• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I won't go for full translation, but basically Yoko said that it's the first time he met with Sakurai (they have interacted on twitter before Sakurai said) but he always wanted to apologize somthing to him. Yoko apologized (of course jokingly) about the time when his wife Yukiko (Don-chan's designer) met Sakurai at TGS. When she found Sakurai, she got so excited and pointed her finger at Sakurai shouted "The Smash Guy!!!!" Then Sakurai and Jin Fujisawa corrected that actually she said was just "SMAAAAAASHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" That happened long time ago but Sakurai said that meeting was so shocking and funny so he can't forget about it.
That’s hilarious, even other developers can’t contain their excitement around Smash. Had no idea she was the designer of Don-Chan too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also hot take, I don't think anyone actually cares about Black Shadow beyond being a placeholder for the Falcondorf moveset.
Get a load of this guy, he doesn't know what a CHAD Black Shadow was in the anime.

1583430422557.png

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Imagine

You get to name whatever 6 characters you want for fighter pass 2, but the first 3 characters have to be non-specific nouns like they were in the first fighter pass (Joker, Hero, Banjo)

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Get a load of this guy, he doesn't know what a CHAD Black Shadow was in the anime.

View attachment 264828
Most of my exposure to Black Shadow has been him getting punked by Deathborn and him dying to a galaxy-sized Falcon punch, so my perception of him being a little capital-B witch may have been taken out of context.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and him dying to a galaxy-sized Falcon punch
imagine believing the falcon punch is what caused the explosion

what actually caused the explosion was ryu from street fighter driving a car and malfunctioning of black shadow's death star that would've exploded the universe and remade it as the exact same one but evil and all that bad junk

all falcon did was sacrifice himself to throw him and black shadow in that explosion

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I would love that SO much.

Give me:
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
When will people stop suggesting this terrible idea? Black Shadow is too bulky to echo Captain Falcon. If we absolutely had to make him an echo, put him over Ganondorf, the character who everyone wanted him to take the moveset of.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Black Shadow could be a semi clone too like Wolf or Lucas

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Black Shadow is too bulky to echo Captain Falcon.
Black Shadow is actually a pretty good fit for Falcon considering he's just as fast. It's like Ike. Everyone thinks he and Black Knight must move so slow because that's how Smash does it and then your eyeballs feast on this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Shadow could be a semi clone too like Wolf or Lucas
Agreed.

Neutral B: Bull Charge - Charges into his opponents like a bull. The longer you hold B the more he charges up causing more damage.

Down B: Slam Fist - Slams his fist onto the ground causing a slight shockwave, anyone caught in it achieves damage.

Otherwise Up B, Side B and his Final Smash (Being the Black Bull instead of the Blue Falcon) stays the same.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Sakurai himself doesn't need to meet with other companies' representatives in order for Nintendo to negotiate with them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Black Shadow is actually a pretty good fit for Falcon considering he's just as fast. It's like Ike. Everyone thinks he and Black Knight must move so slow because that's how Smash does it and then your eyeballs feast on this.

So we have precedent for Sakurai making characters slower in Smash than in out of Smash to match their shape. Why wouldn't he do this for Black Shadow?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So we have precedent for Sakurai making characters slower in Smash than in out of Smash to match their shape. Why wouldn't he do this for Black Shadow?
Why did he make Ken faster than Ryu? Make Black Shadow slower than Falcon. Compromises can be made. :nifty: Assuming he'll even be put in this game.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Imagine

You get to name whatever 6 characters you want for fighter pass 2, but the first 3 characters have to be non-specific nouns like they were in the first fighter pass (Joker, Hero, Banjo)

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante
1. Dark Matter (Kirby)
2. Quote (Cave Story)
3. Syrup (Wario Land)
4. Doomguy (Doom)
5. Dante (Devil May Cry)
6. Pig Ganon (Zelda
imagine believing the falcon punch is what caused the explosion

what actually caused the explosion was ryu from street fighter driving a car and malfunctioning of black shadow's death star that would've exploded the universe and remade it as the exact same one but evil and all that bad junk

all falcon did was sacrifice himself to throw him and black shadow in that explosion
I knew that but saying he died to the galaxy punch was funnier to me
Point is, his most memorable moments to me were him immediately losing to a bigger villain and dying, so that doesn't exactly endear him to me as a newcomer beyond a Waluigi-esque pity support.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai himself doesn't need to meet with other companies' representatives in order for Nintendo to negotiate with them.
No, but he does usually directly work with them when making the character. Hero was a collaborative effort between him and SE.

If 2B was part of the pass, I think Sakurai would like to have discussed what he could and couldn't do with her before committing to making her a character.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Something I feel is worth mentioning:
maxresdefault.jpg

Black Shadow is represented by Ganondorf in his spirit battle. Not Falcon.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I've been telling everyone about this (& have even made a thread earlier talking about it here).

They automatically believe that a big popularity of characters that they've named are going to automatically be in when Nintendo are going to most likely add in characters in which they can most likely advertise & promote.

It's the same with other characters like Heihachi, Scorpion, Master Chief, Travis Touchdown, Dante, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, etc. Big popularity of characters doesn't mean a thing to them.
...Like the dead franchise of a rival competitor they specifically say to play on their console instead? :ultpacman:

But yeah, I remember the Doom Smash stuff on KYM with someone being like "someone's going to turn [the DLC group of characters dancing] into a mosh pit soon enough...", as well as this humorous comic:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, does this Tweet mean anything? Could it put Dante in Smash, in which he'd be indeed with Bayonette, in doubt?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Like the dead franchise of a rival competitor they specifically say to play on their console instead? :ultpacman:

But yeah, I remember the Doom Smash stuff on KYM with someone being like "someone's going to turn [the DLC group of characters dancing] into a mosh pit soon enough...", as well as this humorous comic:

Also, does this Tweet mean anything? Could it put Dante in Smash, in which he'd be indeed with Bayonette, in doubt?
Kamiya's expressed wanting to make Dante VS Bayonetta since forever and regrets denying Bayonetta in PXZ2 due to his own pettiness, it means nothing

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Imagine

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante
Dixie [Kong] (Donkey Kong Country)
Phoenix [Wright] (Ace Attorney)
Rex [& Pyra] (Xenoblade)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Impa (Zelda)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante
Black Shadow
Bandana Dee
Mecha-Fiora
Elma
Neku
Octoling

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
When will people stop suggesting this terrible idea? Black Shadow is too bulky to echo Captain Falcon. If we absolutely had to make him an echo, put him over Ganondorf, the character who everyone wanted him to take the moveset of.
No, cause then when Ganondorf finally DOES stop being a CF clone, BS ends up being an Echo of nobody.

Skip the unnecessary step and just put him where he's going to end up anyway.

Also hot take, I don't think anyone actually cares about Black Shadow beyond being a placeholder for the Falcondorf moveset.
Well, that and the fact that I think Smash needs more villains.

Most of my exposure to Black Shadow has been him getting punked by Deathborn and him dying to a galaxy-sized Falcon punch, so my perception of him being a little capital-B witch may have been taken out of context.
TWF: It takes a galaxy-sized punch to defeat you, and people still call you a b****...

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Metal Slug [Metal Slug] (metal slugs are a thing, right?)
2. Rash [Battletoads]
3. Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
4. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
5. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
6. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]

We shouldn't be accommodating for things that won't happen.
It's gonna happen. Just not in Ultimate.

Lay the groundwork now, spare themselves the hassle later.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Imagine

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante
Ark (Terranigma)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Doom Guy (Doom)
And of course, the only character to end this list off with...
SGT. CORTEZ! (TimeSplitters)
Time to Split.gif

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Imagine

I'll start:

Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Waluigi
Doom Slayer
Dante
Thief (MapleStory)
Slayer (Dungeon Fighter Online)
Ferry (Granblue)
Madolche Puddingcess
Darkrai