• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So I guess this is apart of Speculation, but i need to ask all of you guys

Do any of you guys know any Leakers that I can Call or message, I'm trying to figure out something that's been in the back of my mind forever, If Shadow the Hedgehog will be Playable in Smash Ultimate. I need someone to either Deconfirm or Confirm him for Fighter Pass 2 so i can rest. If Sakurai Officially deconfirmed Assists as playable, I wouldn't be talking about this now, but since he didn't i'm left wondering about this.

This is a really big deal to me. Shadow potentially being in Smash is one of my main motivators for living. I don't want to die before Shadow makes it into Smash, but i don't know how long i can last for. I already tried calling Sega, I Called Nintendo, And I asked Gamefaqs and Papagenos discord for this exact thing. Yes
Look I don’t know how to say this, but please look for something in life besides fictional content. There’s a lot more to experience in this world than consuming games, movies, etc.

Shadow being in Smash won’t fix whatever problems you’re having. I do not know what hardships you are going through, but I would greatly advise talking to a therapist to help you through your troubles. It saved my life.

I say this because I feel I was in the same situation awhile ago. I enjoy video games and Smash is a very important game to me, but you can’t rely on it or any game to give you fulfillment in life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Do any of you guys know any Leakers that I can Call or message, I'm trying to figure out something that's been in the back of my mind forever, If Shadow the Hedgehog will be Playable in Smash Ultimate. I need someone to either Deconfirm or Confirm him for Fighter Pass 2 so i can rest. If Sakurai Officially deconfirmed Assists as playable, I wouldn't be talking about this now, but since he didn't i'm left wondering about this.

This is a really big deal to me. Shadow potentially being in Smash is one of my main motivators for living. I don't want to die before Shadow makes it into Smash, but i don't know how long i can last for. I already tried calling Sega, I Called Nintendo, And I asked Gamefaqs and Papagenos discord for this exact thing. Yes
I'm sorry to hear that man. I get wanting to see characters you like show up in the game. We all got stuff we clearly like, or we wouldn't be on this site. But its best to appreciate what we do have at least. On top of that, if it's gotten to the point it's that important, you gotta find other things to focus on in life my dude. Friends, family, work and all that ****.

Unless you're joking then, I dunno. But no, most people here don't know leakers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My dream in life is to explore the world and make friends all around the entire planet while hopefully doing some charity activities.

I sadly feel I lack the needed money for that doh.

And I basically got everyone who I deeply wanted in Smash besides Pauline... So I feel I'm covered regarding videogames.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom of this wait for new info?
Getting back into university studies again. Turns out I've got to complete a PACE internship unit in order to graduate from my degree, so it's one more semester of that. I've also signed up for a Diploma of Languages in Japanese to improve my proficiency for the JLPT. So far it's three units this semester and they're all really good so far. So uni homework is probably a good thing to keep me away from Direct speculation.

On the gaming front I'm pretty much about to finish Yakuza 0 - just going to unlock the Mad Dog style for Majima before I go to the final mission. Once that is done, I think I've a few more games I'd love to clean off the backlog. I'm trying to be conservative when it comes to game purchases this year, so I might just get the games that I'd really want to play like PMD Rescue Team DX, New Horizons, FFVII Remake and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive. Thinking of either NieR: Automata or finishing Monster Hunter World+Iceborne when I finish Yakuza 0, so I've plenty to keep my busy.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

He's an assist trophy so you probably shouldn't expect him like at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No direct announcement tonight huh?

Either next week or the week after otherwise E3 it'll be. April would just be too close to release one.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I know this is the characters speculation thread, but at this point I want a direct not because of the Smash characters, but because I've got a Switch with only a few games and I'm interested in more announcements. For Metroid Prime 4, to know if BotW 2 is like the first (I didn't like it) or they changed it enough, for some new random games, etc. The last general direct was, like, september I think, are they going to do one general direct each 6 months from now on, or are they slowly killing the direct formula completely in favor of random social media announcements? I don't like when they do a direct dedicated only to one game/series because if you are not a fan of it, it would be like if there was no direct anyway.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Welp, I just finished DMC 3 and my hands hurt like hell.
On the flipside, I've been won over to the "Dante in Smash" argument. Here's hoping for another anime swordsman in Smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I agree that Kasumi has almost no chances to make it (and I don't get all the fuss for her honestly, I'd prefer any other Phantom Thief before her), but Castlevania and Street Fighter already break that.
Echoes hardly count as 2nd characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom of this wait for new info?
Currently? Ring Fit Adventure and AI: The Somnium Files (and Hunters on the TV side). Just returned from a trip abroad so I bought a lot of videogames that will keep me busy for a while, catching up with friends, watching movies (The Invisible Man, dude that's scary).

The wait is pretty easy on me right now, thank God.
I've been thinking about how much better Cloud would have been if he was in Ultimate as DLC for more FF7 representation and goddammit it's sad at how much you're able to add. Bombing Mission, One Winged Angel, the Chocobo theme, JENOVA, Weapon Raid, Golden Saucer, Birth of a God, Cosmic Canyon, the Junon March music, so much. Then there's literally ANY spirit there, this debacle alone makes me hope for another FF7 character, even if it'd end up being Sephiroth
I was playing the FF7R demo and all I could think was "man how the **** did we not get Bombing Mission in Smash".

And yeah, Sephiroth for Smash let's go

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Remember Kasumi (P5R not DoA)? Nobody really talks about her anymore. I think we might be sleeping on her chances.
I think you're insane if you think Persona is going to be the first 3P to get a 2nd character...
I agree that Kasumi has almost no chances to make it (and I don't get all the fuss for her honestly, I'd prefer any other Phantom Thief before her), but Castlevania and Street Fighter already break that.
Echoes hardly count as 2nd characters.
I think a lot of people are presuming Kasumi would be an echo in this case.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Want: 2B, Rillaboom, Doomguy
Don't want: Geno, Reimu, Heihachi
Close. I want Reimu. I don't want Doomguy. Apologies for taking long to reply.

Believe me. I can get quite passionate when it comes to which characters make and don't make it into the roster. For instance, I really dislike Incineroar and think it's the worst Smash newcomer of all time. However, as others have said, you're taking things to far. There's far more to live for then your favorite character getting into a party fighter.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
A second Persona rep with no SMT V news would slowly kill SMT fans, assuming we haven’t already died of thirst already.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
A second Persona rep with no SMT V news would slowly kill SMT fans, assuming we haven’t already died of thirst already.
Well at this point...
you get used to it.jpg

Though if Atlus did hypothetically get a second rep, I fully expect it to be another Persona character, most likely Yu Narukami.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What up I reworked my Sol Badguy moveset to be less convoluted after remembering Terry came out affer my initial moveset
I've been thinking and I want to change up my Sol moveset a tad, especially as Terry wasn't out at the time I initially made it
UNIQUE MECHANICS
Backwards walk: Just like the Shotos and Terry, Sol will walk backwards if in a 1v1 and autocorrect when dropping shield or landing

Input commands: Just like the Shotos and Terry, inputting the traditional commands for Sol's Special moves increases their strength, he can even cancel a lot of normals into specials by performing the input during the animation as long as he hit something

Air Dash: At the cost of his second jump, Sol can air dash either forwards or backwards. This can let him chase opponents down, mix them up or even retreat and recover horizontally. There's little lag so Sol can use this as a decent burst option.

NORMALS
Jab: A punch to a kick and slash. Taken from 5P, 5K 5H.
Ftilt: Sol punches straight forward. Based on 6P.
Uptilt 2: Sol swings straight up. Based on 2H.
Dtilt: Sol kicks straight forward. Based on 2K.
Dash attack: Sol lunges forward with a fiery fist. Based on Fafnir.
Up Smash: Sol winds up a powerful punch that sends his opponents straight up. Based on 5D.
Fsmash: Sol thrusts his sword straight into the ground with incredible force. Based on 6H.
Dsmash: Sol gets on his back and kicks his leg out. Based on 2D. The move is quick enough to be used against a parry, especially as it low profiles
AERIAL ATTACKS
Nair: Sol does a simple yet quick punch that's like Ryu's Nair. Based on jP.
Up Air: Sol swings upwards in an arc. Based on jS, but upside down.
Fair: Sol kicks straight in front of him. Based on jK.
Bair: Sol strikes backwards while holding his blade. Based on jD.
Dair: Sol thrusts right under him. Based on jH and is able to spike.
PUMMEL AND THROWS
Pummel: A simple yet generic knee.
F Throw: Sol headbutts his opponent, sending them flying. Based on his regular throw.
B Throw: Sol swings his opponent straight behind him with great force. Based on Wild Throw.
Up Throw: Sol grabs his foe by the neck while holding them high before they explode. Based on his air grab.
D Throw: Sol holds on to his enemy while forcing them down before creating an explosion. Based on PBB.

SPECIAL MOVES
B: Gunflame, Sol's iconic projectile. While somewhat slow, it covers a decent amount of ground and has a generous hitbox. Like Power Wave, there's no input, though Gunflame works a bit differently, by tapping B again before Sol actually launches the attack, he feints Gunflame, this reduces the endlag quite a bit and can be used to bait shielda, reflectors, jumps and punish attempts.
Side B: Bandit Revolver/Bandit Bringer/Riot Stamp. By doing a Hadouken motion, Sol will leap forwards with an overhead kick that hits twice, similar to Terry's Crack Shoot. The move isn't the strongest, but it has impressive shield damage as it's an overhead. By holding down the button, Sol instead does Bandit Bringer, a slower move with less range, but is stronger than Bandit Revolver, though it's shield damage isn't as noteworthy as Revolver's. However, by doing a Tatsumaki input, Sol will use Riot Stamp as his move instead, he dashes backwards before leaping while doing a flaming kick, if Sol hits something with the kick, he'll kick once more to kick the foe/item away, though this second kick won't happen if he hits a shield. The backdash only happens when Sol's on the ground and has enough space to backdash, though the move's slightly quicker in the air. Regardless of which move you use here, Sol goes into freefall, though his recovery can be mixed up, Bandit Revolver only goes horizontal, Bandit Bringer has a downwards arc and Riot Stamp has an upwards arc. By using the input versions, Sol will hit harder
Up B: Volcanic Viper. Sol flies straight up as if he's using his sword as a rocket. The input version simply deals more damage but regardless of which version you do, you can quickly do the input for Knockdown to kick your opponent away once you've dragged them up, Knockdown will merely kick away horizontally but when the opponent's at a high enough percent, it will send them at a downwards angle. Sol goes into freefall when doing this move and Knockdown will end the move early making it's rather mediocre reach less impressive.

Down B: DRAGON INSTALL. Sol unleashes his true power to completely wreck anything and anyone in his way. Increased speed, an extra jump which can be used as a second airdash, increased damage, faster frame data and even stronger specials alongside Volcanic Viper having further reach than before! Sol becomes an intentionally broken character for a 10 seconds with a gauge at the bottom showing off how long he has left. When the time is up, Sol reverts back to normal and suffers some noticable end lag, if in midair, Sol will still suffer the endlag, meaning if he was off the stage, he may even die. The move can also only be used once per match, so if you use it, make sure you make the most out of it

Final Smash: Tyrant Rave, Sol unleashes 2 incredibly powerful punches, the first punch will hold opponents in place while the second one has a powerful flame burst come out of his arm which sends anyone who foolishly got hit flying. When in Dragon Install, this becomes Branding Breach. Sol rushes forward and anyone he runs into gets dragged along until Sol finally stops at a wasteland, unleashes such power that the enemy gets OHKO'd regardless of percent. Naturally, a DESTROYED emblem will appear and like Joker's All Out Attack, the results screen will show up with the explosion on screen if you win the match with it. As it's locked to Dragon Install, you can only get a single chance to use this.

OTHER
Parry: Sol briefly floats as if he used a Burst
Taunt1: Sol thrusts his sword into the ground and scoffs, as he's annoyed that this is the best you've got.
Taunt2: Sol extends his arm and does a thumbs down as he has no respect for you.
Taunt3: Sol extends his arm, pauses for a bit and does a thumbs up as he's impressed
Victory theme: The Xrd victory theme but shortened down
Victory1: Sol walks away before turning to the camera. "What a waste of time!".
Victory2: Sol powers down from Dragon Install before smirking. "Next time you better bring your A game!"
Victory3: Sol emerges from an explosion and strikes a pose.
Branding Breach Victory: The camera moves to Sol's back, still in Dragon Install, while he looks over his head while saying "We're done here, game over"

Any and all feedback is appreciated
I'd like feedback on this

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
Accept reality guys, we ain't getting a nintendo direct ever again, smash is a deadgame, it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I could see them rolling out echoes with the release of each of the next fighter pass characters...or at least some of them. It would be quite the cool surprise, like the premium miis...but a little more oopmh and a little more money.

Afterall, they are taking double the amount of time to get the same amount of fighters out.

Plus, we haven’t received spirit events for some of Nintendo’s newer releases like Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Ring Fit (so would be quite excellent to have Gooigi and Ring Fit Trainer show up as echoes of Luigi and Wii Fit)

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I just saw this while searching for Nintendo direct results.
Can anyone confirm the veracity of this?
Was this already discussed and is it fake like I think it is :p

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
If I'm going to be starting a Grovyle bandwagon, I need some memes to fuel the flames
View attachment 264769
I'm in.

GrovyleMeme.png

My opinion on this is, mods exist.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I never trust them leakers, ruining hype as usual.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I saw it proven false already on Resetera.

It was a greenscreen of 2B from Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Would be really happy if true... but then again, the swords look bigger than they should be and they're missing the "ring" that makes them float in-game. With Sakurai's attention to detail, I doubt they would forget that one. Also, not sure about her crouch position, but it looks familiar... as in, it seems identical to a character we already have.

So I'm leaning on fake.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that, even Terry and his insane amount of SNK music lacked some crucial music pieces, mainly these two imo:
I really love "Livin' on the Deck" and it is one of my favourite Metal Slug tracks. Such a shame it wasn't added.
The other great one I love is "Speeder" from Metal Slug 5:

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Even when they're obviously fake, image leaks can be fun - a lot more fun than "trust me guys, he's in" text leaks

Like that series of fake CSS renders from around late summer/early autumn last year

'Ken' looks like he's ****ing constipated:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Would be really happy if true... but then again, the swords look bigger than they should be and they're missing the "ring" that makes them float in-game. With Sakurai's attention to detail, I doubt they would forget that one. Also, not sure about her crouch position, but it looks familiar... as in, it seems identical to a character we already have.

So I'm leaning on fake.
I think it's already proven to be fake but note that characters can borrow a lot of animations from each other.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
think that it hsa been proven fake already, but what made me immediately raise a red flag was the poster appealing to the "i never seen the weapons following characters before" argument... from a screenshot.

he is clearly trying to mimick the Mallow DLC jiggle costume argument, that as long as i understand, only one person wielded but made it look like it was the voice of teh modding communitty and then everyone started replicating.

Even if he used the aftermentioned argument for an actual video, is still feasible to do with some modding depending of how extensive was teh video.

Yeah, even ignoring teh fact thath SC IV, is still fake as hell.

Even though 2b is quite likely IMO.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
What up I reworked my Sol Badguy moveset to be less convoluted after remembering Terry came out affer my initial moveset

Maybe I'm not being very helpful but honestly I think this works pretty well, never thought about giving him air dash at cost of his second jump, it seems a logical and easy choice but I never thought about that lol. Dragon Install would be available once for each match or for each stock?

If I was good drawing movesets and all that I'd make one based on this

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I don't know to much about or Guilty Gear in general, but I'm really liking what this character can do. Having an air dash is amazing, if he had a command grab or was able to do aerial throws, that would be icing on the cake.

I'm also really love the idea of DRAGON INSTALL, I'm hyped when characters have a Last Resort/Final Gambit/All or Nothing power up it make the match all the more blood pumping. Having an instakill Final Smash regardless of percent when under certain conditions is something I'd like to see.

If Sol comes with some of these things and more I'd gladly welcome him into Smash.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Fake leakers should be more creative and throw some random name into their fakes.

Like Gothitelle or Katalina. Or Hamsters, hamsters are always good

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Sakurai met Yoko Taro for the first time on Christmas Day of last year which is after the lineup of FP2 has been decided. Sakurai only met Yoko's wife before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom