• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
action/adventure is such a vague genre that you can't define what game it originates from.
Action and Adventure are relic genres of the early days of gaming.

Games were either reflex based (Action) or puzzle/text based (Adventure). The early Zelda games were notable for mixing both of the two genres. While it might not seem like a big deal now since we really don't use the Action/ Adventure dichotomy anymore, it was a pretty big deal back then.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Imagine waiting months to discover the last fighter of the pass. Nintendo announces a Direct for wednesday this week and than Vergeben come out of silence to leak the last fighter. Your reaction?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
well instead of arguing like a Barnum and Bailey's Circus Spectacular headliner, why dont you explain your position?

or stick to discussing things like a 4th grade glue muncher. your call
Oh damn sick burn bro, now you've really shown me.

Some of y'all have been so cranky lately.

Also, not gonna go into it too much 'cause it's off topic, but Skyward Sword is overhated and I will not stand for Twilight Princess slander.

None of the Zeldas are bad. :drshrug:
Finally.

Some good Zelda opinions in here.

So FP5 ends up being first party,

What franchise do you want to see get a character?
Xenoblade, unless they pick someone from 2. Other than that, Zelda.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Xenoblade. Elma. because it didn't get a base roster newcomer and Rex was costume'd at the start of the pass so CLOSING the pass with playable Elma... i need it

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Imagine waiting months to discover the last fighter of the pass. Nintendo announces a Direct for wednesday this week and than Vergeben come out of silence to leak the last fighter. Your reaction?
That depends on who it is, frankly.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
"Thank God Vergeben's gonna try to salvage his credibility. That would make me right for still believing him."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If you could choose THREE things to see in an upcoming Direct besides Smash DLC what would they be?

- Halo for Switch
- Rare Replay (or BK/BT) for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
- Advance Wars Switch
- Golden Sun Switch
- Rare Replay on the Switch

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey guys, just wanted to stop buy and say I made a very stupid mistake. You may remember I made a post talking about the projected dates for Fighter 5's release I found using some math techniques. If you're curious, the original post is here.

Well... turns out, I made a math error. A small one that snowballed. Basically, for the reveal vs. release comparison, I plugged in the Amiibo date when I shouldn't have. So any dates that were projected from data other than Amiibo Theory should be disregarded.

I sincerely apologize. As stated, the original data just using Amiibo Theory is still good. Just the other ones... not so much.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey guys, just wanted to stop buy and say I made a very stupid mistake. You may remember I made a post talking about the projected dates for Fighter 5's release I found using some math techniques. If you're curious, the original post is here.

Well... turns out, I made a math error. A small one that snowballed. Basically, for the reveal vs. release comparison, I plugged in the Amiibo date when I shouldn't have. So any dates that were projected from data other than Amiibo Theory should be disregarded.

I sincerely apologize. As stated, the original data just using Amiibo Theory is still good. Just the other ones... not so much.
If we can't trust math, then what can we trust Martin?

WHAT CAN WE TRUST?

But naw you've already went above and beyond, and was still a fun read!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well coming to the surprise of literally no one, Advance Wars (Andy).

And given a trademark filed in Dec 2018, I don't think it's completly impossible even if it were to happen after the Pass.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I'm betting we'll see at least one new IP at the next direct, but It's kind of hard to talk about new IPs since all we would be doing is taking a shot in the dark because they're new and unknown. The best we can do is maybe speculate the genre Nintendo might explore with the new IP.

That said, I'd be interested if Nintendo tried doing a game in the city building genre.
I do wonder if they’d reveal a notable new IP (that isn’t just an Eshop title) in a direct? Other recent notable IPs were at somewhat larger events (Splatoon 1 was at an E3 and ARMS was in the big Switch presentation.)

Hmm, yeah, I wonder what kind of unique take they could have for on a city builder nowadays.
I also wonder if Dr. Wright would make a proper return in said city builder or not haha.

D

Deleted member

Currently playing FE Three Houses, and if we get songs from the game in any form I hope they add the organ cover of the main Fire Emblem medley from the game.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I do wonder if they’d reveal a notable new IP (that isn’t just an Eshop title) in a direct? Other recent notable IPs were at somewhat larger events (Splatoon 1 was at an E3 and ARMS was in the big Switch presentation.)

Hmm, yeah, I wonder what kind of unique take they could have for on a city builder nowadays.
I also wonder if Dr. Wright would make a proper return in said city builder or not haha.
Astral Chain.

andree123

Smash Ace
If you could choose THREE things to see in an upcoming Direct besides Smash DLC what would they be?
1. Nintendo confirms the year of yoshi (Super Mario World's 30th anniversary)
2. Metroid prime trilogy
3. Pikmin 3 port

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Astral Chain or Style Savvy! Easy peasy. Either would add a totally unique new aesthetic to Smash with super interesting mechanics in the fighter.

If it's an existing franchise, then I want Elma and a Xenoblade X stage with music.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

If I can't handpick which particular character I want, then the safest bet feels like Kirby, you can hardly go wrong with any of the frontrunners from that series.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Man, barely anyone here can handle different opinions. Say something is bad and you get people saying your wrong for thinking that. Let people like what they like and dislike what they dislike.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Anyone think post pass might add more than just characters?

Like I know they said they were done adding modes before, but they also said there’d only be one fighter pass originally.
I would love Squad Strike online.
We can now play KOF in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, barely anyone here can handle different opinions. Say something is bad and you get people saying your wrong for thinking that. Let people like what they like and dislike what they dislike.
Your idea of a different opinion is a radical opinion that most people here disagree with, add that with your cynical tone towards the subject. Maybe we can all just agree to disagree. :nifty: I'm sorry that we think assist trophies aren't the ultimate disrespect but that's just how it be.

if we get morshu this is his only song

and im more than fine with that
good now post his alternate colors

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Pokemon or Xenoblade
Anyone think post pass might add more than just characters?

Like I know they said they were done adding modes before, but they also said there’d only be one fighter pass originally.
An updated Smash Run with online compatibility would be great.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
As a Rhythm heaven fan, I can tell that I would rather have Karate joe assist trophy than 12 collectibles jpeg and 3 music that I'm never going to listen because no stage fits the style of these music.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welcome to Smashboards.

How are you doing?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom