poll has more votes than the Smash Ballot, so I don’t even know if this reliable or not.
If this is the case then I would say that immediately falsifies the entire thing. EDIT: And probably speaks to how well Nintendo was able to stop cheating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom