• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sakurai met Yoko Taro for the first time on Christmas Day of last year which is after the lineup of FP2 has been decided. Sakurai only met Yoko's wife before that.
So if there’s a third Square Enix rep in this pass, it won’t be 2B.

Come on Neku...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would've thought everything woould've been covered by the massive song list.
Nope. I in fact can even come up with a decent 50+ song list for Kyo using KoF songs that weren't included:
King of Fighters 94:
Esaka
Slum no. 5

King of Fighters 95:
Funky Esaka
Arashi no Saxophone 1
Guitar to Omega to Rugal

King of Fighters 96:
Esaka? (KoF96 version)
Seoul Road
Fairy
Trash Head

King of Fighters 97:
Esaka Forever
Cool Jam~Arashi no Saxophone 3~
Still Green
Bloody
Control Crisis
Rhythmic Hallucination

King of Fighters 98:
Seoul Town
In Spite of One's Age
Fanatic Waltz

King of Fighters 99:
Ryu-ko
Psycho Sonic Trip
The Way to Rebirth
Tears
Sadistic Eyes

King of Fighters 2000:
KD-0084
Inner Shade
Come Up Smiling
Goodbye Esaka

King of Fighters 2002:
Napolitan Trance
Deserted Town
Tacos Dance

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match:
Destiny
Tranquilizer
SHINING BRAVE!
'~J Prime
Falling of the Nightingale

King of Fighters 2003:
Prolongation
Joyrider
I'm Hot for You

King of Fighters XI:
Joker
Queen
Triumphantly
Secret Circumstances
KDD-0075

King of Fighters XIII:
Arashi no Saxophone 5
Each Promise

King of Fighters XIV:
Follow Me
Saxophone Under the Moon
Sky Blue
I'm the King of Fighters
Ice Place -KOF XIV Version-
Emergence

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Sakurai met Yoko Taro for the first time on Christmas Day of last year which is after the lineup of FP2 has been decided. Sakurai only met Yoko's wife before that.
This seems like a pretty strong deconfirmation of 2B. I find it unlikely that Sakurai would include her without contacting her creator beforehand.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be fair it's not like Sakurai is going to say "I've met with Yoko Taro around the time that the fighter pass 2 lineup has been decided, but I'm not telling you why!" So unless I'm missing something and Sakurai explicitly said that in December it was the first time they met, I don't think she's deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Even when they're obviously fake, image leaks can be fun - a lot more fun than "trust me guys, he's in" text leaks

Like that series of fake CSS renders from around late summer/early autumn last year

'Ken' looks like he's ****ing constipated:

No I will not chill
1583420927797.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even when they're obviously fake, image leaks can be fun - a lot more fun than "trust me guys, he's in" text leaks

Like that series of fake CSS renders from around late summer/early autumn last year

That Agnès was a blatant Palutena edit and Isabelle looks dead inside lmao

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Ah yes, Isaac from the video game Bronze Sun.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

People actually thought this **** was legit for the time until people realized that the accent in Agnes' name was flipped the wrong way.

Of course the text part of the leak is what throws people off and not Ken's ****ty attempt at Ryu's pose.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
To be fair it's not like Sakurai is going to say "I've met with Yoko Taro around the time that the fighter pass 2 lineup has been decided, but I'm not telling you why!" So unless I'm missing something and Sakurai explicitly said that in December it was the first time they met, I don't think she's deconfirmed.
Sakurai and Yoko explicitly said so in front of other game developers like Kamiya during livestream show on Christmas. The MC of the show was Yosuke Saito from Square Enix but there were other people from other companies as well as bunch of streaming staffs of Nico Nico. So I don't think they were trying to deflect things by any means. I think it would be too awkward to explain to the staffs why they do so without telling about Smash. And they didn't sound like that either imo.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
This seems like a pretty strong deconfirmation of 2B. I find it unlikely that Sakurai would include her without contacting her creator beforehand.
K Rool's creator found out K Rool was in Smash at the same time as the rest of us; I'm not really on team 2B, but I doubt this is a deconfirmation.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sakurai and Yoko explicitly said so in front of other game developers like Kamiya during livestream show on Christmas. The MC of the show was Yosuke Saito from Square Enix but there were other people from other companies as well as bunch of streaming staffs of Nico Nico. So I don't think they were trying to deflect things by any means. I think it would be too awkward to explain to the staffs why they do so without telling about Smash. And they didn't sound like that either imo.
I remember there was a livestream but I forgotten about it.

Would have wanted to see a translation of how it went.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Does anyone else think Asura (Asura's Wrath) would be dummy sicc picc? (Especially if we also get Akuma, to replicate the Angriest vs the Strongest, and the best Boss Rage episode evah).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
K Rool's creator found out K Rool was in Smash at the same time as the rest of us; I'm not really on team 2B, but I doubt this is a deconfirmation.
K.Rool's creator doesn't own the character anymore so Sakurai doesn't need his (or Rare's) permission to include him (or Diddy Kong for that matter).

I don't know much about 2B's series, but I'm assuming Sakurai will probably have to contact her creator first before he can include the character into Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
K. Rool is first party though (created for the Donkey Kong series, albeit by Rare when they were still with Nintendo. Creator prob lost the rights to him when Rare moved to Microsoft). 2B is wholly third party (Platinum Games + Square Enix)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't K.Rool's creator work at Playtonic? That'd be a lot of effort, getting a creator on a different continent entirely to consult about a character they don't even own anymore. Don't think it's as comparable

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
K.Rool's creator doesn't own the character anymore so Sakurai doesn't need his (or Rare's) permission to include him (or Diddy Kong for that matter).

I don't know much about 2B's series, but I'm assuming Sakurai will probably have to contact her creator first before he can include the character into Smash.
Yoko taro has said that he is more than happy that her character has plenty of crossovers, he doesnt event care as long as everyone likes her, he has said that himself; on another note he has said he wants a port of nier automata to switch and i believe but i am not sure about this one, he has said that he also wants 2B in smash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I won't be left in tears if 2B doesn't get in, but I do think it'll be interesting to see how the fanbase responds. A lot of people were pushing her like she was guaranteed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I won't be left in tears if 2B doesn't get in, but I do think it'll be interesting to see how the fanbase responds. A lot of people were pushing her like she was guaranteed.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You know how that went with Resident Evil...

the only true guarantees were Isabelle, Incineroar, Ken, Simon, Ridley, Hero, and to an extent Banjo, cause they were all leaked beforehand (Banjo was leaked “to an extent” because Shinobi spilled the beans 24 hours before the big day while the others were known for months)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
the only true guarantees were Isabelle, Incineroar, Ken, Simon, Ridley, Hero, and to an extent Banjo, cause they were all leaked beforehand (Banjo was leaked “to an extent” because Shinobi spilled the beans 24 hours before the big day while the others were known for months)
So Dante when given supposed evidence? ;P

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You know how that went with Resident Evil...

Even with a lot of those characters it wasn't completely guaranteed, as certain as some of those cases seemed, we have previously had cases like the Gematsu leak where everything lined up until it all suddenly fell apart. Unless it's a slip up from Nintendo themselves, as was the case with Simon and Hero, or we get a leak that's as convincing as the ESRB leak was, then there's no character that's nailed on, at least that's what I learned from what happened with Chrom and the Chorus Kids in the Smash 4 days.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I could see them rolling out echoes with the release of each of the next fighter pass characters...or at least some of them.
I would love that SO much.

Give me:
46e. Bass [Megaman]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I remember there was a livestream but I forgotten about it.

Would have wanted to see a translation of how it went.
I won't go for full translation, but basically Yoko said that it's the first time he met with Sakurai (they have interacted on twitter before Sakurai said) but he always wanted to apologize somthing to him. Yoko apologized (of course jokingly) about the time when his wife Yukiko (Don-chan's designer) met Sakurai at TGS. When she found Sakurai, she got so excited and pointed her finger at Sakurai shouted "The Smash Guy!!!!" Then Sakurai and Jin Fujisawa corrected that actually she said was just "SMAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" That happened long time ago but Sakurai said that meeting was so shocking and funny so he can't forget about it.

SpaceCrystal

Smash Cadet
I've been telling everyone about this (& have even made a thread earlier talking about it here).

They automatically believe that a big popularity of characters that they've named are going to automatically be in when Nintendo are going to most likely add in characters in which they can most likely advertise & promote.

It's the same with other characters like Heihachi, Scorpion, Master Chief, Travis Touchdown, Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, etc. Big popularity of characters doesn't mean a thing to them.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I could see them rolling out echoes with the release of each of the next fighter pass characters...or at least some of them. It would be quite the cool surprise, like the premium miis...but a little more oopmh and a little more money.

Afterall, they are taking double the amount of time to get the same amount of fighters out.

Plus, we haven’t received spirit events for some of Nintendo’s newer releases like Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Ring Fit (so would be quite excellent to have Gooigi and Ring Fit Trainer show up as echoes of Luigi and Wii Fit)
Some candidates for myself, pick any six out of seven/eight:

Impa (:ultsheik:)
Medusa/Viridi (:ultpalutena:)
Ms. Pac-Man (:ultpacman:)
Hilda (:ultzelda:)
Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:) (ONLY if its the only way she gets in, would prefer her to be unique or at least on the level of :ultken:/:ultchrom: or :ultisabelle:/:ultlucas:/:ultwolf:)
Jeanne (:ultbayonetta:)
Octoling (:ultinkling:)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Looks like the 2B leak was already proven fake, but seriously, it looked fake anyway. She looked tiny compared to R.O.B., like she’d be tiny against other human fighters as well (yes I know she’s an android or something but you know what I mean), and not because of the mushroom.
Fake leakers should be more creative and throw some random name into their fakes.

Like Gothitelle or Katalina. Or Hamsters, hamsters are always good
Oh yes, he’s in!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I would love that SO much.

Give me:
46e. Bass [Megaman]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
A true visionary. We need Black Shadow (CF been alone for too long) and Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic's Vegeta).

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I've been telling everyone about this (& have even made a thread talking about it here).

They've automatically believe that a big popularity of characters that they've named are going to automatically be in when Nintendo are going to most likely add in characters in which they can most likely advertise & promote.

It's the same with other characters like Heihachi, Scorpion, Master Chief, Travis Touchdown, Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, etc. Big popularity of characters doesn't mean a thing to them.
I'm sure there will be at least one or two big name characters that will get people excited, just as we got the likes of Cloud and Banjo the previous DLC cycles.

Insisting that every single DLC from here on out is just going to be some super niche character no one cares about just seems like pessimism for the sake of pessimism.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
I'm sure there will be at least one or two big name characters that will get people excited, just as we got the likes of Cloud and Banjo the previous DLC cycles.

Insisting that every single DLC from here on out is just going to be some super niche character no one cares about just seems like pessimism for the sake of pessimism.
Niche and/or obscure doesn't necessarily mean bad -- the ultimate DLC I've played the most and had the most fun with (Terry) is the only one I hadn't heard of before he was leaked announced for smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Niche and/or obscure doesn't necessarily mean bad -- the ultimate DLC I've played the most and had the most fun with (Terry) is the only one I hadn't heard of before he was leaked announced for smash.
I wanted Terry or Haohmaru, and yet everyone was up the ass about screaming it's Nakoruru because of birds.

Just birds.

That's it, just because she had a bird.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Given that Ganondorf now has a sword, shouldn't Samurai Goroh be a better candidate to be turned into an Echo?
Also hot take, I don't think anyone actually cares about Black Shadow beyond being a placeholder for the Falcondorf moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom