• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think the only reason why ATs are so hated is because a lot of people think it's a permanent deconfirmation.

If Waluigi or Isaac got in through one of the six remaining slots, then I feel like ATs would suddenly be treated way better than they are now.
Yup, the only time people hate Assist Trophies are when it comes to characters that people wanted to be playable. No one really complains about or minds Whomp, Hammer Bro, or Flies & Hand compared to Waluigi, Isaac, Midna, Skull Kid, Krystal, etc.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I feel weird that the lack of Zelda newcomers never bothered me.

We have the most important games represented already in some form we don't really need anymore than that.
That's sort of like saying, "We already have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser, so I don't think we really need anyone else."

Yes, we have the main cast, but there's a lot of really unique characters that have been skipped over. I don't think it's fair to ignore what a character could bring to the table just because they aren't a main character.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Warning Issued
Don't worry Wynn I hate assist trophies too.
It’s not that people like assist trophies, it’s that Wynn is a cry baby and just can’t except the fact it is what it is, but also likes to try and rain on every parade when quite frankly we don’t know the rules.

wynn likes to make up his own smash bros rules and act like they are Gods word. If you even so disagree with him politely, he acts like a mega douche bag and cries and tries to make himself feel better by acting all high and mighty.

Again, this issue isn’t about liking assist trophies it’s about the user themselves.

I.D.

Smash Lord
There's still next week for a Nintendo Direct. Otherwise I don't expect one until E3 as I feel there's little point to having it in April or May, my reasoning being that it would be too late for the investor meeting next month and that it would be too close to E3 anyway.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Well the point of my post was that the festering obsession you’re unable to let go will ultimately hinder you the most, and that’s true whether you’re big enough to acknowledge it or not.
It's a video game, who gives a crap whether I still find a feature of it to be trash? You can let it go and still dislike the thing.

D

Deleted member

Literally nothing posted here is productive. It's not like any of these post are going to affect Smash Bros or it's future. You typing this isn't even productive at all. Me responding to this isn't productive. I guess it's only productive if we just keep spouting positive crap and refrain from saying anything that can be considered negative. Do I need to keep listing all the stuff I like about game before I dare say something bad about it?
Wait hold on stop. You actually like things from Ultimate? I gotta hear this from the horse's mouth. What do you like about this game?

Last edited by a moderator:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom of this wait for new info?

D

Deleted member

So, what have you guys been doing to stave off the boredom of this wait for new info?
Honestly, I can't say I've been bored throughout the wait. I've been playing Dragon Quest and Street Fighter, studying for school, and attending boxing and muay thai classes for the past month or so. Always have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Trying to think of ideas to start a story or something. Anything to get my name out there. But of course I've been hitting nothing but walls.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I can't say I've been bored throughout the wait. I've been playing Dragon Quest and Street Fighter, studying for school, and attending boxing and muay thai classes for the past month or so. Always have something to look forward to at the end of the day.
I'm playing Yakuza Zero and Shantae
Trying to think of ideas to start a story or something. Anything to get my name out there. But of course I've been hitting nothing but walls.
I'm just watching movies and TV shows I've got on DVD and occasionally playing the Switch. I'm really limited on options on what to do at the moment

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’ve been playing Dreams; I’m currently working on making a Kuru Kuru Kururin clone (I never played any of the actual games, so my rip-off version will have to do, ahaha...)

Krankees

Smash Ace
I'm going through the Zero/ZX collection. I'm having a blast and I wish I played it sooner. Currently on my second playthrough of Zero 2 to unlock all the ex skills.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a video game, who gives a crap whether I still find a feature of it to be trash? You can let it go and still dislike the thing.
Then maybe stop bringing it up every other minute?

This is the newcomer speculation thread, not your personal rant topic. How much you loathe Assist Trophies don't have anything to do here.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't hate assist trophies myselfor the idea of assist trophies, necessarily. They serve a purpose as far as gameplay is concerned.

I just wish they'd save AT roles either for very minor/generic characters like goombas, redeads, dark nuts, etc. or characters who couldn't really be made playable (at least not that easily), like Andross or Nintendog.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I bought Yakuza 0 from Steam and I haven't even attempted to play it yet. Will playing a new game hurt me? I'm scared...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think ATs are a great way to rep character that aren't going to be playable.

Anyone that thinks a character was going to be added, but then wasn't BECAUSE they were already an AT is an idiot. If they want to make an AT into a playable character, they will. And if they don't, well, it's cool for them to be there still in some form.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
wynn likes to make up his own smash bros rules and act like they are Gods word. If you even so disagree with him politely, he acts like a mega douche bag and cries and tries to make himself feel better by acting all high and mighty.
So basically just like everyone else in the Smash fanbase.

D

Deleted member

I don't hate assist trophies myselfor the idea of assist trophies, necessarily. They serve a purpose as far as gameplay is concerned.

I just wish they'd save AT roles either for very minor/generic characters like goombas, redeads, dark nuts, etc. or characters who couldn't really be made playable (at least not that easily), like Andross or Nintendog.
Part of me agrees that minor characters like Thwomp or Tiki serve assist trophies best, but then most of me thinks I'd rather have Bomberman as an AT than no Bomberman. Same goes for characters like Guile, Shovel Knight, or even Zero.

Lemme tell you something, there's nothing more harrowing than seeing an assist trophy just straight up deleted and not even upgraded. This is where Custom Robo and Advance Wars fans really have it rough.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
User was warned for this post
boo me no like video game me going to go off topic to complain and you all have to listen to me haha im a miserable person and you all get to be miserable too

>:^P

D

Deleted member

Do you think Nintendo would put two general Directs that close to each other?
Evidence speaks louder than words. The evidence says we've gotten an April general direct in recent times. In theory, we can have the direct on April.

Screenshot_20200304-144307_Opera.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Work, other games, watching YouTube. My routine never really changed.

I'm just hoping I can get the Museum item I want in New Leaf so I can take a break from my 3DSXL and send it in to get fixed. I'll miss some weeks of New Leaf, but no big deal.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I bought Yakuza 0 from Steam and I haven't even attempted to play it yet. Will playing a new game hurt me? I'm scared...
Do it, it's worth of trying. It has a slow start where the game shows you the mechanics and introduces the setting, the characters and the story, but after that everything related to the main story is a wild ride.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Remember Kasumi (P5R not DoA)? Nobody really talks about her anymore. I think we might be sleeping on her chances.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hittin the backlog. Since the september direct ive beaten Super Metroid, Hollow Knight, Axiom Verge, Jedi Fallen Order, Cuphead, Dusk, Specter Knight, King Knight, Bayonetta 1, Cave Story, Portal 1 and the PC version of Halo Reach. Working on Bravely Default rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom