• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
- The Legend of Zelda BotW 2
- Metroid Prime 4
- Bayonetta 3
Give me gameplay and/or a release date for any of these three and the direct did it's job for me.
I think your best bet is Bayo 3. BOTW 2 and Metroid seem like E3 material to me.

D

Deleted member

For reference, have a look at the second image linked here
My guess would be to add the information on the 2nd fighter's pass. If that is the case, we'll probably get info regarding that (and likely the last fighter) about a week before the 20th.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hmm, so maintenance for "passes". I agree with Rie, maybe it's regarding shop vouchers in general, but that and the one hour delay in the maintenance makes me think this isn't our usual fix.

I just want them to broadcast the entire intro to Shadow the Hedgehog. No announcement tied to it, I want them to show the intro for absolutely no reason.
Bonus points if none of the Direct presenters acknowledge that fact afterwards. It's just there.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
If you could choose THREE things to see in an upcoming Direct besides Smash DLC what would they be?
  • Golden Sun Switch (4/Remake/Prequel/whatever) - As a side note, I realized lately that I want voice acting in all my RPGs from now to forever.
  • Advance Wars Switch - Setting and aestetics of 1/2/Dual Strike please. Not about that realistic stuff. Same with the VA.
  • BotW 2 to be compared to Majora's Mask by Nintendo themselves in the same way Mario Odyssey was compared to Mario 64.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I think your best bet is Bayo 3. BOTW 2 and Metroid seem like E3 material to me.
That's true. Bayonetta 3 is what I want to see the most atm because of the 2 year+ radio silence. If nothing about Bayonetta 3 gets announced after E3 is over then it's time to get worried.

D

Deleted member

If you could choose THREE things to see in an upcoming Direct besides Smash DLC what would they be?

- Halo for Switch
- Rare Replay (or BK/BT) for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
I like your idea of Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Gonna be biased and say
-New Bomberman game
-More Dragon Quest ports
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
- New F-Zero
- Banjo Redooie
- TimeSplitters HD Trilogy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On a side note

if that more Wii U ports rumor is true

PLEASE LET ONE OF THEM BE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION. I know XC1DE is being worked on but they’re probably close to done with it

oh and uhhh F-Zero GX HD would be nice too I guess but what are the chances of THAT happening hahaha /sobs

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Okay, so this pass maintenance thing has me theory crafting. Well, mostly just because I'm at an airport with nothing to do, so hear the word of a bored so-and-so.

We get a direct this week. Fighter 5 is revealed and shadow-dropped the same day. After that, however, we get another trailer- one for the first fighter of the next pass, who will be available as soon as the next pass is- being the 20th of this month.

Gives the new guy a chance to settle in, lets them put the finishing touches on the first character of the next pass, and lets Nintendo prep their servers for the inevitable flooding of pass purchases, hence the maintenance.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, literally none of that will happen lol

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
Hmmmm.
1. Nintendo and Ubisoft second collaboration.
2. Xenoblade X switch port.
3. New Nintendo Switch Online news.

Edit: Why is the site being damn slow on my phone.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
*Wonderful 101
*Master Chief Collection
*DMC4 DE

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC

- Mario Kart 8 DLC
- Pikmin 4 or Pikmin 3 port
- We Love Katamari Reroll OR Morrowind/Oblivion ports

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
if that more Wii U ports rumor is true

PLEASE LET ONE OF THEM BE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION
The other one can be a Super Smash Bros for Wii U port! It will add Waluigi to the roster and no one else.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
In his own words he said it would be darker.
When I hear that I can't help but to think how a Noir Zelda would look like. With Link working as a hardnosed if silent detective, speak-easies where people sell Lon Lon stuff semi-legally, and Tommy Guns that shoot magic instead of bullets. Oh, and Ganon / Calamity Ganon interfering with Hyrule's electricity systems so things are literally dark in Hyrule's Castle Town.

We've already had that Train Zelda, so it's aint that much of a reach.

Edit: Still though, it'll be interesting to see, since we haven't had a "dark" Zelda since Twilight Princess (could be off on this, but still).

Since everyone else's doing it:

1. Bayo 3 news.
2. Some more first-party news like how BOTW 2's progressing.
3. A new or ressurected IP hopefully.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Like you said, you should appreciate that Waluigi is even an Assist Trophy. Sakurai views ATs as just as valuable as any other part of the game and only includes them as a way of trying to make people happy. Why should Waluigi even be made playable if he already have such a great role as an Assist Trophy?
I'm fine if he doesn't make it in. It is just a video game, after all.

And I do appreciate the AT and Mii Costume hat. I get to have something reference a character I like, and that's cool. :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I saw some do this in here so I thought of doing it to

choose your dlc timeline
The Sol Badguy timeline looking hella fresh.

Guilty Gear is one of the major fighting series left not in Smash, and the air dash mechanic could make for an interesting character. Sora is literally my most wanted so I'd take a timeline with him even if the other characters sucked. Rex & Pyra were gipped out of a roster slot in base, and Byleth is one of my most wanted first parties (a whipsword would make for such a cool moveset). Professor Layton and Monokuma are also really cool additions who represent a currently underrepresented genre in the puzzle/VN genre, and both could have interesting movesets.

The Ryu timeline is pretty good though if only for the whacky editions. Reimu, Steve, and the Dragonborn would burn this fanbase to the ground, and Chosen Unborn would blow up the internet. KOS-MOS is a cool Namco rep, so she'd be nice to see.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
Just give me another Mario Golf for the Switch, I've been having to play Toadstool Tour with parents since it came out, I'd really like a new game for my own sanity because I've been playing the same game with them for around 15 years.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So Kid Icarus' problem is Nintendo being dumbasses and choosing not to bring it back after success
So F Zero's problem is Nintendo not willing to use Captain Falcon outside of Smash
So Star Fox's problem is Nintendo refusing to just make a regular Star Fox game like the entire fandom has asked to
Yep. And honestly that's lame. I think Nintendo isn't smart enough if we talk about taking advantage of Smash as a game that can promote and boost other franchises. Of course I'm talking about first party franchises, not third party games.
Uprising is a ****ing AAA for a handheld not only with Sakurai as a director but with a monumental and talented crew of people behind it. Conclusion? We didn't get anything more from Kid Icarus since then not even a single port or something like that.
F-Zero? The demand for a new game is there since a good amount of years and the last F-Zero game came out for Gamecube. The franchise deserves another opportunity.
Star Fox well, they kept rehashing the same story when they could try new things. Zero tried that at least.

While I get that Nintendo is a company that seeks money and profits like the rest, I think that sometimes they don't give enough importance to some of their games like if they don't really trust in them. Then...

I can't link this video enough. It handles both F-Zero and StarFox, and the video starts at the relevant time once clicked:

Miyamoto's an amazing producer and designer, but there lies his weakness too - he doesn't see value in a game unless there are new ways to play. And he's far from alone in thinking along similar lines: Nintendo's organizational culture is like that. Do note that I vastly prefer Nintendo's culture over lets say EA's, Tencent's or Activision's by a mile, warts and all (generally speaking).

Ah, so it's time to go back to speculatin' as normal then? All right.
there's this. Yeah, some of the people at Nintendo try to bring new ways to play. But if I'm honest I always saw that statement from Miyamoto as an slight exercise of hypocrisy. Not every Mario game shakes the game industry you know. I mean, all the sequels in gaming always try to bring some new things.
If every F-Zero game sold like Mario I can assure you that Miyamoto and company would run searching for new ideas and mechanics for a new game. Yes, maybe F-Zero doesn't offer the same freedom that a Mario game can give you when it comes to experiment, but there's talented people at Nintendo and there's always a way.

Having fresh ideas and new mechanics is important, of course, but even if franchises like F-Zero could give them a lot of ways to experiment they wouldn't release a new game if they don't see it profitable enough. Which happens to all companies, but it's a bit sad because Nintendo has a good amount of IPs that are super cool and interesting. I would gladly sacrifice the usual Mario spin off or the sixth Zelda remake for new games from F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven.

But maybe that's just me :(

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
Interesting. If we talk about completely new announcements:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising 2
- Metroid 5
- A new DK Country game

If we consider games already announced:
- Prime 4
- Bayonetta 3
- Shin Megami Tensei V

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
- TWEWY 2
- Metroid 5
- Anything related to Prime, whether it's a Switch Trilogy, Hunters Remake/Remaster or Metroid Prime 4.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Give me the Mother Trilogy with Links Awakening Switch graphics

I've said this 100 times over! Earthbound in particular would really take on this look seamlessly. I never thought it was a game that's artsyle could be reimagined and modernized without losing charm... until I saw what they did with Link's Awakening.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

- Halo for Switch
- Kart 8 DLC
Actually I'm gonna redo mine. Call it the spin off special.
1. Mario Tennis Power Tour remake - That Game Boy Advance game was without a doubt, one of the best spin offs in the franchise. Gave a really cool perception of Mario and co that I want done more.

2. Pokemon Ranger 4 - I want more Pokemon side stories and more slice of life stuff. Shadows of Almia gave that vibe.

3. Xenoblade Warriors - No brainer. This or Kid Icaurs warriors next.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Direct Wishes? I'll play!

1. Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far Port: Portable Mainline KH is a dream, and I'd love to see Kingdom Hearts on Switch in any form. 3 might not be able to be ported, but the Switch can definitely handle everything up to 0.2.

2. Masamune Castle Remake: A remake of Masamune Castle in the vein of Dark Souls or Platinum Games would be really cool, and I'd like to see Nintendo step out of their comfort zone with something like this.

3. Kid Icarus Uprising Port/Sequel: Please save this series from the 3DS. It deserves better.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Direct Wishes? I'll play!

Kid Icarus Uprising Port/Sequel: Please save this series from the 3DS. It deserves better.
Kid Icarus has so much effin potential. Unfortunately, I don't think that series is getting touched until after Smash is all wrapped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom